So what are some good RPG's on consoles? Doesn't matter what gen

So what are some good RPG's on consoles? Doesn't matter what gen.

Other urls found in this thread:

at2.metalbat.com/?p=664
at2.metalbat.com/?page_id=2
youtube.com/watch?v=rRYroMwq_Fg,
youtube.com/watch?v=m_kRDJmwDW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lunar for the 32x. The playstation one is okay but expect meme tier localization.

why is Holla Forums so slow?
shameless selfbump.

What are some good JRPGs from the PS2 era back that aren't FF, DQ/DW, or Xeno.

There is no way you even came close to falling off the damn catalog in less than hour. You're a faggot and you deserve to be bullied.

Where are you Aspect Raidou ?
I've never played the Devil Summoner series, is it worth it ?

try it out. I like it.

The second Raidou game is objectively superior to the first one but both are worth playing so play the first one before even touching the second one.
Soul Hackers is not that great and the first Devil Summoner is never ever in english.

i hope you are joking user

fuuuck Radiata Stories
criminally underrated

i play with the patch.

Skyrim

Weeb shitting up another thread

Was the Ar Tonelico II fan translation ever finished?

Great game. Steambot Chronicles is the other unfathomably comfy, underrated, PS2 JRPG.

As of late last year, it's had a v1.0 release.
at2.metalbat.com/?p=664

Vagrant Story
Breath of Fire 3
Etrian Odyssey 3
Suikoden 2
Star Ocean Second Story
Final Fantasy Tactics

what's wrong with it?

Wild Arms 1, 2, and 3.

It got fucked bad the translators and localizers. Translators fucked up in the usual way, and the localizers failed entirely at their job by breaking parts of the game. A fan patch that been many years in the making was finished last year and is linked a few posts above.

NISA shat the bed hard with it on multiple fronts, prompting an entire fan effort to do the game proper justice here. From Project Metafalica's "About" page:
at2.metalbat.com/?page_id=2

On the SNES.

Been wanting to play Lunar for a while. What's the best version if I'm playing in jap?

infamous for its pricing and low amount of distribution and for being one of the "greatest all time RPGs" up there with chrono trigger, FF7 and many of those other highly acclaimed classics. It's a very good game with a totally unique combat system that manages to combine incredible cinematic attacks with grandiose scenes and a tremendous story and a unique soundtrack rife with tribal beats and sweeping orchestras.

The only real problem I have with it, is it's a pretty easy and surprisingly short game. The combat is still extremely fun and stands out entirely on its own. It's a brilliant implementation of positional combat which has you learning enemy behaviors, how they react to different attacks, where to position yourself for perfect attacks and how to eventually best earn the excellent ranking in combat, pushing you towards achieving excellence and providing a satisfying reward for a triumphant play and strategy.

The visuals too are something to behold. It was the game with the biggest budget on the system and it stands up to this day with a striking styles, numerous effects only the saturn was capable of like infinite planes, combined with the gorgeous moebius inspired art style.

its impressive how much that last webm fucked up

whatever, just used the clip from the embed, timestamp is 3:50 if you wanna see it and hear it correctly. I don't even know how it got out of sync like that.

I'm always here, user.

oh, and the best part of all is emulation absolutely fucking butchers the sound. It makes full use of the saturn's absurd sound hardware and emulators are way too far behind so you'll be dropping notes constantly and it's a damn shame because of how absolutely remarkable the soundtrack is.

Saturn versions of Silver Star and ENternal Blue complete.

Ignore the rest.

I beat Saga playing in SSF a year ago and it sounded fine to me.

Any comparisons between original hardware and emulators?

what's the devil summoner gameplay comparable to? i'm a persona-babby who wants to expand his SMT horizons and the Raidou stuff looks cool as fuck

Right. Why is saturn version better than ps1 though?

this is emulation:
youtube.com/watch?v=rRYroMwq_Fg, sound is improperly paced, missing instruments, and clips.

this is original hardware:
youtube.com/watch?v=m_kRDJmwDW8

these are ok

Audio reportedly sounds better and has better FMV playback thanks to the Saturn's MPEG cart.

Are you sure those aren't mixed up user? First one looks like a recording and the second one looks like emulation, but maybe it's me.

Possibly the best console RPG ever

You best be joking.

It's an ARPG. Battle is realtime, you run around and hit people. Getting hit is entirely on you, so it's considered one of the easiest SMTs simply because you can brute force the difficulty curve with pure gitgud.

Both games have NG+ hard modes, which drastically increase the difficulty (and IMO make the games much better).

sounds cool, the ps2 versions seem reasonably priced so maybe i'll grab em

They used to be pretty expensive, especially the first Raidou game (at like $100 preowned). Atlus thankfully isn't averse to doing reprints, at least of games they themselves develop and publish, so as of a few years back, they're finally reprinted every PS2 SMT and Persona game (base P3 aside).

Play the original Sega CD versions. Everything else loses the charm of the originals and has a far inferior soundtrack.

What about gameplay? What's the hardest (or at least not babby-mode) version?

i just got both of them for 49bux, and on amazon prime so they'll come in fast

Some years back they'd have cost you a good $160 or so total, at least you wanted them complete. Of course, the reprint of the second game doesn't include a Raihou plush at this point.

That's something I like about PDS, it's all meat and no filler. It doesn't make you grind for hours.

It's a fucking RPG, you walk around maps and fight through menu commands. There is no advanced "gameplay" in any of these games.

Also the hardest is Lunar Eternal Blue for Sega CD, Lunar Silver Star is easy in any version and the other versions of Eternal Blue are baby mode. The Sega CD Eternal Blue is the only remotely challenging game in the series and it's not even that challenging.

I second this

The original Phantasy Star series is pretty badass (even though some design choices have not aged well at all).

bummer but i just want the game so it's not a huge loss

Phantasy Star 1 for Master System is one of the greatest games ever made, and still, to this day, is more fun than anything out there.

The individual games are better on the PS1/Saturn, but the Sega CD versions form a more cohesive duology.

one is showing improper integer scaling in the render, the other is a native signal scaled linearly.

Grandia 2 does not belong with those others.

What retarded emulator have you been using?

Visual Novel, not an RPG

saturn sound emulation hasn't improved on any saturn emulator.

You could not possibly have made it more obvious that you've never played it.

Jesus fucking lord how did this happen

Terranigma

Codemonkey playing with board code.

i had a lot of fun with gusts games on the ps2. im not a big rpg fan and its usually easy to lose interest in them. it hurts me to say it but theyre not outstanding, but what they had in spades were charm and good music. that kept me interested.

any jrpgs with furries on it?
preferably male.

Not vidya but you should watch furry guts x totally not chaika if you don't already.

what am i gonna do with you

The only things she shares with Chaika are hair color, eye color, and a sheltered upbringing. Zero shows more personality traits in the first few minutes of her introduction than Chaika did in two seasons of the show.

If you like Gust's works, it might be worth your interest that AT2 has a full fan retranslation now (as well as various other improvements like bugfixes and full JP voice track), playable with PCSX2 or IDE/Loader combo.

Holla Forums sure sucks at finding good games

Here's your (you)