Mega Man Zero Appreciation thread

3 is the best hands down

there has never been a good megaman
and never will
Capcom let the series die for a reason

I personally prefer 1, but that's probably nostalgia talking.

Thank you to your contribution to the thread.
I hope you have a great day.

To be honest, I liked 4 the most, I felt like it gave the players a more active choice in how how they played the game.
If you wanted the game to be hard then you can chose the weather to make the levels harder, you can choose to not use certain armors and the Z-Fist thing also allows for a more flexible gameplay.
Granted the chain thing was the coolest weapon in the series.

I like Zero, but that shit's gay.

here's (You) go.

No, 1's better

MMZ2 was the closest i ever came to throwing a console/controller in my life. That game was fucking brutal. But I finished it, several times over, sign of a great game really.

Really, its only hard if you play on hard or try to maintain A or S rank

You only got ex skills of you made the weather shitty … so not really a choice

Amen.

I recall MMZ2 having an obscene amount of insta death spikes/terrain(lava etc). Mind this was like 14 years ago so i could be remembering poorly.

How good is this trilogy?

Its one of the few trilogies to consist of 4 games

It's really, really good if you like challenging platforming. The MMZ games are some of, in not the, hardest games in the Mega Man series. The first boss fight of the first game is harder than any boss in the NES games, and he's not even that hard compared to what you fight later on.

Sad

Loved the series but I never liked the art-style that much
Zero's design really turns me off, like, he shifted from battle armour to a t-shit and a thong, it's fucking stupid

Actual spoiler its not his real body

I cried a little at the end of Zero 4.

Yeah, but his original body looks the same anyway

I don't remember. I played them straight in order more than 10 years ago, so they kinda merged into one huge game for me. I think I liked the most when you could change the color of your armor. Silver Zero is the best Zero.
Also I could never figure out whether Harpuia is a girl or a faggot.

He's a fag, go figure
Man, X had some really idiotic "children", and I'm putting children on quotes since I'm not sure if that squad of idiots can be considered as such

I always hated X's character through his franchise, so when I saw how guardians made from his data are all retards and perverts in denial it clicked perfectly and made 100% of sense.

They are good games.

I want to marry Ciel and treat her nicely and also bully her

Tell me about it

you're not giving them enough credit user, they are much more retarded than that. Everyone in zero is a retard

blows himself up like a retard for no fucking reason whatsoever
literally doesn't care about anything besides fighting zero and dying
compromises the mission by not killing zero because she wants his dick
literally a tsundere that refuses to coordinate with zero, even if it means saving mankind
"I am perfect and as good as X even though everyone hates me, cognitive dissonance wooo"
"let's recreate X but not subject him to the 20 years of ethics testing, no way he'll be a fucking monster"
"things aren't going my way, guess I have no choice but to fucking die"
"oh shit weil is falling onto earth from orbit and we have to kill him. Instead of teleporting back and letting him get fucked up in re-entry before finishing him off in the crater, I'll just sacrifice myself like a dumbass because it's fun lol"

anything I missed

X himself being the biggest retard of them all.

What about Elpizo

X managed to do more damage to the world than Sigma could have ever done, way to fucking go

That Griffith wannabe was horrible, but far from being X-levels of retarded

MMZ4 wrapped up the series way better than Z3 did. I got the same vibes from Z3 that I did from X5, a shitty "climactic" final battle with a borderline fucking retarded Mega Man-like enemy and a lot of loose plot-threads. Z4 didn't address almost most of what Z3 left behind (ie where the fuck did the Guardians go and where'd X fuck off to) but Weil himself made for a better end-villain than Omega did, and his prominence and final area made more sense than a brainless slave-reploid with Zero's body did.

NEVER EVER

retard/10

That picture triggers me to this day

The guardians were killed offscreen by zero's body exploding

Worse overall is that we got fucked out of some neat reploid designs, I'd love to see what the four guardians look like in the X series' artstyle. Fefnir intentionally looks about as bulky as an X-series reploid even rendered in the Zero style so what he'd "normally" look like, for instance.

I know, but the games don't explain that. I hate Jap shit doing that where you only learn what happens in tertiary material you may never encounter.

