One Week, One Vidya #9 - Bully

Bully
The purpose of this thread is to have a new game to playroughly every week so that we can discover new stuff and talk about it.
This week we're going to try Bully.
Bully is a 2006 multiplatform developed by Rockstar Vancouver. It is a ever so slightly more kid freindly version of GTA (use as a educational device is optional).
Orginally developed in 2006 for;
The PS2, emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Bully_(USA)/150225-download
A 2008 remaster sub titled Scholarship Edition (developed by Mad Doc Software) was released for the;
XBOX 360, downloadgamexbox.com/bully-scholarship-edition-jtag-rgh/
Wii portalroms.com/en/wii/bully-scholarship-edition-iso-download-torrent
Windows #F!nkEUkbBB!agHU2kQWwUEifyaoTMuiXQ (An extract and play, passowrd is {Bully-Sholarship-Edition-Repack-1.1} Includes the uncapper and OST)
In 2016 (Listed here for completness only due to the amount of sketchy links being way off the rictor scale);
It was re-released on the PS4 via PSN,
The Anniversary Edition (an updated Scholarship Edition) was developed by War Drum Studios for Android and IOS.
Or look for one yourself, they're all over the net
If you opt for the PC version negative mouse acceleration is always on plus there is the potential for audio issues in additon to a 30 FPS cap but unlike Gun there is a mod to uncap it however there are issues with it (see the pcgamingwiki page for more details).
Trying new things comes with the risk the thing you're trying may not be very good.
Previous threads:
Valdis Story : Abyssal City 12005471 archive.is/2017.03.03-215003/http://8ch.net/v/res/12005471.html
The Suffering 12061887 archive.is/2017.03.12-091023/http://8ch.net/v/res/12061887.html
Outcast 12115075 - archive.is/2017.03.17-215353/http://8ch.net/v/res/12115075.html
Naval Ops: Warship Gunnner 12163475 text: ghostbin.com/paste/6ynmt text+pictures: go4up.com/dl/ffcf2664f70dd8/1_week__1_vidya_-_Thread_#3_Naval_Ops:_Warship_Gunnner.7z sha256sum: d11c876bed53d79624d65d7328365948c494aef9e19e5d98393d8a82c513166e
Elite Warriors Vietnam 12217499 (one user's utterly failled attempt) - Text: ghostbin.com/paste/95yjf text+pictures: go4up.com/dl/7d6f6af11a5de0/Thread#4EliteWarriorVietnam.7z sha256sum: c9eece5e1d26bb8aa48f945233bc20b530177b9c10a61cea86e4b8ba5ea83ef5
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition 12247013 (Thread revival which wasn't properly archived before it fell off the catalogue) - u.nya.is/fetldp.png
go4up.com/dl/7795556c8d5034,sha256:5efd116f133c0470ffa6530b44f0943d8340c11ef85e252e1a4ed644d68df9b9
ghostbin.com/paste/twzyy
Ronin 12308820
archive.is/2017.04.14-191017/http://8ch.net/v/res/12308820.html
go4up.com/dl/7c96046cdc9c82,sha256:d53fefeae33ea2e089c6243e6d88f00e94cf75e296afad04ef3d8f6c3f018328
ghostbin.com/paste/nqd3m
DINO CRISIS 12367966
archive.is/2017.04.22-045632/https://8ch.net/v/res/12367966.html
Gun
archive.is/2017.05.01-040127/https://8ch.net/v/res/12402528.html
OP Pasta (slightly modified) pastebin.com/PVtAQJBG

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gLeceF_EsaI&list=PL04zUiwXi3w2cBBeH1zSaCEsf722zm9rQ&index=53
youtube.com/watch?v=cgzcJTkQ6wQ&t=30s
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603470623
prettyuglylittleliar.com
encyclopediadramatica.rs/
youtube.com/watch?v=mFLn2fpO-68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just recently replayed this and the cutscenes are a bit cheesy but it comes from a time when Rockstar made them that way. Having enough strength to grab a Prefect then shove him into the trash can never gets old.

