Dawn of War 3

So, anyone here tried it?
What's your opinion so far?
Yeah, there is. It's 300 post about Denuvo. If you wanna talk about Denuvo, here:
This thread is to talk about the game itself.

Quick rundown from my short experience:
Spess Marines kick ass, but their line units are too weak for how much they cost. Vehicles kick ass though. Proper Heavy marine position is a game killer too.

Eldar finnaly justify the "hit and run tactics" meme. Don't really like how warpgates and warping works, but I'm still getting used to it. They also got an Elite that's a big "fuck you" to every enemy. Mobility + loads of damage.

Orks are fun as fuck. The scrap mechanic really does it a great job. Trukks are fun as fuck to use, and they have the best voice lines.
Also, WAAAAGGGHH really feels like a proper waaagh, complete with rock music and everything.

Also, reminder to jump into the multiplayer. Plenty of retards around and not a lot of people figured it out yet. Don't think there's a proper "meta" yet either.
Great time for learning and experimenting.

The worst thing is that you can tell they're gonna sell the rest of the factions 15$ a pop. Hopefully they include an extra campaign for each and that kinda justifies it. If it's just factions at 15$ I'll wait for a bundle or a heavy discount.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/12417622.html
pastebin.com/60pMzyh8
mediafire.com/file/iupmztig4a9d055/Interstellar Army Simulator 2015.zip
mediafire.com/file/1bz5u0t0vhh5uuu/chapter master mod 40k.zip
archive.is/1niQo
archive.is/hGY6J
archive.is/PlJo4
archive.is/bZyzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

please proceed to the designated shitting thread

8ch.net/v/res/12417622.html

also

I heard it received lots of awards and greatest praises of critics. Strategy of the year.

You didn't even read more than 3 lines. I already linked that thread.
Are you one of those weird boys that still uses quick reply to post without reading shit?

Not really. They progressively :^) increase the ammount of resources you get. You can build anything from the get go.
In a multiplayer match, I got all my buildings set up at the first phase with no troops while two teammates guarded me. If you ever drop a Fire Prism 3 or 4 minutes into the match, you'll see the impact it has when everyone is running with line units.

Actually 9, but yeah, it's a low number.

Not really that hard, is it?
What else has come out this year? Or lately anyway?

Might also be the first time I disagree with Metacritic user reviews, especially when I read shit like:
???
2/3 out of the units have shit like this.
Who even LIKED the cover system? It was arbitrary shit in the first one, it was hardcoded bullshit in the second (paired with the quick retreat, it was cancer)
Nearly every heavy unit has something like this. Space Marines can even immobilize people with suppresion
Oh, that bar that acted as a multiplier to damage. Interesting right? Nah.
I'm a mature gamer:^)
POINTLESS BASE BUILDING
Only legit point, Denuvo is fucking cancer, but after reading this the rest, this also comes as "I can't pirate it, so it's shit"

I think the worst part of Metacritic is that, if a game can't be pirated, not a lot of people will play it and give honest opinions.
Half the negative reviews are pretty much "shit because I say so".
Course, the positive reviews are "good because I say so"

i was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and then i read this post

we don't make 2 separate threads on the same topic faggot, denuvo is part of this game

This is just dodging the issue.
In the normal 1v1 scenario rushing t2 is a guaranteed loss. In 2v2 as well.
Instead of resource limitation based on controlled bases, you have another artificial limitation that is there for god knows what reason.

Get the fuck out.

This is just dodging the issue.
Color me surprised.

you fuck off to the other thread

Also:
C&C is old as fuck, and I'm still amazed people these days are still bitching about rushing t2 to be unviable.

There is no justification for escalation phases. They are another artificial element on top of the base game. Like the whole mobashit with the towers and cores.

Except it's viable in ra, but not here. In a 1v1 game.

Next you're going to say that Holla Forums hates games and noone plays them

I saw this and thought "is this a shill thread?" and then
How fucking obvious can you get?

5 posts in and we're already at "muh shill"
Kek.
They are missing chaos and tyranids. That's a big flaw for me.

Oh my fucking god OP you are a classic, you already made a waah Holla Forums doesnt polay vidya post

Maybe if you didn't write a wall of text in response to a 1 sentence post shitting on the game, then you wouldn't be this fucking obvious.

Oh god fuck hah

Except the other thread ain't about the game. It's a like getting released on steam and people bitching about fat gaben drm. It's better to havea thread about the drm and another for the gameplay.

The first game did the same shit but in reverse. Requisiton points gaveless and less overtime, slowing the game.
This shit is the same but SPEEDS up so not allmatches end up as 40 minutes turtle slugfights.

Go to the thread that already exists, shill

And don't get me into unlocking stuff. Fucking skull resource for unlocking elites, really ? So that when you start a new faction you are at default builds and can't choose the fancier elites ?
What is this ? Free to play ?

Shill pls. I read the other thread and at least half of it is people talking about the shitty gameplay as reports of it came in. The game is beyond shit, it's a terrible attempt at a SC2 clone like most other failed RTS games and it tries to mash MOBA gameplay into it because some suit or perhaps even the retarded devs themselves saw it was popular.

It doesn't only fail as an RTS though, it fails miserably as a Dawn of war game. Even though DOW2 got a lot of hate it still had some value to it and some people still really liked it, this is complete garbage that no DOW fan will like. The only people who enjoy this game will be those who have never been interested in DOW before because anybody who played the first game will hate this abortion of a game, it is almost on the level of Battlefraud.

I understand though, we all have to make a living and rather than doing something of value to society you decided to shill this shitty game. I would advise trying elsewhere though as Dawn of war was fairly popular here so your shill threads will mostly get shot down by people who know your full of bullshit.

Noone is talking about the game in that thread.
Noone is bitching about the 3 factions only, or how orks get the worst special power or how warpfates are retarded.
They're just bitching about muh denuvo for a week now.

First half of the thread is from before the game was out faggot, there is plenty of discussion after.

