MORROWIND THREAD

NO SKELETONS ALLOWED EDITION
For now

The last thread was fun, even the skelly meme hijacking. I've finally decided to try to get into the modding scene, and downloaded some tools, and tutorials. I have also heard OpenMW is close to releasing an update, but have not heard anything else. How are anons enjoying the new release of Project Tamriel?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510/
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLddx1tMCKrggijcH1y-JCeNfwCtd705wy
downloads.openmw.org/
imgur.com/gallery/pcIWF
download.fliggerty.com/download-110-1
fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1080
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Alphabet
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Factions
forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1978
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like Morrowind because it's a good game!!!

I have never played an Elder Scrolls game. The most experience I have had with it is watching Skyrim bug galleries. Should I play MW first, and are there any mods that make it objectively better?

I'd play vanilla with MGSO, and then when you have an itch to play it again add the big overhaul mods.

Play it with the code patch. nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510/

this and, pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf

Last time I followed a long Instruction list to mod a game It crashed every time and I wasted a day.

Well this what I use so it does work, but the mod list is more a referral for later since at first you should play the vanilla game+expansions+code patch first.

That's why I recommend using MGSO, it won't be as nice, but it has an installer, and it still looks good.

nice

The newest version of Morrowind Rebirth dropped today, apparently.

Thanks for the update. I'll give it a look.

threadly reminder that the openmw team is retarded for not arbitrarily naming one of their upcoming releases "version 1.0"

nobody knows or cares about openmw now
so no new blood will come in to work on it
they need publicity, but are too goddamn autistic and stubborn

This upsets my autism

MGSO is liquid shit.

It's true, they really should just cut to it and keep going. Way too many faggots are obsessed with the version number on both sides and it DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER because it's complete as shit and 0.49 or whatever it is sends a completely different picture to worthless normalscum who cannot fucking be bothered to read what features actually exist in that version number (that isn't 1.0 and scares them).

Any mod that guarantees atleast 1 damage per hit? I am tired of getting killed by the first Kwama Forager that sees me

Are you not keeping your stamina up?

Yeah, no problem mate, it's called uninstall.exe

Then start with a better character you dummy. Agility, weapon skill and fatigue are important for hitting.

I wanna marry a big buff argonian boy~!

That's in the game actually, more or less. Hand to Hand being the only exception if they have fatigue. What you want (as a faggot baddy from Skyrim) is a mod that enables you to hit every swing to begin with, because you'd do damage if you did.

-keep your stamina up by walking.
-make a character that has high agility
-use a weapon that you have as a main skill

Skywind, that's what a normalfag wants.

I'm still amazed at the amount of normalfags waiting on Skywind. I'm surprised they have yet to realize it's total vaporware.

Is rebirth any good? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who uses it but they keep pumping them out.

Stats and stamina actually matter man. Morrowind is far closer to D&D than Skyrim in terms of gameplay.

Last time I tried MGSO it also crashed for me

It's not so much the most normalfag normalfag caring about it, it's the most normalfag-like individual in the group that does care about it. It's sort of a gradient that each individual community for each individual interest has, it starts at their variant of normalfag and goes to their variant of autistic devotee. In the case of OpenMW, the normalfag does not read the patch notes and the devotee has developed an emotional connection to them that surpasses the love between a parent and their child.

It's worrying how true this is. When I contemplate OpenMW and Project Tamriel, I get all teary eyed and I feel warm and fuzzy inside.
It's something special to see groups of people creating something beautiful out of love for the subject matter, not out of greed. A rare occurrence.

Young baby fresh out of the womb detected.
PROTIP:
Arena/Daggerfall/Morrowind = First Person Role Playing Game
Oblivion = First Person Action Role Playing Game
Skyrim = First Person Action Game

In Morrowind you need to build your character around stats and then play around those stats. Making a character that can hit 99% of the time fresh off the boat isn't difficult, just read what the stats/attributes do with the tooltips. Easymode would be majoring agility, conjuration and small blade and taking the lovers sign. You'll start with summoned bound dagger which is more powerful than daedric and the spell even gives you a futher boost to you small blade state, you'll be able to complete the game without leveling with that build so long as you keep your stamina above 30%.

For just a generic physical attacker for an easy start just take agility, the weapon of your choice and lovers sign, then so long as you keep stamina above about 50% to begin with for combat, you'll hit 9 times out of 10. Using some cheat mod to make you hit every swing will just break the game, since the enemies are balanced around that and will still be missing themselves.

Don't expect to be able to make a God that is a master of everything fresh off the boat, but you can easily make a character that is a master of a specific discipline fresh off the boat.

If you find that you don't actually like first person roleplaying games after all then that is fine too, just don't whine that the game is bad when you do because that's like complaining that Starcraft is a shitty turn based strategy game.

i'm tired of hearing that name,the biggest failure of a project I ever took part in. Looking at the site I can see I was right to assume it was dead, no update since December and still no public download. All I can think of is the hundreds of assets that were made and all that time spent, wasted because of falskaar tier devs that got planet sized egos from a tiny amount of publicity.

