Holla Forums minetest server

New thread - fixed our broken shit edition

Holla Forums Serb
==Address: minetest.moe== (the old address, floorchan.org, still works too)
Port: 30000

New Mods
hold down e to sprint, will probably remove fast move from everyone because of this

we had some issues with the server but it shouldn't be nearly as laggy as before. Also expect crashes because some mods are still incompatible at certain times.

Other urls found in this thread:

minetest.net/downloads/
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17601
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop being a fag,OP. Link to the game.

minetest.net/downloads/

bamp

Good to see not everything is ded, getting back on to build my CCTV's and gonna dig me up some nukes

Ebin :DD :D

Run your restarting script as a cron job edition

minecraft > minetest

are you fucking kidding me?

what the fuck how did this happen?

rofl get fucked

Nice things, this is why we can't have them.

Whatever, server will probably be back, hopefully map's not fucked.
Tbh I can't see anyone other than microshit shills putting effort into doing this.

how did this happen?

And that's why you don't run things as root, kids

AMAZING

gtfo

good questions to be asked

Minetest:

the base game should be fairly bare and lightweight. adding too much shit to the normal base game bloat cucks it out of control just like minecraft. most features should be mods so that people can fully customize their experience.

I rather watch minetest grow into something even more beautiful than what it already is and do it FOR FREE, playing a non cucked game made by the community, for the community, rather than paying some corporate cancer.

We're not sorry that we dislike corporate bullshit that has been cucked into a mainstream neurotypical fairytale land with overpriced physical DLC meme toys in real life because the game is so shit that you need to quite and go buy a miniature plastic mushroom cow and styrofoam diamond sword in a toystore so you can pretend to have autism with your equally stupid friends who love throwing their money away.

do people really enjoy giving all their money away to a corporation for a cucked nightmare of a game while we play a free game that just keeps getting better?
if they love minecraft so much, why don't they go play that instead of messing around in a minetest thread?
if minecraft is so much fun, why do these people seem to hang around minetest threads shitting all over everything and spreading ill will when they could easily just be playing minecraft?

fuck corporations, we freedom now.
We're. Not. Sorry.

quote from some user
"But I love minetest and detest microsoft"
"It took me 30 seconds to find the website, download the client and join the server at 0 cost to me. Thats a pretty major advantage"

"when a game is bad, people shit all over it. when a game is very good, people have diarrhea hurricanes from the uttur butthurt of something so good daring to exist in a world of cancerous feces." -someone who isn't a cuck

God bless you all and God bless minetest

make minetest greater than it already is again!

How long until someone mods in Cubeworld gameplay (mainly combat)?

They`ll have to mod in a decent netcode first

I'm perfectly fine with PVE only.

You ran ssh with passwords instead of keys, didn't you?

user fucking respond to us we want updates

great job guys now im too scared to install minetest

Just don't stay logged in as root and you should be fine.

Here's what happened
When asked why he had a backdoor exe on his desktop, he said "good question"

that was just a virus/rootkit on the machine running the server, it didn't effect minetest itself or any of the clients connected to it. like I said about, the le ebin hackers were just using the machine to run a shitty bitcoin mining program, either because they knew it would kill the cpu or because they were interested in the $0.12 a day they could get out of it.

are you milk? or did milk give up on the serb?

I am Milk, of course

i have windows 10 :^)

Set your whole house on fire, change your name and move to some other country. You're fucked!

you've already have all your information out there and are easily targeted why do you even care?

so is the serb dead for real or can I still join?

it's down for now until the old admin fixes it

Sasuga Holla Forums

What are some good mods for SP in the meantime?

literally didn't read the thread and just making shit up.

I will admit my reading comprehension isn't the best, but isn't it basically "someone with root access ran a backdoor installer?"

we're back

Guns?

Stop.

No one wants you here. Go back to cuckchan.

I don't know user.

I think that you yourself may or may not be from here.

Very peculiar.

Guns?

I haven't seen minetest threads on cuckchan/vg/

t. cuckchan regular

read

Since adolf shitlerino destroyed my locked chests, I'm assuming destructive griefing is allowed?

tbh fam everyone's going at you. That fiasco with the nuclear waste made us sore.

The only person who has tried to destroy my stuff or KoS me is adolf

You're not wrong, but it's a little unfair to call it "admin incompetence" when I, the current admin, literally did nothing wrong. It wasn't something I could control.

There is a gun mod yes

Server is back up dudes
minetest.moe
port 30000

yeah blame me
t. old admin

lets build together

hey everybody makes mistakes. like having stupid friends I hope your relationship with them is okay. just got to tell them "hey don't do this again because it causes this" "oh shit sorry friend"

oh man just realized that the tnt trap thing was a jojo reference

I'll start playing minetest when we get something like mystcraft, matter overdrive or warpdrive.
when?

