NIHON FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread, "YOU WA SALTY" edition

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales.

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store + the first two Trails in the Sky games on sale

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer

- Tons of new features announced for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4/PC) (check Gematsu) (I wish we had other sites reporting Falcom news this much as well)

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japan release in Fall 2017, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita and Agate confirmed

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)

- We need to improve the Ys and Trails guide, by the way

- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, release "soon"! ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )

- Trails to Zero could be released this year after the 3rd. Trails to Azure also being translated (both for PSP and PC)

- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Zwei II, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Be wary of Ys 8, as much as it pains me to say. The amazon description of the game is lazy as fuck and Dogi is now the "WallcrAsher", they even said that after Ys I, they abandoned the bump system. It all sounds like pure PR and "fake passion" for the series, or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/04/ys-viii-ps4-details-dana-style-change-extra-skills-night-exploration-gallery-mode
youtube.com/watch?v=M2hGbkH2Ta0
youtu.be/YJn7B8hXw5w?t=44
steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://puu.sh/vEqho/0029edc09b.txt
mediafire.com/?a7w53uzvfdiuzr3
twitter.com/HDKirin/status/859399936311345152
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't fucking wait fam.

You'd be right to think that. NISA would have localized the games long ago. They only snatched them up because Falcom is slowly and surely becoming more and more popular.

The more I think about it the more
Ouroboros seem to be a cadre of meme ancaps. Sell weapons of mass destruction to private individuals? Check. Child prostitutes/soldiers? Check. Fierce protection of their brand? Check. They've even got a lase-faire style of membership, where you just come along if you feel like it.

The one good thing to come out of this is that it seems XSEED's efforts won't be divided for a while, so CS3 will probably be out fairly quickly (by Trails standards) after its Japanese release, with a PC release clearly in play. After that, we'll see what happens with Ys. I could see Falcom not immediately moving to another Trails or Ys title after completing CS3 (granted there are tons of Ys 5 remake hints in Dana), so it might revert to XSEED.

Good, then I give no fucks

May Aidios be with the GOG users to fend off any game breaking bugs or unexplained crashes.

It's worth it to not deal with Steam. Besides, given XSEED's autism about patching things to perfection, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Link to Ys8's "tons" of features.
gematsu.com/2017/04/ys-viii-ps4-details-dana-style-change-extra-skills-night-exploration-gallery-mode

I like what they say about nighttime. From what I recall of Celceta nighttime didn't do jack shit.

Is japanese voice patch for trails 3rd available yet? I played first two with it and don't want english as it sucks (at least in first two).

Okay.

what do you mean? Battle shouts are in no way victory quotes.

Okay, Battle shouts and victory quotes. The point is you aren't listening to the English VA all through the game outside of battle so what does it matter?

I like the slightly wonky voice acting. It makes the game feel artificially aged to me, which fits.

Battles are big part of the game, and I find English shouts annoying (esp. Estelle and Oliver).

I wonder when Japan will stop making games for the Vita? Will PC then take all of the weeb games or will Nintendo gobble them up?

It looks like PC is going to be the future platform of Japan, so I wonder how that will work with the Switch and 2DSXL

Aren't smartphones the most used platform for games in Japan?

1 HOUR

Two minutes.

1 minute remain

And it's released.

Thats also true in the West
But unless Phones get mainstream physical inputs, it won't happen.

Still nothing in Yurop

Nothing here in the Holy Empire of America.

It's not released anywhere. I'm pretty sure most steam releases are at 7pm western europe time, which is in ~45 min

Japanese voices for 3rd where

While I'm waiting for the GOG build, I see Star Wars games are having a sale. Can anyone recommend some? I already have KotOR 1&2, Bounty Hunters, and Battlefront 2.

Looks like I and a couple other anons fucked up.

When I said "1 hour" I fucking meant "1 hour" for a reason.

Also trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=M2hGbkH2Ta0

I'm fine with the English voices, if only because of the rarity of Stephanie Sheh not using her fucking Orihime voice.

Dark Forces 1/2, Jedi Knight 1/2

Friendly cranky XSEED employee, there's pretty much nothing missable this time around, right?

that's what I want to know.

youtu.be/YJn7B8hXw5w?t=44

Oh no, it's the fucking creepy autist from the previous thread, go jack off to Angelica or something and leave us alone

PS4 seems to become the leading platform for weebshit.

