PS4 games recommendations

Hello Holla Forums

What are the best games you can recommend for the PS4? Anything worthwile and fun out there I should get?

You could at least try you know?

Try what?

Im serious. I want to buy a friend a birthday present but I dont own a plebstation.

Extra emphasis on the Gravity Rush games, but Gravity Rush Remastered is a bit difficult to get a hold of now. Yakuza 0 is also an absolute must-have.

I have some bad news user.

Persona 5, Yakuza Zero, Bloodborne, Nioh, Digimon: Cyber Sleuth, Gravity Rush 2, Odin Sphere, King of Fighters XIV, Miku… and that's about it.

everything else is also on PC, but those are a good number of games and if your friend is a normalfag then there's much more to be experienced like Nier Automata and EDF 4.1

Well do we know if his friend is a normalfag? that's the difference since a ton of games on PS4 are also on PC.

since you don't seem to be a (1) or a troll I'll give you a bump user

Is your friend a normalfag? Does he have a PC? If so there's very little that's actually exclusive to the thing, hardly worth it if he already has a decent rig, hardly worth it if he doesn't either really.

Hes into Dark Sider, God of War and recently finished Dantes Inferno. Mafia 2 was also among his favorites but hes a casual alright.

Hes got a really good gaming pc but is also getting a PS4. I know its retarded but its his Money.

I would show him this list

and then ask him if it's worth it.

Uncharted 4 also comes with every PS4 known to man, also you should get him Persona 5. Despite being babbys first JRPG, it's really really good.

Yes I know it's not Nocturne or Strange Journey, but it's still a fun game. Much better than Persona 4 .

It's fun user, you like fun things. r-right user-kun?

true enough, a good handful of PS4 titles are also Vita titles too though. How do we know his friend doesn't have one of those already?

I'm just listing PS4 games in general that I have and had fun with on the system

I forgot about EDF 4.1 though

good shit.

then he should just nab the exclusive games really, if that's the case. Can he into Weebshit, user?

So given that, i'll change my list up:

> Dragon Quest Builders also on Vita
> Grand Kingdom also on Vita
> Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Also on Vita
> Senran Kagura Estival Versus mega weeb-shit

Nah. Fun is for retards.

Thanks Ill check these out. I think asking him personally would ruin the surprise.

also look at

yeah but still, you don't want to waste his money, right?

You mean waste his time right? Its a present so its my money.

you said it was his money

You don't need to lie about wanting a PS4, just think about what games you want and if it's something you want to buy.

Estival Versus is on PC user and It's also not that good compared to the 3DS games

What I meant was actually its his Money that he spent on a killer rig and again on a ps4. I think its retarded since the console will always be objectively worse.

Im just buying him a game for the console since he probably wont touch his pc for a while anyway.

So it's just 1 game?

Shit user what is your friend into? this is easy as shit if you can only get one for him

OP just be honest with us, and yourself. There's nothing wrong with wanting a PissPoorFour. I have one AND a PSVita. Granted, my rig isn't really that amazing. It can run some stuff pretty decently, but not a lot of new stuff.

Even then, it's not like you were asking about Xbone games or something. Now THAT we would bully you hardcore over.

aw fug i forgot i still haven't played the DS games. I have Deep Crimson, but I need to play Burst first. But before either one of those I gotta beat EV still.

whatever you say user

Ah, well just get him Ni-Oh.

I mean if you want a bunch of girls and outfits and moments to jack off to choose from EV has you covered, but gameplay wise DC is the best, Burst is unplayable because of the frame issues comparatively

seconding this

I could buy more but assuming a game costs 60 or more Ill buy one. If the games cost 20 its abother matter entirely.

Well lets see I know he did play and enjoy these games on pc and consoles but I dont know which ones he actually finished

His latest addition was Infinite Undiscovery but I dont know if he actually liked that and COD Ghost

Get him Nioh maybe then? It seems like he likes hack and slashes

user I assure the last console I ever owned was a hacked PS3 and there is nonway Im touching another overpriced piece of hardware. I have a great PC and a good Laptop. Exklusives dont really matter to me and eventually some will be released on pcs anyway.

assuming you dont own a gaming pc or have to stick to a toaster

That's what i've heard. I want to get Burst still for muh story though or is the story for Burst just what's covered in the anime?

Whatever you say user

t. an user who owns one

tastes differ but things to avoid

Wasteland 2 in particular. The others are bad because they lack more experiences of merit than bad experiences overall, but Wasteland 2 is a fucking mess. It can crash on startup, is riddled with save corruption bugs and rather than waste a whole post listing all its problems just avoid it. It isn't a case of a game being bad, its a case of a port being so bad there are more stable alpha builds of early access kickstarter games. It is a functional mess with a higher crash rate than the rest of the ps4's library put together.

And?

that's all I got. I'm happy with my PissPoorFour.

Have you considered you have poor taste/ are wrong?

I bought a PS4 for the new KoF when it came out.

