Chet Faliszek leaves Valve

archive.is/KTfyp

So many of the old guard have either resigned or been fired in recent years. Seems like anyone who isn't on the Dota 2 train gets purged.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Uy7IR
richg42.blogspot.hu/2015/01/open-office-spaces-and-cabal-rooms-suck.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good for him, Valve is a piece of shit company

Valve is a giant digital store so why stay there

Pretty much this. What a surprise that the entire creative staff is leaving because they got nothing to do.

valve has no real project pipeline and has conformed to laziness as they have no need to produce to survive.

valve was a mistake.

Don't you quote me without my permission.

I don't get it

sorry

What was the last Valve's game? Not talking about f2p bs like lol 2.

portal 2 6 years ago

I don't play by your rules, punk.

Me neither, but some people do put self realization over getting paid. And from the company reviews that have been floating around Valve's employees seem to have picked up a shitty highschool clique mentality.

I hope this doesn't mean he is going to work for Tim Shitface.

Valve is pretty much nothing more than a service anymore. I mean, they do a good job at it considering their prime objective is to sell shit; but I agree, there's no reason for someone who specializes in VR to stay at a company that does nothing with VR

What has he "written" anyway?

mein kampf

He was a writer for Old Man Murray like 20 years ago.

I don't see what a writer would do at valve anyway, ever.

They could write Steam store entries

Don't devs/publishers write those?

Guys, this means hl3 is finished and he has done his job.

Half life 3 is finished. Finished in a mean that its over. No hl3 is going to be done.

Left for Dead had a writer?

I know user, I know

Good riddance
archive.is/Uy7IR

Hes leaving because he has finished writing and designing Half Life 3 for VR.
Its why Marc Laidlaw also left, I'm sure we'll see something this E3 since summer is also when CSGO will be ported to Source 2.

I'm optimistic

**who am I kidding, theres nothing, Valve isn't working on anything and Half Life 3 doesn't exist and not even thr fat kike wants to do it,
He even confirmed that he doesn't want to work on Half Life 3 because he thinks games like it are an outdated concept and he doesn't want to lead such a project anymore
Maybe Left 4 Dead 3 due to all the teasing and thats it.
Kill me

Ten years from now on people are still going to be pissy about Gamergate

>>>/cuckchan/

BUT YOU FUCKED IT UP ANYWAY

SJWs want to turn GamerGate into an eternal strawman, like Snowball in Animal Farm. They're too stupid to realize that such tricks only work for people in power- for everyone else, it makes them look delusional.

A fatal mistake.

Faggot was still butthurt over Gamergate in 2017 and is quite literally the butt of every joke at Valve for a reason.

Valve is sleeping in its laurels.
Why bother making Half life 3?

The guy most likely wasn't told to "do nothing". He probably had to write item descriptions for Dota or come up with mundane shit like that.

As well, he's done it for 12 years. He used to work on games that were world famous and now he works on mundane shit. The guy probably thinks he's better than that and could work on something he actually feels excited for.

I mean there's plenty of jobs where if you do something mundane and repetitive for 8 hours you eventually get so bored you feel close to suicidal. Like a lot of data entry is actually fairly easy repetitive work like just punching in random numbers into a spreadsheet. You can finish a lot of it fairly quickly but it's such a grind that you get enormously bored. And I'd honestly rather have a job that's hard than one that's boring.

I wonder if all the guys leaving Valve will make a new studio and make a half life successor and gain a lot of support and then ban jontron or some other celebrity because he was "racists" and then gain some animosity from their own fanbase and then just suddenly fade away like nothing ever happened?

I can see it now.

this guy's a writer so rest assured he'll end up at some shithole journo site by year's end.

Their last game came out 3 years ago.
Their last single player game came out 6 years ago.
It's no surprise that the talent is all leaving considering most of the company is content to just fuck around and milk DLC money.

Doesn't the "" system still work? I don't remember. [spoiler]Let's see. [spoilers]It's been long enough I don't remember if it was "spoiler" or "spoilers."[/spoilers]

Either way I recall the feature explicitly being added because of all the le cuckchan xD migrants coming in '14.

Oh, looks like it does still work, though I hadn't accounted for that first tag. Neat.

HL3 will literally NEVER happen.

It hurts. I sincerely doubt it's because they lost interest in it, seeing as there was that third-party developer with a Return to Ravenholm episode 4 or episode 5 listed in their queue for dev-time, more likely is that they just got lost in the fugue of microtransactions and realized they don't actually need to work anymore. Steam's gotten big enough to be self-sustaining, and the flat-management structure at Valve intended for ~50 people's been bloated to several hundred or thousands all under one roof.

Good. One of the most overrated series.

12 years spent writing fluff for DOTA 2 is the by definition doing nothing.

How long did it take the DOTA 2 wiki to fill? A month? A week?

Raking 6 figures per year to write a line per week isn't a repetitive job. It's a job people murder for. The only boredom he might have suffer comes from the little he had to do…

The guy is a huge SJW faggot. Am I supposed to feel bad?

He and Erik were the main reason Valve became a funny meme company around the release of the orange box. They were directly involved in Portal's creative direction and I have little doubt they also influenced the direction TF2 took. You can't be this oblivious.

Most people want more in life than to sit around and be glorified NEETs.

Behind metal gear solid.

user, these people are quitting.
One of their main writers, Marc fucking Laidlaw, left a year or two while ago. He was getting paid to do nothing, he hasn't actively worked on any games in years, he was bored to tears so he left to do something else.

rip in potatoes chef failsex u will b missed

Is Valve now /ourguys/ for kicking out SJW filth?

He quit

go back to halfchan

Holla Forums please.

After getting mocked and ridiculed while working at Valve.

Chet was a the last Half-Life writer left at Valve.
Nobody who wrote HL1 or HL2 works there anymore.
HL3 confirmed to be shitcanned.

Valve only makes multiplayer games and VR shit these days. At least there's good reason to believe Left4Dead3 will release this year(I want to believe)

Is it good? Also who's that Adolf guy that's on the cover?

The first half life and its expansions was good but everything else is shit.

Why do people even like these games? They're such garbage.

Yeah, i know. The gameplay was completely barebones and uninnovative, the damn thing didn't even have lean, shooting felt like ass, guns were boring, it went from bizarre alien creatures in the first game to humans with guns and humans with claws in the second game and HL2 was nothing but a tech demo for source. Hopefully one day the people will wake up.

I'd leave such a horrible company too.

richg42.blogspot.hu/2015/01/open-office-spaces-and-cabal-rooms-suck.html

Ok then.
The answer is still no.

*tips fedora* edgy as fuck m8 i r8 8/8 XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

u mad fag xd

faggot

ye he mad lmao xd btfo

You okay, user?

Does Valve think they can just coast off Steam forever?
It will take just one trully great game being exclusive to another one of these stores and they are fucked.

That's a fucking lie and you know it. Every single person on Earth would choose a life of peaceful relaxation and passionate pursuit of their hobbies and interests if they could.

People who say they'd get too bored without school or work are boring faggots who deserve to be gassed. GAS THE NORMALFAGS NEET WAR NOW.

Yeah, EA will come up with a game so great it kills Steam, and then Origin will have the de-facto monopoly!

sarcasm aside, i can see GoG pulling it off, if they stop selling only abandonware

Anyway, he's better off.

this is also the guy who full-on defended ending support for L4D1 and releasing L4D2 as a full-priced game, even though Valve had promised to support the first game with more content

he won't be missed

Go directly back to cuckchan and never return you irredeemable faggot.

Surprisingly not everyone is a degenerate