Skywind is gonna be a mess that wont run for shit anyways.

Story time.

I'm definitely up there, I've been following it obsessively since the mailing list nearly a decade ago. It and TR are among the few projects of their scale I can say I have had my expectations mostly met on, it really is incredible and Bethesda is wholly unworthy after what they've become of having a community this good.

Oh god, it's Skyrim all over again with the shite voice acting and accents.

It's the Skyrim version of Gamebryo. Very similar to a British Leyland car.
Now I'm not sure about mem leaks in Gamebryo, but they are a symptom of shoddy programming.

Why the fuck would you have any expectations for it to begin with? The Skyrim engine is simply not suited for Morrowind.

I want this meme to die.

And this isn't even counting mark/recall and interventions.

Jesus fucking christ.

And you're able to teleport too with scrolls and spell. Fucking normalfags ruin everything.

It really isn't. What's funny is that the Skyrim mod for Morrowind shows you how much more suited Morrowind is to being turned into Skyrim - and that's before OpenMW lets you just literally turn it into a clone of Skyrim if you want.

There isn't much to tell, I jumped in right around the beginning hoping to have fun recreating one of my favorite games. Of course that wasn't what they wanted at all.

Most of the project is run by complete morons. People who don't know how to use papyrus to make scripts, people who can't optimize their models, people with the fattest fucking heads imaginable. There was an animated argument a long time back between the modelers and the texture artists because the game was running like dog shit and neither of them wanted to optimize their work. Total fucking gridlock and the project leads didn't do shit. Most of the hope for the project was that this one mythical dude would come in and finish off the scripting, get spears to work, and deliver the message of god. It was beyond pathetic.

Basically no actual work has been done in a long time, it's just modelers making models and concept artists making ridiculous impossible scenes that will never make it into the game. And the whole time there's an army of dick suckers fellating the staff and preventing any sort of criticism to surface. It's reddit on steroids, and wouldn't you know most of these people came from leddit. The paid mods bullshit showed the true character of a lot of people there, the project heads only said the mod would be free long after paid mods got sacked like Rome. In the forums you had faggoloids saying the mod aught to cost money because of all the hard work put into it. If you want to see where paid mods takes you just look at the frozen abyss that is black mesa source.

Frankly, I doubt the project will ever take off. 6 months+ with pretty much zero updates and being run by incompetents doesn't help either. I talk tons of shit on falksaar but at least the pile of horseshit actually got squeezed out. They were talking about releasing skywind by summer of 2016, and let me tell you the fucking thing was no where near complete.

As far as performance goes, you're expecting around 30 fps in the wilderness, if that. In towns it plummets. So you're probably wondering how they got such smooth performance in the trailers? They lied, those aren't actually in the world space but a separate area they padded out to look like the real deal. It's total bullshit. The actual worldspace is some of the most poorly optimized garbage i've seen in years, just look at the one twitch stream they did of the game, and notice dragomir i think that was the guy playing could have been that hooknosed kike squallyseriously, fuck that moneygrabbing piece of garbage compulsively avoided going into towns. Not just because the towns weren't actually finished, but because it would have caused his framerate to go to shit.

The most painful thing though was the fact that no one there seemed to even play morrowind. The closest you got was a handful of people that played morroblivion. Rather than talking about the cool things in morrowind that should be carried over, they talked about the bad things that needed to go away. It made me want to jump off a cliff. After months of this bullshit I threw up my arms and said fuck it, i'm out.

If they actually release the mod i'll be amazed, frankly the whole thing is a giant embarrassment and I doubt anyone would want their names attached to that abomination. The killer here is hubris, they get one fucking article pumped out by porygon and they act like they're hollywood bigshots. The forum gets flooded by newfags that only played skyrim and shit stops. Morroblivion happened exclusively because of 5 guys that loved the fuck out of morrowind working their asses off full time. The rest of the site didn't do dick.

skyblivion is more likely to come out at this rate.

Man that sounds like a fucking horror mismanaged shit. At least you get to laugh if it ever comes out, it is bound to be a piece of shit. Glad you stopped to it's never worth it to work with shitstains.

Kek what a bunch of kikes.

They justify it by saying its to drum up support for the project, not even joking.

Holy shit guys, the Morrowind expansion was announced for The Elder Scrolls Online! Aren't you goys hyped?

Jesus christ man. Can't they just admit they are fucking up badly

The best part is it doesn't work because you can see stutter in the progress updates.

Get out Todd.

Even sadder thing is these things got sold out like one day after

Scalpers.
That's what I want to believe.

If you ignore the Skyrim aspect and just treat it as a viking figurine, it looks not bad.

Also the Todd vinyl thing is retarded and has no need to exist, but at the same time the signatures must have skme sort of collectible/sentimental value, no?

