Sequels that made you realize how good you had it

Sequels that made you realize how good you had it

Pic related.

Its amazing how heavy the same studio would drop the ball with DR4.

dead rising 2, everything about it was so fucking terrible.

Nigga if you're going to defend DR sequels, at least defend the one vaguely defensible sequel that is 2, since the major issue there was missing the tone of the first game.

Dead Rising 4 is Saints Row 3+, the humor in that game is for people who had Invader Zim backpacks in middle school.

FF13 made me really appreciate 12.

All of these games made me realize how good their predecessors were (and how much they didn't live up to them)
The list goes on, to long to remember them all.

It wasnt so bad except for how horribly slow movement speed was without skateboards, quickstep drinks, or without leveling up a lot.

With DR2 there were still some moments that hit hard like what would happen if you didnt give Katie any Zombrex at all. After Dead Rising 4 though it made me look at 3 in a completely different light and I hate it for that.

I do hope you mean in relation to Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne.

I liked SC4I had a lot of mods for it

Thief 3. I never realized how changing the whole feel of the game could make it unplayable.

Both are trash for different reasons.

Asscreed 2 >> Asscreed 1

Off the top of my head, nuDOOM.

(checked)
Came here just to check these.

Or Rick and Morty backpacks at college :^)

What game is that in the webm?
Also, Halo 5 made me appreciate 4. It was lacking, the story was just 3 recycled, but I had fun. 5 just sucked it away.

custom fucking maps

I actually like the handful of stealth levels in 4. Pity it goes off the rails so hard after the Decoy Octopus fight and becomes… Whatever the fuck genre mish-mash it was.

Battlefield 3.

These are wrong.

What's so bad about dark souls 3?

People hate the change from slow defensive style game play to a faster more offensive game play.

Maybe someone will make a DS3 mod for it to play like DS1?

It has inferior mechanics to Das 1. It has no poise. Poise meant that armour was worth something.

It was a game torn between wanting to be Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1. It failed at both. Also fucking up poise pissed off people.

(checked)
Dragon Age Origins was shit, can't imagine what horseshit 2 was.
Fallout 3 was fun and memorable
otherwise pretty spot on
Assassin's Creed 1 was the best story wise, it all went downhill from there, 2 improved upon somethings that eventually became what the future games relied on while they subversively injected their fantasies for reality into the games.

yeah the really memorable part was the [Lockpick: 100] wooden door haha

MGS4 was my first metal gear game.

I had no fucking clue what was going on but I loved it, and the games only got better as I played the rest.

Kill yourself

Both were shit though

Battlefield 3, which is ironically one of the games he listed.

But 5 was so bad it made him appreciate what he had.

i would actually argue that their issues are the same reasons, shitty level design. its just that in mgs4 you have levels that don't let you use all your tools because you get pigeonholed into various boring shit, and in mgsv you can't effectively use all your tools because half the game is a giant open field

I hate Halo 4's story a lot more then 5's. 5's is bad, but it's not offensively terrible, it's just a whole lot of nothing. 4 actually makes me cringe with it trying to push overly emotional bullshit.

I'm fine with them trying to give emotional depth to MC as a character, and I don't mind them mixing in the EU concepts, but they absolutely botched the execution.

Also, at least 5 has fucking fantastic MP in adddition to it's medicore campaign and bad plot, wheras 4 was bad plot, medicore campaign, and eh MP