I bought Bloodborne after that and enjoyed it more than literally any other FROMsoft game I've ever played.

Only other notable game is Horizon: Zero Dawn which is a good Open World game. It's not anything new or exciting or special, but it is a very solid entry into the genre and if you haven't played many open world games recently it's a pretty good choice.

Anything else I can think of is better on PC.

Nioh's good and has a lot of value for the money, but I wouldn't get it just yet since the first expansion's just come out and two more are on the way. If he liked Mafia maybe he'd enjoy Yakuza?

You did ask for a citation.

This gen is even worse than I though

I won't deny that I have some shit taste in areas though.

why would you buy this, let alone play it.

Because it's fun.

I'm not part of whatever weird social movement you kids are into these days that strictly dictates what video games you can play based on what conspiracy theorists on the internet say.

are you even part of le hivemind?

Haven't seen this one in a while.

Figures that it'd show up in a ps4 thread.

We went from slight cancer to full blown one in one post.
Good job

low tier b8 always catches a few bites.

Yes.

There was a borderline civil thread about a current-gen console for about 30-35 posts, that's encouraging

srw v is probably the most notable exclusive to come out this year
there's also a star ocean game that's supposedly decent. anons seemed to enjoy let it die but idk if it held up as a full game or if that was just te novelty period.

more importantly, xbone is dead in the water and the switch is basically a handheld so ps4 looks to be the defacto console for this generation simply by virtue of not self destructing.

i'm gonna pick up the bloodborne machine when tekken 7 drops and hope that sony learned something from that class action lawsuit they didn't and doesn't fuck me again

I like how you think that's a good thing.

Any chance dreams is gonna be fun ? If it ever fucking comes out
I just want to fuck around in a full 3D little big planet.

Star Ocean 5 is fucking garbage
Do not recommend Star Ocean 5 ever again
For what purpose?

This. Current gen consoles deserve to be laughed at and heckled, no exceptions.

I prefer people who talk about video games to people who spam reaction images, greentext and nigger emoticons, yeah.

I bet you'd love ribbit and neofag.

the only good PS4 game is Bloodborne.

Try getting off the internet

fighting game communities on pc are fucking anemic and there's a higher variability in connection quality. as previously mentioned it's the defacto console at this point so any console fightan without a nintendo character is gonna be on it. also vf5 is sort of gonna be on there by virtue of yakuza 6 & it'd nice to be able to play people again. believe me i hate sony, the fuckery they pulled with the ps3 made me rage quit vidya for like 5 years.

oh that's a shame.

The King of Fighters XIV is the best fighting game released this gen. I'd still wait until May 9th, because they might announce a PC version finally

b-but muh baiken tho…

(checked)
?

Is that thr arcade release?

What the fuck are they doing?

????

PC version is June 1

Xrd is good, but KoFXIV handled updates and everything better.

Arcade release isn't until the summer, SNK just has a big conference coming up

Ah, nice
Hopefully something about Metal Slug pops up.

It's probably gonna be focused on their mobile games and PC ports since it's for china, so don't get your hopes up.
We'll probably get either a new metal slug or a new Samurai Shodown announcement at TGS based on their hints/interviews

Nice, thanks for the info user

Anons are lying to you OP

KEK

Reminder that everyone who
is probably a goon/cuckchan refugee

And everyone who is desperate to justify their purchase like it's their religion needs to stop.

Fucking kill yourself and try to remember that NeoFags suck Sonys cock the most.

portstation 4 keeps fucking up my shitty chart by getting its games ported to gayben's steaming pile of shit.

I don't know, it's not the same damn it. That and remembering how terrible the series got when they were doing 3d shit.

ArcSys is pretty much one of the last bastions of non-indie "HD" fighting game sprites, and even then Blazblue was designed around 720p sprites, and I'm pretty sure P4U and UNIEL are 720p as well. Even then, Central Fiction is supposedly the last entry in the Blazblue franchise, and we may or may not get a Persona 5 Arena, although we're getting [st] for UNIEL soon.

It's a damn shame that KOF11-13's rotoscoped sprites were way too expensive and time-consuming, leading to 11 having one of the fewest numbers of characters around and them having to slowly add them in revisions, and they ended up fucking themselves over financially because of it.

God damn, I fucking love hd sprites in vidya. I hate how indie fucks killed it.

i guess you could say

HE'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING

I'm gonna list the games I've liked on PS4

HD sprites were fucking cancer that almost killed the series. Sure it looks nice but the cost of them made the roster pathetically small, everyone's movesets got butchered because they had to cut corners and majority of the cast was head swaps.

KoF XIV plays better (taking pages from 98, 02 and Garou), has a full roster with no moveset gimps. The 3D is also the reason why XIV has been getting free content out the ass. I rather have a game that plays better and has more content but looks average than a game that plays worse, has less content and looks amazing.

I'm not denouncing the company for it, they have to keep the lights on so I understand. I'm just lamenting about a dead art.
What we need is a fighting game that goes full MK1-3 and uses real people as sprites. I want to see a fucking AAA fighting game with that art direction.