I will never understand why people buy those sorry-looking pieces of junk when you can buy poseable cutes like this.

And they look all the same. Hell those fucking amiibos have more work put into them

thank you for not allowing that skeleton cuck in the thread

he killed the last one

take your memeing back to halfchan

No thank you!

You meant this one right?

I agree, stealing them feels way better.

They're about the same price too.

I have scoured the comment sections of TESRSkywindOfficial extensively and I have come to the conclusion that every single of their suckers is a mentally retarded redditor butthurt that he couldn't hit anything with his terrible character. Further, it appears to me that they are all illiterate since they need every line read to them and that they cannot enjoy a game with "outdated" graphical fidelity.
Finally, they all seem to think that porting a more complex game to a more restrictive version of the same engine is a good idea and they are unable to look beyond the hype.

Skywind, if it ever gets released as a beta, will be Skyrim in Vvardenfell.

Obviously.

I haven't followed it at all. Is Skywind using the Morrowind or Skyrim game engine?

I assume the former, moving Skyrim content to Morrowind game? Either way, I'm glad that Morrowind's to-hit system ended up being as punishing as it was. It acts as a fantastic filter to keep the retards out. I mean, the combat is still a bit dodgy at best, and its so easy to make a broken character, but I'd rather it be the way it is, rather than be like Skyrim

Anyone got the post of the guy who worked on it and detailed all their problems and how retarded they are?

No, they're trying to move Morrowind content o the Skyrim engine. They make everything from "scratch", apparently.
Sure explains this pose.

try /tes/, it should be around there somewhere.

This isn't a skyrim thread mate.

He did significantly more than that, but UV errors like that kind of just fall through, especially if the UV error doesn't draw much attention like the log he fixed.

It feels like nothing more than just a map swap instead of something like Enderal did.

Who?

Then don't talk about Skywind?

This makes me cringe beyond belief. The cancer that infests the future Elder Scrolls games is beyond repair. The Nerevarine should've sided with Dagoth Ur. Fuck this world.

These are from a former concept artist for Skywind, he got fed up at the project and left, the new armors were too different and incosistent with the Morrowind ones, and looking at his work I agree.

Does anybody have confirmation that OpenMW is releasing 0.41 soon? Also has anybody tried the nightly build with distant land? While I wait for the update, I'm going to try my hand at playing Daggerfall for the first time using Ancestral Ghost's daggerfallsetup. Anybody have any character-building tips or things I need to know to not completely fuck myself early on?

Also if anybody's interested in Redguard, I found a complete playthrough with minimal commentary. If you don't wanna play Bethesda's Tomb Raider ripoff starring Cyrus the Nigger but still wanna check out that sweet, sweet lore : youtube.com/playlist?list=PLddx1tMCKrggijcH1y-JCeNfwCtd705wy

Why tho

Don't bother. All the ES games are shit and aren't worth playing.

I don't actually give a shit about Morrowind itself. I just want OpenMW to be finished so that people can start releasing hundreds of TES and nuFO clones that are infinitely better than what Bethesda makes to hurt it.

This. I'm excited myself to start playing around with the OpenCS but I don't really wanna touch it until 1.0 drops and there's some decent knowledge/tutorials out there

Because they don't want to play Morrowind. They want to pretend they're playing Morrowind while actually playing Skyrim.

It's amazing what the right lighting can do for a shot.

It has been released already:
downloads.openmw.org/

Well shit, excellent

Do you mean 0.42? Just use the RC, it works fine. I don't like the distant terrain though because the game looks weird without fog and the lack of distant statics is jarring.

0.41 does not have distant terrain, you're looking for 0.42

Not played with OpenMW yet but I'm not really a fan of distant terrain either, the game and landscape was designed around the short view distance after all. I tend to use FPSOptimiser when playing vanilla, which binds fog distance to the scroll wheel and lets you shrink and extend it at will up to twice it's original distance, which for me is a fair compromise. For Tamriel Rebuilt however, the terrain seems more designed with distant lands in mind and things like the lighthouse not being visible at even a short distance is just offputting, and there's no ash excuse either so I tend to use distant lands when checking out the latest TR, which is pretty rare.

megumin a qt

Speaking of dreams does anyone dream shit like that? I tend to have ow the edge nightmares but nothing like in your first pic.

That's because you're not the Nerevarine.

SOON

Some random poster on the OpenMW forum actually mentioned how it might be wise to just come up with a 1.0 release to get publicity and new blood, and a guy associated with OMW actually countered it by saying it's just a number and it shouldn't matter.
These fuckers are dense as hell, or just too proud.

Disgusting.

Someone needs to make a mod that plays a short animation whenever you miss an enemy which has the enemy moving out of the way.

Hey guys I'm not a skeleton let me in.

What are your opinions on calcium and meat?

