Mecha game thread

Just finished Arc 1of Project Nimbus, shit is getting crazy pretty fast and I'm loving it.
Have any of you fags played it?

Recommend me some more Mecha games.

Other urls found in this thread:

mechadamashii.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know a few really good ones.

Isn't A.C.E. a shitty version of Z.O.E?
I've never played it so I don't know

AC project nimbus is bretty good. Hwlps that you can use the analog sticks in it

Also Votoms for ps2 is really good.

No, its different. Its a crossover with bunch of mechs on large maps. Similar to how dogfight simulators are done.

Is it out of EA?

Is there anything PC friendly you'd like to recommend?

Play Gundam Vs. and deal with the lack of robo lolis.

the PC Mechwarrior series.

No shit

This is a short but sweet game. The only stuff you'll miss if you can't read runes is the story but if you've watched SDF before playing this you'll have no issues piecing things together. The replay value is alright because you can go back and S rank missions for extra skins.

There aint much.

Play Armored Core.
It's the best.

Not really, it's basically SRW, if SRW is more dogfight based.

Poor Virtual On..got hijacked by Vocaloids in SRW UX and now this.

Fuh.

Well…there is..no wait, Gihren's Greed is grand strategy.

Which ones because there have been plenty of people in Holla Forums who say current mech warrior games are shit so i dont know which are good

It's also turn-based.

Dual Gear when?

All except 5 and VD, the sequel to 5, are excellent.
the PSX ones can be skipped as well, although they are good. The rest should be played.
If, by the time you reach 5, you're a fan, you should probably give 5 a shot as well. It's bad but far from the worst game out there so you might get some enjoyment out of it,

3 and its offshoots are considered the best adhering to the AC formula.
4 takes a step away and adds six million sanics into the mix, which spices things up.
5 decided always online is a good idea.

Like said all ACs are fine, its just some ACs that are less AC than the others. And by some I mean V.

I had fun with this

Spring engine one and the Homeworld now remastered edition, damn are the two that I am aware of.

Not yet, but soon

Here you go tripsman
Theres also a Gundam game and Assault Suit Leynos.

Thanks for the recs guys
Can PCSX2 run them correctly?

A shame Front Mission Online was so short lived and there aren't any private servers. It looks pretty interesting.

Yes I've played it, arc 2 is significantly shittier.

BOTTOMS

bump

I couldn't tell you because I'm a hardware fag but the game is actually quite small and the iso is a little over 1gb. If you could report back that'd be nice.

The macross mod for homeworld was the shit, what happened to it?

Aye, thanks
I'll give it a try after I finish the Ace Combat trinity.
Don't want to fuckup my setup

Remastered and people working on that version, some givibg up even.

I mean the Homeworld modding community in general, not them in particular.

There should be distinction between 3D shmups and mech games.
Shit like Nimbus or Strike Suit are not mech games.

Neat, but probably not language barrier friendly, huh?

bump

Anyone got a mech game with European style mechs?

Heavy Gear.

Remember: No Zaku

Pretty sure Metal Fatigue was close to that. Too bad it's dead.

Is Xenoblade X the only current-gen real time mecha game that isn't gundam licensed?
Everything ITT is either old as shit or fucking gundams. Or both.

That game depresses the shit out of me. Why make them mechs if the only thing they do is flying? It's a waste of cool designs.

Tell that to Japan.

There's EDF4.1. It's got everything but gundams and humanoid jets.

Hell yeah Mercenaries I want to reinstall it.

>mechadamashii.com/
site run by a mech autist who does interviews for forbes, fairly in depth listing of good mecha games

if you like cuhrayzee mechs, i'd recommend ac4 & for answer

i want to /clang/ white glint

I love that guy.

Ah..UC Climax. Epic as hell intro..too bad they don't go as far as Victory Gundam.

What happened to that Armored Core game that Nip was making on Unreal 4 Engine?

Okay Holla Forums, when will we get a real no-shit mech simulator, what will it be like and what kind of mech will you build with the customization options?

I'll probably play it and think "this doesn't give me as many options and fanservice as Gundam Breaker and I hate it."

Until modders get a hold of it and it becomes Gundam vs. Armored Core vs. Capcom.

Is there any reason to expect anyone else to do anything different with their game?

Bandai Namco at least waits a few months before pumping out DLC.

What if Bamco made a mech simulator that plays like one of the fighting games they usually make but still has most of the options you'd find in a regular simulator? That might be interesting.

Or what if we got a mech game that actually mixes up the gameplay modes and gives us several different styles of play, like Zelda, Nier or other action RPGs? Mecha are very versatile from a game mechanics standpoint. You could make mech fighting games, mech RTS games, mech shooting games, mech puzzle games. There's a lot of unexplored or barely-explored territory here.

Armored Core arena but with Gundams? I'd be down, although I'd miss the personality that comes with the regular Vs. games.

They used to be pretty good about making games with personality. Not so much anymore, but then again, most longtime developers aren't as good as they used to be.

I personally love flying anime mechs so I don't share your concern.

Sorta agree, Gundam Versus looks a little clean and minimal compared to Gundam Vs. Full Boost.

Just on offchance, anyone found a working download for Mechcommander Gold that works on Windows 7? Mechcommander.co.uk rar is dead