Diablo 2

any of u still play this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/maSFi
diablo1.ovh.org/hd/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump fags

Its really old and clunky. Torchlight 2 is better.

dunno mang, it's fun

Fun is subjective.

your mom is an object

Get a load of this pleb.

This is the third thread about D2 this week m8

anybody in here up to do a HC run? would be nice to get a group going

Fun is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why the game is good, don't use it

Torchlight 2 is trash-tier.

yea, fun is not important at all either, right? it's all about that thinking

what about path of exile? better than d2?

yeah, i play a little when i'm a little tired of PoE. I don't do ladder though, just singleplayer shit.

I tried recently and just cannot get past 25 fps cap.
Will jewzzard ever update it I wonder?

Well, gotta check if those D2 modders are getting work, if Starcraft Remastered is anything to go by and everyone who worked on Diablo 1 and 2 are long gone, they'll hire modders to fix it.

If hosting a private server wasn't a pain the ass, I'd probably be playing it right now.

Somewhat. There's definitely better build variety, but the individual builds are overall less interesting than what you can create in D2. On the other hand, the amount of builds that are "viable" (can clear all but the top 5% of content) with self-found gear is enormous compared to D2 which really does require heavy trading, preferably through JSP. For trading, the currency system is leagues above D2, and allows maximum flexibility in how you grind (and like D2, grinding is what you'll be doing most of the time).

Gameplay wise, I think PoE is slightly better. UI, PoE hands down; it's so much more functional it's ridiculous. Replayability, I think it's a wash, since I don't think I'll ever get tired of playing either of them, and they're different enough that I can bounce between them without sharing the same burnout.

The 25fps cap is only in SP.

PoE's good, I don't know about better.

I googled around and barely anyone is concerned with this issue. Fuck.

Naturally I tried to run local MP and while frame counter shows 60, game remains jerky as fuck, even worse than in SP since it occasionally jerks back and forth trying to synchronize internal fps with refresh rate.

Almost everything is tied to fps. You're stuck with 25.

It's a decent game, but everything looks like plastic. Also act 1 and 2 look like shit compared to 3 and 4.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned blizzard. It's not like you can mod it out without source code.

Finished it (I think*) for the first time ever recently (usually dropped it on coming to second town). Played as guy that summons wolves or whatever (druid?). Was bretty gud.

*I didn't bother to play LoD, didn't appreciate the beginning.

Modders are actually just now finding ways to get around certain things, like the 138 area limit. Also they are adding auto gold pickup. Maybe soon we can find some way to get better fps. It's still one of my favorite games despite the 25fps cap.

RIP

Seems pretty smooth to me, especially at 1920x1080.

Yeah the art design and mythology are both a little incoherent. It's the main thing D2 has over PoE, I think.

I mean I played it for hundred of hours 10+ years ago, I still believe it's the best game in its own genre.
I just can't fucking go back, when even nes and genesis games run at 60.

Good for you.

Glad I'm not you, faggot. Stay bitter.

I'm not sure you quite figured who of us mad here.

When PoE first announced the grid I thought it was neat, but I'd prefer a tighter grid with less points and stats on level up. I also don't like health being tied to melee damage.

Certainly the fag admitting that he can no longer enjoy games he loved and dumped hundreds of hours into because of arbitrary things that never bothered him before, and then being upset that there are no mods to fix this non-issue.

any of u still play this shit?
Nuf said !

It's a quality of life thing, once you tasted it you can't live without it. Basic shit like electricity and internet is that.
Are you by any chance console player? It's a huge issue. I could play it before because I didn't know better. Now that I got used to playing at 60 fps, I can't play at anything below that.
I know people that went 144, and 60 is unplayable for them as well.

Yeah. I'm playing co-op with my buddy. We started our characters yesterday.

Does this game work on modern systems without problems?

Torchlight 2 is one of the shittiest games design-wise that I have ever played.

Better question you should be asking is when we get source code, or a fan reverse engineering like OpenMW.

I'll play it with you senpai!

nice dick I am not a cute boy however.
I always try to get back into D2, but i end up losing interest.