WE

Yes

Personally, I agree that the Morrowind system is annoying.
I'm fine with a classical combat system where I give an Attack Enemy command, and have a chance to fail. I'm also fine with a system where I have to aim my swing. But I don't want both at the same time.
If a game makes me aim the swings myself but doesn't want me dealing damage every time, it should be because the enemies make use of established dodging, blocking, and parrying systems, and not because RNG says it magically doesn't work. The reason RPGs had chance-to-hit combat like that in the first place is abstraction. You cannot possibly represent everything at the same time, so some things get folded into more manageable systems, and that's fine. When you make me the one aiming, whether my swing makes contact is no longer part of that abstraction. When I swing in a way I know should hit, see it hit, and then it doesn't do anything, it's frustrating. You can't tell me my low agility, low stamina, or low weapon skill prevent me from making the swing when I clearly do swing and it clearly should have hit.
It is exactly the same as boss fights where victory triggers a cutscene that turns around and makes you lose. It is okay to not give the player control over something, but to give the player control only to take it away when the game decides you need to do worse than you actually are is incredibly frustrating.

I feel like people would care less if the game just had player and enemy animations for missing/dodging swings; I think the disconnect between what's seen onscreen and what's actually happening is what frustrates people.

Pretty much. It feels like playing with that one kid who would always go "nuh-uh, you didn't hit me, I have a force-field".

I could never play a khajit or argonian because of the no boots allowed thing, that and their racial powers werent that great.

That and they're disgusting slave creatures.

I still had to free them every time because I couldnt let them starve to death alone in a cave filled with bandit corpses

It's even worse if you can read those daedric runes like I can I don't know why I learned it it's fucking useless I can't read those shitty blurry textures anyway

I always freed them from their misery with a sturdy knife.

Anyone else played Stirk?

I played Stirk last thread, what do you want to know?

How's world design? It looks nice.

Quite good actually, they did a very nice job adding small details to kitchens, and homes to.

Here's my load order
Speed and stamina prevents stamina drain when running and makes carry weight factor much more heavily lol into your running speed.
Better fatigue usage increases stamina usage from jump and makes weapons drain stamina points equal to their weight when swung.
Stat-based HP mod eliminates the need for every character to max endurance ASAP and gives more freedom in builds.
Madd Leveler lets you play without having to worry about minmaxing so you're not under or overpowered 30+ levels in.
Antare's big mod gives guilds a ton of services and adds income options outside of looting.
Most of my mods are about balance and bugfixing.
Also recommend Tamriel Rebuilt and the Acoustic Overhaul. TR triples the landmass and AO gives the game modern sound design.

I like that magicka regen mod, too.

I see you like to live dangerous

fuck yeah, niggas

Fuck Morrowind. Wheres my thread about the Real Kangz?

it won't be released until after Oblivion Travels on the PSP is finished

you're right

I don't know

so let me know instead of being an autist retard about it

It's not my job to google shit for you user

This is Skyrim 2

Why the fuck does a Dark Elf have the same voice and accent as a nord woman from Skyrim?

When I originally went on my trek through the mainland I completely missed Necrom, and a whole bunch of other cities. I am still finding stuff, but I need to tidy up my house.

You might be thinking of Skyrim: Home of the Nords as far as a Skyrim-in-Morrowind project goes, which is actually about disregarding everything about Skyrim ~ the part of Tamriel from Skyrim ~ The Game and making a version of the place that would better fit the (pre-however-many-retcons) setting in its place. It's part of the Tamriel Rebuilt/Project Cyrodiil/whatever-the-whole-bunch-of-them-is-called project.

kys tbh nigga

Project Tamriel, not to be confused with Tamriel Rebuilt which is a subproject of PT.

PT is the umbrella for each of the projects like Tamriel Rebuilt, Skyrim Home of the Nords, and Province Cyrodill. Apparently there's a High Rock and Elsweyr one too but not much has come of them.

Every time you do a clean install of Morrowind there's always some faggot mesh that doesn't come with the package, somehow.

Who the fuck do you think you are? Install OpenMW

I did, I have a clean install of Morrowind with OpenMW and I have the mods in separate data files folders.
It's always one stupid mesh. Or perhaps I fucked something up in the process, but I don't have environmental mods and the launcher says my load order is fine.

Retards cant think, thats why.

KEEP CUT

This.
They seem amazing at first, and after a few hours you'll realise how empty and pointless they are - lacking all flavour and any sense of real fun or enjoyment.

If you want to have fun in an RPG, play Gothic 2.

I just did like an hour long stream of the xbox version, and forgot that unless I mute it in xsplit, my music gets added to the stream

two songs were muted for it, guess I have to remember to mute that source next time

If this is a morrowind thread - shouldn't it be completely featureless in the middle, with just the first and last post having any content, and that being iterative.
If any posters are met within the thread, they'll give the same 5 generic answers to everything, and have no real personalities.
No part of the thread will be memorable, and an endless mottled brown background will be utterly plagued by barely animated gliding nuisances.
You'll likely not make it to the end of the thread, having completely lost interest after the first 10% of it when you become practically omnipotent, the thread having lost all challenge.

