Planning on getting one of these for PC. Which is better? I'll be playing Souls games amongst other stuff

Planning on getting one of these for PC. Which is better? I'll be playing Souls games amongst other stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

neowin.net/forum/topic/1221529-xbox-one-controller-on-pc-windows-7-x64-ultimate-sp1/
youtube.com/watch?v=brsI6z13Su8
amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XBXHG41/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2KQUVGYLMEE58&coliid=I12ONYXF4407T6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DS4.

Just make your own

DS4

DS4, use DS4Windows program

I use a DS4.

X360. The PS4 controller's has features over it but none of them are compatible on PC. There's also no native support and even with steam's dark souls 3 wouldn't recognize it.

What makes DS4 better?

DS4

Always thought the xbone controller was better than the DS4

I guess you Sony fanboys never held one in hand.

Better dpad placement and windows has native drivers. And pretty much everything about the controller is higher quality.

For me I prefer the D-pad and overall feel, Xbox buttons tend to stick more

Ive used an xbone controller, but the dpad is shit and in an awkward place.

XBone is windows 10 only, unless you buy an adapter. That should be reason enough.

n00b

I wonder who could be behind this post.

You are just too stupid to remove the spyware.
Win10 is a lot faster and stable than win7.

Then explain why a bunch of my games refuse to work on win10.

I'm interested in this. I want a controller that lasts for years. How's the durability?

Examples.
And do you have an AMD card.

Ive been using mine for quite a while and it still works pretty well. Its even survived some abuse from my younger cousins.

integrated graphics on a laptop

This isn't entirely true.

This thread helped me get mine working on Windows 7 neowin.net/forum/topic/1221529-xbox-one-controller-on-pc-windows-7-x64-ultimate-sp1/

specifically
and

Once I installed these windows recognized the xbone controller. I'm using it with DS3 also.

Removing spyware from Windows 10 is like removing porcelain from a toilet. What you're left with is shit.

If you use the dpad at all the xbox controller is not an option, they improved it over the 360 one with switches, but it's still small and has an awkward shape.
Using DS4 windows you can use the controller wired and wireless and turn off the retarded light, with xone you can only use it wired.
The xbox front buttons are concave and hard, the ds4 ones are softer and plane, my sister plays rhythm games and says the xbox controller is fucking cancer for quick repeated presses.
The front shoulder buttons one the xone controller are the worst thing on the controller, can only be pressed in certain places and the feel is bad.

PS4 is the better controller.
360 pads are even worse than Xbone. Shit d-pad, bumpers are worse. Thing was built to play Halo and that's it.

I forgot. I don't know if it's only me, but ds4 doesn't work wireless on win7 because the bluetooth drivers are fucked. Y use win 8.1 nowadays because that and Aero fucking with some games.

This place is filled with sonyggers jesus.

Thanks.
I play with an USB cable anyways to avoid input lag.

Remember kids, suggesting one controller over the other explicitly for PC use makes you a die-hard fanboy for that company.

Why would you own that shit otherwise?

Ps4 is a good weeb machine

What's a weeb machine?

A machine to play imported weeb games that will never be released here.

Neither. Get SteelSeries Stratus XL. It's an actual PC controller. It's relatively new and might require you to update your motherboard or adapter's bluetooth drivers. It works with most if not all games.

Games I've tested it with:
Flawless*
Flawless* but my HORI stick is better suited for this
Flawless but my HORI stick is better suited for this
Flawless
Connects but think all buttons are button 8. I blame SNK.
Flawless
Flawless

*A common problem I faced is that the trigger buttons are extremely sensitive. But this problem is easily handled by adjusting their sensitivity in the controller's profile menu.

I like platformers and SNES games too much to put up with any controller put out by Microsoft because of those fucking horrendous dpads.

DS4 is an excellent gamepad and I haven't had a Sony console since the PS2

youtube.com/watch?v=brsI6z13Su8

Learn to embed

Good for you, retro emulation boy.

Why is it excellent?

OP don't listen to these faggots OP
DS4 is fucking garbage.
Get an Xbone one instead, I've played with both and the Xbone one despite its shit triggers is the best of the two.

Behold, the greatest controllers for 2D and 3D gaymen, respectively.

It has social integration and allows you to upload to share your experiences™ on facebook.

Comfortable to use for hours (unlike previous DS), great feel, very good D-Pad and triggers. Also it was freaking easy to use in windows

No shit, all the cuckchan floods did a number to this board.
Its ever increasingly becoming cuckchan, and soon it will become just like it.