PC wouldn't work for Japan. Besides the last thing I need is my weebshit to target the master race fags who can't even use a controller and who's last JPRG was FF7 when they were kids.

The Switch could also work if Nintendo is finally OK with degeneracy. Sadly the Switch is turning into typical Nintendroid hardware.

Is that girl drinking bottled cum?

He asked what the lead platform for weebshit will be. I answered. Sorry if it triggered you.

Heres your last reply, get the fuck out

It's released.

Now where's my voice patch?

Still no GoG.

Can confirm
Still no GOG
Steam version is up though

GOG is up now. We made it boyos! It's finally here.

The discount is missing though.

All of this is a stealthy anti-piracy measure.>>12478576

Have fun guys, thanks for the hard work!

Our money, your Zero/Ao localization plz.

Remember to filter 9359a0

Just click on the ▶ then Add filter

I hope I don't miss out on much for not having an import.

Dual audio is there and the translation is good and constantly being updated so I don't think you are.
If you want a physical version just Burn the GOG version to a DVD
Only thing you'll be missing will be Chinese manufactured plastic shit from the collectors edition.

Where the fuck can you find the JP voices

I meant save data.

Bad games general.

>>>/SomethingAwful/

Question to any with Japanese knowledge: every time we hear Azure in English, is that always Ao like the game title, or is it a different term? Mostly in regards to Ordine and Vita's title.

Damn. Kevin can really bring on the charm when he's not being a goof ball.

Someone posted it on the steam forums. steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://puu.sh/vEqho/0029edc09b.txt

file itself mediafire.com/?a7w53uzvfdiuzr3

Aaaand replacing the english files with this crashes the game after you select clear data.
Anyone knows what Sara means by pic related?

no idea, but maybe language selection is embedded to executable in some form, meaning you could change it with debugger or something and test with JP audio file.

It might get leaked how to replace them right after a bit? Since Xseed can't "legally" release dual-audio.

SC had a hidden menu option to switch voices if you placed the japanese voice files without replacing anything. Try keeping the filename instead of replacing the english files.

filename is identical to english one in that zip

nvm, same menu appears once you put JP voices.

Rename english voices to ED6_DT28_en and both will show correctly in Option menu. Maybe it works with any filename, didn't test.

Where do I put SC save files so that 3rd finds it upon starting new game? I have folder with saves but it's renamed and I forgot the path..

nvm, it was found AFTER setting difficulty.

is the 3rd as good as the first two? only thing i have heard that it's supposed to be quite different storywise.

Kevin's a regular James Bond, isn't he?

It's the best out of all the non Crossbell games.

I can't believe that Kloe was the grandmaster all along.

also the music is great :)

This worked, thanks.

What would I get from importing a save? I think SC crashed during the last cutscene and I said fuck it, or I closed it during the credits, so I don't have clear data.

Nevermind, my save file is from when the Liber Ark was crashing. I'll just skip through some cutscenes.

Finished the prologue, and not gonna lie that has to be the strongest prologue out of all 3 games.

holy shit Gilbert's "I'm sorry" attack is hilarious

some items depending on your bracer rank in SC. I don't remember what exactly.

Pretty sure it's this one:

Lunar Seal: STR +5, DEF -5, CP Recovery up

Is it supposed to ask me about save data from SC after the difficulty selection? Nothing's coming up.

Jesus Christ. Nevermind, I'm retarded.

"So you want to start off the 3rd but you lost your save? I'll be your MVP, and give you this save, all thanks to our wonderful last year's efforts of the Trails in the Sky SC Nightmare Community run.

This is a full BP save, played and completed on New Game Nightmare mode.

Where do I put it?

Steam: \Steam\userdata\\251150\remote\SC
GOG: Users\\Saved Games\FALCOM\ED_SORA2"

Yeah it reminds me a lot of the Oath in Felghana soundtrack.

does someone has a link and insturctions to install japanase voices in the first trails in the sky?

steam forum has link (or at least used to have)

i'll check user, ty

orbal gear…?