The thread will though be, 7,000 posts long. 95% of those being identical spam posts.

it's a morrowind thread, not a morrowind roleplay thread

haha

Funny you don't realise that morrowind is 'casual' gaming.
Confirmed for never having played a real rpg.

Funny you don't realise that morrowind is 'casual' gaming.

Confirmed for never having played a real rpg.

[citation needed]

Really?
Level 30 and you're already invincible.
The fast travel every 100 yards, as pointed out in this thread as a positive thing. The lack of encounters, the hand holding every step of the way.
That people like this guy think it is hArDk0r3

Citations are for faggots and speeders.

you can be invincible as early as level 1

the fast travel is integrated into the game as part of the economy - boats, silt striders, mages all provide specific destinations for a price, it's not "open map, click location"

lack of encounters is literally the opposite of a problem, especially when cliff racers seem to fucking home in on you from the other side of the island, god help you if you somehow aggro ten or more at the same time

and what hand holding, exactly? this statement alone tells me you've likely never played for any length of time, how about you actually do, and let me know when there's quest markers on the map, HUD, or anywhere fucking else in the entire game

go back to skyrim, you pleb, and leave us in peace

"Bak 2 skyeram!!!!"
How many fucking tiny, compartmentalised safety bubbles do you people need nowadays.
You can't just survive on a site, nor even on Holla Forums, but you also can't take it when someone points out the flaws in a game thread.
That's a serious lack of life skills dude. How do you live day to day? Or is that what the game is for you - an impermiable shell to revisit endlessly.

Try a real rpg one day - you might have to look for games made before you were born - as in anything pre-2000.

son, I cut my teeth on DOS RPGs

this is not an argument you either want, or can win

also, refute any of the points I made about your claims, please

do it

FUCKING DO IT

what's with all the effects on you?

Effects? In which screenshot?

oh, the one with almalexia

Nigger I've played nearly every goldbox game and three Ultima's, you're just retarded. You're probably some neckbeard codexian that jerks off to unfinished Troika games and hasn't played a new RPG since Gothic 2 and is pissed that Morrowind got #7 on the codex top RPG's list even though you stopped playing it after you got killed by a scrib and cried casual tears all the way back to skyrim.

That's the only one I didn't take myself. Not sure how it ended up in my folder.

Seems pretty normal, rings with constant effects and a armor piece or two and you're already at that many

And that's the last of them.

ah yeah, that's true, but I meant it more as "what are those effects"

guess I wasn't clear

no refutations of my points addresing your issues with morrowind? it's been a few hours.

Enchanting sure is powerful. I made this silly ring with only the soul of an ogrim in a grand soul gem, and even then I could have made it much more powerful if not for the fact I didn't want it reflect back at me. Just got done testing it in Balmora, kills people in the blink of an eye.

thanks mr skeltal

I found the problem. clean official plugins v1.1.esp refers to its own photodragons.nif, so it needs the meshes and everything in the same folder.

Skeletons are here

Thanks for all the screencaps mate. Added some new nostalgia pics to my background rotation

So within about an hour of trying to use enchanting I discovered a glitch I had never seen before. If you use an 80k plus soul, and switch it to constant effect it sometimes gets stuck there at constant effect for all other enchantments. Does bethesda ever do any work?

Is the necromancy user on right now? Do you have a link to the necromancer mod you're using?

Okay I know >imgur, but
imgur.com/gallery/pcIWF

What? There's no guarantee he would have been playing Morrowind if he hadn't been playing Oblivion, and he still would have lost his expansion discs.

Not him but I'm gonna assume it's Blasphemous Revenants download.fliggerty.com/download-110-1

And nothing of value was lost besides the discs. Now if it destroyed the ACTUAL Morrowind Collector's Edition that's $200+ worth of discs/manual/art book destroyed

Thanks user. I am currently preparing some supplies for the next Project tamriel release. Making some powerful potions, and enchanted gear.

I want to fuck Almalexia.

I want to pat a Guar

I want to hug a scrib.

I seem to be having problems. Maybe my MWSE is out of date?

No idea, I've never used the mod myself.

I want to cuddle a shalk

If you mean that you can switch out a big soul gem to something weaker and have it retain the CE mod, yes that's a bug but they patched it out, unlike literally everything else.

Well damn I am just trying to see if this thing is working, and I can't find any information on the mod either.

I'm not sure what your problem is exactly but here's a thread on the mod on fliggerty, maybe someone else had your problem. Or you could have installed something wrong, your best bet would be to reinstall and remod

fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1080

Yah I already looked through it, I am just unsure of how you start is all. Do I have to find this guy?

Hmmmm I tried sleeping, but nothing. Guess I'll try again. Thanks for the help user.

Okay it's working now. I only slept once for one hour. It seems to trigger it you need to sleep a combined 5 or 6 hours to get it to start.

honestly glad there's no horses you can ride in morrowind

or we'd have gotten a version of that "realistic horse anus" mod

well it's not like the zoidberg mudcrab mod, which is literally impossible to find anywhere

Rideable guars are way better anyway

I don't think that will work on the XBOX version, sadly.