If Purse Owner is a Japanese High School simulator, Bully is your Catcher in the Eye game, fucking good music.

Convince me to try this. Does it have good girls ?

Define "Good" girls, they're pretty much the american school archetypes or cliques.

You take classes and I think it's art where you learn to kiss girls. You present a gift and after the snog you get an above maximum health boost. Lola is a slut, Zoe is not so bad and Pinky who is the preppy girl you go on an actual date to the carnival with. Christy here is not in any of the cliques .

And certain guys

It's bretty fun but gets boring after a while. I don't think I played it more than 3 hours in one sitting, took me about 2 weeks to finish it IIRC. Also have no idea why pc version uses Gamebryo

Also, good luck dealing with him.

That faggot deserves to be burned alive.

Ah, this takes me back. Never again, I marathoned it when it was a bug addled mess and managed to git gud at beating every level before the game could break on me.The only guy who's name I remember is Russel, once I beat the game I pretty much just went around kissing girls then attacking them, make up, flirting, then punching them again for about 15 minutes then dropped the game never to play it again.

I actually installed and played this a about 2 weeks ago. I didn't stick with it for long because it has the Rockstar/GTA formula which I don't have the patience for anymore these days.

Does it get better after the hobo fighter?

I finished it not too long ago. Somewhen last year.
It was pretty enjoyable for what it was. Quite a unique setting although the gameplay does leave much to be desired.

I'm glad that you btfo Garry at the end.
What a piece of shit he is. Deserved everything he got and more.

It's comfy.

It's also ambient as hell and actually reminiscent of Valve's music, in the sense that it is amazing and is done solely on bass.
Make the embed section comply with long links
youtube.com/watch?v=gLeceF_EsaI&list=PL04zUiwXi3w2cBBeH1zSaCEsf722zm9rQ&index=53

Oh wait I linked my entire music playlist like a dumbass.
Whatever judge my musical taste.

Oh wow I just started playing this again last night, made this webm too.

I love this game. When I was younger I could never get into GTA, but Bully hooked me completely. It's funny how the lack of guns and killing kind of make the game more brutal, since you can beat the shit out of everyone with your bare hands and watch them roll on the ground writhing in pain.

meh your probably right, but I'll wait until they actually announce it.

>my brain is so fried after all these years of the computer, no exercise, and getting a bad concussion I have to look up a guide
Should I commit suicide.

Probably private, can't judge your taste.

There's already been rumors and concept art leaks.
The main character is an asian girl, with a smartphone and all. (Or at least I think she is.)
Kill me now.
youtube.com/watch?v=cgzcJTkQ6wQ&t=30s
Cuckmonkey will you fucking modify the embed to finally play large urls you faggot.

No, you've discovered your shit at something. Fix it. Turn off spellcheck in browser/word, or play scrabble once a day.

Columbine mod when?

This^
I was really surprised when I could even find a leather trench coat mod.

Take On Me, Ave Maria, and Moonlight Sonata were some of the first.
This entire list is mixed with genres.
Later down there's the Oldboy ost, Such A Shame by Talk Talk, along with a workout song from Spongebob.
Blackdog by Led Zepplin with Madame Butteryfly right behind it. Before that Knocking on Heavens Door by Guns And Roses.
I have Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence on there, next to Wear Your Love like Heaven and Populous.
Later down MSG V songs, novelty orchestra songs, and my favorite latest addition, Die Hochzeit by Wagner.
Judge my taste /mu/–
I mean Holla Forums

Goth girlfriend mod when?

When the second game comes out.

You could probably work something out with the greasers' assets plus a hairstyle mod.

That's just mean.

this game keep crashing what gives

It's a pretty shit PC port I followed this steam guide.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603470623

But i'v yet to play enough to see how well it works.

I have played every version, here are my thoughts
Muddy visuals and unstable FPS
bad controls and camera, looks nd runs slightly better than the PS2.
Stable framerate, better textures but and lightning but everything else remains the same. It feels a bit dated compared to most other 360 games.
A fucking buggy mess.