If you'r ok with digital, Gravity Rush remastered is on sale right now.

They can try, but the best has already been made

You are a good person.

Indie fucks don't do HD sprites in general (exceptions exist,) and mostly ape 8bit or 16bit graphics while having almost no style or soul to them. If I had to pick anything in particular that killed sprites and spritework it's the rising average age of sprite artists from when it was the only game in town, the obvious cost of it being similar to traditional animation, and the exponential detail increases required to go from something like 360p to 720 to 1080, and the world still looking down the barrel of 2k, 4k, 8k etc and them being worried about how their game is going to look in a few years, which is fairly important for fighting games that rely on iterative release models to sustain interest and playerbase while growing the cast and game mechanics.

It's why I expect the reason for GG going from sprites to cel-shaded 3D, because you can just scale the game up and improve the shaders for higher resolutions rather than worrying about pixels the size of hams.

jajajajaja

how so? just from watching footage, the neutral seems much slower and spammy projectiles look stronger than i care for.
never realized joe and hwa were headswaps.

Where the fuck do I get this game

From Chinese malware sites.

For what purpose? If you want weeb games just buy a Vita, it's cheaper and has more games.

I really cannot recommend this game enough. They marketed it as a remake but it's really more of a sequel (not that you need to play the original to get it). Made me feel like I was playing video games in the '90s again. Fun collectathon with more platforming than stuff like Banjo used to have, and absolutely great visuals and music. The level of customization is also a lot of fun, and the controls make it maybe the only game that uses the Dualshock 4 properly (though it's not as good at this as the Vita game was at using the Vita). Plus, you can customize things, including your character with actual photographs, meaning you can play the entire game with your body made out of pictures of naked lady body parts. I can't think of too many other games where you can play as an explicitly nude qt origami loli.

It's a remake, largely the same levels from the original, but a bunch of the best levels from later in the game are removed, and the new levels are more boring hallway shooter levels. That said, it keeps the EXP and control improvements from the sequels, with a lot of stuff hidden around for fans of the series. Not as good as the best entries, but worth playing.

People talk shit about this sometimes, and I don't get why. It's not as good as InFamous 2, but it's leaps and bounds above the first. If you liked the first at all, this does a much better job. What's there is a lot of fun, but it's pretty short.

People on this board already fellate this game, but rightly so. I have nothing more to add, but it's an all around great game with actually fun gameplay, and not many games actually have fun gameplay anymore.

Ratchet & Clank and Tearaway are really new games. Especially Tearaway. It's so much longer than the original, any elements it does carry over (not even the story) are insignificant. Ratchet & Clank uses a lot of old levels but changes a lot of shit too. It's not like Uncharted or The Last of Us where it's literally the same game but with DLC or some shit.

The waiting game until the ps4 actually has games

Do PS4 retail games have online checking DRM?

Some do, yes.

For example? If true then PS4 CFW can't come soon enough.

Destiny and Need for Speed besides all the digital software.
Reminder that Yakuza 5 neer got a retail release in the West.

Thats also besides the fact that the PS4 is on itself DRM machine which locks down your hardware and software to a default.

Well Destiny and the PS4 Need For Speed are both online games so that's understandable. So I take it the singleplayer games don't require online verification? Digital games could be played offline without restrictions on the PS3 but has this changed on the PS4?

Thats like sayimg Dark Souls is a fucking online game that needs always online DRM.

No different from Steam

CFW won't necessarily fix that unless crackers get their teeth into specific games like they already do for PC. BCR2 on PS3 for example can't be used via PSNDL.

I straight up ignore any game requiring online to be played. Dark Souls is at least a solid game when played solo, but there'd better be work on private servers becase it'll be mournful when the official ones die out.

Skip Burst unless you have an N3DS with CFW. It's a choppy mess without the better CPU to the point of motion sickness.

Nothing beats the original.

It already has, Bamco closed the servers in 2014 or 2015.
People use third party software now and organize events and stuff.

Not exactly since DaS has actual singleplayer while Destiny/NFS are designed as online games without singleplayer.
Stop trying to consolewar you fag, I just want facts on the Piss4.

Surely you jest

But they are? You can solo in Destiny not sure about NFS 2015 but that doesn't make it any less designed for coop. What's the point you're trying to make?

Why Samurai Warriors 4-II when you can have Samurai Warriors Empires and conquer Japan?

Oh really? PS3 still has the online, although it's a bit quiet. Glad the PC version is covered for the future at least. I know Demon's Souls is offline.

Maybe he's incredulous about that sort of game being MP-focused.

DeS (EU) hosted by Bamco instead of Atlus was still online last I checked but yeah the (NA) version was turned off.

Does the built in web browser support flash? point him to newgrounds if so.

Is that 7db1b8 user okay?

It was a site wide bug that fucked IDs.

EDF
EDF
EDF

Oh. I did consider that it was a glitch, but there are some pretty autistic people here yes me included

What about Nier automata?

m