Star Wars/May The Fourth

Let us celebrate a dead series by having a Star Wars thread.
What Star Wars games have you been playing lately.

Fucking kill yourself you corporatist cocksucker. You really think a toy franchise is worth a holiday? When most people barely celebrate their culture and utterly neglect their gens? You disgust me.

Yes. Where do you think you are?
>>>Holla Forums

Fuck off OP, try this shit on leddit.

I was always curious about mandalorian helmets. They always looked like they were stolen from Crusader games.

(checked)
Don't take it to heart and happy mouse raping your childhood dead series day.

Mostly Empire at War and Republic Commando. Fun times.

Isnt boba fett from the 80s though?

Before that iirc

No, I haven't really been able to look at Star Wars anything since 2015.

The helmet design dates back to Boba Fett. Who debuted in 1978 in the Star Wars holiday special. Crusader No Remorse released in 1995, about 17 years later

KotoR is overrated shit

This.
I heard a ton of people saying Rogue One was a return to form for the series after the shitfest that was The Force Awakens, but it was just as bad, only in different ways. I've long since accepted that Star Wars died when Disney bought it. This is the point where a thousand people cry about the prequel trilogy, but as bad as they were, the prequel trilogy still felt like Star Wars and didn't shit on the lore of the series anywhere near as bad as TFA.

Empire at War - imperial Campaign, Empire at War - imperial Campaign and Empire at War - imperial Campaign

Oh thats right. Pretty cool.

mfw im one of the weirdos who loves the prequels Just fuck my shit up?

After TFA, I've grown infinitely fonder of the prequels. The only things I still really hate about them at this point is Jar Jar and how Lucas fucked up by killing Padme when Leia says she remembers her biological mother in that scene on Endor (Luke was very specific in asking about her birth mother, not Bail Organa's wife). Leia shouldn't have remembered a damn thing about Padme because she died right after the kids were born.

And people wonder why cancer like "may le 4th be with you! XD" garbage should be purged on sight.

literally the worst star wars game

:^)

As bad as the prequels were, they at least did something of their own.
TFA couldn't even be bothered to do that.

The memes, though.

Don't worry about it anons EA has the video game Rights for Star Wars for only
5 more years
Those first 5 just flew by. I'm sure someone will be able to make a good new Star Wars game after that.

Anyone has a link for kotor2?

wewlad

What will happen after that? Does it go back to Lucas or something?

No need to mention it.
We all can see the resolution.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/4chan/
>>>/reddit/

Getting really fucking sick of this love for the prequels from contraian faggots. Also the prequels raped the lore way worse then TFA.

You were never a star wars fan.

You're thinking about Star Trek.

No matter how you look, saber fencing in prequels was top notch.

Literally the only thing star trek did is eliminated money from the future sci-fi, because they didn't need shekels with all those replicators and shit. Ferengi were fucking jews. Also you missed entire episode where Picard in the next generation eliminates space gulag, completely ignoring the prime directive. Star Trek is more like space conservatives.

This thread would be better with more Ahsoka-posting.

We will never get KotOR 3, Jedi Knight 3 or the real Battlefront 3.

Star Wars is great for video games, there has undoubtedly been more good Star wars games then bad. If some devs are given some freedom with the universe then the games are usually worth playing.

thank god

"not true marxism"?
The TNG episode The Neutral Zone shows how boring is Roddenberry's vision of the future.
DS9 was redpilled until Ira Steven Behr got triggered by the popularity of Dukat but the rest of the franchise is not "conservative". It's all about space hippies, spreading tolerance, love and soon AIDS with the new show STD.
Dont get me wrong, I like ST and SW but both are in the wrong hands these days.

All of these projects were in some state of development at some point. Kotor 3 even had concept art made for it.

To be honest I don't really think if any of these games actually came out they would be any good. Like Jedi Knight games were always loosely scripted in terms of how the levels worked and while there were cinematics, gameplay and the gunplay/sword fighting was always the focus. I doubt that would be a thing in a new game, they would probably make it uber scripted and cinematic. They'd likely have to do something open world on the scale of the Witcher 3 for it to be "okay"

you will
it will be worse than ME:A tier

A lot of people hate the saber duels in the prequels because they're style over substance. The duels in the original had less flash, but more heart. Some guy did a video about it that makes a lot of good points, like how Vader starts the duel on Bespin holding his saber with only one hand, but as he lets his emotions get the better of him, he starts using two hands and eventually gets carried away enough to cut his own son's hand off.