Not until someone implements dimensions / equivalent feature. It will be a pain to merge unless you have the blessings of the dev team because it is guaranteed to touch shitloads of stuff in the codebase, especially anything to do with positions or the map. You would also have to modify mapgen to refactor sets of mapgen parameters into their own manipulatable objects, but that could be added (incrementally) later, and would be easy compared to the main thing.

Could probably be modded in as minetest is, but without so many fancy visual effects. And why else would you use such a mod, other than OP power gen

"Maybe eventually someday", since support entities made out of voxels is something people consider would be good.

what are the differences between minetest and minecraft?

terrafirmacraft
tbh this game will likely never have ambitious modpacks full of content

plasma guns (I like the projectile effects and the smoke when they hit something), androids, item replication and scifi decorations

TFC is probably one of the good concepts in MC mods that could be reproduced faithfully in MT, but too bad probably nobody will care enough to write it

Why the fuck does minecraft use java…….. like java has shit performance compared to c++

Kill yourself you site crossing faggot.

if I kill myself how will I play with autismblocks: FOSS edition?

well i tried out minetest for a few secs and wow somehow it has better world generation and sideways blocks are a thing so u can make a log cabin. honestly why did minecraft world gen go to shit i might just switch to this also somehow the world is more fun to explore like theres actually dungeons and shit that feel bigger then a tiny little block room.

Tell him he's a fucking retard and here's what to do:
You do not ever try to fix an infected system. It's been tainted and not a single bit on the disk can be trusted. Throw it all away. Have some important data that needs saving? Tough shit, lrn2backup. If the mobo has uefi you probably wana hard reset the uefi flash, possibly reflash entirely. Then you run ssh with the normal security hardening, i.e. pubkeys, nonstandard port, no root login, no password login, setup fail2ban. In application space, each service should run as it's own unprivileged user with login disabled. The, as a last layer of defense, SELinux or Apparmor should be used.

sounds smart

Minecraft has better performance and content and mods.

Minetest is laggy and slow and unpolished and the entire game is based on the idea of "mods will fix it" even though all the mods are worse than Minecraft equivalents, but hey C++ am I right??????

Basically there's nothing Minecraft doesn't have or do better than Minetest, except for world height which a grad total of 3 people will actually utilize in practice. People play Minetest with mods and then compare it to vanilla Minecraft and act like Minetest is better.

List pros and cons of both you shill.

It's easier to just list the pros of Minetest. Here they are:
- it's free and open source
- bigger world height limit
- you can pretend that you're not playing Minecraft

Everything else is worse and I'm not joking or exaggerating. The base game is trash in comparison, the base mechanics are worse (weird floaty and imprecise movement etc), the performance is miles worse and has constant of frame drops, the mouse controls are worse in a way that I can't describe briefly, the mods are worse, the mods are GOING to be worse since some base functionality is missing from the game so every mod has to add their own version of it, there's less mods, the visuals and graphic options are worse, the texturepacks are worse.

Minetest could save itself by not trying so hard to be "Minecraft without any content" and instead being it's own game.

It's true and I wish it wasn't. I don't want to have to resort to Minecraft to have autistic fun, don't want to pay Microsoft and pirating such a popular game for multiplayer seems somewhat risky.

Ok, I'll try this tomorrow. But tell me, what mods do I need to get to play on the server?

none, mods are server side so you shouldn't have to do anything

Oh ok, thanks dude.

Do torches look kinda fucked for everyone else?

Camoyoshi's mom was the best sex I ever had.

depends on what you mean by "fucked up"

I mean they look like a transparent block with six flat torches attached to each face of the block.

what minetest version are you using?

Do torches look kinda fucked for everyone else?>>12475760

how do i equip armour
where can i find a list of items to craft

that's an old version

Newest stable version is 0.4.15.
You can download it at minetest.net/downloads/

?

Is everything better now or should I not bother downloading?

everything should work now

butthurt shills telling outright blatant lies LEL

don't mind me, just waiting for the next update

Jesus Christ, you're the retard OP of the old thread that was begging for a server, aren't you?

hello (90) or whatever your number was last thread

Hey what happened to the old server with the cardinal directions and nuclear reactor at spawn?

Is pvp disabled? I can't hurt anyone by punching with a sword

Why is there nothing at spawn and would people get upset if there was?

I hate when the spawn is in the middle of nowhere with nothing in it.

Literally because Notch was too much of a retard at the time of development.

lua controller has the same recipe as microcontroller…. wait, why the fuck everyone has the same id now?!

what?

in the thread

There was a glitch on Holla Forums yesterday, and it fucked up most of the older IDs.

