Typing games

Why aren't there more typing games Holla Forums?

It's a genre that's sorely untapped on PC nowadays. I only tend to see them for shitty mobile devices.

The original Typing of the Dead and Typing of the Dead Overkill are strangely addictive to me and I love how satisfying it gets. Especially in the survival mode.

Other urls found in this thread:

zty.pe/
a.pomf.cat/kvlwro.mp4
holywowstudios.com/teachestyping/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the sad fact that average amount of people who can touch type can only type 35wpm.

Not bad, I love these types of games, it's fun to type stupid stuff fast as fuck to good music and cheesy VA.

Yeah that's what I want to play when I come home. Office simulator.

Typing of the Dead > Overkill

suffer like G did.

What user? You don't want to put your shitposting skills to work in a vidya game?

How is overkill anyways?
Is it case-sensitive or requires me to actually input spaces?

Nah it doesn't. Iirc the original ToTD doesn't have that.

Anyway it's just House of the Dead Overkill with Typing of the Dead gameplay. It doesn't include the tutorial/grading system of the original.

it does have minigames, like a survival mode and a few others. It also has functional online multiplayer.

My favorite aspect of TotD Overkill is it allows you to make your own dictionaries. Like here

Do you open the navy seals pasta in notelad and retype it manually?

MOVING ON THE GROUND, MOVING ON THE GROUND

You can use text files for dictionaries. The only condition is it needs to be formatted so items are on an individual line. So like

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me
you little bitch?
I’ll have you know

Same rules as the original, so no. The only thing I think it has over the first one is the custom dictionary.

Kek, forgot you can make your own custom dictionary in this game.

WHOA WHOA WHOA

No fucking way it's only 35 wpm. That is so slow holy shit

It's a pretty good novelty.

Yes that's the average. Be glad you're in the 100 zone. don't tell me you're not in the 100 zone or better

My typing style is "self-taught retard" and I'm still at 115 average

by the way that is 1998, when I'm pretty sure keyboards were the newfangled thingamajig in households thanks to internet

Yeah but no one has bothered to make a new study.

Computers were already a thing back in the 80s

To be fair most computers back in the 80s and 90s were seen as appliances you used for business. It wasn't til shit like AOL that computers started to explode in households everywhere.

Maybe in the US but home computer games for a time sold better than console games in Europe so if anything burgers were the retarded slow ones.

Typewriters also existed, I don't think the transition from a typewriter to a keyboard is too crazy

Had separate classes for each in my HS. Got banned from taking them or any other technical elective because I pissed off the administration by opting out of the retarded AP program they cobbled up by making students do EXTRA WORK instead of LEARNING MORE DIFFICULT MATERIAL.

Even Scrooge McDuck said "work smarter, not harder".

Actually Typing of the Dead Overkill does have a mode where you have to input spaces

It's referred to as "hardcore mode". You unlock it by beating the game. It makes it so that if you make a mistake it cycles to a new phrase you have to type in. And you have to type in spaces.

Only one I know of other than The Typing of the Dead is Sesame Street Fighter.

I can type fast if I get into it but I can't type without making typos every 5th character to save my life.

They taught typing and keyboarding separately?

That game is fun for like 5 minutes, then the gimmick gets old

I injured my right hand twice and only type with my index fingers. How the fuck am I supposed to have proper typing etiquette?

Then adapt and become as fast as you can with your index fingers.

I've been using computers for all my life and can type at best 60 WPM.

you put your wrists up to type fast

72 wpm 98% accuracy.

According to this thread, that makes you almost twice as fast as the average person.

hory shitto
I'm not used to the laptop keyboard, I swear!

drink bleach you literal retards

fugg i made one mistake

Crimsonland on PC has a typing mode too. Not as flashy as Typing of the Dead, but quicker and less expensive.

yeah, I feel so much better.
7180 is my second try without looking at the keyboard (the first try I didn't even look at the keyboard to try and correct my errors, but that resulted in a score of 0 WPM).
I never did learn to use the bumps on F and J, I just do it all from muscle memory and let Autocorrect do the rest.

It's also a bit on the bullshit side.
1) you have to unlock it first (sure if you there's a code to do that right from the get-go)
2) even if you type out the word correctly, your bullet might miss or not kill it at all.
I love Crimsonland for Blitz. All day erry day (still can't get higher than top 300, but most top players are just cheating russians with 99999999999999 score)

Those european and japanese computers were just glorified game consoles, not very different from those famiclones with keyboards.
Amiga and X68000 were the only ones that ever came close to being actual computers

This is fun!

Iirc the Famicom in Japan had an addon for a modem that was intended for businessmen to do their taxes with.

I miss lightgun games

At least i beat like 90% of the game on my old intel pc but it's still a damn shame, Varla Guns is pretty cool.

In Japan there was a sequel to Typing of the Dead that was based off the vanilla House of the Dead 3 game… Arcade-only, I think.

Anyone better than me is a tryhard faggot and anyone worse than me is a loser that can't type.

Great, now I want to reinstall Overkill but my keyboard is fucked and keeps giving me double letters. I had to type in the password to unlock my computer like five times today.

Typing random shit is just not fun.

Wasn't the original ToTD based on HoTD3?

I know Epistory exists. I haven't tried playing it, but it seems interesting.

I just tried playing that, and I keep getting interrupted in the middle of typing a word. Am I doing something wrong, or is that what's supposed to happen?

time limits and multiplayer make everything fun

So the Pajeet is coming in last
wew

Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure anyone on the NDS anyone? (It came bundled with its own bluetooth keyboard).

Nope, it was based on the second game.

What do you use, faggot?

If Time Crisis 5 can come out, then I have hope that House of the Dead 5 can as well.

Epistory seems neat.
Typefighters is another one, it's free and has multiplayer.
I also like this one, zty.pe/

I've posted this story before a bunch but, I learned to type on a typewriter and it has perma fucked my typing on a keyboard. Since I was a child and the typewriter was a manual, I had to type with just 2 fingers because the spacing of the keys combined with the force required to hit it. I still type using really only 5 fingers, every now and then I try to switch but I always fall back into my natural typing style without thinking.

Video related: a.pomf.cat/kvlwro.mp4

Are you fucking kidding me??

holywowstudios.com/teachestyping/

The fuck? I felt like a total loser for not being able to consistently get 130wpm.

Just typing letters in the game deals chip damage and has some hitsun, so if the opponent manages to get just one hit in that'll reset your entire counter.
Paradoxically, the best way to play is to just hold down the first letter of any word, since the constant chip damage adds up to more damage and less risk of counterattack than spelling out the entire word.