Deep Sea Thread

Lets have a good ol' Deep Sea thread shall we?
Subnautica wasjust updated and Aquanox Deep Descent gameplay footage has been released.

Talk about Deep Sea games, post your ideas or even just webbums/images.

Lets keep it comfy

Wait, I thought this was canceled.

Now I've seen everything.

How new are you?

I bet this faggot didn't even play Archimedean Dynasty

Nope, did a Kickstarter to gauge interest and after that suceeded Nordic ponied up the cash for development

Anyone played after the new subnautica update? I know the cyclops is no longer invincible and has radar. How is it?

Just got Subnautica. How and when do I make a vehicle bay to make the Sea Moth?

explore. explore. swim and find wrecks and scan.

Protip: swim to the Aurora as fast as you can

I laffed.

Just use the wiki, there's no reason not to. Seamoth is important, but wait until you get either the power cell charger or moon pool, which will make the sub's power renewable.

They removed the reapers near the aurora ages ago my dude.

Barotrauma exists and Holla Forums should play it.

Oh fug I'm behind

Wasn't that made by the guys behind SCP CB?

talk about basics…
I'm surprised he didn't try to tell me how to use a mouse or what a Key-Board is.
Also, isn't getting backed by a published after being kickstarted an oxymoron? Wasn't there some other game that did this exact thing and pissed off a lot of people?

DO NOT ACTUALLY USE THE WIKI!
Just, like, play game.
I got my Seamoth about 3 hours in

Fiddly.

If the game was still on the old builds with fragments being strewn pretty much everywhere and only changing depending on the biome, I'd agree with you. As it stands you make no progress whatsoever until you've found a wreck which aren't exactly easy to find, so I don't.
Unless the coordinates sent by the comms unit now gives away wrecks instead of just broken lifepods and precursor bases, which would solve that problem.

It's still just lifepods, but wrecks aren't all that difficult to come by. The problem is finding the ones you want. Took me 20 hours to find Moonpool schematics
I still stand by my opinion on using any outside help while playing. It's best experienced by one's self, getting immersed no pun intended in the world.
I did myself the disservice by watching Vinny play it for a bit. Spoiled myself a lot of scares.

The only tip I think won't spoil anything is the fact that you can dive by yourself to pretty much any depth, while Seamoth will start popping at 200m.

I don't know man, while wanting to keep surprises fresh is a very valid point, looking up items and blueprints to save on tedium shouldn't work against that. Less than watching a LP would anyway.
To elaborate on the wrecks sytem, my basis for not liking it is as follows :
It didn't kill the game per se, but I certainly like it less.

Honest question:
Did you feel the same way during the first playthrough? Or did you start using guides from the get-go?