Cross link me ONE post about gameplay.
I dare you.

Funny, because I bitched about specific things in the gameplay in that very thread, but now you tell me I didn't.

See:

You want to be spoonfed ? Fuck off.

Ok

Back to >>>Holla Forums, retard.

kill yourself illiterate shill

And this is why I asked for a link.
One single post ignored by the rest of the thread. Great fucking discussion we're having there.
Almost on par with this thread!

So how many examples do people need to find for you before you kill yourself?

Fuck off, pinko.
Can't leech free games = game is automatic shit.

FYI, the game isn't even that good. It's certainly not worth 60 bucks.
I still wanted to talk about it and possible aditions to it, but you fucking BR's pull the same shit in every Denuvo-infested game.
Is the game shit, is it good? Who cares, ithas Denuvo, I got a free pass to shit on it.

Guess what, repeating "muhdenuvo" is cuckchan tier discussion.

The one to bring up denuvo was you. In every single post from the OP onward.

It's hard to tell newfags and outright shills apart, but the denuvo apologist stuff makes me lean towards the "shill" conclusion.

See
If the OP and other responses didn't give it away then that should have.

This Holla Forums meme needs to die. People just call anyone they disagree with Holla Forums without actually addressing the point they disagree with. In other words kill yourself you shitty ass memer.

WEW KYS Holla Forums

Back on topic. DOW 3 in the 5hrs that i played it failed to impress me and left me not wanting to come back for more, i will be telling other people not to bother with it.

10/10 good bait.

Forgot to sage.
It must suck to defend shitty games for a living OP. Hope you find a proper job soon.

niceme.me

The game is great, ignore the cuckchan haters itt.

You'll struggle to find a positive review that doesn't mention the negative ones in some way. I'm guessing the wider audience approach didn't work this time either since they're having to expand the shilling to here, too.

Looks like you're in the minority here, friend.

thank god for refunds.

You could've just said the games had heroes and anyone with an IQ above 110 or experience with RTS can see why this is a bad thing.
Ever since the initial announcement I haven't gave a single shit of info about the game, how did they fuck it up.

I wouldnt say heroes are a bad thing in and of themselves. Commanders in supreme commander are basicly hero units and i quite liked them. In dow3 they are kind of retarded though.

not enough units, not enough maps. forget early game rushes, because of retarded technoheresy turrets in every base that crush basic units. there are "escalation phases" which artificialy adjust the gameflow.
every round plays out the same, because there is almost no comback potential once you gain less resources than you opponent. heroes and special abilities are retardedly powerfull and swing entire rounds just by themselves.
The few maps that are available are terribly designed.
oh and the new cover "mechanic" is beyond retarded and badly balanced since the cover bubbles are either compeltely useless or right next to a resource point which makes them way too powerfull.
its a mess.

Oh cool, the latest abortion of a 3xA attempt-at-vidya is out. At least we had the trailer that looked sort of neat. Its my theory that GW is intentionally making bad games so that fans stop asking for them and go back to buying overpriced hunks of plastic and/or occasional instances of even more overpriced sculpted/casted scrap metal.

what are the odds theyll drop denuvo due to outrage?

The worked fairly well in DoW 1, in part because they were (normally) just slightly more effective units that you could attach to squads that didn't have the whole XP nonsense other RTS games give to heroes.

do heroes on dawn of war 3 gain experience and power? if so, how is it gained, and how strong or weak are they at the beginning of the match compared to units you have available at the time?
do regular units still gain exp like in dow2? i thought that was silly, given how easy it could be to preserve them through use of the retreat command.

Wanna know how I know you never played dow1?

i interpreted it as that they nailed a hit and run playstyle with them instead of extended faggotry via fleet foot dancing. that their hit and run playstyle is 'justified' instead of an extra bonus

Considering that the 40k timeline began moving again, I can only see DoW3 as the prelude of The End Times 2: Electric Boogaloo, so let's get ready to see some major retardation happen.

No. They start and end with the same stats and abilities from the moment they spawn to the end of the game. You don't start the game with a free one, though, you'll need Elite Points to spawn them that you acrue over time and by controlling specific points.

In terms of power, they vary a lot (but their cost also varies a lot) however overall they start the game much stronger than line units.
However, they can't be upgraded while your line units can and after some upgrades, heroes do lose some of their efficacy compared to your army.

Heroes here seem to have only 2 purposes: quickly shift the power of your army by spiking it when you summon one forcing your oponent to answer with something of his own and to handle blob armies since a lot of heroes have AoE that will make quick work of faggots that just a-move everywhere with their swarms. Towers also do the same thing since they have a line attack as well.

If you want an almost good comparison, you can think of it as Warcraft 3.
Except you get to control a bigger army, your heroes start powerful already and don't get ridiculously OP later on.

No, they stay the same throughout the whole match and the only thing that changes in them is with upgrades in the corresponding building, like the Arsenal for Space Marines.

There's still some incentive to keep your troops alive since they refund part of their cost on death depending on Escalation Phase and reinforcing them is cheaper\faster than just ordering a new one, but it's not the easy "press X to save your ass" it was on DoW2.

I can't say much about the gameplay, but the graphics/artstyle is somewhere between DOW 1 and DOW 2, which is kind of pathetic

Why does DOW 2 look so good?

DoW1 had Fleet Foot that allowed for such tactics but there was hardly a reason to do any of that, considering people could reinforce on the go anyway.

DoW3 gives you Fleet Foot by being near buildings and shortly after leaving them but also a Shield for every Eldar unit that replenishes when they are out of combat and near buildings.
This, combined with Webway gates having a very large range for these effects means that you can have a group of units rush out from near a gate to an enemy, damage them until your shields run out and then run away to regenerate them, while your foe can't heal as easily.

That is essentially how the Eldar play in the game, Orks have a very, very different way to handle things, while Space Marines are quite standard.

