Torment: Tides of Numenara - and why it sucks

Turns out a younger me actually backed this game in the vain hope for a better Planescape: Torment, and I had it on my Steam backlog for a while.

After some fifteen hours, it appears that something with this game is fundamentally wrong. I know some fags will immediately go into autistic screeching because the PC has brown skin and the first party member you meet is a proverbial faggot (or bisexual at any rate), but the real problems with this game somehow go deeper. Yet I still am not quite sure why it rubs me the wrong way

I don't really mind a fleshed-out dialogue system, but 70% of the conversation of the game is stuff you read once and never ever have to remember for any give reason, plus a good part of it is "2DEEP4U" tier.

Pointlessly complicated with the entire effort system. Mercifully, you can talk your way out of most situations, and at least one crisis actually makes you the winner even if you die.

Yup. It's kind of convenient that you can dupe infinite cyphers and sell them for money, but this kind of shit (let alone floating texts that remain along multiple screens) shouldn't be there after four fucking years of development

The text adventure you never asked for!

Yeah, meeting some transdimensional something is interesting, but this kind of fades when everyone and their mom is an Eldritch abomination with anteroretrigade amnesia from the planet Xyklof by default.

TL/DNFR: Has anyone else played this mess? And can you pin down why exactly playing it feels more like a bother than something fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

torment.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_Eggs_(T:ToN)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PS:T had this too, maybe not to the same degree but still a significant amount of it was pure lore dump.

Post examples.

Pls describe. Haven't followed the game's development at all.

Le current year maymay.

The what?

Good old Torment.

Was planning to look at videos to decide whether it's worth it.

One big problem is it's name.
It was purely a marketing decision made to dupe nostalgic fans of Planescape Torment.
None of the words in the name of TtoN actually relates to the main theme of the game, of a god who creates bodies and a Sorrow that follows him.
Planescape Torment had a name that was completely relevant on every level. It was set in the planescape setting, it's characters were in torment, the answer to the question "What can change the nature of a man?" was Torment.
Name one character that was in torment in Tton, that's one problem.
The tides are basically a shit morality system, and is irrelevant to the main theme of the game.
Numanera are artifacts, also unrelated to the main theme. Though the setting it also called Numanera so it's arguable that at least one word in the title was actually relevant.
Here are a list of names that would better suit the game;
The Changing God
The Last Castoff
The Sorrow of Numanera
But none of them were good for marketing so they shoehorned Torment into the title instead.

I can't read that stupid title without thinking of NumaNuma.

They cut many features and the team that was working on the game was very disconnected. I remember one of them talking about portraits of NPCs but NPCs don't even have portraits in the final game. Also which retard thought releasing this on consoles would be a good idea needs to be shot

Those criticisms are also valid against PS:T, though. Surprise surprise, a sequel to the story rich proto-walking sim has the same fucking problems.

PS:T was never good. It was always an inferior meme game.

To be honest, the game being any good is a fluke, much like most games made back in the day.
Did you know that spells have huge unskippable cutscenes because the game was inspired by Final Fantasy type games? That's also the reason for the prewritten character.

They're not. For example when you see Morte in PS:T the game only says you that you see a floating skull, not something like "A white floating skull is slowly approaching you with a grin. And starts talking to you "Heya chef". PS:T rarely has unnecessary text and doesn't describe anything you can see with your eye in the game, Numenera does both of these

Also PS:T isn't a walking sim at all

I also played it OP and indeed it was bad. I couldn't get more than a half an hour in to it because it just failed very hard to interest me in the game despite playing many of these isometric CRPGs in the past.

That being said I actually was able to complete Wasteland 2 and of course beat the first Torment, but this title is crap.

its as shitty as the original planeshit tbh

In Planescape everything matter and it fleshed out stuff. In Nu Men Era it fucking doesnt and it just fluff.
And yes it is buggy as fuck. Fucking shill

It was regret, ijit.

It was Torment
Did you miss the final scene where they ask the question and the Symbol of Torment subtly pans into view?
Also, you can be tormented by regret

Rose-tinted amnesia, fam.

Yeah, but you don't give examples like and instead just act like a sperg.