Noice

Is the anime webm from that TiTS remake?

What are my options if I want to get Ys VIII while avoiding the elephant's foot that is NISA?

-Import the PS4 version
-Buy the likely botched NISA localization like a good goy
-Pirate the game, fix the translation and buy other Falcom games associated with Xseed

It's from the Trails OVA.

Pirate it or wait 12 years for a retranslation/learn japanese.

Import the PS4 or Vita version or pirate the jap PC version and play the game using an android translation app and jap wikis, you'll be able to fully enjoy the gameplay with out being forced to eat memes and rewrites. I was able to platinum the vita version with zero knowledge of japanese.
Do not give NISA money no matter what. Do not give them money to rape more games.

What the FUCK

Second in my country. If that's not global sales.

hatsuu what the fuck

BUG REPORT: In the Jade Corridor, when you find the first of the smaller monuments, after activation, the monument's glow and the 3D background effects start blinking. Entering and exiting the area does not fix the blinking. I didn't alt-tab out of the game at any time, and I had freshly opened and loaded the game in that area.

So, the exact same thing as in SC, then?

That means your save data isn't in the right place.

Speaking of save data when are you supposed to get the SC bonuses? I got Estelle to A-rank in SC, but I'm in the Jade Corridor now and I still haven't got anything. And yes, it did ask me to load an SC save at the beginning.

The items are on the way to the waterfall on the small platform.

Ahhhh the sepith and solar and lunar seals I assume? I thought the game just gave you those…

Okay, I see now.

Yeah I think the Solar Seal is just from having SC data at all and the Lunar Seal is from having a perfect Bracer score. Pretty good loot, starting the game with upgraded Gladiator equips.

Hey, I've been asking for about four months in these threads if Third Chapter is out yet for PC.

Now I can ask and expect a different answer.

Is it out yet for PC?

Another bug report: if you alt tab while the intro sequence is loading and wait a minutes to go back and load your file, the intro (falcom logo and all) will play over gameplay. Don't think this actually effects anything mechanically, it's just overlaid over parts of the screen.

Is it bad that I'm annoyed that almost every girl Joshua's age falls head over heels for him?

but I'm not as annoyed when Rean is in a similar situation

You jelly brah

Hell yeah it is

Why do exotic dancers get me so hard?
I don't even have a midriff fetish

AWW YISSSS

This game really shares a lot of design principles and aesthetics with Ys Origin, which isn't really surprising, as it was released immediately afterwards.

It's probably because I like Kloe a lot

All those games are mediocre bland garbage. We've all seen the same on snes already, nothing new. You should be ashamed for playing them.

There was nothing even remotely similar to these games on the SNES.

Its because Rean is the player character "you", and Joshua isn't, so there's likely a sense of jealousy in play that "you" can't have those girls and they're fawning over another guy. Hell, there's also the fact that you're playing as a girl who likes Joshua, so of course you're sngry about all those other girls falling for "your" man. It's an interesting issue of perspectives.

Just bought trails 3rd.
Dis gonna be gud.

Is my game broken?
I know what the name is but for some reason this is what happens every time, i can't select the middle letter as this window is fucked up.

Use the mouse

You must use your mouse for selecting, not a gamepad. It's fucked up, but they haven't fixed this bug yet it seems.

Well, fuck me.

Weird. Played all of FC and SC with an xbox360 controller and don't recall issues like that.

Are there shiny poms in 3rd?

Speaking of shining poms, how do I kill them?

S-Craft.

Oh. S-Crafts ignore defense and always hit? Didn't know that.

Damn i love LoH backstory especially the political and religious stuff but the combat gameplay, on TitS especially, breaks my immersion on it. It's just really REALLY hard to take the "that is a legendary bracer! or a great military soldier! or a terrifying assassin!" speeches and build up seriously when a lil girl with a freaking cannon or a trainee bracer can turn legendary demonic beasts and professional soldiers/mercenaries with years of experience into dust easily, R at least has the "trained brainwashed child assassin" but the cute lil genius kid is just too much for me to "accept" and the first new member 3rd throw at me just had to be the one that irks me the most.

It happened several times in SC.

I tried playing trails in the sky and the game keep crashing sometime after Estelle says "I slept like a rock" at the beginning of the game.