There's also no firing on the move(for the most part) and this is a shitty starcraft/ASSFAGGOTS. Maybe you should just go back

DOW 3 is about 80% moba and 20% RTS.
Visuals and animation looks weird and cartoonish.
It's like i'm watching Pixar animation.
They were aiming for the moba audiance with this one. I doubt they will succeed to get them though.
Also prepare for a shitload of DLCs.

fleet foot was useful for more than just getting around. it was used to escape melee units, immediately turning and firing when it is safe to do so. its even more effective when your squads outnumber the enemy. i wonder if thats why they tied it to a radius around structures.
that reminds me. i dont think ive ever seen anyone build a shield battery in starcraft

Archon + shield refresh= bad times for bio balls

Not even orks would fall for this one.

Yes, of course I'm referring to stuff like individual buildings when I'm comparing it to starcraft, and not how you micro your units.

Because you see units more up close since you're meant to control only a small handful of them and therefore they need more detail placed in them. It's a tradeoff for performance reasons, you either have lots of un-detailed units or few detailed units.

Firing on the move doesn't affect that many squads to begin with (melee squads, or anyone with setup) and exists on the units that depend on it, like the slim vehicles or specific units like those Eldar ghosts. It would be nicer to have it for the rest of the units, but it's not really a big deal.

It is not as APM intensive as Starcraft noes is it filled with mechanisms that should have been automated instead of rewarding gookclick, the game increases in speed as it goes on instead of the reverse, rushing is still possible but not game-deciding, etc. Literally none of the problems Starcraft 2 has.

It also doesn't feature the grind economy that plagues ASSFAGGOTS, the over-rewarding for killing heroes, the slow and inneficient snowballing (on the contrary, even) the early phases where nothing of note really happens but still decide the game, the overdependance on teamwork, etc.
Literally none of the problems that make ASSFAGGOTS the terrible genre it is.

Shoo shoo, shill, no shilling!

i mean shit, it was a crap shoot for most units in the first place. i thought people didnt like rng.

It did a small amount of damage and allowed for kiting, which was probably a great deal to counter their versions of Heroes.
It still muddled things a bit with melee units also shooting and trying to retreat being a tad harder since the oponent could still chase you and fire on the move anyway. That's likely the reason it was removed, so you could actually retreat.

It might be fun, doubt I'll find out any time soon though. I'm mostly not interested in it because it obviously isn't a dawn of war game. And if it isn't as bad as SC2, I could give it a try at some point, but not for 60 dollarydoos and denuvo.

It's pretty much Dawn of War 1 but with a lot of gameplay changes, most of them for the better.
There are still a few questionable choices, but overall it's good.

Denuvo ain't a point if you're considering buying it, just saying.
It's also probably not worth that price if you're not that crazy about either RTS or Dawn of War games, you're better off waiting for the inevitable bundles that will include the Necron, Chaos and whatever else they manage to cram in it.

I'm getting tired of this "the slightest difference means it isn't a moba guise!!!" argument that everyone in the official forums and the steam reviews use to defend this garbage. This game crippled its singleplayer for an unnecesary focus on multiplayer, a multiplayer about killing a central nexus defended by towers where the heroes and elites matter much more than army composition, an army composition that has little customization options and might as well be creeps/minions, on maps that have 2-3 lanes and hiding spots equivalent of jungle zones. If it talks, walks, and looks like a duck, what is it then?

It isn't exactly, 100% a copy of an ASSFAGGOT game, but it has the elements right there to feel pretty much like one, and that's why people dislike this game so fucking much, it's another game that fell completely to the "wide mass appeal" meme in this ridiculous attempt to grab a slice of the moba cake while trying to keep the RTS audience and fails completely on all its fronts: the moba audience won't be impressed by this second rate attempt when they already have their needs covered by the two biggest games of its genre, the RTS crowd surely isn't enjoying any of the changes and the removal of features, and relic doesn't get to see those high numbers they were expecting.

By the way, I remember when relic was running their mouths on how this was going to be a return to format, a respecting of the roots and the revival of the true DoW experience when it's nothing like it, they removed all the things that made DoW be its own entity among the RTS games and only defended their decisions when met with dissent.

Looking at the player and stream numbers it already appears to be on a downwards trend. Another telling factor is that no one edited the game's wikia to reflect the fact that it's been released.

Does this game really not have air units or is someone pulling my leg?

(((04598d)))

Still not a fan of the maps I've seen, or the animations. Gabriel Angelos is supposed to be in terminator armor, how the fuck is he jumping around like an acrobat.

eh? what makes you say that? its pretty much the reason i havent bought it.

dawn of war as a whole has never been big on air units. you get jumpjets and tellyportas.

Come on user.

There are air units indeed, a helicopter for the orcs, vipers and ghosts for the Eldar and Land Speeders for the Space Marines.

The maps are clearly something that they'll release with either DLC packs or a new faction pack, it's blatant jewery of course.
Gabriel Angelos however is using the God Splitter, wouldn't the use of such a powerfull weapon warrant him doing all that shit?

Doesn't seem to be bothering the performance too much, though I do wonder how'd it run without it.
And for someone that actually bought Spore ;_;, it's far less intrusive than other forms of DRM.

Because it has a shard of an avatar of khaine on his thunderhammer which grants him more power, duh! This explanation is brought to you by the game's writter and best black library author: C.S. Fucking Goto.

Would it? He's had the hammer for a while, and he hasn't been jumping around like that until now.
And if it says otherwise in a book, fuck off.

The grind in ASSFAGGOTS is meant to add depth to the game. Despite being horrible unfun, it's still mandatory if you want to win that specific game. Literally none of that in DoW3, you do not have to grind line units to beef up your heroes until they can win the game, the major problem that grinding has.