Which I never challenged, merely alluded to this being the norm for a long time, unfortunately.

everyone_with_oppinions_(((problematic)))_for_my_hugbox_is_this_(((insert_buzzword))).jpg

Did someone just finish watching smudboys video?

Yeah a lot of shit didnt make it and backers got pissed iirc. Not sure where all the money went. Maybe they accidentally hung out with tim schafer.

cRPGs were never good.

You're thinking of Tyranny

They cut a shitload of stuff from the game, and the really Jewish thing is that they didn't even inform the backers of this. It took a bunch of people datamining the beta to figure out whole chunks of the game had been removed (or never even initiated) and put pressure on the developer to make a statement about it.

Yeah, I noticed. I looked at the screenshot and the list of complaints and thought it was a Tyranny thread. That's how bland and uninteresting these games are.

Just goes to show both inXile and Obsidian are now producing almost indistinguishable turds that have all the same faults and shortcomings. I thought this was supposed to be a cRPG revolution, how the fuck did we end up with these hacks?

Most of the money they kikestarted probably went back to Double Kike's fig pyramid scheme, both "spiritual successors" Pillars of Eternity and this game just fucking fell short, it's like they ran out of money or they couldn't do more with less.

A lot of those problems were in the first one

They were, and they are. But it was a novel experience with it being a text heavy adventure as opposed to dungeon crawlers and hackshit like BG.

I kinda liked it, but it has many problems
combat is boring and dont know why they even bothered
the entire attributes and effort system is just bad. I also wonder why they even bother. Every check I have failed, there was always a retry option. Making it entirely useless to store effort, but instead I have to click there for about a minute of two until I finally succeed the 10% chance skllcheck.

It is mainly those problems that hinders my fun, and should have been replaced to something fitting a visual novel

And PST was released 18 years ago. Not to say that there weren't RPGs that did it back then too, but at least PST had a novel setting, great characters and writing to back it up. Torment not only does manage to fuck up worse than the original in every regard, but it even drops the ball in terms of writing, and drops it badly enough to be a standout issue most people commented about.

Dropped it, but at least it was better than pillars with their meaningless bullshit "memories".

ther commentary lets play is actually delivered. Though it isn't as much as a let's play as sections the game the dev wants to talk about.

My guess, knowing some of them where part of capable team in the past, is that there's no incentive to pull our finger out our ass and work for it anymore with crow funding, the bulk of the hard work was: Getting funded. The inner fire, the passion, the hunger all fall flat once you get what you were working for the most, turns out it wasn't the game, it was the funding campaign.

tets

How is the game connected to PST?

It doesn't

I dropped it after the first hour. It was full of walls of text that don't lead anywhere.

LOL

Storywise it's not, they're not even in the same universe I think but there are a few references in the game. Like the guy you met in Smoldering Bar in PS:T, O or something, the guy that gives you permanent +1 wisdom is in this game too. There were a few others but can't remember atm

Its a "spiritual" succesor of the classic.

Wasn't the smoldering guy a fucking psycho that burned an entire city block, bound to you by some contract or whatever and in the final dungeon he tries to kill you?

You're thinking of Ignus, also IIRC he only tries to kill you if you play a good TNO. I'm talking about O, he was a pretty memorable guy you can probably remember him. IIRC he was standing next to Dak'kon in that bar, you talk about philosophical shit with him and then gain 1 wisdom point

See, it doesn't

Wouldn't experiences/time be more accurate?Sure it made sense to answer Torment/Regret at the time/scene but shit needs to be thought in a broader context.

With time you change(ergo,change your nature) with gathering experiences and memories either increase or are remembered incorrectly,which can lead to an entirely different compared behavior than earlier in one's life.For example a 5 year-old you would react differently to relationship drama than a 50 year-old you.

Unless the question means "change man so radically that he is changed at his most basic level",which Torment/Regret is a part of,though positive experiences can also be incredibly life changing with right timing and ammount.

Then again, for those more positive moments to mean anything one has to have less pleasant experiences to compare them to,which Torment and Regret can be a part of
said unpleasant experiences.

Though one has to know regret can be multifaceted.You can either feel regret for something happening to you,doing something wrong or not doing something well enough and is can't be due to actual guilt 100% of the time.

