Do you think we will ever get a non-shit Warhammer 40k game ever again?

Do you think we will ever get a non-shit Warhammer 40k game ever again?

The quality of the product is relative to that of the source material

Of course.

It just ends up having to be smaller studios that actually give a fuck, like the guys that made BFG. I have no fucking clue what the Hell SegaRelic was thinking with DoW3

No because warhammer was never good.

BFG wasn't that good though, great cutscenes but the actual game was eh.

Also the answer to your question is Money.

I liked it. It wasn't as good as DoW1, but it was still a fun game, which is more than most 40k games can claim nowadays.

Only if the industry unfucks itself and good vidya get made again

what kills me is that there will never be an MMOFPS or MMORPG based on a fuckhuge battle like the War for Armageddon

Is Deathwing good yet?

it really seems like such an obvious concept…

That's what Eternal Crusade was meant to be, and that didn't turn out well.

that's because GW is really only handing out the rights to shitty indie studios that have no practical experience with developing major titles

Or to massive shitters like with DoW3

The problem with ET was a shit team that kept on pissing off devs that could have made the game better and then the publisher forced an incompetent team to release a game that was not even close to being done.

This tbh. The only half-decent RTS was DoW1 and it was actually just mediocre as RTSes go.

To be fair, Relic has a pretty good track record on paper with vCoH and DoW1 - the only really turned to shit in the past 5 years or so.

I think the suits at GW just have no idea about video games or how they are made. I'd also be willing to bet that some of the management there probably still fear video games because they view it as the medium that poses the greatest threat to their tabletop sales.

What they need to realize is affordable home 3D printing is going to slaughter their miniature sales, and at that point all they'll have left is the strength of the IP to carry them forward. If they don't start looking into other avenues for WH40k to expand into, they're going to sink.

I think part of the problem is that GW (presumably) demands high license costs so that more experienced developers and publishers give them a wide berth. Consequently, only mobile-tier indie studios and the like actually bother picking up the IP because they'll take anything so long as it brings money into their wallets.

In addition, GW has no fucking idea about gaming proper and thus pushes for fads that always are two years behind (cf. Dawn of Moba 3).

They should be more afraid of autists dropping 40k entirely due to GW shitting up the lore

wew

Not quite a week, but yeah it was a long time coming since the game itself still isn't complete.

It's only because the market is so shit right now.

Relic hit gold with DOW1, and now they are trying hardest to get good at it again.

the best part is that some people paid hundreds (or sometimes thousands) of dollars for super-duper-preorders back when it was still being billed as an MMOFPS

I don't recall there ever being an option to pay thousands and I followed the game quite closely in the beginning.

A lot of space marines chapters will go rogue/rebel due to the paranoia. I cant wait for Horus Heresy 2.0: Electric Bogaloo.

Mostly to do with the long and the repetitive campaign, and the game balance.

Also, the game lost potential with not having a short Damocles crusade campaign when the Tau were released.

GW sell license to fucking anyone these days.

Probably, seeing ((ever)) is an awful long time. But do you think Holla Forumse will ever get a non-shitposted to death Warhammer 40k thread ever again?

I had hope when the trailer first dropped but then after seeing the gameplay I could only cry into my hands.