Legendary demons and the army are standard fare. Its the individual humans you need to watch out for. And get used to fighting very powerful people and only "beating" them because they were holding back or someone's powerful comes to your aid. I think the only legit victories go to Zane against Walter and maybe the party against Angel Weissmann, but again those are heavy on the maybes. That's why people are hoping that by CS3 Rean will be able to take on Ouroboros.

I kinda like the moments when the more powerful NPC characters show up. It shows that they're not fucking useless like when most other media have powerful NPCs but they don't do anything while the world is ending.

But yeah, sometimes Trails takes it to the extreme.

Those moments when they show up to save your ass does give me fuzzy feelings though.

He mighe be a Divine Blade by then, so it will at least be more even. The biggest question foing into CS3 for me is: who is the new Awakener of Ordine? Is that why Rean has a Class VII? Is Class VII going to be the mecha piloting class?

I'm going to start a drinking game. Anytime a character says "haha" or "heehee", take a shot.

Don't pirate the game.

I took the game out of fullscreen mode and that fixed it. Thanks for the troubleshooting advice.

holy FUCK

Third Chapter, you could have warned me you're throwing me into 30+ unskippable optional cutscene BEFORE I have to sit through it. Jesus fucking Christ even MGS isn't this bloated in the first hour of the game.

XD

Most of the memory doors will drop that on you.

God DAMN, fucking Falcom Music Team nearly killed me with these beats.

Hell I'm all for exposition and optional long-winded content and will be enjoying every single one I can, but to begin with the game starts slow as molasses compared to 1 and 2 AND then you're thrown into this half hour cutscene on a completely random juncture on a level. I thought that was just bad design. The explanation first with a "Would you like to do this now" would have been far better.

I feel you.

Trails in the sky is a series that you DO NOT play in short bursts. Switch off your phone and don't answer the doorbell!

Hnnngh

I like Erika. She's Estelle if she were older and were more science focused.

Anyone who has played 3rd before in Jap?

How hard is the game, will I hate myself if I start on Hard like I did in SC when I got to *that* boss?

My dick

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Her hair was exceptionally long.

She's a fucking psycho. It's pretty great.

They even reference that in a later chest. It got a chuckle out of me.

What if that's just a typo? :^)

A weapon to surpass Pater-Mater: the Orbal Gear project.

!

Ys is secretly following the same plot as the Witcher. Adol disapears into the north pole to become Santa stop the cyclical ice ages that have fucked over Eurasia forever. This is clearly shown in Dana with the Etanians living in a domed city to keep out the ice age, and the fact that the Eldeen have multiple weather control devices. In short, Adol is a sexier Ciri.

Kevin had a hard life.

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

Orbal….gear!?

If only things were that simple, Kevin.

Brandish VT/4, Ys Origin, and Trails 3rd are the 3 big Falcom tower-progression games, though I don't believe the former has instant warps until maybe later on.

Orbal Codec scenes when

I really, REALLY liked Xanadu Next. Which of Falcom's games should I play?

Ys

All of them

already played ys, gurumin and trails. Liked the first two(Currently on Ys Celceta then I'm waiting on Dana. I'm kind of divided on CElceta to be honest.), didn't like Trails.

Nayuta no Kiseki.

Is it always the same bunch of anons posting on these threads?

Its true
I work at Xseed

I refunded. This doesn't have the same feeling FC and SC had. Also, recycling old characters and places is fucking lazy.

How the fuck can you decide that in under 2 hours? I thought the 3rd had the best start out of all 3 Sky games. Kevin and Ries give such a better first impression than Estelle and Joshua.

I try to shill Kiseki when I can but it's SILL incredibly niche. The average nu-gamer of today wouldn't last 5 minutes playing TitS so there's not a lot of new blood coming in.

I mean I just read Overwatch made 1 billion dollars. MOBA trash is what the people want.

gotta love that curse blade spam in gladiator stadium

GodDAMN this is the music for the final dungeon? Probably my favorite final dungeon theme yet.

Huh, that's rather surprising.

Who is the best Support character? I like using Josette because I feel like those boosts in sepith drops are huge.