Not really because it's not time that causes you to change, it's the fact that more things happen during that time. What 1 single thing can change the nature of a man. With time it's what billion things that fuck with you over time.

It's regret.

But our decision making is affected by memories,as out memories are what most base their whole course of action off-of.

Issue is that most people are looking at the question with only one answer in mind instead of a multitude of answers.Though I'm not saying that "nothing" or "everything" is correct, because people can change and there are a fuckton of things that don't change the nature man regardless of what happens(like say,putting gummy bears in you waffles or some shit).

The reason time/age be considered correct in my opinion work is because any of the other answers can and probably will occur in said time/age that can change one radically enough to argue that their nature is changed.

There is not one true answer, the story was built around the idea that everyone will think of a different answer. That's the whole point.

I pirated it and quit as soon as I reached the first town. I thought I'd give it an honest try but it's just fucking awful. NOTHING about this shit is good.

True,that's why I wrote that the question has a multitude of correct answers(because the question/riddle said "what can",not "the only thing that will") .

First time I've played it and finished it was a few weeks ago. Not an argument.

Again, lot of Numenara is fluff.

Numenara is a fucking scam and I got the feeling you poured a lot of your money in it and suffer from buyers remorse.

They are although it is connected very loosely torment.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_Eggs_(T:ToN)

Nothing can change the nature of a man, for if it is not in his nature there can be no change.

Numenara is a shit setting anyway. I still marvel they chose this landfill of an IP for their game.

I've played through it after I was done with Planescape. I fully agree. Of course shills spout the 'muh rosed tinted glassed' bullshit every fucking time.
Numenara could've been something better if they kept what they've promised to do, but they didn't. Just look at the artwork they made in the beginning and compare it to the artwork near release. I really fucking wonder how much money they blew on coke and whores.

Isnt this a tranny game?

To this day I remember all the party members in PST and quite a few scenes. The opening mortuary is carved into memory. I can't even recall a single memorable thing about Torment except remembering how fucking godawful it was to slog through. There's just WORDS WORDS WORDS everywhere, and it all reads like a livejournal written by a 12 year old girl, the combat is shit, the game is buggy and you can tell the interface was made with consoles in mind first, and the whole story is one boring turd in the most "lel so quirky" fantasy setting ever devised.

Most of the money likely went on living expenses. Leftist cucks will only inhabit places like San Francisco and the like where housing prices are obscene, though I have no doubt they pocketed a large chunk of it and hired the cheapest tumblr writers they could find.

There's also this. Look at old portraits of companions and newer versions of them, if you ask me I'd say old ones look better. Why even change them?

Also companions in general were very bad imo, except for that little girl. I wished many times I had another NPC as a companion instead of these ones, because imo there were actually interesting NPCs in the game. Though I should probably say I haven't finished the game, I quit pretty soon after getting the albino girl but still to that point they were pretty boring, and I doubt they become interesting later on.

No idea how you missed it all then. Almost everything about the Blood War is pure fapping to lore, half of shit on the factions is exposition, the O was mentioned above and there is also the donutsteel partially transparent guy in the same location. And that's just off the top of my head.
I liked all that a lot, but it's exactly

Again, you merely stated it instead of proving it, like others did. The difference between a potential shitpost and a meaningful reply.

As far as modern industry goes it is about average, I believe.

I get the feeling you suck over eight thousand dicks per day. IDs have a lot of downsides, but maybe try looking at them for a change.

Yes, it was made in the West.

I think the budget ran out. And yes aside from about two companions the companions are really forgettable and you wont give a shit about them.
In Planescape every companion even that fucking robot was fleshed out and getting to know them made me care and about each NPC had their own little story that fitted into the world.
For example that guy that got teleported to Sigil without him knowing and his name and number got stolen and therefor he is dying.
Numenera barely has a soul or something interesting.

Each NPC has a personal thing ongoing on and you your own story, how hard is that to understand. You matter as much as you make yourself matter in that game.

Even if I give proof you'd defend this shit game anyways as you keep doing through out this thread. Buyers remorse is a shitty thing isnt it.

Go spend some more cash on shitty dev you good goy.

It's kind of sad to look upon PoE, Torment and Tyranny and come to the realization they are all the same kind of turd, with the same shit quality across the board.