Might as well just play oblivion or skyrim

Took me a couple minutes to get the body harvesting right, but I raised my very first minion. Something seems off though.

PERFECTION!

nah mate

you can't play Oblivion or Skyrim on the original XBOX

I want to fug a Kwama forager.

Well, time to fire up that console again.

BRAVO BETHESDA

Good to see someone else is playing necro mod.

I'm having a lot of crashes though, I am going to start a new character, and see if they persist.

The only reason to play bloodmoon is to be a werewolf, and even then there isn't much to do.

You're using MWSE, right? And running it as administrator?

Also the whole Skaal hippie bullshit Bethesda was going for pretty much falls flat when you have to kill everything that crosses your path. When I'm done with those quests there won't be any bears or wolves left to be worshiped.
Then he sound of a jet engine rips you out of the game and you notice you're in a blizzard.

I get the impression that Bloodmoon was hastily thrown together to make a few bucks before Bethesda moved on to Oblivion.

Same with Tribunal - Mournhold is pretty damn small, there's only a handful of optional quests and you spend most of the expansion in the sewers.

At least Tribunal has interesting quests and places. I liked those sewers and what was beneath them, it reminded me of Diablo, descending deeper and deeper to discover some pretty crazy shit.
There was also at least some attention to detail, I'm doing the Earth ritual right now and guess what this room of the song is?
A bunch of small rooms with the same chests containing the same randomized loot with the same 50 point lock on them, while three stalactites keep making fart noises at me. It's pathetic, especially those chests, it's so low effort.
Also, the draugr look terrible, they look like some kiddie with a nexusmods account designed them. Everything about this expansion seems very amateurish so far. Perhaps the East Empire company is a little more interesting.

From what I remember, the Raven Rock quests are definitely the highlight of the expansion. There's also a quest about an airship that you have to start in Ald'ruhn.

Raven Rock was comfy. The Skaal, on the other hand - I'm just gonna say that the Aevar Stonesinger book has more about Skaals than their entire village and plotline, save for probably Korst Wind-Eye.

I never thought I'd say this but Skyrim did a better job with Solstheim.

Yah I have it. It's actually running a bit better now. Honestly it could just be windows seven, and the dozen's of other mods I have. In any case I'm moving up in the world of necromancy, does whatshisname give you new lessons every 15 levels?

Woops forgot pic, funny how regardless of gender each zombie uses the same face.

Zombies? How high is your necromancy skill? I don't think I've gotten that far yet. Then again I play really slowly.

I don't know what triggered it exactly, it was either getting to skill 15, or summoning a revenant of each race.

Okay the zombies can fly when you do.

Pro Tip: Don't think you can just kill the zombies by attacking them when you're done, they will defend themselves. Even the ones you don't attack, must be a tight knit group.

Finally made a warlord. In hindsight it was really stupid of him to allow me to make all these skeletons.

I cant believe people didnt know how to take the bus in morrowind

Morrowind was boring as shit…. just saying.

You're boring.

I just discovered how to get permanent summonings for my little skeltal pals.

you wouldnt be jack shit without your skeleton

GET OUT SKELLIE

im surrounded by invertebrates

Can't stand the animation, sounds and the too blocky, even for the era, characters. Morrowind is clumky, even for it's day.

So is your typing.

Takes time to get in but it's worth it. Otherwise use mods the Morrowind Overhaul package

Well finally turned my old master into a mummy. I'm sure I'll get good use out of him, I probably shouldn't take him out though considering he may decide to go for a lava swim.

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE CORPRUS

I was going to tell you off, but you have a fairly decent point. I will raise a counter point. Bethesda are morons.

Skyrim:SE
Not even joking.

Fuck off Todd

We should write the OpenMW team an angry letter

I unironically think Skyrim is a good game
Just use mods, install the Construction Kit.

You're either very brave for being honest about it, or maliciously cancerous
Maybe a little cancerous anyway

Daily reminder Todd Posting has never been funny. Bane posting is for big guys of refined taste.

Yeah, maybe you for YOU.

Eh, you dont get to climb that mountain

Why ?
So far it is very good.

At least it's not as bad as morrowind

I can see legitimately enjoying Skyrim for what it is. I don't understand how you can say it's a good game, though.

Don't waste your time
Every single TES game is absolute trash. This is coming from someone who has played all of them and really like the lore. All of them are shallow and badly designed games even for their time. The most stable of the games is Skyrim and even after 5+ years of patches its a buggy unstable piece of shit.

Todd Howard is a handsome man and I want to kiss him.

Hey, can I just say thanks for using that pic I made?

It's been long enough ago that I lost the psd file and the original, and I wanted to use it again.