You volunteering faggot?

you talking to me, kid?

among other things, it fucking hates multicore
add "/affinity 0" to the shortcut
capping your memory in msconfig to less than 2000 also purportedly helps but v1.200 supposedly fixed that one

Strictly speaking Scholarship Edition is more of a remake than a remaster, it's even in a new engine because some retard thought using Gamebryo instead was a good idea.

The game is actually made by 'Rockstar' Vancouver, a studio with little relation to any other Rockstar studio. Also the cheesyness was semi-intentional, the game is supposed to be playing on the nostalgic idea of how kids used to be in the 50s and 60s that always crops up in the media. This is why it has greasers despite the actual date ingame being the 90s or early 2000s.

Found a graphical comparison for anyone interested. It's a shame this game wasn't treated better, because it's a real gem.

Browsing through social media, tumblr, halfchan /cgl/, observations in schools, and places like prettyuglylittleliar.com and encyclopediadramatica.rs/ both made by girls I only now realise girls are humanity's biggest and greatest bullies but almost exclusively to other girls.

Bullying in Japan is like bullying at the most inner-city shit-hole of a school in the US.
Death threats, damaging property, real nasty shit.
When you're culture is all about being polite & nice, when someone doesn't care if they break those rules- they go to 11.

And generally, women are nastier to each other.
Guys can usually say some horrible shit to each other as friends and be cool. Women will rarely insult a friend unless it's to reaffirm or change the pecking order in the group.
Meanwhile, a guy will torment someone because it's funny. A girl will torment someone because she slighted her once- and she wants her to suffer.
This isn't a hard & fast rule, but if you see how most women overreact more than guys or how women hold grudges for less viable reasons & for longer, then you see what I mean.

Good god he looks like a young Bruce Willis with adult Bruce Willis' head.

what is this SJW shit?

I want my equal share

fuckin spot on user
best part of gtav was the bully-esque music it had.

The best game Rockstar has ever made. I'm not even joking, I love Bully to death and even though I'm not holding out much hope concerning the Bully 2 rumors I still would like to believe it'll happen eventually.

Best fucker in the game. Its amazing.

why can't I bully the little girls and hold them upside down so their skirts fall down and all the boys see their little panties?

Best game villain I've played against. Manipulative, plays you and other kids like you're just a pawn in a 5D chess game, and Petey gets rekt every time he's in the same scene as him. I also like how his Halloween costume was SS, pretty funny.

Game's only fun if you progress, not much to do when haven't completed a quest in a while.

This game is good but chapter 1 is fucking boring, the first act of any Rockstar game is fucking boring these cunts are way too formulaic.

I agree, they have a really great storyline in this game.

Also I'd fuck Edna.

As a sidenote, imagine how good a Harry Potter game would be using the mechanics of Bully.

God I absolutely fucking love this game. Honestly my favourite rockstar game of all time. I remember hearing something back in 2012 about the composer allegedly having been contacted to do music for a sequel. Wonder if anything will ever come from it.

Be very careful what you wish for though.

The double standard of 'boys can't hit girls but girls can hit boys' in school is a pretty realistic thing to have ingame user.

I heard the same rumour but I find it hard to look forward to anything modern R* makes, particularly when you consider that the studio that made Bully (Rockstar Vancouver) are no longer around.

overnight bump so i can play this tomorrow

They were merged with Rockstar Toronto.

who plays video games for realism?

I don't even get what you're saying. Being artificially limited by the game is realistic?

Don't forget they forgot how to make fun games and have been following the film industry meme instead of focusing on video games as its own thing just like every other faggot AAA dev.

You can actually molest girls in the game, but it gives you max wanted level, like bullying the junior students does. Christ. I think we've reached some sort of stopping point if a game like BULLY is somehow SJW.

That was talked about a while ago actually, did anyone save the thread? Too bad it'll never happen.