Like others have said, it seems like the developers were just going through the motions, here we have a BG2 clone, here's a game where you play the "evil" guy, here's the PST copy. They are so extremely derivative and still somehow miss what made the games they're trying to ape so great. PoE lacks the presentation and width of content BG2, Tyranny undermines its own premise and Torment is just throwing walls to text at you because the writers seem to think more words somehow make the writing automatically better.

Are you literally retarded? I don't defend this shit game, I'm just saying you have distorted perception of the old one.

I haven't spent a single fucking cent on a game in three years. How hard is it to admit you fucked up?

Nothing distorted about the love people have for PST. It would have worked better as an adventure game, sure, but its strengths were always in the presentation, writing and clever use of the setting, and the fact it tried very hard to escape the mold cRPGs of the time found themselves in.

It has its fair share of flaws, most cRPGs do, but the strengths clearly make up for it.

WOT?! They had more bux than Pillars of Boredom who made the engine Torment was based on. And like how much does it take to make a portrait? 10 bux? Those hacks needed to cater to their glorified SJW book/tabletop and that was the reason why they switched to queer looking portraits. The whole fucking game was an advertisement for numenura shit, starting from mechanics that only brain-dead retard would think of implementing into a videogame and finishing with their kikestarter goals like "new book".

I actually was enjoying Tranny until the abrupt retarded end, if you drop all the gender shit in the game which I think is more feminism than SJW inclined as well as the game being so fucking short with stupid and no way to join the "Evil"Good Guy, it had quite a few good moments. The combat was actually fun, unlike Pillars of Overbalance, the story branched early in 4 ways and the dialogue windows with built-in encyclopedia links and other meta references was really cool for text-heavy RPG.

If I had to take a guess, Tides of Numenara is another prime example of what happens if you let idea guys run the entire company. Unless you have coders and or businessfags keeping them on a tight schedule, they'll spend ages working on trivial details of the story while merrily forgetting about the actual important stuff. Plus, the term "deadline" is not existent in their vocabulary.

Kinda like with Peter Molyneux. Delivers good stuff if he has an overseer (even if its Electronic Arts of all companies) breathing down his neck, but god help the game if he has to plan shit on his own.

I hate Tyranny because it misses the entire point of the premise. For a world where "evil" won it sure as fuck doesn't feel like it. What you end up doing most of the game is playing errand bitchboi for every unlikeable piece of shit in the game, and all you learn is that the supposedly evil overlord is actually the best choice everyone has.

I wouldn't even mind the short length if the non-linearity was emphasized more. Take Way of the Samurai games, each playthrough is very short, but can vary greatly depending on what choices you end up making, and the developers there seemingly think of all (or at least most) decisions the player could make and present appropriate responses from the gameworld.

Videogame writing is like the writing in a Goosebumps book. Planescape Torment the original game was bad too. No video game nerd will ever write anything worth reading.

No meaningful choices because if you take him down, the whole world is taken over and divided by a bunch of degenerates, assholes, naive moralfags and fucking SJWs.

You only say that because you have no arguments defending a shit game. First it was nostalgia according to you and now it's a 'discorded' perception.

And that's why you defend this shit like you have buyers remorse. You act like a kike and talk like a kike. Read back your own posts you fucking shill.

I think the issue with T:ToN's setting is that things such as bits of history and artifacts don't generally come across as coherent and interconnected. A lot of the elements of the Ninth World just seem slapped together without any concern for how they should fit together. Random artifacts from a random civilization from a random time which have no connection to one another. Some of the merecaster sequences are a good example of this. In one, for example, you assume the role of a mutant who belongs to a persecuted group. Nothing in the entire sequence has any relation or relevancy to the rest of the game. The Blood War in Planescape: Torment is something that continually comes up, by contrast. T:ToN suffers from a lack of a sense of connection and continuity in its setting and lore. Planescape: Torment didn't have that problem, from what I remember. It's been a couple of years since I played it for the first time, but I don't remember anything seeming out of place or just random and disconnected in Planescape: Torment.

Overall, I just thought T:ToN was really mediocre. I didn't hate it, but it was another disappointing title in the "CRPG revival" for me.