I just got her. She looks amazing with that cut.

kys :^)

That boss who loves his heart being hard as steel or something like that?

You get a glimpse at young Schera too.

Muh everything.

Young Aina too, but it doesn't have the same effect.

Capua shooter minigame is just showing a black screen with the HUD. Anyone else having this problem?

She's even better for Remote than Ries in Chapter 3. Time Quartz is fucking expensive, I need all the sepith I can get.

Haven't seen anything for that bug on the Steam forums, so maybe post there to get Sara's attention.

It's that way in every single fucking game. Meanwhile, drown in fucking Earth, Water and Mirage.

I got around it by putting it in windowed mode and turning off the high res assets.

1st star door :
Anyone knows if you get anything if you beat Vander with Julia? Considering you still get the "bonus" item even if you lose I assume not? I'd try it myself but I'm not going through the unskippable cutscene every time I lose

You get the same stuff either way, the only difference is a bit of dialogue.

What if Rean's ogre power is a Stigma?

Fuck that fishing minigame up the ass.

I pull up a Blue Marlin that's something like 250 rege, putting me something like 400+ points ahead.

He pulls up the same fucking fish that's like 300 rege and beats me by a few points.

Steam downloaded 105MB update for third just now, any idea what's inside. I can't find patch notes.

Bugfixes, I guess.

How the fuck would you beat the Capua minigame on a console? I guess it was made easier on consoles, but how was it handled?

Ah, here I was using a controller like a pleb.

Fuck that door.

This boss is back

No love for the N-Gage port of Xanadu Next?

git gud

It seems like it's down to more luck than anything.

Good, because he keeps beasting me and I can't tell when he's going to S-Craft, then I run out of EP and the balms aren't worth shit. I'm not holding CTRL through that cutscenes a 3rd time.

Is it really viable to keep all characters the same level with all the mira I'm assuming you'd have to spend on equipment? Should I stick to a few characters?

The final dungeon requires you to use EVERY character. So, uh, you might want to keep every character at least a little trained. Also, sepith grinding is a good idea.

I usually try to keep everyone at the same level in RPGs instead of sticking to a team anyway. Good to know I'm supposed to. :^)

I've also heard that water is wet. Sadly, nothing will ever approach Fie+Scepter+Sept Vein+Dragon Vein + Gladiator Belt+Headband for grindan efficiency.

Thankfully the final dungeon is pretty easy to grind for experience and Sepith in.

Wait until you play poker against Gambler Jack. Shit is a bitch and a half

Gambler Jack is actually real?

Don't you just love when (smarter) characters who dislike each other are in a room, talking but not fighting or arguing?

I'm talking about Olivier, Osborne and Cassius

This poker game is so tedious. Why didn't you just chalk it up to the amount of games won rather than winning a certain amount of games in a row?

I like you game, but some of these minigames make my neck ache.

What an abstract feel. Joshua has always felt a lot like he could've easily been the Protagonist. I was shocked in the first game when Joshua was saying his name, the game faded to black, and I didn't input one for him.

Been done before, fam.

Isn't part of the greatness of Trails how it takes these cliches and tropes to reconstruct the genre and make it great again?

All the Kiseki books are based on real things in the universe. Carnelia is Selnate and Toval, Gambler Jack is real people, Back Alley Doctor is Remeferia stuff, Agnes in the Sun is the Hexen Clan (and even has a talking Cat). Red Moon's Rose is the only one we haven't seen come true yet, and let's face it it's just a matter of time.

Anyone else feels the drop rates are much lower than in the previous titles? The fucking Fortune quartz + Josette as support don't do shit to remedy that either.

How can Aidios be Estelle's mom if she isn't even real?
Atheists - 1
Theists - 0

No words needed.

One from Sara, too.

Even on "easy" that Capua turret sequence was exceeding difficult.

Poor Olivier.

I wonder how many times they bumped uglies.

How awkward. This banquet was comfy as shit.

LITERALLY a cuck.

I was joking about them being an article, but apparently that might be canon. Huh.

Goddamn, sure she looks beautiful

Well when I was a kid I argued that God might be an alien advanced intelligence at a school presentation. Do we know what Aidios is?