Well I'm glad you're here, but the picture has one problem. The daedric ruins on the ones you reversed are now backwards. Yes some anons here can read daedric. In any case I am ready for the next release of tamriel rebuilt. Got my potions, spells, minions, and enchanted items for whenever it drops.

I can read it so I see it's mirrored

Daedric runes*

Oh also I encountered a bug I've never seen before. Now the bug is basically harmless if you have the morrowind patch project, because the MPP fixes the problem of merchants equipping the items you sell them. You see the items that have constant effect summon enchantment here, well if you sell that to a merchant they will equip it, and it will work. However if you leave the sell the summon will despawn, and if you re-enter the cell the game crashes after a bit of time.

last time I tried the solstheim MQ in skyrim, I had some weird bug where no matter which black book I used, I ended up behind the antagonist, while he just walked around and talked every time he got close to me like a normal NPC would

I could never move, even using the console commands

it was bullshit

Did Bethesda do anything interesting with daedric language or is it english with fancy runes?

So I was going to show off with 170+ mods running but I fucked up because I should've used mod packages in Wrye mash to prevent duping. But I finally got it to work after spending an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't read the mod directory and then why it couldn't read my archives. And I have a lot of modding to do now..

Fun fun fun

Also have some Balmora pictures from an older modded game I had.

Noice

It's just a 26-letter alphabet.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Alphabet

Fucking shit, they could at least try and find some obscure real language, for example georgian, and run with it.
If I ever make a game be sure that the "ancient mystical language" is actually not going to be english with another alphabet. I'll probably use my mother tongue, Euskara

You know the Latin alphabet is older than English right? Still, I agree that it's lazy.
Breddy cool language. I have a Basque friend, but he doesn't speak it, unfortunately.

I never got this. These people create entire universes yet can't make a language? Hell, even Star Wars does this shit. The Arabesh is just the Latin Alphabet with symbols that vaguely look like the letters themselves.

It's nearly impossible to find a creative linguist. I used to ask them if they could do everything over again what would their perfect language be, and was always surprised that not only had they not thought about it, but that they found the idea of making a new language almost offensive.

They put a little more effort into the dragon language in Skyrim. It's mostly the Latin alphabet, but with a few extra letters. And, you know, they made an actual language with its own grammar.
We need more Tolkien-level language nerds doing fantasy worldbuilding.

The Dragon Tongue stuff is pretty neat, I'll give them that, but that they mention all these cool languages, such as the Elven ones, but never give us even a taste of it is infuriating.

Daggerfall had a language skill. If you knew Daedric, you could stop some Daedroth from attacking you.

What the fug! You'd think someone interested in language would be ecstatic at the idea of creating a new form of verbal communication! I make up words and language conventions all the time for my stories, albeit if they are lightly based in Latin. Take for example this. "The Arath'anae are purity personified. They're most famous saying is 'Iluna Mira Anae' which roughly translated means 'The light of the Mother Elf,' refering to their devotion to their lady goddess." This is part of a book I wish to right wherein I'm creating an entire fantasy world. It's tough, but not that tough.

As far as I could tell, they saw themselves more like curators in a post-lingual world, and the thought of a new language to them meant either distastefully revising history or planning for some sort of apocalyptic reversion of society.

Playing Daggerfall atm, creating a character: High Elf with disadvantages
Advantages
Is this the cheapest I can get in this game? Also should I take Long Blade as skill and advantage, is it useful for mage? As primary and major skills I took magic shit and running, read running was very useful

Does anyone have the link for the downloads of thirsk, and the new cyrodiil area?

Figure this is still relevant

It's getting there.

Also magic is even more broken than in Morrowind if you can believe that.
>always use spell maker and purely add spell magnitude/duration that scales with your level. Base numbers are practically worthless
Conveniently you also don't need to find spell effects to make spells out of 'em like you do in Morrowind, Try 'em all out. Reflect/Absorb/Resist are good, shield is great, I normally make free action, levitate, and water walking into 1 spell.

Faggot.

take that disgusting loli garbage out of here

This, I'd fuck Megaman

I fully agree.

dont be sad elf, youre still my first choice

Bravo Bethesda.
Bravo.
Can't wait for Skyrim and Oblivion to be ported to OpenMW 1.05 within a week or so.

I finally found the master trainer for unarmored. He had been right under my nose the entire time.

whats going on in that picture? the right top corner, are they milking her blood or some shit?

I don't think OpenMW is what you think it is

It's basically the same engine, porting these games to OpenMW would be trivial compared to the entire development of OpenMW.
At least, that's what I like to think.

What do you mean user? Skyrim runs on a different engine

Even if that would work, who the fuck would bother

Autists, of course.

nobody, if the OpenMW devs keep being this retarded and not give a shit about getting people excited
all they need is cheat and call an upcoming release 1.0
it'll fucking solve a whole bunch of problems they're having now purely from lacking an influx of manpower

But autists would rather have a good game
Which is why people are already just making all the provinces in morrowind

I have made a mistake. I ran around the game world with a fortify personality effect of 27k while looking for master trainers. What problem did this cause?