Of course it is, as it's a lynchpin of the setting, which is well thought out and crafted to be interesting to play. Numenara just seems like someone's attempt to make a New-Wierd version of Star Wars or something.

Numenera started out as a TTRPG, which might also explain why the tides system didn't carry over well to a CRPG.

I've read some of the rulebooks and my biggest gripe has always been the technology is indistinguishable trope, mostly because it strikes me as the writers wanting to have their cake and eat it too.

What did you expect? I mean seriously nigger. Look at how Pillars turned out, it had the exact same issues you're describing.

I think it's lazy, but I love the reverse, where everything is super low tech but then with a couple of days of prep a wizard can turn out a one time use MRscry to find the cells in his friend's brain resonating with the elemental plane of cancer.

Got their statement?

Keep in mind these slimy kikes would have shipped the game without ever mentioning what they had cut if people hadn't found out about it.

I think it was on Steam at one point, but I couldn't find it. Did find this though.

Fug

Btw apparently I had links of two pre-release videos saved on my computer, if anyone wants to compare them to final release their youtube links are Gd43NYBzHuk and y4DJSEcjMsE. Not going to webm because I think I'd have to lower the quality because of size limit, and that would defeat the whole purpose of videos

First off, what finishing and polishing?
Also, I'm calling shenanigans, this shit is the reason why teams have PR shills / community managers / faggots with some bullshit media degree to handle the official communication

The changing god discovers several numenera to help him attain immortality. With the help of numenera he's able to leech onto tides, making each emotion tide and ebb as he wishes. The tides are manipulated through the datasphere, which is in of itself a numenera. He creates new bodies that feed on the tides, that disturbs the flow of the tides. The world itself have peaked, been destroyed and then peaked again, all with different paths civic focus. It ebbs, to allow civilization to flourish, and then the tide comes in, to reset it anew. And there are several other applications of the title in the game, such as the Endless War. Where there are tides of war, shifts in the forces before the battle is ultimately reset by the numenera time machines.

It's clear to me you did not understand Planescape Torment. Torment was not the answer to the question.
The question itself had no answer, and Ravel even spells this out for you.
Every major character in the game has a backstory that changed their nature.
Pharod changed because of fear.
Dak'kon changed because of belief.
Annah changed because of love.
Morte changed because of regret.
And so on.

One of the points of that the game tried to establish was that life is torment, but it's a torment worth enduring.
Everyone you meet in the game suffers in theirown way, but they keep on truckin'.

It's not a problem.

Irrelevant to the main theme of the game? Did you even play the game? And the tides are more ranges of emotion than morality.
Did you honestly gloss over the fact that the antagonist is named 'The Sorrow'? Or that the entire third act, where you navigate the hive is by using the emotion of others? Nevermind that the whole ordeal starts with the changing god desperately trying to bring back those he loved, because of his passion and sense of loss, you could say, a sorrow?

All castoffs are created by numenera. Capable of manipulating the tides, the emotions of others, with the subconscious tugs of their flows They're essentially walking around and pulling off the jedi mind trick on everyone, a lot of the time but in theirown ways. The ways their bodies were designed for. I don't think I need to bring up what's acceptable or not. Not to mention that every companion seeks numenera or to rid themselves of one.

Can you honestly not see the many, many parallels in the settings and plots of both Torment and ToN? Both feature an amnesiac protagonist that walk in the steps of their previous incarnations. Sigil is the city of doors that leads to all planes. The hive sprawls across all planes. The changing god committed and TNO are both guilty of big-time crimes crimes - both end up tormented, and chased across the planes by shadows and the sorrow because of their actions. The biggest difference is that instead of only meeting three other incarnations of TNO, in a moment of insight, a lot of the changing gods previous incarnations are alive and well, or in conflict with other incarnations.

Holy shit this is worse writing than most RPGmaker games.

Even given that summary of TtoN, it makes me not want to play it. So the essential thrust of the story is that everything ebbs and flows like a tide? Where the fuck's the climax? What is the story even building up to?

The reason why PS:T worked as a story is because you're trying to unravel the mystery behind your existence. This is even spelled out for you in the form of Ravel who asks you that famous question. It is the mystery of your existence and the torment people suffer because of it that drives the player to want to finish the story.

