Little Nightmares

You guys played Little Nightmares yet? It's a great looking and feeling puzzle-platformer. Lots of people compare it with Inside but with a lot more polish and actually being pretty creepy. It's on GoG as well, so I'm sure they're a torrent around for it somewhere.

Is this what a shill looks like?

I just watched ManlyBadassHero play it, and it's pretty nice, although I don't really feel the need to play it myself now.

It's another Inside, which isn't a bad thing, but yeah.

Die shill, you don't belong in this world!

I just torrented it and it's pretty bad

If you want an actually good game like this play pic related. Possibly the best use of Unity I've seen. Actual good storytelling, movement feels fluid as fuck and has good puzzles.

Little Nightmares is just trying to ape it off

good visual storytelling*

I can tell what's it about from that image alone.
It got old like 20 years ago.

Not a shill. Just finished the game an hour or so ago and it was really fun for me.

I'll get around to it, came with LN on GoG with preorder.

I don't get it.

really nigger

Post the magnet, faggot

I didn't play inside because denuvo but I was expecting more of a walking simulator than what I got with little nightmares. It's enough of a platformer to keep things interesting so the good aesthetic isn't all there is to it. Way too short for the insane asking price of 20€ though.

:^)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:85454bb2c8e27a87b90b574bb9304fbaec53ef69&dn=Little.Nightmares-CODEX&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337%2fannounce

Not surprised, I haven't played Little Nightmares but I am sure as fuck it can't be any more barebones than Inside. This video has been posted many times in response to shills like you and the guy is right his review is spot on.

you mean like how inside apes limbo without adding anything to the story, oh it is a "spiritual successor"

fuck that game, and fuck those pretentious cunts. they tricked me into buying Limbo, and I ain't falling for their shit a second time

no, I don't get it. that seems stupid and takes away from the creepyness

Looks gay as fuck.

is this a shill thread?

Are you bumping shill thread?

i havent even played this game but sage-negated because fuck you, Holla Forums is for videogames

Shilling is not video games.
Kill yourself.

This game is under 2 hours long, according to that ManlyBadassHero faggot's playthrough. Nice fucking "game" OP!

It was interesting but 20 dollars for a 2-4 hour game just doesn't do it for me.
At least games like inside or limbo had puzzles that are complex enough to drag out the playtime to the bare minimum of what you expect out of a game, the "puzzles" in this game were just way too simplistic to get stuck on for long.
The game looked and felt really good though so its just a shame that it was so short, it would top both limbo and inside if it had a little more meat on its bones.

She has a face, it's just obscured.

Daily reminder.

I'd say this is the first time I've seen someone try to sell a tech demo as a full video game but I'm sure it's been done before already.

Rise and shine.
I beat it in under 2 hours and successfully refunded.

This happens all the time. FFXV most recently, for instance.

Did you people actually play inside?

Gee, lemme guess, is it because you actually haven't touched the game and need someone else's already widely accepted opinion to speak for you?

Inside is a good, solid platformer. It expands on Limbo by actually having solid movement and beautiful levels. Even without counting the whole story stuff it's still an incredibly solid game.

I watched a playthrough on Youtube which showed literally everything to the game. It's simple platforming, mostly braindead puzzles, and a 2deep4u nonsense plot that doesn't mean anything so the game is just a sequence of tedious things happening for the sake of tedious things happening while pretending it knows what it's doing.

It's actually a good argument for story in video games: if you have no coherent story for a setting but pretend you have one anyway, everything turns into a mish-mash of pointless bullshit with no rhyme or reason. Either have something comprehensible or have literally nothing at all.

That's all I needed to know, thanks.

Shit, I was wondering why I always had this nagging feeling of disappointment while playing bloodborne and this might be part of the reason why. It's just forthcoming enough with its story and themes that you can't go through the world not knowing or caring about the plot like dork souls; and yet it's just as vague and speculation based. So in the end it needs a much more definitive payoff than normal and never quite delivers.
Sage for extremely offtopic.

You're welcome, I recommend everyone watch the game on Youtube, to save themselves time and effort doing shitty puzzles via trial-and-error gameplay.

What are you talking about? Story in both DS and BB is that you go around killing shit to save your ass from the curse/disease.
Everything else is just lore.

That would be true except the endings always go maximum LORE so you never get to save your ass from the curse/disease in a satisfactory manner and the only way to understand what even happens to you is to dig around the lore and speculate out your ass.

The start of Bloodborne is simple enough–werewolves, hunters, shit's fucked–but by the time everything starts doing Dagon on you, it just gets obtuse.