The leader of Ouroboros

Who is voiced by a woman

Kloe is one of those characters I just wanna scoop up and hug. Screw Tita, Kloe is the cutest.

It's easy as hell with the mouse.

I…I used the mouse…

You have to calculate where and when you shoot, because the bullet takes like a second or two to reach its target depending on the distance. Sometimes you will have to shoot where the missile will be in 1 sec, for example.

Next is just planning the order in which you shoot the missiles. The closer it is, the higher your priority.

Olivert is just a big tease, user. He'd say it to everyone.

So Balstar Channel is essentially an apology for how shitty that dungeon was in the last game.

So what do I do in the Monochrome School?

I've discovered that killing all the Dark Knights in an area changes things to colour, but I can't turn the outside of all the buildings to colour, even after finding and defeating all the Dark Knights. I can't access the old schoolhouse either.

Never mind, seemed like a bug. One of the dark knights near the entrance to the area was stuck outside according to the Falcon's Eye. Reloaded and fixed.

Do you get the Jinu even if you don't beat Richard?

Say it with me:
BEST GIRL
E
S
T

G
I
R
L

CUCKED
U
C
K
E
D

She's cute but to be honest she's my least favourite girl out of Sky. And she gets pushed further down the list the more girls that were introduced.

Erica, Ein and Reis are all solid. I can't wait to see how their inclusion in Reanbowl comes about.

I heavily, heavily doubt it. But it is funny to think about. Especially Ein.

Second worst girl. Only Kanone who acts like a bitch all the damn time is worse.

FUCK YOU!

Ein enjoys trolling Toval too much to enter the Reanbowl. Erica would be gar too concerned about Rean headpatting Tita to ever be interested in him and Reis is only in to food…and Kevin kind of.

C'mon user, the first step is to accept you have shit taste.

She's such a shit character they have her the best support ability because they knew no one would ever use her. Her crafts are ass, her stats are ass, her personality is ass. She is ass.

I can't get the "reused as a lava dungeon" theme out of my head.

IT'S TOO DAMN CATCHY

That's it, he's the best trashcan character ever made

Even as a child Joshua understands he will do irreparable damage to Estelle. He just doesn't understand it is to her hymen.

Your loss faggot

What sort of things can you get?

This fishing mini-game is the worst. How do you win?

Pray.

Can someone make a cheat engine table for this piece of shit? It's the most BS mini-game ever.

Neverrmind, figured it out myself

006EADF0 - Estelle's score
006EADF4 - Opponent's score

I have no problem with a fight that seems stacked against you, but this RNG crap isn't worth the trouble.

Josette's a good girl, she just seems mean because she's smug, short-tempered and constantly fights with Estelle out of jealousy but if you pay attention to her dialogue she's really a hopeless romantic who love to cook and take care of people and is also great for bullying.

Also her stampede, orbal bomb, and steal crafts are all great, her stats really are shit though.

I was alright with Erica at first but her excessive antagonism towards Agate kinda pissed me off.

Her antagonism towards Agate is played for laughs, and it's part of a running joke where ALL the characters aside from Agate and Tita see the relationship between the two as romantic, while Agate and Tita see it as sibling love.

I'll withhold judgement on that until after CS3 with 17 year old Tita…

Imagine some Red-haired fucking Chad taking your precious cutie pie 13 year old daughter and dragging her into dangerous situations with him. Then imagine him fucking a child into her. Imagine his semen coating her beautiful smile.

If that turns you on instead, replace the word daughter with the name of your waifu.

I know it makes sense from her perspective, but since I know Agate was actually the one who least wanted to bring Tita along on all those dangerous adventures and was actively protecting her and her grandfather much of the time it pissed me off anyway.

Though what really pissed me off the most about it was how she kept up on attacking him even after the Orbal Gear fiasco. Her husband was much more level-headed about the whole thing while also being suitably upset at first.

Honestly, Halle was harder than Jack because computer blackjack cheats more than computer poker. I beat Jack easily, especially with the ability to raise, though every time I rose Jack's dialogue changed to Japanese…

Anyone have a link for the PSP download for Zero no Kiseki? Gonna try and take the plunge with my current moonrune level.