Doing the singleplayer campaign is enough to buy everything you want, nothing really stands as better than another option, you begin with a decent composition for free already as well and enough Skulls to buy what you want without even having to play the campaign once.
And for someone to bitch so much about "multiplayer focus" to then complain that "you must play the campaign to unlock units!" smells like double standards, unless you mean having to replay it over and over again, at which I'd like you to answer just how many times do you have to play the campaign to unlock everything?

That's DoW2 though, here you have defenseless Shield Generators before the towers that reward you with a lot of resources when broken and reliance on heroes dies down as the game progresses, unlike DoW2 where they increased in power instead.

It has the only elements ASSFAGGOTS have that are actually good ideas and it does not incorporate the elements that make ASSFAGGOTS a terrible broken genre. If you think towers and nexus are what makes that genre bad, you're an idiot.

List them one by one. I want to see you try :^)

Being "mature" has nothing to do with it, it has everything to do with consistency. If I wanted to play a shiny, happy-go-lucky game, I'd play Kirby, Kid Link Zelda or Shawnty. They're set in easy going, bright universes, so it makes sense to have a color palette to reflect that. It doesn't make sense to give the same treatment to a universe that defined "Grimdark".

I meant it as an agreement of the retardation behind the explanations offered by the staff. I also hate how the guy just jumps and flips around in that heavy as fuck armor, not just that but also throwing the hammer around like it's nothing when the lore goes on and on about how such gear needs immense strength to be used and moved around, and when confronted with this dissonance relic just went "it has the power of a god in the hammer lmao" which makes no fucking sense precisely because of the point you brought up.

In a similar fashion, that lascannon that fires like a machinegun instead of the high power single concentrated shot? "It's just a different pattern of lascannon lmao". You'll see explanations like that about everything, it's just handwaives and willful ignorance of previously established lore.

I know, I just wanted to pull your post into a potential argument

Wouldn't it be possible to use the Superman argument? Superman supposely can fly because the Earth's gravity is really weak compared to his own planet and his own strength etc.
If the Hammer requires a massive amount of strength to be wielded, jumping in terminator armor would be piss easy for him.

Oh you prefered the cover system in DoW1? Where it was all craters and high plants placed in arbitrary places?
Because that's pretty much what cover in DoW3 is, except it doesn't just raise the defense of those inside it.

Would it? As I said, he's had the armor and hammer for a while, and he hasn't been jumping around until now. And I don't know about Angelos's strength, but that's exactly what the terminator armor is for. However, it's heavy as fuck, so while you'll be able to run pretty fast, and for a long time, you can't really jump at all.

Into the trash it goes

Have a better game instead.

pastebin.com/60pMzyh8

mediafire.com/file/iupmztig4a9d055/Interstellar Army Simulator 2015.zip

mediafire.com/file/1bz5u0t0vhh5uuu/chapter master mod 40k.zip

(and a bunch of other replies)
You know how I know you're lying? I was in that thread and maybe a fifth of the thread was dedicated to Denuvo discussion. The rest is game discussion.

See? You did exactly what I said and went with "the 1% difference makes it not a moba forever!!", that's not to mention that you'll see people talking about "builds" in the form of which elites to choose, making for the precise broken ass style of repatching and rebalancing on a constant basis when people find what's the most effective every time, killing any and all variety, pretty much like in any moba game.

And since you asked pretty nicely:

I'd list the fallback mechanic there but I don't think it has much of a place for the gameplay style relic went with, and it was kind of poorly implemented as well since it made games drag out, but even then I don't know if this will placate your need for me to explain what I mean.

Regarding this response , I think gravity difference could make sense, but I'm under no impression that the recruiting worlds of the blood ravens had really strong gravity and the lore certainly doesn't point to it, even the catachan devils, who grew up in a planet with really strong gravity and don't use extremely heavy gear, don't have a tendency to jump those heights.

Are you joking? This has to be bait, sync kills is what practically gave the series character, it may as well be criminal that it didn't make it in.

Oh and yes, I do prefer the old terrain and cover system over the fucking shield bubble and ASSFAGGOTS grass.

You fucking disengenious cunt. It's not 1%, it's straight up not even the same thing! Your heroes DO NOT FUCKING GRIND XP AND LEVELS INGAME. It's not the same mechanic at all!
You do not gain requisition and power out of killing line units, how do you sit there and type this shit with a straight face and expect anyone to take you seriously?

Because they often have passives that complement line units or specific strategies and because due to the difference in their cost and power, it's important to plan ahead.
If this is "moba elements", every single RTS that has "build order" (all of them) is a MOBA.

Link a changelog where elites have been patched for those reasons then or admit you're just fear mongering.

I do so much miss having units locked in flashy animations that really do nothing but look aesthetically pleasing while strapping them in place while they keep being shot. Definetely my most missed feature.

From craters and grass. That were static. That only gave you +defense.
To control points that must be captured first, protect against projectiles but not melee and give an extra purpose to artillery, who's really good at dealing with them.
If you think cover in DoW1 is more interesting than cover in DoW3, you have brain damage.

I'm trying really hard to take you seriously, but you're really not helping here, buddy.
Points served strictly for requisition and relic points for high tier units. Points in DoW3 still serve for requisition, power and there's points that generate Elite Points to summon yours faster, much like Relic Points.

And combined with escalation phases that increase the advantage of having one more point than your oponent as the game progresses, it does influence the flow of the game far more than the first one, where the resources collected from points\generators went DOWN as the game progressed, slowing the whole thing.

Because you'd really use more than one type of weapon per squad, instead of just having 2 squads, each using strictly one kind of weapon and microing them to optimal targets instead, right?
They still have weapons you can stick on them you can equip (flamethrowers and plasma pistols for tactical marines) or they come with them already (terminators being produced with either heavy bolters or las cannons)
It's one of the dumbest features to be upset about.

Units move fast enough (unlike the first DoW) that you can easily retreat them back to your base if you need to defend, there's no need for a "defense force", not to mention your production being back in your base constantly cramming out troops makes your "defense force" anyway and fight for control points ahead is far more important too.