I'm playing D1 with the modded UI similar to one from D2.

are u cute?
kik: B4nz4iBoi

My biggest problem with Diablo II is that I can get up to a boss, no problem, but then the boss wipes the floor with me. Usually I don't manage to get further than Duriel before the game requires me to go grind EXP to buy stats and skills or hope for good random drops. It really kills the fun for me, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if that's simply how the game was meant to be.

They already "fixed" Diablo II along with Warcraft III last year. I put it in quotation marks because all they did was update compatibility with modern versions of Windows and macOS, nothing else.

You sound kinda desperate user…
I can't show you pictures [/spoiler]coz I have a bf[/spoiler] but I'll play diablo 2 with you.

actually I don't care what u look like, I care more about ur cuteness level of behavior, if u nomsayin

i need to install the game first tho, I just tried with these old cds of mine that I got but itkinda failed lol and all the cd swapping is such a hassle

nvm it works anyway

I'd like to get a small group going mb we can do hardcore run on hell

Druid is the character added in LoD.

Assassin as well

boo said he would play with me then doesn't react

Have you not seen the retarded bullshit you can do in PoE?

They're not really tied together so much as they both get small benefits from the same primary stat.

Sucks to be you.

Multiplayer allows 60fps and beyond cursor, but in multiplayer buying potions is insanely slow. It's not worth it if you're just playing by yourself.
I don't know why Blizzard doesn't patch it so the framerate isn't locked to 25 in single player.

i wish path of exile's gear wasn't so goddamn complicated. it's a way better game than D3, but it's so hard for me once I reach the third difficulty to figure out what gear I should be wearing.

Median xl faggot

We showing off our saves now?

Poison resistance.
o
i
s
o
n

r
e
s
i
s
t
a
n
c
e

I tried playing this game for a while, but it gets really boring after getting past the first level.

Also going from kind of gritty outpost to a generic desert/Arabia city ruined the atmosphere. I mean what's next? The underwater level?

I still play it.
Rolling with a bow assassin now

「D2SE v2.3 NEVER EVER」

Close, the jungle level.

The Aztec Jungle level
And then
HELL
And then some Barbarian Tundra
And then a cow farm

Am I the only one who thinks the amazon is the best character?

bowazon and javazon are both such lit builds

I fucking hate act 3. At least people figured out a way to read the map in that godforsaken jungle, so you're not aimlessly wandering.

She's a good character indeed, but I think the Assassin is funnier.
You can have a Hell viable pure physical, pure caster, or hybrid character. besides, her supporting skills are overpowered as fuck

I get you. I normally don't mind it a lot, but going through it with no area of effect skills is suffering.
The sweet loot from the Travincal Council and Mephisto (as the High Rune encouner rates in lower kurast) are worth it, though

somehow the druid and the assassin never appealed me

I like the druid, but I think it's really gimped in melee combat compared to other classes. Also, not being able to have a summon army was a very dumb decision. Why I can't have 10 wolves, 20 crows AND a fucking bear? WHY?

Once you get to Kurast it gets better, but then you have to go down in to the SEWERS.
The MASSIVE sewers. With a random entrance to the second level, so if you're really unlucky it's the last place you look.

Gearing's pretty much the same as D2.

Priorities for a life build:

Priorities for an energy shield build:

I usually play with "/players 8" enabled, so by the time I get to the sewers/Travincal I'm already at level 30, so it's not too much of a suffering.

I find it more difficult/boring to find the other Kalim's body parts throughout the Jungle

Even Kurast sewers aren't as bland and unappealing as act 5 tho. One of the main reasons I almost haven't played LoD.

Best of its genre to this day. Diablo 1 is second best.
I replay it pretty often.

I wish this game had as much mod support for custom classes as Torchlight 2 has. Replaying vanilla with some custom classes could be fun as fuck

"Freeablo" 2 when?

Never thought of Act 5 as bland, but by that point I'm either teleporting a lot or moving really fast due to being a decent level. When I first played LoD, I really enjoyed Act 5.
The sewers are dark, narrow, and large, and you have those stupid bone fetish enemies that explode, too.