Saturn pad looks pretty sexy but I wouldn't use a Gamecube controller, if you need something that requires an L1, Select button, or L3/R3 you're fucked.

I find it to be way too small for my hands, it seems to be designed for tiny asian hands.

I have huge hands and the DS4 is fine.

You'd have a fucking heart-attack if you saw what the board looked like in 2014, modern cuck/v/ is closer to what we were back then than modern 8/v/ is. There's not a big quality differential even now, we're both shit whether you take the recent migrant accounts or not.

Almost every console gamepad in existence has been "small" except for the Xbox controllers or the Dreamcast one. I've been playing since the NES days, size isn't a problem for me

I saw this ad multiple times on German TV, I wonder why it was banned.

Most likely because it had a white woman giving birth to a white baby.

Useful until its left joystick gives out, which is inevitable.

Mark and his crew just need to start treating halfchan-style posts like console war posts. For example and I'm not even a weeaboo, I've seen countless threads since 2014 get derailed under Mark's watch because ironic shitposters and obvious halfchan rejects alike keep starting anti-anime fights in threads. Mark and co. need to brush up on the monkey and the ladder experiment. Halfchan rejects adopt terrible browsing and posting habits because they emulate halfchan-tier posters who know full well how shit their posts are but keep posting because there's no quality control.

Shit is bad but we're still not as bad as cuck/v/ even today. Cuckchan innovates board quality degeneration. Mark and his team need to step up their game or pretty soon we'll start having /svidya/ and /vvv/ revivals. They might think only Holla Forums is prone to offshoot and replacement boards in this day and age but quality is a commodity that sells board migrations.

How do I do this? It was bothering my autism while watching movies in the dark and charging the controller so I had to put it away.

I was here back then and the main difference that I can tell is the amount of generals which seem to bring the worst users out of hiding and spread to other places.

What makes it better and what's wrong with its triggers?

user, I was here in 2014
I still miss the Japanese import threads
I miss >>>/bane/
I miss actually talking about obscure videogames instead of being called a shill eery time I do while AAA garbage is discussed freely and unopposed.

I want to leave, but I can't

In the sliders to set the color of the light, set them all to 0.

I still use a 360 controller, provided you avoid games that heavily rely on the d-pad it's the most comfortable out there. The lower placement of the left stick on Playstation controllers just isn't comfortable for me, plus their sticks have always felt slippery.

You want board-quality degeneration, look no further than the board being repeatedly condensed and compressed into generals and Mark and his vols trying to enforce thread-quality as goddamn rules, that "case-by-case" stupidity they all pull where they just enforce the rules whenever it suits them, oh and the ever-present claim they exercise "hands-off" moderation while the board log shows anything but. I'd be more than happy for a migration board to take off.

It hurts. Hold me.

It's a slow death just like Holla Forums to be honest. To be fair, generals get a pass because all the dedicated boards failed or are too slow. I remember when /pso2/ and /doom/ were briefly alive for maybe a month. Generals like /fighters/ just dropped the >>>/fighters/ link on their OP because the dedicated board is just so dead.
Step up, son. Holla Forums hasn't had any competition in couple of years now. Hell, use a different site instead of Holla Forums if you want. People itching for a new board and a new chance will support you or whoever steps up for a while and as long as there's some activity, the people who follow will in turn bring even more people. Just don't expect a chance of a full migration unless mark and the admins seriously fuck up.

Dpad, Thumbsticks, Bumpers and downright to the buttoms themselves, all feel better quality and lees rubbery than the fucking DS4 which feels like goddamn toy which ironically enough, also glows.

The quality of the material is downright better, the Dpad is ok and doesn't rape your fingers like the DS4 one does if you're playing platformers(but I'd recommend getting either a WiiU Pro or an SNES controller for quality Dpads).

The thumbsticks are actually well made and don't slip all over the place since they have shit that causes friction.

Triggers are shit because much like the DS4 ones it has these ankward as shit estending grips, except the Xbone ones are actually worse due to being longer.

The dedicated boards failed or were too slow because nobody was using them, and nobody was using them because "this isn't already fast", it's a horrendous catch-22 of trying to start a new community with people used to a broad-spanning general-discussion board.

Don't tempt me on my own nu/v/, I've been itching for a chance at it myself. Board creation only just recently came back.

I've never had a problem with mine on the 360 controller

user are you wrongthinking?

user this is the most acute case of shit-tasteitis I've ever seen.

At least there's someone like you who sees this unfortunate catch-22. People are too conditioned to a fast but shitty board that they can't see that they have to invest in a slow and small board so that in time it becomes the alternative. And if it's a good enough alternative it will inevitably overtake the outdated and shitty board. But old habits and convenience makes good posters compromise on their ideals.