Sadly true.

just came my pants

if you think america is actually some like shitty 1980s movie

This game is for chads, not Holla Forumsirgins

The greasers are the best clique
you know I'm right

Johnny, a fire!

That I did not know.

It also helps with immersion, at least in my opinion. The staff are hardly portrayed as fair.

Nothing stops you bullying the girls ingame user, you only get maximum heat from Prefects/Staff for doing it. That's not an artificial limit.

Every Rockstar game is TUTORIAL THE GAME

Epic post, great contribution to the thread. You're objectively correct as the whole game is a tutorial and not just the first bit of the game. Congrats!

yes it is, because you can't do the same things to them you can to guys, yeesh. this isn't hard to follow

t. bullshit
you're gonna have to get used to that, because it's everywhere

Christ, you're dense. Do you really think a place like Bullworth wouldn't do that?

You can do exactly the same things to girls as you can to guys (stuff them in lockers, punch them) and even more (molest them) it just gets a lot more heat on you.
Have you actually even fucking played Bully? Anyone who had would know this.

Again, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. It's fairly tame shit as would fit in with the game but you will get in trouble for it and you get extra trouble for doing it to little girls. It's even got its own label in the 'shit you did to get in trouble' part of the compass that flashes when you do punishable things.

How?

I looked it up quickly: molest was an exaggeration, the only thing that I can remember is pinching their ass which the game apparently calls harassment. If you do it on older girls or adult women you'll get in some trouble, do it to young girls and maximum shit comes your way.

I forgot you could do that. Now I'm going to do it to all the lolis I see

Shit, this has been on backlog for a while. Been playing GTA IV recently, should I finish it first before moving to Bully, or is it different enough to play side-by-side?

This isn't a thread about GTA IV.

idiot, I don't have a problem with punishment.
It's the game immediately restricting you from even doing it.

Lying, because I clearly remember only being able to like push girls before the prefects or teachers are set on your ass

It's.. okay…

This version worked fine with no configs at all
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9c1f2ae20292acdc5a95c8e7382b7e4fe6a3ae97

Then you clearly never figured out how to do it because you absolutely could pinch girl's asses.

That and the terrible stealth mission where you steal a bunch of panties.

I don't mind this shit considering the age it was made and that's just someone fucking with the AI of a game.

Can we take a second to appreciate just how good the soundtrack for this game is? Reminds me of The Cure.

youtube.com/watch?v=mFLn2fpO-68

how would you even figure that out. it's not like the game shows you the pinch ass button

is there also a hidden boob grope?

I played it when it first released and then a few years later on 360.

The game got so much shit for being a "school shooter simulator" in the media. Being the edgy shit I was, I bought it on release day and was promptly disappointed that not only are guns not in the game, you don't even get to see some lewdness to offset your unsatiated lust for violence.

Cruel.

But it totally does, though. When you walk behind a girl and target her, the taunt/wedgie/shove button shows an icon of a girl's arse. What more do you want? A mission where they teach you about sexual harassment?

That's weird. I didn't delete my post
Is this some mod black magic to false-flag my actions? Are you a mod?

If you're going to force that shit reaction image, then you deserve to have your posts deleted.

I wish little shit academia wasn't so remarkably uninspired. I guess Trigger really did pump everything they had into inferno cop, LWA OVA 1 and most of KLK. KLK went to shit hard at the end but since then they've been in such a rut, not producing anything worth the time.

Actually, yes, as said, targetting the girl while walking behind her gives you a "pinch ass" button. I believe it's the female equivalent of the wedgie.

I don't know, I enjoyed Space Patrol Luluco quite well. And I thought the end of KLK was fine, it was the bit where the Ryuko is collecting the pieces of Senketsu-whatever and Satsuki is invading all the other schools that was sucky.

This is fucking gay animeshit

they're the same size, fight back you pussy bitches

in real life, they would be bulldykes bullying awkward sorta-hot but not hot enough to not get bullied girls

yes

Shhh, let the weebs have their fantasies.

they've had them long enough, they need a rude awakening