Yeah and the lore is presented much more prominently. Shiny lore notes, alfred outright telling you shit, micolash. My point is that you can't miss the basic gist of BB's world, but the rest of it is stuck in "ha ha, figure it out, suckers" mode.

You can become dark fucking lord of the world, essentially going Dracula in both DS1 and DS3. If that's not satisfactory, I dunno what is.

True, but you still don't get uncursed. Becoming dark lord of the world is just making the best of it.

I played a demo at a con last year and while it was fun seems like they forgot to finish the game for release.
Atleast it isnt full priced but will probably pirate anyway

What is there to gain from playing it? If the focus of the game is on the story, then what makes a Youtube video any worse than actually playing it?

If you haven't played a game you have absolutely no grounds to speak as to whether it's good or bad.
The focus of the game isn't the story, I don't know how anybody would get that impression.

Just don't do that, it's possibly one of the most retarded things anybody that actually cares about games could do. I mean shit even playing bad games is important to understanding why other games are good. You're doing yourself a disservice and limiting your knowledge of good game design by refusing to play games and judging them by their cover.

This game was just barely above a walking simulator.

Little Nightmares?
Yeah agreed.

I finally just did the Walking Dead seasons for myself so I'm going to see how this stacks up as a non-game.

I guess some faggots can't live without some dork doing commentary over their video games for them anymore. Jesus Christ, you're already watching someone "play" the shit for you, at least form your own fucking thoughts.

This.
The YouTuber also has the decency to crop multiple attempts to make it entertaining to you.

You faggots are absolutely repulsive, at least suffer through an actual play through.

As you mightn not know, the first and foremost thing to any game is how the game plays. Yes, stories are important, but if you have not experienced the gameplay, go fuck yourself with a dirty sock.

I think I want to do that for this game, however I see nothing bad in watching playthroughs of shit like Outlast Ii

If you don't find the game interesting don't play it, nobody's forcing you to.
But at least don't go online and say it's shit. That's the least you could do to make this board less trash than it already is.

Hang on, you're saying Outlast II is good?

I don't know, I haven't played it.

What a crazy greentext user, really showed me with that witty comparison

I also don't like horror games in general so I doubt I'd enjoy it much, but that's besides the point

Watching somebody playing is more than enough to determine whether the core gameplay is good or not.
Unless you have brain damage that is.

I'm honestly not sure if you're trying to bait me or not

I mean you can't possibly be serious right?

Brain damage it is then.

Oh wow you weren't joking

If you're such a noob you can't deduce the quality of a game with a gameplay trailer you need to play more vidya

Don't encourage him to post another reaction fa
Oh shit.

Oh come on this has to be sarcasm

probably some dude that saw it advertised to him on steam for 33% off

you are either a brain damaged retard or autistic

or maybe both

Glad we could get this out of the way

so which is it faggot

I'm in love with you, user, that's what it is okay???

you can tell a lot about a game from a few minutes of gameplay vid
I realized Dreadnaught was slow ASSFAGGOTS from just a few minutes of that gameplay demonstation

so autistic

It ain't that hard nigga, anyone who's gone through the PS2 library can spot a turd on the first five minutes of a gameplay trailer
Fighting games are an ecception, Street Figther V for example, it looks competent in the trailer it's only when you pick the control that you can really taste the bullshit, but most other games are fucking easy to tell when they are nothing but a generic mediocre turd

meant for

I mean you're just completely wrong.
Trailers have never represented a final game, if you believe a cinematic trailer says anything about how a game plays then I fear it might be too late for you. Even gameplay trailers are not that good at representing a final product these days.

That's it really. I'm sorry you're so stupid.

trailers represent what the game will be or worse

Sure.
And cover art does the same.

That's why ICO is such a piece of shit game I guess.

He was obviously talking about gameplay trailer, but yeah trailer only show the best parts.
That's why watching somebody playing it is more informative.
But come the fuck on, if you watch guy playing skyrim for 20 minutes, won't you know for sure that it's fucking shit? You will.

you just went full retard
A trailer is suposed to persuade you to buy the game by showing you what it's made of
A game cover is suposed to inform you what the disk you are looking at contains before you pop it into a console

I don't really have many other ways to say this but no.
Watching a video isn't the same as playing the game.

that's not even the real cover, real cover looks like fine art which describes the game aptly
games != art tho

but it can give you a good idea about it you fucking moron

I know. That's why the game is good in Japan and Europe but bad in America

differing values, americans can't appreciate high art

so you are telling me you are incapable of understanding how a game works with out playing it?
Watching playthorughs don't tell me anything about JRPG cus those are games where i like to grind and follow the story, but other types of games based around mechanics are a differet story, i watched a skyrim gameplay and i saw a shitty openworld FPS with leveling and crafting it wasn't hard to determine i wouldn't have liked that

Just to be THAT guy, I believe neither of you are wrong, your declarations aren't mutually exclusive.