Well, if you do step up and have a good vision for it I'll keep an eye out for it. I don't post much on Holla Forums these days as it is. I'm running out of reasons.

360 Dpad is objectively shit nigger, what the fuck are you doing?

Play JPN games with a DS4. That's what they were designed for.

amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XBXHG41/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2KQUVGYLMEE58&coliid=I12ONYXF4407T6

I use Inputmapper, a fork of DS4Windows, and it's been working fine in Win7 for years. I use a $3 Chinese bluetooth 4.whatever dongle for the connection. I sometimes get latency issues if the controller is connected to a charger, and is also fully charged. Unplugging it sorts that out.

Gamecube controller a shit. Even the Madcatz clone pads have better grips, and don't turn you into an arthritic cripple when you play Metroid Prime with them.

The Xbox One controller is best, ONLY if you get the latest version with bluetooth. Not because of the bluetooth, but because it has better shoulder bumpers than the previous versions and the build quality is a little better.
DS4 is garbage in my opinion, you have to turn off half the retarded features in order for it to work decently, and the touchpad is both retarded and constantly in the way. Sonyggers will shriek at this opinion.
Use your fucking mouse and keyboard if you need something like that you fuckwits.

It isn't. The rubber wears off the sticks and the triggers are flimsy as fuck, and that is with light use since the only games I've played on PS4 are Bloodboorne, MGSV, Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, and Digimon Sluts. I've fiddled a bit with it on PC and thought it was pretty meh, so it didn't get used much there.

What version is that?

Get a Steam controller you stupid mock

Also what about the d pad in the Xbox One S version?
Everyone else says the d pad is better on DS4

shit taste

It's a console controller so it's shit.
Get a logitech FXXX series or a thrustmaster. I don't think thrustmaster makes wired controllers anymore though, but if they do run'n'drive/F1 series are overpriced but will last a decade.

Neither.

I wanted to (also because they're cheaper) but Logitech really fucked up.
F310 doesn't have vibration. F510 was discontinued for some retarded reason so all the controllers available are used and more expensive than the console ones.
F710 is supposed to be shit from what I heard.

Get a 360 or Xbox One controller because both have concave sticks unlike the DS4.

It has that fucking touchscreen thingy in it, you can easily control the cursor with it without interrupting gameplay or from far away from the desktop.
Also, I never used it but it has gyro shit, don't know if the Xbox ones have something like it
Also, you have to use software like DS4windows or inputmapper for it to work on most Xinput games, which sounds bad but it's actually a plus in my opininon, since it allows you to fully customize the input of your controller, changing control mappings on games that for some reason don't allow you to, or making stuff like making the d-pad act as the analog stick without removing functionality from the stick itself for games that just don't use both for no reason, and elimminating the need for JoytoKey for older games since you can map the buttons to keyboard or mouse functions.
I say that for PC the DS4 is better than it is for the PS4 itself.

FUCK LOGITECH

Bottom-tier. Logitech makes good mice and decent speakers, that's it.
Meme-tier.

I'd say Xbox360 controller if the left bumper wasn't always fucked.

At least they're not sony/microsoft controllers.
What do you recommend?

What problems do Sony and Microsoft controllers have in practical terms?

Why would I care if Sony or Microsoft makes the controllers? The last time I purchased a console was 16 years ago, so I don't give a fuck about your consolewars bullshit or brand loyalty, all I care about is the best gamepad for emulation and the handful of PC games I'd want to use a gamepad with, and the DS4 is currently the best option in that regard.

the controller itself is VERY durable, however the rubber on the joysticks will come loose. you have to buy a rubber thumb grip. i bought a pack of 12 on amazon for like $5. theyre more comfortable, offer better grip, and they prevent the original sticks from ripping. the plastic and hard pieces are very sturdy and well put together. the sticks are also more sensitive and precise especially with picking up slight motion.

Not if you wash your hands once in a fucking while and don't pick at the rubber with your thumbnails like a nigger, and not if you aren't like those anons that claim they literally melt plastic with their disgusting acidic hand grease, and that their controllers "look like a cheese".
Those are awful and entirely unnecessary. They're actually a downgrade since not only do they "fix" a problem that doesn't exist, but the rubber on the bottom will actually come in contact with the controller and drag, causing a ton of extra friction when moving the stick around the rim. Every single rubber grip cover does that.

forgot image

no, the grips wont touch the edges. even the mid size dont do that. the stick still "clicks" against the edge. the tall ones do if you get cheap ones. but those are awkward anyway.
yes, they will come loose if you play it alot. its a thin loose rubber grip that wraps around hard plastic. it WILL happen. even hard plastic grips wear over time, but those just get smoother/smaller.

they also provide better grip than the originals.