But that's not exactly how it went, original X was still in charge, only using the guardians as, well, guardian leaders of armed forces in the defense of the people. It went awry when the comission of humans in charge of making a copy of X cut corners and took shortcuts because of time constrains, completely bypassing the personality tests that Light took while making the original, resulting in a faulty copy that became the robotic version of 1488. Or at least that's how I remember it by the conversation/confession made by ciel in the first MMZ.

With how much of X's creation in general is shrouded in mystery there's a good chance they didn't even know X had ethics testing, even though it's cited as a direct factor of why Copy X went awry. There was also that Copy X was essentially a power-mad child thrust into leadership of the world, and that he didn't have X's sheer experience to put towards being a good leader. More or less it's directly stated that Copy X in general was a mindblowingly retarded idea, or at least had mindblowingly retarded execution.

Hell, X's reason for sealing himself away was dumb, he would've been more useful out and about in the hunt for a way to subdue, defeat or purify the Dark Elf than he was as a cyber-elf with his body serving as a seal at Yggdrasil, especially when X should've known better where his status was concerned and that eventually people would have sought a replacement or even to clone him, the latter of which is something that was very possible considering the Four Guardians. There again the Zero series in general smacks of being written as it went along.

Well, the loose ends are probably the result of the original intent not matching the final product. Since people here have stated that X did more damage than everyone else in the series, it's important to note that Inafune planned for X to become the villain at the series closure, paving the way for the beginning of MMZ being that X was already the dictator. Considering the things you've pointed out, writing MMZ in a hurry seems like a possible explanation.

MMZ wrote X out to make Zero the star because Inafune wanted his OC to be the mc. Inafune can't do anything right.

I do remember that whole bit about X being the villain with MMZ, though I don't remember how early in the development that was thrown out. Primarily I remember X6's development and release throwing Inafune completely for a loop where Z1 was concerned.

That one I certainly remember, even as far back as X1 Inafune wanted his red Not-Mega Man to be the star.

Actually zero was the original design for X in X1 but the design was rejected for being too different and not recognizable so it was changed to a different character entirely, and if you look at X1 as a standalone game he was likely not intended to be anything more than a minor character.

Zero is one of the biggest Mary Sues in video games. Everyone constantly tells you how he's the best and how, hopefully, maybe, if you're lucky, you can someday be as good as him. But then he still shows up to beat bosses for you and shit, acting like he's better than you even though you save his ass a bunch of times. Plus, I wanted to fight that boss, faggot. Inafune's a faggot and his near-Ken Penders level OC is a faggot.

Zero a shit. But the gameplay in every Mega Man game is still pretty good. Not like being a Mary Sue OC really interferes with that. Using a sword is gay though.

Fuck off X.

Ciel is the cutest.

YOU'RE THE CUTEST

NERD

Piss off X, everyone knows you're a failure

Was Nakayama actually fired for lewds?

I recall him being asked by Capcom to stop drawing Roll doujins but not being fired for it

okay then

This peeved me off so much. Why didn't they just keep the X biometal?

The Original X romhack for Zero 3 makes it like X6 except not shit

At least I'm man enough to admit I'm a copy of Mega Man, while you go on pretending you're not just an even gayer, edgier version of Proto Man.

Speaking of Weil…. would the Zero series ended better if instead of him, it was Wily (or at least some dumb, contrived version of Wily's brain or virtual being in a robot body)? It bothers me enough that, given all the little teasers we had about Wily and Zero since the X series, it would have made more sense in the end.

To me at least…. maybe I'm in the minority.

Yea I agree because they never really go to deep into Zero's orgin's aside from he was made by Willy for some reason and he's super fighting robot with a sword.

ZX3 never ever

Good.

I genuinely loved the story of the first Zero game. Zero returns from the dead to take revenge on his former friend, like in Soul Reaver. The city looming in the sky above the decayed ruins of the world comes from Battle Angel Alita. And the assault of the red devil on the godlike heavens is Paradise Lost.

You could say the message is that living forever is a mistake. But it's also about not finding yourself a hero that you will be forced to fight some day.

I just had fun as jedi robot girl in diabers slashing evil megamen.
Oh well dfferent strokes for different folks, right?