Fire Emblem Echoes will have a 45$ season pass

Fire Emblem Echoes just launched in japan and will have a 45$ dlc content. The future of Neotendo post Iwata is here.
archive.is/7HsG9

It's cool if it's nintendo.

God praise 3DS piracy. That's about as they had in Awakening and Fates and in both of those the DLC campaigns contained the conclusion of the actual storylines and true final bosses. I can only imagine what they'll tack on here. If it's something substantial like a full remake ala FE3 that'd be one thing, but it won't.

maybe theyll make it free once they realize no one is buying a waifuless game

I want to fuck Python

Fire Emblem needs to die. It hurts to watch them do shit like this and the last games to it.

I'm worried about Geneology of The Holy War echoes now.

God, and I completely forgot the fact that Fates is split between three goddamn separate games.

2nd Generation DLC and Save 1st Gen Paths 15.99 each.

Shitposting aside, I'm hearing mental alarm bells the more I hear about this similarly to when we were getting more and more info about the newest silent hill game before it all went bad.
Feels bad, man.

It does. It's amazing that Etrian Odyssey managed to pull itself out of the DLC spiral, I've never seen another franchise do it. Sadly, it likely killed it in the west.

You can thank EOfags for that. EOU2 bombed hard globally because none of the fans were gonna put up with that DLC shit.
If more fanbases fought that shit, it wouldn't be so rampant.

EO fans really are one of the best autistic fanbases to be a part of, second only to Falcom fans.

Are you trying to say about FE fans would buy anything?

I hate to bring up the saying "it's okay when nintendo does it." but it's become a meme saying for a very depressing reason.

Well the new fanbase sure has no problem buying a game 3 times.

They'll drop to second place if they support Ys VIII's localization instead of pirating it or importing the jap version

If only we could save the Xeno/Wild ARMS and Valkyrie Profile franchises I could but away my sword and retire.

It's a great fucking game.

isn't that a game with minimal story, why hasn't someone made a menu patch and got it over with? Even SoV has a menu patch.

I did using a translation app on my phone, I have the limited edition vita version. I'm just talking about the rest of the fanbase that will throw excuses like "We will never get another Ys game if we don't support it" or "I'm too lazy to pirate"

There's never been a need for one before, so nobody bothered. Hopefully, given that the 3DS is being pushed for another year or so and the New3DS (why the fuck can't Nintendo name anything properly), the series might get another installment. I actually do want EO3U, if they can do it properly.

wtf 45 dollars? dont whole games on portables only cast 40 in the first place?
t. shitposter who hasnt bought a game in years

Fire Emblem is one of the worst franchises for DLC nonsense at this point. The last game, Fates, was split into three paths, two of which are completely shit from a gameplay perspective and one which is actually fairly well done. All the versions of the story are incoherent. The first path is full price, and the others are fifteen bucks. On top of that, there are thirty or so DLC maps, each of which is like 1.99 minimum. These maps give you completely broken items, tons of XP, new classes and the conclusion of the game's plot, which you do not get even if you play all three of the "normal non-dlc" paths. In short, horribly Jewry.

10 DLC characters costs like 50 bucks or something? Base game was like 35

Ike is my husbando
I WANT TO PROTECT HIS SMILE

I can only say your taste is adequate.

Hector is 2nd best

It's true unfortunately. Nobody in their right mind should pay and support for online services on a console exclusive game but we have people on this board who do so anyway

Why do people still cares about Shit Emblem?

because husbandos and waifus

Also best version of Raging Waves yet.

Since Nintendo is doing I don't see any problem with it.

Don't steal my shitposts, fuckface!

Checked the base game on Amazon, it's $39.99, wew

FE has been swimming in DLC for a long time now. Awakening had a shit ton. A season pass for that game would have probably been about as much. Blame FE fans for eating this shit up.

At this point I'm just watching to see how much lower they can go.

Nintendo always has pretty good dlc, so that's worth it

Lmao, I can see them doing this shit.

That's the most banal of dlc, it's trash.
Good dlc is monster hunter's that gives you more actual game content (and is free).

