David Jaffe puts out "Drawn to Death" a game even more cuck and cringe than Borderlands...

So people like Gerstmann and Ryckert are the very few actual games journalists left in a sea of presstitutes after clickbaitbux and devs are now so in bed with those they cannot deal with the old guard anymore and just try to start a witch hunt for hurt feelings?

I don't know who is more cucked. the modern journos or these devs fully complacent with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fpMPi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh my god why do you even care?

Like you cared enough to come here and whine about it and its the most stupid fucking retarded shit you could ever care about even if it's ironic or whatever fucking excuse you could give there's not even any comedy in anything you just wrote fucking christ stop giving a shit they're dying out because everyone hates them anyway you could just ignore them and they'd fuck off regardless you fucking faggot get off my board with this stupid shit the stupid shit being both what you wrote about and yourself jesus fuck.

Professor Badass i thought your classes didn't end till 3pm?

I've never heard of any of these people or this game.

I need more information on this game.

It was one of the "free" PS+ games recently, that's the only reason I've heard of it.

It is a freemium "hero shooter" where you use memes as weapons such as "i can has cheezburger" and "firin mah lazor".

It is a sad old man desperately out of touch trying to make an ironic 'down wit tha kidz' game.

Surprisingly it is not good.

i downloaded it but did not play it. should i delete it?

Jaffe making cucked games? What?
That shitlord even showed up in gamergate podcasts with a bunch of MRAs.

Going to have to agree with this fag. No one cares bro. Or at least they really shouldn't.

Anyone can fall to them if they are paranoid enough about having a witch hunt targeting them. Any western dev rather.

The only thing more pathetic than an open cuck is one who hides behind a fabric of kosher masculinity.

The artstyle would look good with a bit more color but the rest of the game is cringe inducing

what is cucked about it? should i delete it? i don't want a trophy of gayshit in my collection

Kek

imagine if someone tried to make overwatch third person and completely focussed on early 2000's memes.

your console is infected.

I fucking hate you whiny shits who go full BITCHMODE when people try to have a conversation about something bad that happened/happens/happening.
This shit happens IRL too, usually with women who are on the rag.
You're the one whining. OP is starting a conversation.

pro-tip: ignore anyone with "what the image says.jpg" filenames. It's shills using shared image pools.

oh damn. why did he do this to me?

Go away goon

Are you fucking stupid? I'm not complaining about whatever he is, I'm complaining about him shitting up the board with this asinine garbage.

That's the most retarded shit I've ever heard, and I read the OP.

I have 17,000 images, I want to actually fucking find them rather than having them all named "qa9bsdf3e435t32fb4f5547b34q9fwrf6y34235g.png"

Any screenshot of the meltdown

This makes me feel bad inside.

How long have you been on imageboards, user? It's okay, you can be honest, nobody will be mad.

This is how far a man can fall.

What the fuck is this shit?

Or it's someone like me who has 4000+ reaction image folder and doesn't want to have to spent an hour looking for an image to post.

kouhai pls

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We were warned and did not listen.

Gerstmann and his band of idiots are no better than the rest of the games press.

The folks that left or moved across the country to their own building are, gerstmann doesnt often have tastes i agree with but he is one of the very few games journalists still doing his job.

I mean shit the whole "gerstgate" thing back in 07' where he got fired for refusing to give a game paying for banner space on gamespot a higher score was when the mainstream started saying "maybe the relationship between journalism and critics is a crooked info hostage situation?"

but it was 2007. lot of bad shit happened for games then. and never recovered.

Seems to sum it up pretty well.

Go back to cuckchan's neo/v/ with this e-celeb shit

Oh so the problem is that it's a shit game filled with cringe inducing old memes.
When you said cucked I thought you meant it's feminist/SJW garbage instead of just regular garbage, you had me worried there for a second.

What additionally pisses me off is that there is some version of this concept that could be really interesting. Not the "meme culture" part but the "video game based on edgy middle school/high school scribbles" part. In the right hands you could actually have something.

keep pushing your narrative to stop Holla Forums talking about your masters goon, it will work eventually, only been trying it for 3 years.

Its hard not to think of 'cucked' when a man is trying to make money selling meme lockboxes.
That very concept should make you feel like someones dripping old, putrid, lukewarm jism down your spine.

The fuck are you talking about? I don't know who any of these people are and I don't care. But threads like these are a waste of virtual space.

Image related is the closest I can think of. Not the best gameplay but I liked it. Moving from stage to stage by busting through comic panels was a cool conceit.

Cucked means letting something you love get fucked right in front of you for the sake of virtue signalling.
Simply making shit games is not cucked, you have to intentionally fuck up your design to score points with neon haired hipster faggots.

Shitposting and metafagging aside, this video sums it up, played it with a friend who always tries any game he can get his hands on, Jeffe is trying to get back to 1990s with his MTV shooter, it's like a nostalgia game when his entire audience has already moved on and forgotten about him, RIP Twisted Metal.

They're supporting the indie social justice clique just like everyone else. Occasionally taking easy potshots at AAA or shit everyone knows is garbage and no one is defending doesn't make up for it.

Yeah thats pretty much how it works.
See the cool thing here is that we dont get fags like the one you're shilling posting here because everyone would tell them to fuck off.
So why dont you fuck of gay nigger.

The gameplay is great for a beat em up of the time, all it needed was a dedicated grab button.

Do you think goons actively shill on the chan boards?

They're certainly pathetic enough to try.

at the gamespot days maybe, now? not so much.