Is there even a point to TtoN? Or is it just cyclical, what might pass muster as lore or backstory but not as a main story.

inexile went back on their word about publishers. Soon after that, they began work on a console version, despite explicitly stating that they were to be PC focused until long after the game has gone gold; unfortunately, we didn't know this until much, much later.

First playable demo was good. Then they slowly took away features and streamlined everything to be console friendly. This, of course, raised some flags but everyone was for the most part content. However, inspite of inexile's attempts to keep it on the down low, things went tits-up as soon as an RPGCodex member blew the lid on the fact that inexile were actually developing a console version alongside the PC version.

It was dead on arrival, OP. There is no other reason needed as to why it sucks.

Just as PS:T is about unraveling your true nature, T:ToN is about unraveling yours, the castoffs and the changing gods.

Halfway through PS:T you meet Ravel, who with name apt unravels your nature. That you've simply lost your mortality, which nobody saw coming ッ. It's at this point you've got the whole mystery sorted out, and it all comes down to finding the fortress of regret. The only pieces of knowledge you attain past this point are related to your companions (such as Morte and Dak'kon having known the location of the portal all along), and the personal natures of your past incarnation (that your practical incarnation manipulated Deionarra and left her to die so she could be spy between the planes), none that are related to the overarching goal.
I don't need to go into more detail about it, as we all know how it plays out.

Halfway through T:ToN you learn that the ghastly figure in your mind's maze isn't a facet of yourself, but the changing god himself piggybacking along for the ride, and now he wants what he claims to belong to him; your body. Soon after you also learn that with the help of the pod that you've been looking to use up until this point, you're able merge all castoffs into one entity. So you hop about the planes, hounded by the changing gods henchmen as he's able to communicate with others using the datasphere in spite of being trapped in your mind's maze. At some point it's also revealed that you were created for the sole purpose of merging all castoffs.

Afterwards, when wandering around the hive in search of the mechanic that helped construct the pod, so that he may repair it, you not only learn that it can be used to sever the connection of all castoffs with the tide, ultimately destroying them all, and that 'The First' castoff is alive and she's looking to do just that. This leads to the final confrontation within the Hive's leaders chambers in a four-way battle. You and your companions, those loyal to the first castoff, the hive's forces and the sorrow.

Escaping 'The Sorrow', you hop into the pod and you unravel your mind's maze. Now you're up against the changing God, you've been walking in his footsteps the whole game, you've seen the world tear asunder because of his conflict with the first castoff, and now you relive his memories in the hours before you awake - only to learn that he's been dead all along, and the facet within your mind's maze is just an incomplete copy, as the Sorrow interrupted the transfer of his mind, but you do learn that he did all of this to bring back his loved ones, but that's been hinted at throughout the game already. There are also some big moments involving your companions at this point, just as there was in PS:T

And now you're thrust with the RPG trope of picking your ending.
Do you;

And then the inevitable cards of story as to what happens with everything afterwards.

As for a point? I honestly don't know. I suppose the recurring theme throughout the game is emotion and and 'the sins of the father' and torment and the use of technology without restriction, as all castoffs are suffering the consequences of the changing god. And then other castoffs has become just as grand-standing as the original creator, that leave behind more sins for the younger castoffs to deal with. I think there's a spot off free will and determinism in there too, as all castoffs were created for a purpose, but they break away from it or reinvent it.

With the exception of the revelations at the end, T:ToN doesn't match PS:T's ending in quality, it misses a couple of beats.
There's also a lack in important numenera. PS:T had the fist weapons that could permanently kill you, which you can use as leverage against the transcendant one, the bronze sphere. But I can't think of any items in T:ToN that had a significant lore revelation or weight to it. I suspect the merecasters alters the final interactions depending on what choices you make, I do know that had some immediate consequence, but I do not know the extent of it. I was able to convince the mechanic to assist me instead of the first castoff because I changed his past with the merecaster. It may even have been so that because I used the changing gods merecaster, I killed him. Though I'm not sure.

I also think it's much more poetic of TNO being forced to participate in the blood war in the good ending of PS:T than any of the endings in T:ToN

PS:T was indeed never good, neither a "game".