I was thinking of forking Freeablo, but I was thinking it was too rough or not as reuseable for Diablo II.

It's understandable, since Freeablo is still on early stages. Also I think Diablo 1 & 2 differ a lot in style, the former being more of a modern Dungeon Crawler, and the latter being more of an Action RPG.

Both are great though.

Reminds me how of Sorceress tends to move around in v1.0 by the time of fourth Act.

I remember glitches like that happening very rarely when I played. I remember seeing act 2 Blood Hawk nests in a champion group one time, and needing to chew through hundreds of the flying fucking rate just to get to them. Shit was fun, I need to see if I can find the screenshot again. It could have happened on my last computer.

For as much random generation as D2 had, it was very sturdy. It was almost shocking when I ran into a glitch, unlike today's shirty AAA games.

I'll play it after I play and finish Diablo 1.

It really corrected rats and shit. Technology today is designed for plebs. Sage for oldfagging.

I just think this is a nice-looking game that takes good screenshots.

Nice game, nerdos. The first Diablo was better.

No you're not. Also, this isn't an issue in hardcore mode.

not with you fag lol

Diablo 2 does some strange things, but rarely.
I've never seen this more than once, and I didn't even know it could happen. Baal just didn't stop spawning them after he left.

Now I do love D2, and indeed I go back to it often, but I do find it strange how many threads we've had on it in the past few days.
makes me kinda suspicious.
But I'm sure it's just Holla Forums actually playing games and not somebody trying to drum up good will for blizzard right before the release of a popular D2 class being released on D3 r-right?

It's ok, but doesn't cover every case.
When I was playing an assassin and got to Ancients, I realized what was crashing the game was specifically Cloak of Shadows. I think I gave it a try again, for 1.14 it still happened.
Diablo II runs like shit on my computer for some reason, even with Glide. It's 60 fps at first (multiplayer), then it degrades to like 18 fps.

I tend to be around Diablo II threads, and I posted my character list before

back in the Donkey Kong server threads.

I for one welcome Diablo shills if they only talk about the old games that were actually good and give me a cause to read through nostalgic shit about them, even if it triggers me that I can't play the fucking game myself anymore because my display is too big, the game's AI is bounded to a tiny resolution, and windowed mode is agonizing.

Also I just asked my friend.
So my friend running Linux, using Wine, on a laptop that has half the cpu cores, half the cpu clock speed, no GPU, twice the age, runs the game better. Meanwhile on my Windows PC that runs modern games, I have to close out the game every now and then for 60 fps.

Decrease your desktop resolution (1280x720 is good enough) plus windowed mode is what's best, if you don't have a CRT.

Any Windows past 7 is a mistake.

I've moved on to Diablo 3.
Because i'm not an autist man child sadly trying to recapture my childhood.

There are more people that play D2 than D3.

Are there some nice mods for Diablo 2?
I've tried Median XL but I don't like it so much. It looks like too much shit cramped into a game.

I just want a mostly vanilla experience with some more area, items and better chance to find shit.

Instead you're an autist man child sadly trying to look like an adult on a fucking videogames imageboard.

Aztec? I thought it was supposed to be angkor wat/poo in loo hybrid since the people in town ere indian (hratli)

bump this shit

They'll never make a D2 remaster, coz then even their Blizzcuck D3 fanboys will abandon it for D2,

Deep down I know, that right now, that is the case.

wew

Would the Blizzcucks that played D3 first switch to an older game though? I doubt it.

Wow, that card's called "Pot of Greed". It lets you draw two more cards!

Windowed mode is fucking gross, no thanks. The resolution thing works though, god damn is it something before you get in-game.

t. 55 inch 4k television for a monitor

What's the issue with D2SE v2.3?

Just beat hell solo with all 7 characters.

In terms of "fun"

Necromancer > Sorceress > Assassin > Amazon > Druid > Barbarian > Paladin

Necromancer in particular was absolutely fucking amazing. Paladin turned into an horrible slog.

post builds.

Which one? I don't want to write them all out

just what abilities/synergies/gear you used, I don't want to read an essay either.