I meant that the force which made him capable of such feats was the weight of his hammer, not necessarily gravity. If he can lift and swing it easily, the gravity of a planet really wouldn't have much of an hold on him, right?

Yes that definitely explains why he can jump around in terminator armour. He shouldn't be able to do that and it's just another symptom of muh flashy moba abilities

Yes, you mentioned the 1% that is different, units don't level up ingame, however we still the worst parts of a moba, with the prebuilt structures and lanes. Both of which can work in ASSFAGGOTS but are a cancer in RTS since all maps will play the same.

Because being locked into a certain playstyle due to the elites you choose is definitely the same thing as having different builds you develop yourself while playing the game or just copy online

Games hasn't been out long enough for some Korean to find a broken build and then the community shout muh balance. Look at DoW2 to see how Eldar had a streak of buffing and nerfing.

It's the fact they took it away and replaced it with nothing. They could have done what Total War Rome 1 did where units will react to when they are in combat so if they are hit, then they have to block, dodge or take damage. The combat now is just Skyrim models flailing at each other.

Yes goyim! This new system is so new and innovative. They now only receive a ranged defense bonus, not melee!

Fucking excellent. It's a return to DoW1 systems where there is just zones on the map where your units have more defense, except now they are pre-built structures arranged on the map

Yes, giving the player choice on having an extra squad or outfitting your current one with meltaguns and grenade launchers was too hard, now there is no choice whatsoever.

Seriously, how the fuck are you trying to defend this? They literally took away choice from the player to inflate the amount of units DoW3 has.

Fucking gas yourself shill. Base building is worse the Company of Heroes since you can't even build defenses now. DoW had basebuilding and they sold this game as a "return to the roots", yet now base building is just build 1 structure that makes infantry, one that makes vehicles.

Seriously kill yourself nigger. You know nothing about Warhammer if you think shit like this is acceptable. It the muh flashy ASSFAGGOTS abilities shit, that have no place whatsoever in a RTS less so in a Warhammer rts

So many shills in this thread. It's amusing that they shout down the MOBA comparisons when the devs said, literally, that they want the MOBA audience.
Tell me, shills. Why do you do it? Do you do it for free? Is it a pathological need to play shitty games that drives you forwards? Because let me tell you, you suck at it.

All it needs to seal the deal as absolute trash is a cancerous popcap system now.

I wont even pirate the game until they fix that shit. I play RTS to play RTS. Having a fucking ancient at the end is retarded.

If those are the "worst parts of a moba", you're a fucking idiot that can't even critizise the shittiest genre in the world despite how easy it is. ASSFAGGOTS have fundamental flaws in how they play out that make it a trully terrible genre that very few iteractions have tried to fix.
Prebuilt structures and lanes are the least of it's problems.

Furthermore, not only are there no lanes (you don't even know what a lane is, for fuck's sake) you still have base building for your structures and every single prebuilt structure works in a specific way to actually make the game better, which you won't care about because you already decided it's a MOBA.
Shields reward early rushes and towers fuck over blob armies for instance.

Post a "build order" that "locks you into a certain playstyle". Go ahead, I'll be waiting.
You get some units having bonuses or extra tactics they can use but you still can use everything else. For comparison, Age of Mythology was a neat RTS that actually "locks you into a certain playstyle" based on the gods you chose far more than DoW3 does.

They get a straight projectile immunity until the shield is popped but melee units that enter the field can engage them regularly. It's exactly how it was in DoW1 only more accentuated, not just +defense.

And considering all the +defense points in DoW1 were already placed on the map at the start of the game, that's not even something new you can bitch about.

Because nobody ever fucking equipped the same squad with several different weapons.
Why would you put rocket launchers on a regular squad instead of having a single squad with 4 rocket launchers that you used against vehicles?
Why would you put flamethrowers and any long range weapon together? Why would you put grenade launchers with anything else if it just meant they'd stand far away shooting grenades and not use the other weapons, until they were close enough that you were better off with the other upgrade?

Several units can place mines and several units can make towers as well.
The game isn't about assaulting an heavily defended base, it's about armies fighting and turrets\walls detracts from that, they should stick to listening posts only for that.
Plus another for advanced units and another for upgrades.
Plus War Banners for Orcs that act like turrets and give scrap.
Plus webway gates for Eldar that give them buffs, replenish shields and allow teleportation eventually.
But if you pretend those things don't exist, you have a point!

And yet you still bitch about sync kills.

[citation needed]

So you faggots learn to argue and criticize properly. MOBAs are terrible and flawed for specific reasons that are not present in the game, resorting to that "argument" is just a crutch to win an internet fight without any effort. There's plenty of wrong with the game that you don't need that extra argument, not to mention how easily it's debunked.
Learn to fucking argue and actually come up with a point that's not just parroting what other people said.

Other than that, it's because the game isn't really that terrible and it pisses a lot of people that it's not so bad they can mock it like TES online or Tortanic but it's not good enough to be GOTY of Holla Forums.
And if it annoys people that just want easy mocking instead of videogames, then it should definetely be posted on Holla Forums.

Factually wrong, check:

You sure are a top tier debater right there, you completely saved the game's perception and I'm currently buying 10 copies, thanks for enlightening me, person who totally isn't a shill.

I already told you to fuck off with your shilling in the other thread, nobody allowed you to make another shitty shilling thread.

Using terms simply because everyone agrees they are bad and they share SOME parts of it is not very good argumentation, it's being lazy and debating by associations, not actual arguments.

Be honest here, faggot. You'll call it a MOBA because you dislike both MOBAs and this game and because they share some details in them. Whether those details are what makes either of these games bad is of no concern, the fact that they are shared is what matters to you because it's what links an insulting description to this game and that's solely why you use it.

