Drakengard

I've played both Niers but I seem to be missing a bunch of references to pic relatead. I am about to emulate the first one and I already own the third one although it's still collecting dust on my shelf. Will those be enough to get the whole story or do I have to play 2 as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

firedrop.com/773810374443e5ef
firedrop.com/5dc198a2bda1f62d
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1 alone is enough to understand Nier games.

Only need to play 1, but you have to replay it a few times to get to the final worst ending which is what ties into Nier. Also some bonus alternative chapters which showcases thinks like murdering children, it's great in terrible kind of way.

Just read the omnibus someone made about the story. Drakenguard and its sequels are god awful from a gameplay stand point.

After getting all, but the last ending, I recommend getting a save file from the net, because the requirement for getting the last ending is to have ALL weapons in the game, you don't need to level them up, just to have ALL of them(I think there were about 50 or so). It's not worth it, just get a save file, to get the final ending.

Pretentious garbage from a japanese hack who had ro rely on Platinum's trademark gameplay for his garbage to not suck entirely

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

Also, you forgot to sage

Can I bother you for a link? I'll give 1 a chance in gameplay and see how annoying it is.

its soul-breaking.

but then again, so is the story of the game. the gameplay and music just sets you in the mood for despair and absolute hopelessness.

How was anything that I said edgy? I own the fuckong game and it's garbage mate.

i really like the soundtrack

Here you go bro. You need both parts.

Drakengard UNDUB (PS2)
firedrop.com/773810374443e5ef
firedrop.com/5dc198a2bda1f62d

2 splits off from 1 in a separate timeline from Nier, so you don't need to know anything about 2. Honestly, I think you should play through it instead of reading a plot synopsis. It's really something you have to experience in full. Except maybe fulfilling the requirements for the last ending. You should, at that point, either look up a guide or download a save file.

I really don't like it when people space what they write like that. It's like they're trying to be something someone else references and sound "epic". Really pretentious.

This actually makes it sound like a good game. I'm going to play it now, because of you.

Reddit spacing.

I haven't gone to reddit since 2009 and my long posts always look like that.

I seem to have issues setting up proper widescreen support. The UI's all fucked up.

Maybe you should've ended up there, instead of here.

kill yourself

Outside of 2 all the Drakengard/Nier games have ahd an amazing soundtrack

And I can understand why people give 2 such a hard time but its not completely awful as people make it out to be. Sure it might not be worth peoples time but there are things to be enjoyed.

Is it odd that I didn't find Darkengard's gameplay Boring at all. I completely under stand the criticism, but I never had a problem with it.
I guess i'v just always enjoyed the idea of single handedly killing thousands of enemies.

Oh boy, can't wait to play this game about gassing jews. In reality, they might be guiding civilization towards its suicide with no resistance, but at least I can escape to a world where the goyim fight back!

The air missions in DOD1 are genuinely enjoyable. The rest I personally find unobtrusive, it can be a grind but I find it very calming strangely enough. It's helped along by the overall atmosphere and the music really does it for me.

I honestly thought the air missions in Drakengard 1 were the worst. Hard to control and boring.

Well, got to chapter 3, although there are a few missions in chapters 1 and 2 that the game seem to have skipped. I assume those are for additional endings?

Don't mind the gameplay that much so far. Although I am rushing past most enemies, so I might just need some sort of invincibility cheat near the end, as I am really in it for the story.

I always looked forward to them, the gameplay felt more involved than the stuff on the ground.

hope you like rings kid

I want to ask yoko taro is panzer dragoon was influential to him at all

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this.

why

dont

you

eat

a

dick

faggot

It's one thing to break up long posts into spaced paragraphs to make them easier to read. It's a whole 'nother thing to space out every single line like you're trying to cheese out an essay assignment with a minimum length requirement. The former says you're aware of good formatting practices. The latter says that you aren't and that you format like a faggot. If every single line needs to have a space above and below it for it to be readable to you, you really need to get your eyes checked.

The lack of self-awareness is just killing me.

doing

this

all

the

time

oy vey, the goyim found out
I must tell my fellow JIDF operatives to shut it down before knowledge spreads
oy gevalt

Why is the sound track in these games so damn good all the time?

i dunno if you can call the d1 soundtrack good. "effective" might be a better term

Small problem

People like that dont give a fuck about their families either.

So yes, its pretentious garbage

It had some pretty damn good moments.

If they're showing up in the chapter select screen then you can scroll over them and it should tell you what you need to do to unlock them. I think there's only one point in the game where you can "miss" something and change the route and it's not until like chapter 7 or 8 so odds are whatever you missed is stuff that opens up with the other endings.

As for invincibility cheats, there's some weapons that are just way way better than others and I think one of them actually does have an invulnerability spell on it so if you go straight for those they make everything go a lot faster.

I do.

At least in the case of the original Drakengard, it's because it's a collection of classical music snippets cut from famous (and more importantly royalty free) symphonies stitched together, tuned up, down, distorted, stuttered, and intermixed & overlaid with other such snippets in a low-budget high-effort attempt to portray the blood, guts & misery of the grinding low fantasy murderfest, as well as the near total distortion in chapter 12 with a final boss track consisting of discomforting bells tolling the death of everything. I'm not sure anyone else has taken the same approach or done it so effectively, it's rather unique. Following that, I assume it's because the musical crew put their heads together with a similar effort and modestly more funding to make original tracks with the same know-how.

That's almost more impressive than making the music themselves.

Nier is barely related to these, just watch the Watchers, speak the Watchers, draw the Watchers, write the Watchers, sculpt the Watchers, sing the Watchers, call the Watchers' name.

Isn't the US version censored? Any way I can play the uncensored version without speaking moon, since I heard that the censorship is pretty bad?

It wasn't to my knowledge.
It also emulates pretty well I hear, no idea if there's any fan translations or anything.

All you're really missing is more overt statements of Leonard is a gay pedophile and Furiae wants to bone Caim. Both are still alluded to pretty heavily in the English version, especially the second one, but I guess it's possible to miss the first since it got toned down more significantly. If you go into the game knowing both those two things, which you probably already did since they get brought up constantly in these threads, it's not really a huge deal.

Furiae has a dick too?

No, at least not at the beginning. Jury's out at the end, she could have three or four dicks then for all I know.

She has at least one
Which she uses to penetrate Inuart

Alright, thanks.

nice reddit spacing

mark btfo

I just thought it was a bad game. Different yeah, but still bad.

If you have any knowledge about classical music and sampling you'll be mind blown. The nip that made that soundtrack sampled and used those samples in a way I never heard anywhere.

Also this my favorite track, maybe.

The thing that most people here don't realize is the fact that most people get tricked by the post input box here on the site (happens to me too). What appears to be several paragraphs worth of text in the default-width input box, ends up being 2-3 lines in the actual full-page-width post.

The "le reddit spacing" meme ends up being correct from time to time but I believe that there are a ton more posts that get dismissed due to the input-box-width fuckup.

Pic related.

I usually like Seere's themes, but chapter Eleven takes the cake for me simply because it sounds like snowy trench warfare.

Shit sucks.

What's the word?

Why would you break your writing up with paragraphs based on how it looks instead of on content? You know, like you were hopefully taught in grade school.

Thunderbird