Yes they do. One of my fat fuck chairforce friends bought the exact ones you just posted (along with the ones that have a lizard hand logo on them) and they were dragging like a motherfucker when I was playing his bloodbornestation. The rubber on the bottom adds just enough thickness to come into contact with the rim where the stick rides.
Funny, my N64 controller, DC controller, DS2 and DS4 all look new despite each seeing several hundred hours of use.

Here's a big fucking pro-tip: Wash your hands, and clean your controllers regularly.

its a riddle alright.

Xbone if you have big american hands. DS2 if you have small sissy asian hands.

Recommend something else.

Fucking disgusting. Was Xbox 360 your first console or something?

Why do you fags care about vibration? There hasn't been a single good game that was improved by that gimmick, do your controllers double up as dildos aswell?

Manlet hands compensating detected.

Vibration is a meme. Even the games that did it well weren't impressive, best use of it was for comedy in Metal Gear and even that was unnecessary.

I use my Xbone One controller with Steam no problem. It works just like a 360 one with USB.

This isn't true at all you massive faggot.

n64 and dc both have hard plastic analog sticks. they have no rubber coating so it takes longer for them to wear down. any analog stick with rubber coating is going to wear. even the nes, snes, d-pads wear down over time.

you must be literally retarded if you think anything other than friction is what wears controllers down.
your friend didnt install the pads correctly if theyre touching the edges of the controller.

I've got a xbone controller and the s one that uses bluethooth.

surprisingly nice, the bluetooth doesn't work unless you're using wangblows 10 though. Find one for 20 bucks with the adapter, the thing looks retarded jutting from your computer but i've yet to lose connection with it.

Both are fine controllers. Ultimately your choice will come down to personal preference with stick placement.

To be honest sony's grips have always been knuckle-killing pieces of shit whereas microsoft's feel bigger despite being smaller because they're wads

I guess I should ask about this one as well.
How good is it compared to the other 2?

Looks like an xbone controller, but that button placement is kinda awkward.

Some dank OC for you :^)

But the DS4's grips are larger than the Xbone's grips. You don't need to lie on the internet, friend.

I really, really hate the face button placement on that controller. I played Breath of the Wild with that controller, and I kept hitting the X button instead of Y because it's positioned in the EXACT SAME FUCKING PLACE WHERE Y WOULD BY ON AN SNES CONTROLLER. Nintendo got their shit together with the Switch Pro controller, it looks like.

Not having both sticks on the bottom is retarded in general.
Because if it's not the case then the bottom buttons are too close to your thumbs leading to awkward holding positions and the sticks are too far making you stretch your hand. Having buttons on the top and sticks on the bottom means the elevation from the sticks keeps them at a good distance while the buttons are in the perfect height.

DS4 out of the two, but If you've ever owned a console in your life just use that controller. I still use my DS3.

ive always been fond of this controller. i bought a wireless one for my ps2.

i've never used that controller. it looks alittle weird but i usually like logitech controllers.

is this one bad? or is the ds4 just better?

THEN HOW COME YOU NEVER WENT TO /WV/ SO YOU CAN TALK ABOUT ALL THE WEEB GAMES YOU WANT?

Picture a worse DS2 with significantly worse build quality, input lag out the ass, and no rumble, and that's the F310 which is endlessly shilled here. The best poorfag controller is a 360 pad which is a scant $25.

the one i posted doesnt have rumble either. this seems to be common of 3rd party controllers. is there some kind of jewry going on with this? seems like it should be standard.

Allows them to further skimp on build costs to keep the price down where it's the cheapest controller from a "well known" brand, and poorfags eat that shit up when they could instead spend $4 more for a 360 pad. Hilariously, the older version (Rumblepad 2) had force feedback, and no input lag issues. It also had significantly better shoulder buttons, and face buttons that didn't rattle around like tictacs.

Pain in the ass to configure for PC.

360 controllers are great. is there a reliable way to hook a wireless one to the PC wirelessly without a charger?

Don't forget the mushy ass dpad that wears out in certain directions. I've had two, one that wore out when pressing right, another when pressing down. The former was also an earlier model with those stupid as fuck square holders for the analog sticks.

This is a joke, right? M$ can't possibly be this fucking retarded.

DS4 has a shit battery. That's about it. Dunno how people are tearing off the joystick rubber, I haven't encountered that issue. They must be pretty rough with it.