I actually know what you're talking about and even I don't think this deserved a thread you gayboy

Was Ryckert as buttflustered as Gamespot? archive.is/fpMPi

You can tell by the lack of punctuation that he's obviously skipping class. He's Professor Badasss, he can do what he wants!

Drawn to Death just looked like a rn-of-the-mill multiplayer shooter with a different artstyle. I saw it on Moist Meter, nothing really noteworthy.

Ehh, most of his points are legitimate, but he explains them in poor ways that make him seem like a trigger nigger. He's either grasping for an audience or he's just not very eloquent.

This game seems like the product of a typical "ideas guy". They don't care about the actual gameplay, only their dumb concept. In this case it's biro doodles in a notebook come to life. Any non retard will say ok that's nice but what about the actual gameplay? Is it really worth trying to stretch out this childish idea into a whole game? Isn't it going to be fundamentally flawed because everything is in service to your dumb concept? Doesn't the art just look bad though? Are people really going to be able to put up with it for more than a few minutes? Isn't the fact that you think this is a good idea a huge red flag? And so on.

By the way, the reason why the controls feel terrible is because that's another thing ideas guys don't give a fuck about. Going all the way back to Doom you can feel the careful attention payed to acceleration and movement. Where is that here? Combine that lack of attention with poor programming and you get garbage.

98% of the screen is different shades of white with blue lines. It reminds me of all those lazy silhouette games which are essentially monotone. It's not a "cool idea" and it's not "interesting". It's shit. Every time I allow these "games" to piss me off. What is wrong with me? I just hate the combination of laziness, arrogance and just plan lack of talent that produces them. In conclusion, fuck David Jaffe, whoever he is.

Are they even white?

Didn't he help write one of the american Silent Hill games?

That looks awful.

It's like they massproduced bad memes and built a game around them

David Jaffe, guy who created Twisted Metal and pretty much killed the franchise with the last game, Sony is just having some pity by letting him make his own game, guy is totally a fucking hack now.

Don't have that video, but he was inspired by "doodles" he made when he was in High School.

He directed God of War 1 & 2 and was a designer for the Twisted Metal games. How a guy like this goes full "muh feels" I don't know.

I know you're desperate for methods to find shills but try to scrape the bottom of the barrel, not your own fucking brain.

Also fuck this guy for naming his game "Drawn to Death"
When I first read the title, I thought it had something to do with Drawn to Life.

He's done it before

lol no

According to American standards, yes.

Well, I can see how someone could think that the artstyle is grating on the eyes, but Borderlands was cringe because it was written poorly, full of memes and SJWisms, in addition to its shitty gameplay. So how is this game anything like that? Shitty gameplay is one thing, but it's not like you're being lectured about the Kinsey scale of sexuality or some shit.

Enjoy never finding that one image when you need it.

When you look at most the work he's done prior, it definitely seems like a complete 180.

I'll leave this here for prosperity.

Considering how Jaffe got fucked over by Sony on Twisted Metal 2012 Yes it has been that long I can get why he didn't want to do another one (though I also remember him saying he was done with Sony but here we are).
Now it's not all Sony's fault since Jaffe threw all his eggs in the multiplayer basket and that blew up in his face.

Isnt every game expected to be multiplayer now though? Or focused on pretty visuals instead of being fun?

You know, I never liked Twisted Metal, it felt like driving toy cars to me, I always thought Vigilante 8 was way better.

Vigilante 8 was superior in every way.
TM black was alright as it was a true sequel to the first game.

SMT's main audience.

Jaffe is way too sensitive.

Only Moba's and F2P can get away with being Multiplayer only. Titanfall 1 got lukewarm reactions cause it was only multiplayer, while 2 got praised for having a good singleplayer experience. Supposedly the game play was mostly fine, traditional TM gameplay which might have turned off some casuals.

Well they did do a kid-friendly version called Small Brawl that was driving RC cars. I always preferred V8 too since it was a lot more inviting then Twisted Metal. Luxoflux is dead and Activition will never ever do another. Nor will there ever be another Interstate '76 or '82

David Jaffe is a huge SJW who compared a bunch of kids to the KKK for doing a superhero themed prom photo where their girlfriends weren't also dressed as superheroes.

What's wrong with toy cars? Small Brawl is awesome.

TM2012 had great gameplay, but the single player mode sucked. It might be a casual thing to say, but having actual different characters to play as, each with their own story, even if that story was small like in the old games, made things a lot more fun than only having three characters with slightly more substantial stories, even if you could play as any car you wanted. Multiplayer was clearly the focus, and it barely even worked. But even if it did work, they shouldn't have sacrificed single player for it. Twisted Metal lends itself to multiplayer more than most games, but I still want to be able to play by myself. I complain the same way about fighting games too. It seems like a Soul Calibur V situation all over again.

2012 is also by far the hardest game in the series, unless you play it on the easiest mode. So that might have turned some people off.

It's about the journey, not the destination.

Sorry for not wanting to waste my time clicking through folders

Yeah and then he got schooled by Karen Straughan in a podcast and backed down.

Gerstmann was never one of those serious principled journos. That shit happened entirely by accident and gamespot got a ton of shit over it. If they'd dropped Gerstmann a memo beforehand he would've toed the line and given it a higher score. He just didn't realize he might get fired for it.

he turned into a dumbshit a while ago. he may have talked to some gamergays but he spent years riding Gamasutras dick and even though that hiring people from there was the best way to find talent. maybe last century he was an ok developer but he lost it.

Oh I saw this turd on the free shit list for PS+ on my peastriple free trial, don't crucify me yet

OP is a faggot but you sound really really gay