Trailers can show if the game is shit with a certain probability (because trailers can be bad too), for example pic related, but only by playing it would you know HOW shitty it is, and don't know, maybe you find something good in amidst of the shit. But seriously if you aren't a game dev or a serious critic I don't see any reason to do this.

bad trailers make me cry like an anime fan on prom day

Refer to the picture then.

I didn't know reaction images were arguments

i salute brave anons like you who go through hell and take the bullets so that we don't have to

Oh wow a comic
That sure showed me huh

I'm the dude from before, not connected to wifi

Go shove a pike up your ass 37f876, the gameplay looked like shit and it looked like the 2deep4you garbage that usually comes out at the end of the summer every year, but I was tricked by people I normally trust and niggers like you into paying money for it luckily at a discount. Trusting trailers would have saved me time and money, go fuck yourself for trying to tell people that they shouldn't make purchasing decisions based on them.

I'm enjoying it so far. I have a soft spot for weird games without rhyme or reason. It looks and feels like a small Locomotion short at 12am.

It's got a good artstyle, very charming. Plus all the little details like the rain pattering off the raincoat and the fact that everyone is wearing a mask of some kind, those aren't the real faces, make it an intriguing playthrough.

Besides that though, this game appealed to me as well because I just wanted to protect my little girl's smile.

Next you'll tell me I have to play walking similator #234 to also understand it which is so much different than just watching a playthrough on youtube!
Oh so you were just looking for (You)s all along if you were just pretending to be retarded all along why didn't you say so? Also the video goes pretty in depth on why it's shit it's not an e-celeb, has been posted many times, what did you want me to spoonfeed you a summary? Guess what I don't have the time for that just as you don't have the time to watch it but seemingly we both have plenty of time to shitpost funny how that works Mr. (You).

I came here to laugh at 37f876

Walking simulators are shit, but there are some wich are actually good, the stanley parable is the only example i can think of
Everything you do changes the outcome, you can watch all the ending on youtube but it ain't the same fun factor as getting them yourself, that is the one walking simulator that's actually clever and requires player input

You still might be able to refund the game.

What "fun" factor are you talking about here. Being able to manipulate the game makes no difference when both method of playing the game and the conclusion are exactly the same.

The better question is why do you actually think Inside is a good game? There's nothing good about it. Even if you were to boil the game down to the story it's still full of inconsistencies and plot holes. And the gameplay is fucking slow and tedious. You don't need to play the game to understand that, but I did and it was shit.

Probably not, it's quite a bit of time over the 2 hour point, and I'm not sure how they handle it when you use coupons for the purchase.

You are presuming that I can't tell gameplay (especially SIMPLE PLATFORMER GAMEPLAY) is bad/mediocre/overcosted just by watching someone else play it.
I personally liked limbo, but I'm not going to pretend that it was great. I just liked the presentation and I like hostile worlds.

how does that negate any of what I said

If you've played Limbo, you know enough

enough to avoid it

Limbo was good though

I see this game and I sincerely wish they just made this a fucking movie as opposed to a limited game that could be knocked out in an hour if you know what you're doing.
The art syle and animations are actually pretty good and I would love to see some facets expanded, such as the Kimono Womans role as the facilitator, why the staff wear very poor human suits, and so on.

for about 40 mins, it was good

the rest was generic and boring

wow, who woulda thunk it?

I'm getting reaaaal sick of this shit.

Do you fags really need to bump shill thread?

Limbo lasts an hour so that's really good

I fucking adore the look and feel of this game but it's painfully short and linear. Would it be so hard to use the RE design of gradually unlocking and exploring the place rather than just moving from left to right? A little backtracking with good level design would have squeezed a good number of hours out of these assets and gameplay.

Portal
Limbo

It has a nice atmosphere but they're asking way too much for a 3 hour game.

Did I like it?

Yes. Fucking absolutely. The goth kid in me was delighted to see a game that actually resembled Coraline in terms of atmosphere (and, in fact, I felt it was what Coraline should have been). However, it was too short and left me wanting so much more.
It was a tech demo that desperately needs more content, preferably free dlc and updates. I wouldn't mind paying $5 for an additional couple of hours of gameplay, though.

jesus christ, no it doesn't.

you do realize coraline is based on a book

No thanks

THIS

Time to get a new reaction image or you might get banned for avatarfagging