It's okay since they get good goyim to buy the super plus turbo extra edition every year

That's just Nintendo in a nutshell. MonHon just came to a platform that embraces their Capcom heritage.

Only capcom does that user
Nintendo just does meaningless ports of zelda games that are either decades old or unreleased

They have been doing rehases before other companies existed.

That's not a rehash, that's a bundle. A rehash would all the various street fighters or Pokemons.

I wish I was baiting when I say that this was the summary of the DLC thread some faggot made for LoZ BOTW people saying that just because Nintendo held out the longest without paid online that it's okay not to be hard on them and accept all the bullshit that's going on when I wouldn't even accept it from the companies that have been doing it for years now, I mean this is why Sony thought it was fine to go paid online from PS3 to PS4 and I haven't touched a console since then but I'm sure some anons just can't stop jerking off to the fact that they waste all this money on their pretty new toys while trying to act smug at other people calling them poorfags. Although I'm sure they're the first ones to complain when EA or Activision fucks them in the ass.

You're not wrong. There's been a few Bayonetta threads where anons have been actively wanting a Bayonetta 3 release on the Switch exclusively and if you wanted otherwise you're just being a "spoiled consumer who lives in a fantasy world". The hypocrisy here can be fucking absurd as a result when you compare them to other AAA giants.

I'd be proud to call myself an EO fan if rampant pedophilia weren't the backbone of the whole damn character design.

That's a rehash of a rehash.

Normalfags need to get out

The fuck man? Why on earth would you think this is a good idea?

We care in the way you'd rather not see someone bludgeon a dog's corpse after it's died

Because the fucking tidal wave of normalfags brought in by Awakening will buy it in droves

Yeah but holy shit. They can at least TRY to not be cancer.

No need for it if the past has shown that "fans" will buy anything as long as Nintendo is written on it.
They know that people will buy it no matter what, so they don't have to pretend anymore, unlike EA and co.

It's okay because Nintendo's doing it.

I still never bought all the Awakening DLC and only didn't buy Fates because I didn't like how they split the games into two, even if I could get one cheaper (I'm still waiting for a price drop).

The reason Holla Forums spergs about DLC is because they tend to assume that it's something extra you need to pay for after purchasing the game, but DLC is not generally designed with the expectation that every consumer will fork over the money for all the DLC in one single payment at one time. The business logic here is you can either have 4 people purchase the game at 60 dollars and make 240 dollars. Or you can sell the game for 60 dollars to a wealthy fan of that IP who will then buy the 40 dollars worth of DLC as soon as he can, sell it for 60 dollars to the less wealthy fan who may eventually buy all the DLC in one payment but buy it piecemeal however his budget allows, and you can sell one to the less autistic fan who may only end up ever buying 20 dollars worth of DLC, and then you can sell one to the casual player who may or may not ever buy any DLC for the game at all. In the end, even in this situation where not everybody is buying the complete DLC package in one purchase, you make 340 off four potential. From a business standpoint, there's not much incentive for any developer/publisher to not have some DLC for their most popular games.

Basically, to try to more concisely summarize things: It is not the middle-class casuals who are supporting DLC, as this demographic is no longer really even buying video games that much anymore, let alone DLC packs. Rather it is the class of very wealthy gamers and obsessive fanboys/otaku for whom DLC is made because companies have found capitalizing more on these groups' greater amount of disposable income and free time is more secure and can make up for the loss of the casual market as well as any losses caused by piracy or boycotts by upset groups of gamers.

That's probably the future of video games for you: casuals playing almost nothing but mobile shit and a handful of console games, while varying degrees of elitism based on either wealth or pure fanboy devotion characterize the rest of more hardcore PC and console gamers. I really don't care too much, cause I'm not that poor

(((Fire Emblem)))

At least they got the name right.

Fire Emblem isn't even a good series.

What is Codename Steam and Metroid Prime: Federation Force?

I'm sure Echoes will be a very fun game and worth every dollar I'll pay for it, just like Awakening and Fates.

Just hope Switch gets proper piracy before they can jew everyone too hard.