I can't decide if [Return to the Capital] was better because I played Cold Steel first or not. Although it's kind of dramatically ironic knowing how much Osbourne fucking wins in the end. I wonder of Olivert has gone full JUST by CSIII.

Also I wonder if Lechter will ever tap that royal puss.

Anyone willing to upload the latest updated Steam versions of FC and SC? They had new updates recently so it would be nice to play these updated but I'm a poorfag that barely affords rent so don't give me moralfag high ground.

Then stop playing video games and get your fucking life together.

Check the share thread newfag

Pic related

It's like you don't want the next games to be released

What are you gonna do about it, nerd?

The arena boss has a stealable Attack 3 when you don't have access to it yet. Even then, her -30% DEF is great.

I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be taken seriously (pic related)

Cant see shit fam

…Is Agate in her vagina?

No offense anons, but the fishing minigame is extremely easy. You just need to experiment a bit and discover which baits should be used in order to obtain a fish that you can use to bait an even bigger fish. Some sort of "fishing combo".

Wait a sec, Erika is giant too! And most of Zeiss is destroyed. Where is Agate? Wherever it is, he doesn't look like he intended to be there. What's that gun? Why has this happened? Why is Tita only wearing one shoe? That shine means homicidal happiness; did Erika cause this as some crazy scheme to kill Agate and Professor Russel? Where's Dan? Is Tita crying because of all the people she killed or because her mother is trying to hurt Agate. Would what caused this be a space art or a mirage one?

user, I think it shoould be taken as an heretic fetish. Only scum would enjoy that kind of sick and twisted fantasy.

It's luck based too. Either bait has a chance of pulling up fish you can't use as bait.

Is this a Metal Slug reference?
Falcom confirmed for bros!

Where's Schera?

She got shrunked.

I'm seven hours in, and I'm starting to fear that the entire game will be in this Phantasma and teleporting around.

Is this true? I don't know how I feel about this, what I loved about the first two games was all the traveling and large areas, they felt connected and built the world. I'm not really getting that feeling here.

It's funny because the one thing i HATED about SC was the fact that 90% of the locations were recycled and it was basically just the first game with maybe two new dungeons.

Yes, you're stuck in Phantasma. You go to monster infested copies of real places (such as Grancel), but they're treated as dungeons that you teleport to and from. You have a hub/safe area, the Hermit's Garden.

The game is more character focused than plot focused as pretty much every single character gets extra development and scenes by going through memory doors. Though you can choose to ignore these and power through the main games, it's worth doing them to get items and quartz. And you'll be missing out on plot links that bridge the Sky series and the rest (Crossbell and Cold Steel). Like that delicious, delicious event where Olivier organizes his arrival to Erebonia aboard the Arseille.

The structure of the game turned me off at first but I find myself liking it mainly for a lot of the character moments, as well as the links between Sky, Steel and Crossbell. Although to be honest, it just really makes me want to play a "full" Trails game that I haven't played, mainly Crossbell and Cold Steel 3.

I think he's in her other shoe.

am I senile or are you graphics augumented?

That enemy threw a spell? at my group that turned them fat. No idea what effect it does.

Fat makes you slow and small makes you weak, both reduce move.

"oh, I can just use tita's smoke cannon and then chaos brand exploding fuckers so they attack the boss"

Adol looks so cute compared to the other children in falcom games.

Also I forgot to ask. I've played pretty much all of the Ys games sans Dawn of Ys, Ark of Nephatits, Lost Kefin and Lacrimosa(because I'm waiting on its western release). Should I play Dawn, Kefin or Nephatits too?

neither did i though

Why would you skip Napishtim? That's one of the best ones.

I completely forgot about it, and by the time I was halfway through celceta I remembered I left out the sixth game in the series.
As for Dawn I just couldn't play through another bump system game since I burned myself out with books 1&2, and then like an idiot played Chronicles right after it.

Napishtim is like eight hours long if you aren't a total scrub , you can probably knock it out this afternoon if you want.

Definitely give Dawn a shot. It's based off the PC Engine CD port of Ys I & II, but has the best boss fights in bump-system Ys, excellent music and pacing, a fun story (even if its canon is stupid and designed for fanservice), and good challenge level. Actually patching the CD files can be a pain, just make sure to read the patch instructions.