I played it for a few hours then dropped it.

Combat: doesn't actually exist. Click enemies, they get killed.

Character development: put all points into charisma and intelligence (otherwise no dialogue, and dialogue is 99% of the game). So: only 1 way to play (google how to distribute stats).

Loot and gear: not important.

Story: good and interesting.

This """game""" consists of walking around trying to find your way around a city and trying to find people/doors/objects/buildings and reading. Lots and lots and lots and lots of reading. Of course the devs were too poor to afford voice acting so most dialogue is mute.

That's right, you """play""" by reading and clicking one of the replies.

Luckily if you buy it from GOG you get the book for free, you're better off just reading that instead.

Nevermind all of the spells and abilities. Nevermind the resource and positioning management.

And this is wrong. You unlock conversation options from all attributes. And there's more than one time where you need to be uberemench focused on dexterity or strength for the optimal solutions to the situations. Hell, in some case, the optimal solution is simply to bash someone's head in before they're able to initiate dialogue.

You're just objectively wrong. If anything, loot and gear has more importance in PS:T than most cRPGs, as instead of just being a stat boost some hold significance to the world or the plot.

This is where you make it obvious it's bait.

And if you had done a lick of research you would know the novelization is inferior and lacks many elements of what makes the writing of PS:T good.

If I have to give them props for something is that you being a errand running bitch boy is solely on you.

I entered the valley like herr Flick promptly telling both armies they need to get their shit together or suffer. I played nice with the rebels until given a chance to backstab them, culminating with me kicking the rebel bitch from the tower ending their matriarchy forever. Then I threw a general with a message nailed to his ball telling both Archons to fuck off. And then I threw Ebb off.

The two fail-Archons died broken and begging for release, everything they love taken away. Removed the furries, the smith kikes and the mercs with extreme prejudice. The lawfag and the nigger bent their knees. Sirin is currently awaiting dlc expansion child bearing age

it's pretty much exactly what you would want if you're a CRPG fan:

-overly wordy to give you a sense of feeling smart
-leftist propaganda insertion to appeal to goons
-awful game play because lol tabletop isn't just for tabletop, boys :^)

the entire genre has been like this since the 90s, and that's when all the "classic" CRPGs have been made. If you liked fallout, baldur's gate 2, planescape torment, you are getting exactly what you would want with this shit. If you don't like it, stop pretending any of the other games were good.

Considering Holla Forums is always wrong this game must be awesome. Buying a copy now. Thanks for the shopping advice as usual.

Fallout 4 on switch, when?

Oh boy, yet another insecure fuck that takes personal offense as soon as a woman even appears on screen.
Go watch some animated yaoi, faggot.

I'm not surprised. If you can't even read a common language you certainly won't have the capability to make any plans.
Go back to 1/2ch where you belong, illiterate pig.

I second that. After few minutes of playing it was getting really tiresome. Planescape managed to blend weirdness stuff better to the point you can imagine people living in Sigil. Numenera is a classic example of 'everything is nothing' thought, randomness for randomness sake.

I don't agree. Effort seems like something that makes you conserve you points, but after a while you can just spent it however you like, especially after taking Edge and specializing companions in secondary Attributes (Might, Speed). You can also stockpile items which restore these points.
The whole combat/crisis system is shit, what is funny in few moments you even get respawning enemies which add to already slow as fuck combat. I recall only the one interesting Crisis - stealing the Codex sphere in Bloom. Even there they managed to fuck it up since you only had one guy doing skillchecks, while with the other one you just had to choose the longest dialogue options.
Besides, skillchecks. As with randomness, they are too many. I would prefer choice driven chain with few skillchecks here and there than doing 'put x effort' every few second. It cheapens the whole idea, even more with companions being able to help you. After a while you just activate shit without second thought, and your team acts like bunch of tanks, storing points you don't have.

Overall, the game is pretty boring, the whole 'I became Changing God to save my daughter' is not flesh out, neither are Tides. Boring villain and shitty ending degraded to a-b-c options.
Overall game is like something that you could expect from bunch of amateurs trying too hard to make some deep game, but I guess most money went to drain aka doing console port or something.

exactly, don't listen to the other Holla Forumsirgins, the game is great