Fuck off authoritarian cunt, you have no power here.

archive.is/1niQo
archive.is/hGY6J
archive.is/PlJo4
And an opinion piece on the Open Beta.
archive.is/bZyzY

I use it because it talks, walks and looks like a moba, being in denial does not take away from it, and it's not a strawman, everyone who has been replying at your shill posts with legitimate concerns and criticisms have been completely dismissed by you on these bases:

Maybe, just maybe, the fact that many people use the same reason isn't "parroting around" but instead a pattern of problems with the game itself? Maybe people actually played the original and wanted to see more of it instead of a second rate copy of other games? And you call me disingenous when you are here saying "YOU DIDN'T ARGUE IN A WAY I WANT YOU TO ARGUE THEREFORE EVERYONE HERE IS WRONG AND I'M RIGHT!", so don't be surprised that everyone is laughing at your expense calling you a shill.

We get it, you don't appreciate the systems brought by the original DoW and like 3 better, but just because you do doesn't mean that other's criticism is wrong, and you certainly aren't an embodiment of the fans to claim that only your opinion is valid when talking about this game.

By the way, provided your citation, but you're probably going to come up with another "it's just a parroting" or "you argued wrong".

Holy fuck this shills are trying so hard. This is priceless.

Get fucked, your game has failed. Have your overlords make a real 40k game and then we will talk.

Eh, I think they're not relevant.
On one hand, Dow1 remains the best (more factions, more mechanics, more maps, more everything). DoW 2 did it's own thing, didn't workout that well.

On the other hand, we got us a new game and I wanna talk about this one, not how much it sucks compared to the previous ones, since that's a rather short discussion: yes, it sucks.

The thing is, I've seen this play out with Morrowind vs Oblivion vs Skyrim.
See: Oblivion was the bane of earth until Skyrim came out. Nowdays, you got folks telling me "DoW 2 is great" because 3 just came out.

I've played the other two and their expansions. Liked them, and now I'm playing the third.
I'd like to discuss the third since I think I've been to at least 100 threads of the other two.
I didn't get Battlefleet nor went to the threads, I hope they weren't like this.

One thing I noticed after a couple Skirmishes: Lady Solaria is bound to get HEAVILY NERFED because she shits all over the other 9-point Elites.

I'm not even sure what was the idea. Solaria can wipe out every infantry unit that comes at her and then shit on elites. What are you suposed to counter her with?
Best idea so far is bog her down with melee units that do nothing except buytime, or at least until the player notices she ain't moving and starts micro-ing her.

Here's you comparing DoW3 to DoW1 and saying that DoW3 is good. And here's you saying that DoW1 and 2 aren't relevant and shouldn't be compared, and that DoW3 sucks.

Which one is it you fucking retard?

I played 4 dow 1 matches last weekend, I just had to open the match browser and join a lobby. Didnt look irrelevant to me

Amazing. Also

So you bought this one knowing it was going to be shit and you ignored the only modern, half decent 40k game which costs much less than 60 dollars, after one year of discussion. You keep outdoing yourself. Go talk about it on cuckchan or just play the game if you like it so much

Because nobody ever dismisses people's posts by telling them to go back to Holla Forums, right?

REMINDER: GORGUTZ WON SOULSTORM

That's not ok either.
Both are cancer.
Don't do either.
Talk about videogames.

i won't and you can't make me

Imperial guard won Kaurava. But It would seem like Gorgutz was the one to destroy the blood ravens.

No it clearly says there the orks conquered kaurava. They just retconned it for no reason

Well, he deserved it.
I mean, he's the Orkiest being in Kaurava, of course he was gonna win.

Now IĀ“m pretty bummed that Vance Stubbs didnĀ“t win. Damnit.

You do gain gain requisition\power primarly by killing minions, your heroes do not increase in power as the match procedes, nor do they unlock newer abilities or purchase extra gear nor are you limited to a single unit with your entire army controlled by the AI or mandatory 5 teammates, neither are there neutral camps to farm in the "jungle".

It does not talk, walk or look like a moba, it does all of that differently but because it has a familiar limping to how it walks, you'll jump to that conclusion.
All of those things, all that bullshit that is what actually makes those games terrible boring pieces of shit, all of that that is NOT part of DoW3, you'll ignore it and still call it a MOBA because it's the easiest way you can downvote the game. Congrats on being that intelectually lazy.

No, I'll do something that neither you or him did: I'll actually read it.

Seems pretty dammning doesn't it? Let's see what "lessons" they learned.

So they are incorporating the objective-based aspect that most MOBAs use. That's the lesson they learned.
They use the map to create points with major importance that they can make into interesting spaces where a fight can take place. And this is bad or wrong why? Did you even read any of that shit, or were you happy quoting it because it confirmed your bias?

So it's not even the only gamemode they want to have and more things will come up next. Fancy that, an article dedicated to how brain dead you are!

So their focus is comebacks and preventing one of the worst traits in MOBA's, when you know you lost the game but must endure it for 20-30 minutes more. How horrible of them to try and make the game more interesting!

I got all this from the first article, the one that was supposed to confirm the "moba focus" you faggots rave on about.
Do you want me to read the other ones to see if they confirm your bias as well or is the first one enough embarassment as is?

I did read them, and all I get is that the devs are gushing over how cool the game is with all its new moba elements like it's the second coming of the pre-2007 videogames era when everyone in the comments of those articles are very much dissapointed about it, but no, you just pulled another "you argued wrong", you sure showed me. I was also aware of the "it's not going to be the only mode available", but I'm not paying more to get dlc to fix the game, and how they thought starting with this moba-lite mode was a good idea is beyond me.

>We're launching a game with only a fraction of the content that was planned for it / is set by the industry standards >standards

wew
Yes.
Please do read more and prove yourself wrong on a number of levels again.

Hey, Battleborn devs also took lessons from the first Duke Nukem according to them anyway.
Does that mean Duke Nukem is shit? :^)

It's the exact game they wanted to make, and it's the exact game their "fans" asked for.
Everyone got what they wanted, except for people that wanted a game they weren't making for people that don't want to hypothetical game.
It's still shit, even after the update.