Ys V is a rushed, unfinished but harmless and fun ride. For all the stuff Falcom left out of it (judging by the novelization which is based off their pre-production materials), the game's still quick to beat, albeit due to enemies/bosses posing barely any threat and the ability to store and use healing items whenever. Magic sucks and the platforming's finicky, but there's some cool ideas and places to visit around mid-game before you reach a mostly dull ending chapter. It's a worse game than Celceta but I actually don't know which is more disappointing…still gonna say Ys V because the music's not even as well arranged as in Popful Mail SFC.

Napishtim's flawed vs. Oath/Origin, but has important backstory for the whole series, one of the definitive Ys soundtracks, and enough good combat and level design to make it worthwhile. Be careful when dealing with bosses (shitty hitboxes everywhere), assign dash-jumping to a mouse hotkey to make it even slightly reliable, and make sure you play on Catastrophe so you can warp anywhere once you get the wing item. I think Ys VI's got some of the best NPCs/villager interactions in an Ys game, too.

is Origin longer?

Yes and no. There is about the same amount of dungeon content, but there are three campaigns with three characters with widely different playstyles. Most of the bosses are shared, but there are a few that are unique to each route. The stories are entirely separate. Origin is tied with Dana for best Ys in my opinion, and both are tied with Nayuta for best Falcom game.

Man I guess I should play Nayuta already.

Man I guess I should play Naruto already.

Think Cold Steel III will follow suit?
I hope they keep the original intro style, it has a lot of charm imo.

They'll keep it the same.

I really want drawn portraits instead of the close-ups on the character models in CS3.

I'd say it's likely. The intros are likely an issue of budget rather than a purposeful aesthetic. They also become very kinetic over the games, so moving to full on anime would be an easy conclusion to make.

We're never going back to that, as sad as it is. It's more work. The only portraits we'll be seeing any more are in S-Crafts and the menus.

Yes I'm implying they'll devote enough budget to an anine OP. I look at CS3 as Falcom's Persona 5 or Avengers movie. They're throwing everything they've got into it, and it's going to cap off everything that's happened before it. It's going to be a gigantic epic masterpiece.

But Cold Steel 1 and 2 had an anime intro. Unless we have a different definition of anime.

If you look at the financial reports, they are pretty conservative when it comes to Sen 3. They expect strong sales but nothing "too damn good".

twitter.com/HDKirin/status/859399936311345152

>Kevin and Ries fall into Gahenna

Well played, XSeed.

The Heavy Blade is back.

We knew this last thread. Check the dates on those tweets, bros.

Also we gonna need a new thread once we hit page 13.

Next thread could be a copypaste of this one, nothing new happened and it's been just a few days after the release.

I'd do it but 8ch would think I'm spamming since the text is pretty much the same. Someone else is ought to.

I don't remember her saying this…

HOLY TRIGGERED

I saw the Tita silhouette but no one posted the picture of Agate.

It was in the same image

Don't forget the talk of how many terrorists and extremists Calvard has. :^)

That happened after I posted the previous message.

Welp, I guess the Calvard arc has potential to be pretty famous thanks to journalists…

Plot twist: It's not Agate, it's Rais from the Ravens who also uses a heavy blade now. He was already playable once.

Eternal Bumping King

I can't see the famous headband. Surely he wouldn't ditch it. If he did he might have given it to Tita. Right now we only have speculation and nothing concrete except it's a redhead who uses a fuckhuge sword that rivals Arseid in size. Of course it's Rais

if you're blind

Red headed templarsword user.

Also, how the fuck are you supposed to be the Godly Pom or whatever at the bottom of the abyss? Even my S-crafts are doing 0.

Both have red hair, and both have similar coloured eyes (Ries' are more blue, while Scarlet's are more green). Both wield templar swords. The biggest differences in appearances are Scarlet's missing one eye, and she's not wearing a nun outfit.

If Scarlet had both eyes and you put her in a nun outfit she'd probably be almost indistinguishable from Ries.

When I first saw art of Scarlet and then Ries, and found out that Steel takes place around two years after Sky, I initially thought that something happened to change Ries into Scarlet.

Though that wasn't the case, because their backstories differ immensely.

NEW THREAD