Are there any good games made with unity?

Are there any good games made with unity?

no

/thread

Yooka-Laylee

Ori and the Blind Forest

why don't you ask again next week, OP?
and then the week after, and the week after, and the week after

Also, don't know if it counts because it's a Wipeout clone but BallisticNG was made in Unity.

Almost any good game made with unity is held back massively by the fact that it was made with unity. It's generally good IN SPITE of unity, not because of it.

The Long Dark

Subnautica, outer wilds, Pathologic remake (when it's out, but you can get the demo for now)

This guy's right though.

Isn't that the UbiArt engine?

What? Don't fucking tell me it's being made in unity.

War for the Overworld

I worked on that one, flag related

Guns of Icarus Online can be fun if you fly with friends or a clan. Flying pubs invariably ends with brutal teamstack and you having at least one massive retard in the team at all times.

Among the Sleep was good at what it wanted to do, but is way to short to justify anything other than a pirate (not surprising given that it was a student project).

DreadOut is a budget Fatal Frame clone. Fairly decent, actually. Just stay the fuck away from Keepers of the Dark. Also still has no good Rule 34, oh the humanity.

That is so.

Oh fuck this fucking fucky shit.
Serves me right for looking forward something ONCE.

Endless Legend is pretty fun but it made my GPU crash with some nasty results. I'd like to think it was just my GPU being old and nvidia's shitty drivers, but I still can't write out Unity out of the equation.

Sub ipsum fumus sumus. Can't say I hold a soft spot for it.

Hey, maybe it still will be good.

:^)

Who knows, it might have a more complete options menu in-game.
I really need to actually play Pathologic, I got it years ago

ANY game made with unity makes my PC run super fucking hot for some reason I have no clue what the fuck its doing

Subnautica, Ori and the Blind Forest.

But as someone said, all good Unity games are good despite Unity.

If I had to take a guess, I think its something about how the engine handles particle effects. My GPU would always start roaring when flying through clouds on GoI:O

That Amnesia clone where you are a painter. It has the best graphics with this engine too.

Layers of Fear is boring as fuck though.

Are there any good threads made by OP?

That's the reason this remake exists to begin with - core gameplay of that game was fucking shit.
That's why I looked forward to.
If you just want to drown in the atmosphere and setting you just get HD remaster of the original, it's still pretty amazing in those regards.

Cities Skylines.

Little did Nikolay know that this quote was foreshadowing what would happen to everyone's GPUs. Mystery solved.

Seriously doubt there's anything to worry about on that front, they already made their last game in Unity.

Yiffalicious.

My Summer Car.

DURR NOPE I AM GOING TO PAY FOR DUH UNITY EVERY YEAR AND AGREE TO THEIR 50 PAGE EULA!

DATS RITE I WILL SIGN A EULA SO UNITY CAN FUCK ME WHENEVER THEY WANTS

I COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO LEARN A LITTLE MORE PROGRAMMING AN USE A FREE ENGINE NOSIRREEE

IT'S NOT LIKE I HAD TO LEARN C# TO USE UNITY ANYWAY AND SO IT IS USELESS ANYWAY NOSIREE BOBBO

Subnautica is trash. Even after they took out the terraforming it's still janky as fuck. Those faggots should have stopped with NS1.

Oh I agree completely. Subnautica is like ice cream on a turd. It can be the best ice cream in the world but the base it's on is still a piece of shit.

straight up son

is this thread shadow anchored or something

Guys, what was TECHNICALLY worng whit unity again?

I really don't understand all the hate for Unity. The problems with Unity games are more on the developers than on the engine itself.

my black friend asked what song is this

My issue with Unity, and even Unreal Engine, is that you will have to wait for the developers to update if you find a bug or want a new feature. Unity has gotten better now that you can use the better graphics shit for free, but neither options are as good as just making your own game engine. You also get complete say in what you can do with it and don't have to pay royalties to anyone else since it's your engine.

Some of You guys sound knowledgeable, so would you mind saying what at the base is wrong with Unity that makes it a bad choice to code with?

Obviously working with a pre-made Engine would limit you in some ways and also force you to pay royalties. BUT that would be the case with all engines right? Any idea what kind of royalties we are talking about btw?
Making your own game engine, isn't exactly a small task, especially to an aspriring game dev.

Specifically?

It's bad for developers because
… It's SaaS (Software as a Service) plague where you have to agree to terms and conditions AND PAY THEM EVERY FUCKING YEAR FOREVER AFTER YOU START MAKING MONEY

This reason alone is enough to flush it down the toilet and never look at it again, but let's continue.

… It locks developers into a proprietary "app store" ecosystem of plugins that are mostly proprietary adapters/shims/interpreters for freely available libraries.

Why it's bad for both devs and players
… The toolchain encourages bad habits by forcing developers to work through Unity's scene/component editor and break everything into "Levels"
… Unity encourages devs to use stock and off-the-shelf components for things like physics and lighting, meaning nothing is hand-tuned, everything feels the same level of floaty or janky because devs just crudely jury-rig machinery they have no understanding of.

I would compare Unity to something like "Baby's First Power Toolkit: No Instruction or Assembly Required!" where the developer is given a padded shed full of lathes, drills, and circular saws and an astronaut suit so it's harder to hurt himself, and he can't own any of it and has to rent it by the month.

The whole enterprise is misguided and just sad and disappointing when there are so many FOSS alternatives that do the game thing like LibGDX, MonoGame, Godot, and dozens of others.

This looks rad

No.

Fuck off, Stahlman.
All of those thing are optional and there just so that people can get prototyping faster. It's not the engine's fault if retards use the in-package assets in their final release.

Isn't Honey Select made in Unity? It'd certainly explain why it runs like shit.

I developed stuff in Unity and have moved on. I see Unity's scheme and it pisses me off. I won't be locked into their shit and blackmailed for shekels/have a permanent liability.

Look at Yiffalicious, for example. Unity could just decide to terminate their license at any time, and the Yiffalicious team is paying $70 or $250 a month for that "privilege." It's fucking retarded when there are good alternatives.

Unity is for AAA devs who need someone to yell at or sue if things go wrong. Indies should stay far away.

Saurian is being developed, game about dinosaurs. As scientific as possible
saurian.maxmediacorp.com