Hit submit early by mistake. Look at other old threads like and ; It's all the same.

test

mine

Anonyma from 8 months ago here, you guys are starting up minetest again?

I hope faggots like FUNK aren't cheating up the server still.

I haven't seen any FUNKs or Xenos(s), or that other guy FUNK was pairing with. Biggest shithead on the server is me, I was zxcvb/Reimu on the previous serb

Petra was that other guy, pretty sure.

Is the server up ATM?

Yeah, it's at minetest.moe (port 30000). Alternative hostname is floorchan.us

I mean floorchan.org

Had a lot of fun tonight.

Glad we have a decent protection system this time around, Can actually have cities now.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?

you just need to cook normal iron, there are multiple recipes

bumping so more people join. we need some good active bros.

beware permutation

Any programmers on here wanna team up with me to make a good mob pack?

I'm a modeler, but I've yet to figure out how to port animated models in 3ds max over to minetest.

fuck off nibba

Pretty sure the base game has stuff missing so you can mix and match features of minecraft you like, and forget the ones you don't.

Hate hunger and stamina? Don't add them.

HAHAHAHAHAAH…

congrats you are one too
fucking LOL. all you have to do is recreate the filesystem(s).

You can use blender models directly, something to consider.

jesus fucking christ. i took a look at the minetest source code and it is waaaaaay worse than i expected. hundreds of thousands of lines of badly written c++ spaghetti code.
im going to rewrite it in rust. it is going to be a small and simple program that will be blazingly fast and utilizes fearless concurrency.
my dick actually got semi-hard writing that. this shit is going to be so fucking rad!

Do the helicopters despawn over time? I had one the other day but now its gone.

meme cat

Vex?

It's pretty bad, not uncommon though for game code to turn into a big mushy ball of C++

Yeah, thats me. I made one but the next time I came on it poofed on me

Finally getting the hang of the tech stuff, gonna work on expanding my base sooner or later.

it is true though. minetest is a big pile of unmaintainable sepples shit.
i am going to rewrite it in beautiful rust. i have over two years of experience in rust. i know my shit.

Even when the bait is painfully obvious, there will be an user to reply to it.

wtf did you just say? i am a programmer with over 2 years of experience with rust. rustcraft will be a fucking masterpiece.

server dead?

we suffered a minor hard drive failure and the /boot partition was lost

Are you doing backups?

And you've replaced the hard drive now right?

i plan to back it up right now, as for the hard drive , i am contacting my hosting.

You should do regular backups for this sort of thing. Maybe backup the server once a day and keep the last three days? (In case a hardware failure isn't found until after a backup)

wow whoever is running the server is a fucking retard. seems like i have ti idiotproof rustcraft. i will make the multiplayer a hybrid of p2p and authorative server. that way every player can have easily a full backup of the world.

I don't think you understand fully what it is you are implying

i dont think you have over 2 years of experience in rust. i dont think you have 7 years of experience in c++. i dont think you have written a compiler.

giving every client a copy of the server map database and syncing it in real time effectively squares the processing time for writing to the database when a block is placed. Probably wouldn't be good for efficiency.

Also I don't see how anything you could do with your hypothetical rust engine would prevent hard drives from failing, but maybe with you super secret compiler knowledge you can somehow improve the reliability of hardware.

bump

It's nice to pop in every now and then and do some mining. feels smooth. feels nice.

except the server died and there is an empty new world up right now

And no mods are loaded either

dude do you have a masters in cs? i know what im talking about. im not some blue haired webdev faggot. i wrote a fucking compiler.
rustcraft will have a p2p/authorative server hybrid. you still connect to a server which you sent all you shit to and that server than sends all the shit to all connected players. but the clients aren't only connected to the server but also to each other. the clients send each other what they have of the world, verified by cryptography. simple stuff. this comes only at a versy small cost to the server and long playing people have all of the map so when the server admin fucks up, your autism isnt lost.
fucking kill yourself. i've already begun working on it and im making good progress.
wtf? i never said anything like that.

people grief sandbox games

okay shills I believe you.

when will the server be fixed?

#selfie

memer begone

Are you able to connect?

serb is back up

at least mods fix the game, unlike minetest? :^)

Serb down again I guess.

:(

Minetest has quality mods

Milk, update worldedit or you wil have this exploit too

TBH the only unforgivable failing in MC development was lack of mod API, leading to the clusterfuck of drama and versioning hell that is forge mods.

Everything else is content gripes and wouldn't have mattered because officially sorted modding

Milk can you drop the mod folder you got for the server, I wanna add those to my singleplayer mode, but when I try adding in mods it disables half of them due to some error of unallowed character

forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17601

Is the server down?

Why is he so perfect?~~