PROTIP: You can use DS4Windows & get a nifty little decal for customizing the light bar.

I miss it

I used one once and I couldn't take advantage of it because it would tickle my palm

How thin skinned are you?

if its your primary controller and not just a controller you sometimes touch when you want to play a weeb game, its bound to happen. depends on the types of games you play.

they used to be practically a monopoly aside from the tiny amount of people that used macs. so as a brilliant business decision having a monopoly wasnt enough, so they went out of their way to appeal to a tiny market share, while simultaneously alienating their ~90% market share that left them for mac and linux.

and every day they just push their once middle ground OS towards a bootleg version of mac.

I never actually did any physical work, so very.

I have no idea how I win

Are you retarded? That's just a straight up lie

You need to go through like 3 programs to get DS4 to work, Bone controller is plug it in and start playing

I have no alternate programs and i can play a good 90% of my games easy. Unless youre on windows 7, then youre fucked and have to use programs.

That's bullshit and you know it. I have both controllers and I'll tell you right now it was 100x easier to get the bone controller working. The latest updates for win7 have the driver along with it (though I haven't updated 7 in two years so I just got it manually). Also, 90% of games? Try 100% with the bone. It sounds like shilling at this point but man. Just think about it, why would a product from Microsoft's competition work better on their machines and have native support? That makes no sense.

Because microsoft is fucking retarded.

Stop shilling for Sony you piece of shit

Sure, but they're not THAT retarded.

Im not even saying the ps4 is better. Im just saying the DS4 is a better controller than the xbone's.

Xbone has better thumbsticks
DS4 has better buttons
So get some cheap xbone sticks off amazon and put those in a DS4, they fit perfectly

But its not
Fuck, I'd get a DS3 before a DS4
DS4 is fucking garbo

The DS3 is honestly the worst controller sony ever made tbh. I hate the DS3. ds4 Is the 2nd best controller only beaten by the DS1.

>>>/NeoGaf/

Sony controller.

Sony controllers were never good

Agreed. The best controller is the Switch's.

Um, no. Nintendo has always arranged their buttons like that.

The Xbox 360 controllers are cheap on Gamestop, how are those?

Seconding the Wired X360 controller. I got a Xboned pad because my old Wired X360 was getting on it years (Still works fine, deadzone on up is iffy though but I think it's cause where the stick connects to the actual control is worn to shit.) and I find out you have to do the drivers manually if you don't have JEW10. It's easy enough to find the old drivers, install them and get the pad to use them and those work but it's still bullshit.

Don't know how the DS4 stacks up.

poopy dee dee paddy

That Genesis-tier d-pad makes me retch just by looking at it.

Holy shit, you are mentally ill.

The only problem with the GameCube controller for modern gaming is that it lacks 2 triggers on each side and joystick clicking.

This is what happens when your board is owned by a jew.

I don't want to give either of them money. They don't deserve it; they make shit quality products. A third party would be best at this point.

I know, it doesn't even have pretty lights and Facebook buttons, right?

Or you can use your mouse instead of being retarded.

Isnt DS4 a pain in the ass to get running in Windows ?

360 pad is shit for dpad use, good for everything else.

DS4 works plug n play for DirectInput and for XInput you can use DS4Windows or InputMapper.

anybody else able to vouch for this? looks really nice, might get.

Shit button placement.

How does the events in the picture genuinely happen? You have to be severely retarded to pull this off, it's literally a matter of making the symbols match.
To fuck this up is akin to fucking up at one of those toys that you buy for your child where they put the plastic objects in the correct shaped holes or more commonly known as putting a square shaped peg into a round hole.
In essence, you have to be more retarded than a three year old to fuck up this badly. It's beyond incompetence, it's beyond rational thought.
Did none of these mouthbreathers ever ponder why there was a symbol matching the minus and plus buttons on the joycons before jamming it on there? Or is that kind of preschool level thought too abstract for them?
Just seeing this infuriates me. How is a person is capable of such actions, and then they'll make videos about it & act like it's easy to do and it's a really common issue.
ONLY IF YOU CAN'T LOOK AT THE DEVICE AND THINK "MAYBE THERE'S A LOCKING MECHANISM JUST LIKE ON EVERYTHING ELSE THAT ATTACHES TO THE JOYCONS I SHOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION TO SO THE THING DOESN'T SLIDE OFF MIDGAME"
"NO OF COURSE NOT I'LL JUST SHOVE IT ON THERE LIKE AN APE!"
Seeing this is like seeing the developer commentary of half-life 2 and the playtester that walked in a circle for 30 minutes, it just takes a supremely special brand of stupid.
sage for off topic post