Is this like some sort of quiz to see how well people here know morrowind and its quirks?

The game crashed because everyone was following you in hopes of being your friend?

Wait so is Project Tamriel actually playable? How much of it is complete? Are there big empty areas devoid of content and broken quests?

Both Project Cyrodiil and Skyrim HotN only have a small amount completed. I've only checked out Stirk (what was released of PC) but from what I've played the small island they've created is pretty packed with shit to explore. The city is pretty well made and relatively large, and I've found 2 good-sized dungeons so far with some interesting loot. Skyrim is probably the same way, there may be even more completed in that project.

I was talking more about the Morrowind part.
Actually, wait. I was thinking of Morrowind Rebirth.

Actually I have no fucking clue.
The one that actually adds mainland Morrowind.

If you're talking about Tamriel Rebuilt, there's a fair amount of content for it released but it's still far from being finished.

There is a bug that when you use a fortify personality effect it cause the disposition of anyone who has seen you to fall by 50% of the magnitude once it wears off. So almost everyone in morrowind had their disposition lowered by 13.5k. I'll just have to maintain a personality of 27k now.

I was going to say something similar actually. That's pretty neat.

If you mean Caius Cosades, it's not him, although he's the only other trainer worth a mention. The real one is hanging around a tower in Dagon Fel. Good fucking luck trying to find the enchant master trainer by the way!

It's something about the effect being capped from 0-100, but ranging internally much higher and using the capped value when reducing or something weird? This is the game where blind makes it easier to hit things.

I already found him, he was the only one I remembered after looking it up all those years ago. It's really neat looking up all the secret stuff in morrowind when you get bored.
Yah that's where I found him. He was pretty much right there. It's not surprising that the medium armor, and armorer masters were either not working, or not present in the game. I also had some suspicions about the security master trainer, and sure enough he was locked behind a guild wall.

I remember some Skywind guy going to OpenMW, telling them they should put out doctored/staged screenshots for attention.

OpenMW team took 0.42 off of roadmap. It's coming out very soon.

I don't think this guy understands what OpenMW actually is, then. It's not about making new models, it's about implementing an open source version of the Morrowind engine. Am I missing something, or is he just retarded?

This guy has a bright future in AAA video games.

In Daggerfall which Temple and Knight Order should a mage join if he's in Fighters and Mages guild already? Or just not join them?

en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Factions
Just look up what skills each faction trains and join one that will benefit you the most.

The thread in question was this same guy asking if OpenMW people would help out with Skywind. "Promise what goes around comes around, and OpenMW is going to get some exciting resources to work with in the future."

Here, just browse the thread for yourself: forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1978

Of course OpenMW never got any "exciting resources". Which wasn't all that surprising, because a few months before that, OpenMW developers talked about if Skywind assets could possibly become Libre.

Rivanna of the Skywind team shat their pants, thinking that OpenMW was totes gonna steal it, you guys, and publicly kicked up a fuss on the OpenMW YouTube channel. Pic related.

Skywind is not the sharing kind of project.

From everything I've seen, the Skywind people are mostly incompetent and immature. Not surprising that their project has resulted mostly in a lot of meshes and models, but little actual work, while OpenMW, being a programmer-heavy endeavor, seems to be more professional and reliable.

You mean a bunch of idea guys are not as reliable as coders, and people who do actual work? Who would have thought?

The shocking thing is that not more people go: "So how much more concept art are you going to put out before we actually get to play something?" and subsequently drop it like hot shit.

What especially frustrates me is that Skywind gets all that attention, while it's pretty obvious (at least to me) that OpenMW is much more likely to be the future of Morrowind. It sends the workforce in the wrong direction, you know?

Skywind is just a drain on what remains of the Morrowind community, man.

Nobody gives a fuck about the future of morrowind
They only care about graphics
Normalfags are hated for a reason user

Yea a majority of the popularity of skywind is probably faggots who think they are getting another game like skyrim.

Considering it's a mod for skyrim, that's exactly what they're getting
They're getting a skyrim remake of morrowind's story and world

I guess I should have worded it differently, its that there is probably not a whole lot of overlap between people wanting skywind and the people wanting morrowind.

Do any mods work with OpenMW? I've been wanting to give it a shot, if it's more stable than my morrowind I will probably enjoy it more.

One thing I remember I wish I would have known when I first started playing.
Weapon damage you do is not randomly picked from weapon dmg range. Its how long you hold atk button down before releasing.

As long as the mod isn't dependent on something like Morrowind Script Extender, it should be fine.

Good news, and bad news. The good news is OpenMW is compatible with a large number of mods, but apparently not with anything having to do with MGE, or MSE. However the windows version has a bug that causes the cursor to either be invisible, or off-set making the game frustrating to play. After checking on the forums the issue has not only not been fixed, but it looks like the developers don't even care. None of the solutions on the forums worked for me either.