Are you a fucking moron ? We've had this discussion long before the game came out. Relic likes assfaggots and took a lot from them. They are open about it. Do not twist their own words.

He is a shill, he is going to keep this up until the thread dies.

This was just blizz's shitty attempt to cash in on the moba market because they got extremely asshurt that valave stole dota from under their noses.

Regardless of how much MOBA is in DOW3, the bottom line is that it's inferior to the previous games in pretty much every respect.
The elites system is retarded.
The escalation system is retarded.
The towers are retarded.
The maps are few (I think they only have 8 right now), boring and too symmetrical.
The only thing I like is the WAAAAAGH system for the orcs, I would like to see more stuff like that.

There's a single line there about how "Yeah, heroes are pretty important" and everything else is about the objective based gameplay.
Right back at you, are you a fucking moron? How hard are you gonna grasp at those straws?

Long before there was anything solid to argue with, yes I can see why you'd favour that kind of discussion.

The good bits. That so far you've failed to say exactly why they are bad, BTW.

Follow your own advice. If the "focus on heroes" was that important to them, why don't they level-up and unlock new abilities, why don't you buy wargear while the match progresses and why do you still get control over your own army?
Why do you keep shooting yourself on the foot so often and still think you have ground to stand on?

Probably true. Then again, their fans play WoW, SC2 and Diablo3, they have no idea what they want.

The elites I can understand not liking, it takes away from some units like Warp Spider, but it sorta makes sense for Terminators or the bigger units, and it's true that there could be more maps.

But how's the escalation or towers retarded? Escalation does a fine job at speeding up the game and keeping all moments interesting and towers are excelent to force decent composition instead of blobs.

not only is it a shit game, it's a shit ASSFAGGOTS game as well
And thus my night was made.
Thank you.

Nah, it mitigates the important of boring early game (and even removes most of it), does objective-based gameplay far better than any other MOBA, allows for more interesting roles to play out besides tank, DPScarry, support and jungler, has much more variety in maps (that alone makes it better than 99% in the same genre) and does away with a lot of the "burden of knowledge" that these often have.

Don't get me wrong, the genre is still fundamentally flawed, HOTS being no exception, and the only way to "fix" it involves breaking something else in it to the point that you never truly fix MOBA's without making it an entirely different genre.

But out of them all, it's probably the least shitty one that lets you have fun with minimal autism required.

(Checked)
Trips confirm.

Reminder that Gorgutz is now a git/shiny warcraft orc.

How can one person suck so much cockā€¦

They are focusing on heroes more so than they did in DoW2. What fucking more do you want ? 1 hero to solo entire armies ? Oh fucking wait, they can do that better than ever before.

Have you played the damn thing ?
I have no reason to repeat the points in the thread anymore than people have for the past months even before release.
I could go on, faggot. But it's not like it matters to you.

16:57

19:37

20:44

??:??
It's only a matter of time until we get through to you.

Towers and shield generators are there essentially to prevent rushing and to make the game drag on. It's the kind of shit that makes MOBA matches take for fucking ever. I don't like it. The base turrets in DOW2 fulfilled a similar role but were much easier to destroy.
Escalation is literally the developer dictating the pace of the game. I prefer games where the players get to make those kinds of choices. There is no point to it other than to make sure the players don't do anything that the dev hasn't planned for.

oh and I forgot to add:

Heroes of the Storm is the perfect MOBA

Heroes of the Storm is fundamentally flawed

I am. And I have 9 hours to fill as well. Already watched Margin Call and listened to 2 full albums.

By increasing the number of units other than heroes that you control and by starting every game without one?
By making them good for early game but mattering less for lategame?
You know, exactly the oposite of what even DoW2 was?
"1 hero to solo entire armies" is a meme, it does not happen except in promotional videos or if you're such an idiot that you never upgrade your troops, otherwise prepare to lose your "omg so OP hero" to random mooks.

You saw the promotional videos about the heroes, whose entire purpose is to hype people to how powefull they are meant to be and not show how they actually perform in regular games.
You fell for marketing plain simple and are basing the entire balance of heroes in a preconceived way that goes in your head, not how it actually works.

-t someone that actually tried the game and keeps killing heroes left and right because players think they need no backup.

If you're not ackonwledge that the power of heroes is static and starts high while the armies power is dynamic, starts low and rises as the game progresses, there really is no point arguing with you.

Never said it's shit, only that it has issues and might not be worth it's price for everyone.
Never said it was a moba, not even a good one, only that it took the good elements from one.
Keep trying.

Factually false. Generators are there to reward rushing since they give you a lot of resources if you can take them down and are undefended unless someone puts troops guarding it.

Towers aren't meant to drag the game on but rather force you to come up with a better strategy than just "lotz a gitz!" and the escalation phases increase health of both so the longer you take to break them, the tougher they become doing the oposite of what you said.

Nope. MOBA matches take forever because heroes start underpowered compared to said turrets and as the game progresses both increase in power but the heroes much faster (theoritically) while you still have to contend with an enemy team facing the same issues (being strong enough to kill your heroes but not strong enough to kill your towers) for double the effect.
None of that happens in DoW3.

They were huge HP bloated crap that did nothing but what you complain about, preventing rushing with no upside to taking them down besides allowing you to hammer down on their base.
Prefering DoW1 over 3 I get, prefering DoW2 over 3, now that's retarded.

You still get to be as agressive as you want and spend the resources how you want, escalation only makes the first minutes more forgiving so the game isn't decided so fast and the last minutes much faster so it doesn't drag on, that's all it does.