True, but so far there is no creative freedom under EA and Disney. Do you think that EA won't try to keep the rights?

Is there any point having Star Wars vidya threads now? All that was good is lost to time, never to see the light of day again. Like tears in the rain.

fag

There's also a lot of little details like how Luke doesn't actually win a saber duel til Jedi

One aspect of the original trilogy not a lot of people pick up on is Luke's quest to be a jedi isn't accomplished til the very end of the story. He isn't a jedi just because he wears some robes and can kill dudes with a lightsaber. Like even asks Yoda at the start of Jedi if he is a jedi knight yet and he says he isn't. It's only when he realizes he's becoming his father and exercises mercy and turns off his lightsaber that he finally becomes one. And he tells the emperor that.

The original trilogy is full of subtle storytelling like that, especially visual. Like how effortlessly Vader rebounds all of Luke's attacks in Empire and how Luke only gets a single hit off on him during the entire fight. Or how in Jedi when they fight again Luke is so angry that he just wails on him as hard as he can. A lot of this is lost on the prequel trilogy where having highly choreographed ballets was more important than telling a story through a sword fight.

It's not up to EA. It's Disney's decision. EA just has a contract with Disney, and it's just revolving around exclusivity. As it stands EA hasn't really done much with the license and most of their projects have amounted to failure. It's up to Disney if they really want to renew the contract for exclusivity or not.

There's still really good SW games that have been released. Plus a lot of fan projects. Like there's active development in a source port for Jedi Academy.

…Republic Commando 2 never ever

imperial commando was going to be a thing

so post her

It was cancelled alongside a bunch of other really promising SW projects during the mid-late 2000s. Like the Darth Maul Arkham Asylum clone was also cancelled. It was likely not going to happen due to how Republic Commando sold worse than people expected.

When does Republic Commando get good? I've tried playing it and so far it just feels like an average squad-based shooter that doesn't properly convey tension.

As far as I'm aware, they don't actually OWN the rights for anything star wars, they just signed a contract with whoever owned the actual rights at the time to be the sole developer of star wars games. Basically meaning that nobody else besides EA could make official star wars games and anyone else that tried would get sued into non-existence.

Yes their contract is just for exclusivity. It was also only for 10 years iirc. Companies sign these agreements all the time for exclusivity on various licensed properties. Like Activision had one in the early 2000s for Star Trek games. It's so they don't have to compete with other studios releasing games in the same universe. EA didn't want another company making a Star Wars FPS releasing at around the same time as Battlefront 2014

if you're bored by the first few levels, it doesn't get any better. The game isn't that long.

Yeah, the exclusivity deal was fucking shit and I'm still upset that it happened. The only notable (if there even was anything else, I can't think of any off the top of my head) game to come out during the deal so far has been battlefront and that was a pile of garbage. All it did was prevent any star wars games from actually coming out, I know obsidian constantly mentioned they wanted to make a proper KotOR 3 but dropped that hope when the deal was signed.

But we did user, its called Star Wars: The Old Republic

(quads confirm)

>Don't worry about it anons EA (((Disney))) gets to decide who has the video game rights for Star Wars and what they do with it for all eternity
Is this suppose to make me feel better?

You know what would have been really cool? A game like Red Steel 2 for the Wii with full Motion+ controls. But instead of cowboy-samurai it would have been a game like the Jedi Knight series with blaster, lightsaber and the force. Fuck, I love that game so much! The Wii could have been such an awesome console, but every developer was all like "muh graphics power"

Absolutely this. Lightsabers in the prequels are basically just glowsticks you use swing at your opponent's glowstick until the music stops and then the one who isn't a main character loses his head. In the OT lightsabers were swords made out of pure energy, one small mistake and it would cut straight through you. On top of that, your opponent was someone who could block a bullet with that thing, so just pulling out one means a life-or-death duel has been initiated. You can't swing it around like a rabid monkey or you'll get yourself killed before the opponent even gets a chance to strike at you.

Tell that to Luke "Louisville Slugger" Skywalker.

