Great Games with shitty endings

Mother 3 is a classic example of journey being better than destination.

Going through all the different places was high quality, with good writing and fun characters and shit. Then the game just shits out at the end with a shitty final boss which doesn't work because who gives a shit about the brother being a shit bane he's only in the beginning and he's a douche then I thought i'd be fighting a fucking dragon but it's just a unloseable heal/cringe battle and a shit dragon cutscene and then it ends without proper closure.

rest of the game was great except the beginning

What other games do this?

Your opinion is shit and you should kill yourself

Well at least you acknowledge it as an opinion.

Did people actually like the brother

Every Dark Souls and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game

Not so much a shitty ending as a shitty second half.

Fuck that part, awakening the crystals was boring the first time and having to do it five more times was a pain, the only good thing about it was the interaction between the generals

>nah jk fam you aint actually kill. You still got a postgame to do and shiet. Go back to your friends and your companion so you can completely ruin the gloriously bittersweet ending we set up
>also this happens every game, so dont even bother feeling sad for the weeping starter, since you'll just come for the postgame anyways

The ending to PMD and Explorers genuinely choked me up up until the "you're not actually going to leave" reveal. It's especially bad in Explorers since you come from the bad timeline which you just prevented from happening, so you still existing is a time paradox. It's even cheaper since Brovyle still got erased due to the bad future being corrected yet you got to give reality the finger because just because Pikachu is a sobbing trainwreck without you

"NAH"

[cliffhangers externally]

I didn't know you could move around on the THE END screen, so I looked up what the ending was supposed to mean out of sheer confusion. That really ruined the effect.

>Kreia dies and you can't save her
>Disney and Jew Jew Abrams made it non-canon
>Obsidian is dead and EA/Biocuck has the rights

Snake pass had such a faggy ending.

JSR was a bit disappointing. They really didn't have the time to wrap it up properly.

Psi ops, though admittedly the story was completely unnecessary for having fun with the game. cliff hanger for a sequel never ever

Ocarina of Time

You did all that just so you could be sent to your original timeline where all of it meant nothing, including any character interactions you had as an adult. Also everything could have been avoided simply by not pulling the Master Sword from the stone. Ganon threatens to destroy your descendants after being defeated but there won't be any in his timeline now. Absolutely retarded.

Literally the entire game you're told the world will end and be reborn once all the pins are pulled. What the world is reborn as depends on the hearts of those who pull the pins. Lucas has a heart of good when he pulls the pins, Claus doesn't have a heart when he pulls the pins.
Ya missed the point. Everybody dies and everything ends. It will all be reborn as "good but empty".

OoT not ending with Link totally shirking all of his duties to run off with young Ruto was a mistake.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines was utterly disappointing, only slight variations to the endings with lots of build up and no delivery.

You completely misunderstood the ending to a game for kids. Good job retard.

the restored content mod at least fixed the game and put back the endgame conversations

Prove me wrong

Lackluster ending, just a wall of text.

user wrong thread. This is the one for GREAT games.

Yes, the villain tricked you and you played into his hands, forcing you to undo your own mistake, and in doing so turning Ganondorf into the god Ganon that you had fought in the previous games. It's Ganon's origin story and it's really well done. Sorry you didn't get a generic power fantasy hero story.

Sorry they posted Bravely Default and I thought it was anything goes

You were expecting a good ending? The entire game is basically like someone's first game project.

I expected, at the very least, a satisfying ending. Nothing fancy, just Brian going home with his dad and waving at the camera would've been enough. Instead we got a wall of text. When they put so much effort on the world and unique models, as well as the towns and cities, i was expecting the same effort on the ending.
Man, if Holy Magic Century wasn't rushed, I feel like we could've gotten a great game.

lol trolled

WW2

Never underestimate the slavshits.