Single player solo, so my gear was garbage; I don't think I found anything higher than a lem rune and total gear on any character never gave me more than +6 or so to all skills.

I made a point not to look at or use build recommendations. Being able to respec was very helpful.

Necromancer is the most fun I've had in an ARPG. Basically just rocked skeletons. Felt like I was role playing Sandro from HOMM3.

Fan made HD D2?

Nigger, Diablo is 2D. Every 2D, sprite game had fps limitations. especially top down games like RTSs. You know why? Because putting extra frames does jack shit if the animations are capped.

Well, fuck you user, you made me try it out. Now i don't know how i will finish my backlog.

neat

Wouldn't it be possible to interpolate frames somehow?

Diablo 2 looks better

And dropped.

Looks decent, could see some improvement in a few areas.

No thanks, I'm not a faggot

Its my favourite game of the genre.
But I just always get bored around act 3.

There's ways to enable MP drops for singleplayer, they're not hard to find if you snoop around the web for a little while. Necromancer is absolutely my favourite class. Rocking a squad of skeletons while spamming bone spears and exploding corpses is god damn amazing fun.

Understandable. Act 3 is the worst act. It's worth it to power through and beat the rest of the game.

The problem is the cursor movement is 25fps. Eventually you get over it, but it'd be nice if it was uncapped.

HOW TO HOST A PRIVATE SERVER
archive.fo/maSFi
archive.fo/maSFi
archive.fo/maSFi

We've had 3 of those an they've all died from a lack of players even with cheats being acceptable

rip Holla Forumsnet

I tried but I can't pay for the server anymore.

Write them all, you fucking fag
please, I would want to know how did you beat the game with barbarian, sorceress or druid

Which build did you use for him?

You guys mean the mod Path of Diablo right? How could you play this shit heap?

Damn rivers with Fetishs attacking you with darts on the other side…

It's easy with a necro. You just summon a fire golem next to them, then throw a curse or two.

No matter what class, by nightmare you already have a way to deal with them
However in the first difficulty run through you get fucked extra hard, and you're normally under level 20 at this point in time

I hate this fucking game for being so addictive. Its like cookie clicker tier addictive. I can't play anything else for shit.

D1 but unmodded? It's hard on the eyes without vid related..

I like the game because of the items and classes. I want to have a list of matriarchs and patriarchs for all classes, then some extra builds or hardcores if I particularly like one.

Reminds me of a mob I once met. Sadly I don't have that screenshot anymore, but apparently I wasn't the only one who got this.

any of u got a torrent for this shit?

Even if the first difficulty you can have at least the clay golem (the basic blood golem was quite risky to use).

Ya'll niggers seen this mod for D1?
diablo1.ovh.org/hd/
Any opinions?

been playing it recently, very good
adds some quality of life shit from d2, playable resolutions, tweaks warrior and rogue to not be useless trash and adds a ton of stuff

Diablo2 mod where you can get female druids/necros/pals?

Yeah, was, but blood golems don't damage you if they get hit anymore. Also by act 3 you should have an act 2 mercenary tagging along for his aura and to help make the first kills.

Warrior and Rogue were always viable, it's just that the Sorceror is so brutally overpowered in comparison. Magic in general actually, all 3 benefit strongly from some spells.

Jesus.

Mmmm
Ginger barbs

Legend has it your computer gets possessed when you download the game

y r u so mad?

Looks like Cara Delevingne.

Every time the nostalgia kicks in and I reinstall this game I always burn out pretty quickly. It's a combo of playing it too much back in the day and having now played path of exile. PoE just has too many quality of life improvements, going back to D2 is physically painful.

Still keeps a special place in my heart though. Sound effects like the sound a gem makes when it drops or the little HOOAH sound when a might aura activates will take me back in an instant.

Should I pirate this or what?

Why would you play this old shit when there is Diablo 3 with better graphics, more deeper story and better items

Great game, but my autism forces me to explore every nook and cranny of the bland RNG maps and turns it into a slog, which is why Grim Dawn is my preferred ARPG timesink.
"It's not you, babe, it's me." and all that jazz.

it is bad but not that bad. bones do not sit perfectly in the centre of the muscle unless your knees bend backwards and need the extra muscle to do so. The thigh bone also goes outwards as it goes up.

