Your Favorite Gameboy Games

ITT we discuss our favorite Gameboy games (this includes the Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance). Whether you play them on an emulator or on a flashcart, what are your favorite titles? Which games did you enjoy in the past if you're not playing them now?

My favorites-

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Crystal_Version
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP what are you doing? The first LoG game is absolute dog shit.

Pokémon Red/Yellow
Pokémon Crystal (with the 'Emu Edition' romhack)
Pokémon Trading Card Game
DBZ Legendary Super Warriors
DB Advanced Adventure
DBZ Legacy of Goku 2
DBZ Buu's Fury
Yu-Gi-Oh Ultimate Masters 2006
Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Academy GX
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising

Nigga that game was bomb as fuck! I loved that game when it had first came out. Props for mentioning the Yu-Gi-Oh games, Sacred Cards was my favorite.

Pokemon Gold was better to be honest. Pokemon Gold/Silver are objectively best games of the series.

nigger detected

super mario land 2 is my favorite game boy game

My top 5 favorites for each system;

Gameboy;
The King of Fighters 95
Heiankyo Alien
NBA Jam
Cave Noire
Metroid 2

Gameboy Color:
Metal Gear Solid
Shantae
Pokemon Crystal
Mario Golf
Wario Land 2

Gameboy Advance;
Wario Land 4
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Metal Slug Advance
The King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood
Riviera: Serene is the best girl

Crystal is a direct improvement over G/S, implementing and fixing a lot of shit.

Super Mario Land 2 is an excellent choice, but I have to say that my favorite is Super Wario Land II.

But Crystal fixes all off Gold's problems.
I prefer the GBC games and even I know that is objectively wrong. The only thing GSC has on the better games in series is the that it has the best OST

Gonna have to disagree lad, the focus on the beasts was worse than a straight Ho-Oh/Lugia focus and no Octillery make it straight up badder.

Best Gens go 2 > all others in any order > 4

Tetris.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Crystal_Version

Look at all the changes and improvements over G/S and then come back.

etc.

Just as Emerald is blatantly better than Ruby/Sapphire and Platinum is blatantly better than Pearl/Diamond, so is Crystal obviously the best gen 2 game.

Make way.

I'm so black, when I get out of my car the oil light turns on.

Don't try to reason with him, he used "badder" in an argument. He clearly has some sort of brain damage or has an underdeveloped mind.

there is a HG/SS romhack that changes the female character back to crystal's

I'm so black, when I get out of my stolen car the oil light turns on. And the police proceed to chase me on foot.

So yes, Gold/Silver are decisively better
Gold doesn't beat you over the head with Suicune every 5 seconds

I don't have a smuggie that accurately describes just how retarded you are

I loved link's awakening

In G/S, Pokémon sprites are static.
In Crystal, they actually move around.

Neither does Crystal.

Does the little Ecruteak miniplot bother you so much that you ignore 99% of the improvements because of it? Pokémon was never about the story, and all of this won't matter in the end-game, where Crystal is again decidedly superior and the best choice when it comes to long term playing.

No they're not arguable you retard. They are simply better and superior updates.

False. See images attached.

Gold and Silver had some retarded sprite stances. Crystal takes the best ones of each game, as well as color correcting some mistakes in G/S.

Crystal is the ultimate 2nd gen game, your blind nostalgia goggles won't change that. I grew up with Silver and I can acknowledge that Crystal is the best one.

The "third" version is always the best one.

The only arguable one is Yellow, which is heavily centered around the anime and some changes truly are "controversial" in that game (getting a Machamp through in-game trade is pretty cool though).

But all the third games after gen 1 are obvious improvements over the duo releases.

I don't understand your autistic inability to admit to yourself that Crystal is the superior of the three games. I played Gold first too, user.

The case in every gen bar 2nd.
I am sorry your crippling autism doesn't allow you to see that. Given that you've flipped on your "improvements" as soon as they're gone after, you dont sound too confident lad.

Perhaps because it is not

If I hand you one Pizza and then hands you another and tell you the second comes with a free turd, are you going to tell me the 2nd is superior because it's got more content?

I know it has aged poorly, but I loved it. Has one of the best battle themes on the GB/GBC.

Ok now you're clearly baiting.

2/10

Yeah that's the thing though, it is.

Faggots, all of you.

I said Metal Gear Solid

I only searched for "Ghost Babel"

Regardless your taste is exquisite.

Donkey Kong Land 1 was also great

That's understandable, I just use the US name since it's the one that I own.

tfw we could have had a remake on the 3DS since the original devs had 3DS experience making Resident Evil: Revelations but Kojima/Konami decided to make a shitty MGS3 port instead.

I haven't seen autism this thick in a while, at the very least since that one time someone actually tried to say gold/silver was better than crystal.

Yeah, I'm aware about doing that. At least I'm not as autistic as that user that claimed that Gold/Silver was better than Crystal.

Also:

No one will ever be as autistic as him, he's like a cloud of spergyness over the land.

PSP Riviera is better

Which solidified Snorlax as mandatory on all GSC teams as the only curse user who could surpass that
The sprite animations sucked ass anyway
As opposed to exactly that with as different layout
Good
Amazing that you would claim ubiquitous boltbeam coverage was a good thing. It was cancer for the meta.
And yet every starter looks superior in Silver. Blue feraligatr < Green Feraligatr

Oh, user, that doesn't mean it's worse just because it's worse for your "competitions".

So you're just gonna sperg now ey?

You're the one sperging about how Gold/Silver are better than Crystal, not me.

My AUTISTANON is really energetic! It's a handful…

GB/GBC
LoZ:LA
Metroid 2
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Trading Card game
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
Pokemon Emerald
GBA
Metroid Fusion

Here is a true hidden gem that no one talk about.
Adventures of Star Saver

Yeah, all those Japanese 8 year olds were really invested in the "metagame."

The main game mechanic is exploring the world. The battle system in Pokemon is garbage to begin with.

Actually, the meta in gen 2 was the most stable out of any generation.

People whine that it's too "stall-y" and focused on Skarmbliss high health/defense, but that shit has been debunked. look at the Smogon article regarding gen 2 meta game. There are perfectly viable ways to build an offensive team.

So not only is gen 2 the most comfy and best Pokémon game in a casual playthrough, it also has a good metagame for tourney fags.