So do we finally have good VR games coming?

so do we finally have good VR games coming?

Its shit minigame that has zero features of 2002's bridge commander. There's nothing to discuss.

Pick one, friendo.

Nothing coming out of this stupid fad can be good.

Basically this. Buy a VR headset then play Bridge Commander. You are good to go. Also its themed like new star trek shit. Not near as cool looking as old ST stuff.

which features in particular?
aside from slightly less combat-related stuff, everything else looks fairly similar

space marxist filth should be banned on sight

I wonder if there's ever going to be a practical solution for moving (not teleporting) in first person VR. I've only tried a VR headset once (Vive) and all that was available was basically some tech demo stuff. Does it invoke the same kind of dizziness if you play like a driving or a space flight game?

Don't they have analog sticks on those little wand things?

What I was referring to was the feeling of vertigo that at least I got when the ingame camera was moving while I was standing still.

Glad i am addicted to top down rpgs and diablo clones and never will be into this shit.

But Pulsar Lost Colony already has VR support.

Locomotion is fucking amazing and I have no idea how it's not being implemented in every VR game. (((Wonder why.)))

Fuck this green screen bullshit, I want a game where I rearrange my living room to command a capital ship.

This argument is retarded and it baffles me. Do you get motion sick when you drive a car and look around the road? You are sitting still while in the drivers seat but your body still moves, right?

There is literally nothing wrong with just using the headset as a free look display and use the keyboard&mouse or a controller to interact with the game just like people have for years. What's the fucking point of imprecise motion controls that are obviously inferior and will be inferior for years to come until we develop outright direct neural machine interface?

What would a good VR game be? To be honest the only kind of game I could envision this platform absolutely rocking would be humongous Kaiju fighters where you don't necessarily move very fast and have time to adjust to the monster/robot vision and while each of your actions aren't very fast, they all pack a mighty punch.

I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about.

How bad is control sticks or key function combined with VR?

You mean "experiences?"

VR SUPPORT FOR MECHWARRIOR FRANCHISE FUCKING WHEN

VR is fucking pointless and anyone who says otherwise obviously isn't looking for what it means in the long run.
Anyone who wasted their money on anything virtual reality related should just give up on every experiencing anything of value outside of one or two playable titles before this fad goes out of style.
Give it up, VR isn't happening this time and will fall through like every other time faggots attempted to push this shitty idea through to gullible fuckfaces on imageboards.

What does it mean in the long run?

I am shocked and could not have predicted this.

Cockpit-based games
Sandbox simulators
Anything that doesn't involve lots of personal movement

You know, the exact same shit everyone's been bringing up in every one of these threads for the past year

Less stationary games are okay too, the biggest present limitation is the resolution and the resulting low detail levels of the image. For example, you can play ETS2 decently, because you usually don't need to make split second decisions based on spotting cars quickly, but an arcade-y racing game like NFS plays like shit, because you just can't make out cars in the distance well enough. I haven't tried any FPS, but I'm sure they'd have the same problem.

You might lose something in an FPS game, but those motion controller dongles combined with the spacial awareness from the actual first person view seems to add a lot to make up for the loss
For all I know it might be dogshit, but normalfags seem pretty impressed with stuff like the half life 2 mod and that space pirate arcade shooter

/thread