Diablo 1 was fucking god tier. the way you could go dungeon crawling and build your way to the end boss was amazing.

Agreed. I preferred that format to Diablo 2. Diablo 2 was great in having a Nightmare and Hell mode, but I'd prefer it if the game was just 3x as long and became that hard normally.

However, the game was way too short. I'd love it if the following could be done:

That would be awesome, or an alternative format.
levels the about the size of diablo, but multiple towns, each with a different evil to be defeated in your quest. maybe a cave or two in the wilderness. probably some merchants that follow you around in a caravan because you haul out the good shit.

The only logical thing it could be is she's twisting her legs inward while also slightly kneeling. Not very comfortable.

Are there any good Diablo ONE clones? There's dozens of clones for Diablo 2, and all those newer games based on it.

I've looked, there are none. I mean I liked diablo 2 but 1 had some fucking balls. The atmospheric soundtrack alone was 10/10

wait I just remembered, there was this one game, I think it was called Fate, had this shitty cartoon style. but it had a lot of the same gameplay elements. levels essentially went on forever.

Sounds like disgaea 5 item world.

Maybe divine divinity as well?

Enter the Gungeon is very close to first diablo's layout of things. One town, one big ass dungeon.

FATE: The Cursed King was forth game in that series. Because its fucking hard to google the word "FATE" alone.

>indie
>flavor of the month week day hour game
b8 or not you have to a long walk off a short pier

People who liked binding of isaac loved that game too.
Also this is diablo thread, diablo by default is roguelite.

I 100%'d all of Isaac including the last shitty cashgrab and found Enter the Gungeon to be cute but not fun at all.

Seconded. Game takes way too fucking long to get going and so many of the guns are bland and samey.

Yea I tried it and it's really good. Sorcerer seems veeeery squishy in the beginning though.

Nice.

There's an user in /agdg/ working on a Diablo clone I think. He did it for a jam but is going to expand it last I heard.

So, how's diablo 3? On every fucking discussion on the internet, including trackers and youtube comments of diablo-like games, there's always a fucker who says diablo 3 is better.

Uh not better then diablo 2. Better then people make it out to be in it's current iteration.

theres probably a lot of residual ire toward it from release, such as the auction house and no mod policy, which perhaps stemmed from the auction house. in the first place.

what has changed?

Shit got casual as fuck. They went from "lol Inferno 20x more difficult than Hell" to "Get your free class set with max level!"

Diablo 3 is fucking awful and there is nothing redeeming about it, all the 'good' aspects about it are merely passable.

If you want to get a modern diablo 2 fix just play Path of Exile, at least that shit is free.
Though I'd wait until PoE 3.0 drops

That's honestly not bad of a design, looks like a Vampire the Masquerade character.

bad, WoW`s softcore raiding drop system kind of bad

Meta is restricted as fuck, seasonal sets make some kind of builds way more effective than others, giving no incentive to actually go out and experiment, drop % is rigged as fuck desgined to give you a piece after X ours played, similar to new WoW`s legendary drop system.

yeah

Let me explain something, my dear old dad played Diablo 2 endlessly. He bought Diablo 3 and didn't even finish normal. It was that bad.

Only till you get the mana shield. Poison enchanted bosses are still a bitch for any character.

no

D3>PoE is a Path of Exile Global 1 meme.

Everyone knows D3 is garbage, if you go on the D3 forums right now even their own players dislike the game. Blizzcucks are just so fucking loyal that they still play the game anyways hoping that it'll get better coz of Blizzards "quality customer focus".

No one has ever said that…

Andariel is weak to fire? lol

Bout to try finish this shit again. Maybe I'll get past the desert this time.

I'm playing through it right now for the first time and I'm at the beginning of Act 3 (fuck this jungle holy shit). While it's enjoyable, I'm finding the formula of "get to an area - walk around - kill 3 types of enemies for about 5000 times" quite tedious. I think I'm gonna end up liking 1 more than 2