I'M SOLO

Have you ever watched Attack of the Clones? It is literally a shot for shot remake of ESB.

Best theme coming through

Well that's a fair point, but Disney has let good games exist in the past. If they were smart, which OK they might not be, but if they were they would try and just let Star Wars games go back to how they were getting made before EA got the license.

Disney needs to do only one thing to make the quality of Star wars come back. Reinstate lucasarts and have them run the show again.

He's fucking right though. The prequels were shit, yeah, but at least they weren't mass-market soulless rehashes of the originals created solely to suck money out of nostalgic millennial adult-children.

The writing and plotlines from the prequels sucked ass, but it wasn't afraid to expand the universe with new factions, characters and locations. At the very least it gave us more content to use in the expanded universe, which has always been the best part of Star Wars.

What the fuck did TFA and Rogue One give us? For TFA, we got the not-Rebellion fighting the not-Nazis on their not-Death Star that gets used to blow up not-Coruscant. For Rogue One we got all the pieces of what could have been an amazing shades-of-grey Star Wars war movie, but instead we got a huge, meandering pile of shit that didn't understand what it was trying to be. Neither of them have added any value to the IP from a fan standpoint - it's only served to generate cashflow for Disney's Jewish masters.

This. The most starwars movie in the last 10 years was Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Also someone post that cap about all the games that we lost thanks to EA and Disney when Lucasarts closed. I want to feel the rage again.

Age old question: would you rather be raped or murdered?

It doesn't. It's like Shadows of the Empire from the 90's. People got really attached to these two games back in the day but they're not going to have the same impact if you're playing them for the first time.

Lucasarts was a shit company sorry.

Everyone talks about Lucasarts like the company from the 90s was the one that was liquidated. Which it wasn't. Lucasarts was majorly restructured around the 2000s to just license games. After Grim Fandango was such a huge commercial failure the company was restructured into just producing Star Wars games (aside from the odd licensed game here and there like Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb)

After 2005 Lucasarts hadn't produced a good Star Wars game. They instead elected to do shit like kill Galaxies, make The Force Unleashed and a sequel to it. Make TOR and a bunch of other retarded decisions. Killing the cancer that was Lucasarts was a smart decision.

Not to mention it directly lead to a lot of good things happening. Like we never would've gotten Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy's source codes had lucasarts not fizzled out. (Apparently Raven wanted to release them but Lucasarts was very apathetic about it. As soon as the company went down the shitter Raven released them.)

Disney has actually tried breaking into producing video games for a while. There must've been like 5 different distinctive companies related to it that were completely dissolved. Iirc Tron 2.0 was made by one that was dissolved straight afterwards.

Well Disney Interactive Studios recently published Tron Run/r, which sure it's not the most impressive game, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Thrawn's revenge newest version is going to be released in a few months, I think, so there's that.

Force unleashed was a good game. FU2 was an unnecessary game which was tedious because it butchered the first story and pretty much was pure gameplay, albeit improved from the first.

It was a generic and mediocre game, it's only liked upon retrospect because of it's presentation/graphics and how edgy it was. The gameplay was bad and the main character was a brick and the love story was forced and made zero sense.

The second was only made because of how much money the first made. You can tell that the first game was not intended to have a sequel because of how in the good ending the main character dies and the Rebel Alliance uses his symbol as their logo

The first one was actually fun but the PC port is fucking terrible.

A lot of people mock the very first one we see, when Obi-wan dies, since it's two guys standing there and occasionally hitting each others' light sticks and it looks a bit awkward.
But it was a better duel than every single one in the prequels, because there was far more to it that two guys hitting each others' light sticks.

A New Hope is a great example of a film that was saved in editing

The way Star Wars was shot and the way it reads in the script makes it look like that's all it should be. Especially if you look at wide shots of the fight that were unused. George's original edit of the film was also amateur and the film had to be forcibly recut by the studio. Which was a great decision since it saved the movie.

da hec iz dat?

dude
STAR WARS
lmao

Fuck no. I still have PTSD from The Force Awakens and how shit it was.

Battlefront II got a 96 MB update today. What could this mean?

I was going to buy a bunch of KotOR 2 copies and give them out but Steam won't let me do it. Thanks, Gabe!

This seems to happen a lot.