MOBA's are fundamentally flawed but HOTS is about the best you can do with that genre, why is this hard to understand?
I specifically said "this genre is fundamentally flawed" and the first post just tells you that "whoever was looking for a game like HOTS got exactly that", it doesn't even attest to it's quality.

nigga puhrease:

No amount of walltext will change reality, user. I don't care if you're shilling or are genuinely delusional, but please - follow Michael's advice.

cherrypicking
I mean, you have a point there, but why would I acknowledge it when I can just focus on you ignoring everything else?

this is unreal
Look, I'm not going to recite every single thing you've said like it's some bizzaro version of a Gay Theory video, but the proof is in the pudding:
The entire world is calling it for what it is: a second grade ASSFAGGOTS in RTS' clothing that does a great disservice to established lore of the franchise in order to appear as marketable as possible.
Yeah, you have lots of positive user reviews on Steam and most of them are simply saying "Don't listen to h8ers, just buy the game!".
We've danced this dance since time "immemorium". We know what's shit when we see it. We know when we're being lied to. We know when devs are pressured to do stupid shit. We know when devs make stupid decisions themselves.
well at least I do

And again, you can type a great wall of China explaining how every person in this thread is wrong and you are the only harbinger of truth and great taste. You can type the entire mental olympics to us, explaining how this game is not an ASSFAGGOTS or good period, but we just won't believe you.
Because we can see it for what it is from experience.

steamdb.info

Relic will probably go bankrupt.

Also you should watch striking scorpions gameplay.

They swing their swords like literal peasants.

Welcome to dawn of cartoons: defence of the artstyle.

Notice how relic and other developers/publishers killed the RTS genre?

Yes. Exacly. More, weaker mooks for a hero to mow down.
That's exactly when they oneshot squads and for the late game you have specific late game elites.
Because guess what. Instead of 1 hero unit, now you have fucking 3, one of which usually an endgame unit capable of massive damage.
It happens pretty fucking damn often. Just look at Jain Zar. Oh yeah it's not a one-shot. It's a near one shot and a guaranteed death on the spot for damaged squads.
They are raping squads in the game. That is a core part of the gameplay of dawn of assfaggots and has nothing to do with ideas coming from marketing. The gameplay just works that way. Go play more.
Hero power is static, incredibly high - static. And you have 3 of them. So that when your early game ones start being less useful your lategame one can be the huge problem instead.
There is considerably less unit progress, compared to previous iterations of dow and heroes are considerably stronger from the moment you spawn them.
This is not a matter of marketing, it's clearly visible. And unlike in dow1-2, escape from these is considerably harder.

Truly the weakest heroes have ever been. One-shotting a squad ? Impossible.

MAN, THAT SURELY DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A MOBA WHERE YOU CLEAN CREEPS WITH SOME ABILITIES AND ONLY A HANDFUL OF CHARACTERS ARE RESISTANT ENOUGH FOR THEM!

that is utterly retarded

To behonest,Gorgutz in Soulstorm ahnilated everything too. And had the largest healthpool out of every unit.
And dealt extra damage to daemons because, fuck it I guess.

Dow3 Gorgutz mows down blobs but you can take him down witha sniper paired with heavy mellee.
Also stuns it's ridiculous: if you stun him at the startof whirlwind, that shits goes into 60 second cooldown.
It removes a lot of use for them.
Scout Marins (200 requesition) can do this with their grenade.
It's hilarious and I had a player disconnect after I did that, killed his Gorgutz and THEN spawned in Diomedes.

But you have to admit that the damage distribution here is kind of ridiculous, it's not like the squads got some high damage, they were deleted outright while gorgutz gets scratched at best. Sure, he had the biggest health pool of all the hero units in soulstorm, but that doesn't mean that the other units couldn't take a hit. The way its presented there just reeks of army units being nothing but cannon fodder while the elites/heroes get all the focus put onto them.

Still here shilling, eh OP?

While that example is pretty extreme, orks can grow pretty big, and warbosses etc. tend to be much bigger than their warband. Not that that's what they're thinking about here, it's hero visibility, and the only way they could think to distinguish them is by making them huge.

if all the tiny things are standard orks then the ork that shoots the firey rings out is more in line with what a warboss would look like which is still insanely huge comparatively. The big ork is like some kind of fucking goliath

How the fuck do you even parse information during gameplay?
With how colourful and cartoony the game is, even though it is somewhat of a stretch, I can allude this to aposematism. I'm sure many are visually turned off by how the game is purposely designed to appeal to the LCD instead of people who have the rare cognitive ability to count past potato.

Does anyone wants to play Soulstorm?

thats why hes the boss

That's actually how warhammer/40k orks are; the more important they become, the bigger they grow.

The evolution of this series is weird but you can pretty much compare it to Street Fighter.
>Dark Crusade is 3rd Strike Soulstorm isn't a real game
OP is obvious shill.

now try to explain to him how Orks are actually and no-exaggerating some of the most powerful natural psychics in the universe and if they actually realized this they'd be unstoppable

Let's not get into lore specifics. Yes orks can grow to 6 meters tall or more. Gharkul Blackfang was considerably bigger.
But we don't get a single marine that can take out 100 or more orks, we don't get primarchs so why should we get absolute giant orks from before the horus heresy, the types that the Emperor and Horus together had a hard time with.
It just doesn't fit with the game. Not that weak space marine fits any better, but eh.

I wonder if OP is a shill or just a newfaggot

Shill he is.

DATZ NOT ZOGGIN' GORGUTZ!

Fucking shills man.

There is no proof that GW is involved in the development process of any of the 40k or fantasy games, apparently they are just there to receive the money and then fuck off.

Well fuck, lets remove the byzantines from AoE2 then, and the imperial guard from DoW 1, because turtling is now bad because you dont like it.

Bullshit, gorgutz winning would make DoW2 non-cannon, stubbs had to win in order for things to happen in DoW2.
If anything, that means gorgutz did a number on the bloody magpies on soulstorm.
Nurelic cant even keep up with the established order of events of their previus games.

So I went ahead and subjected myself to a match replay of this garbage. This Indrid guy does some pretty entertaining casts of DoW 2 Elite Mod on jewtube and now tries casting this stuff. He's been somewhat apologetic towards dow3, but not a complete shill. My prediction is that he's not going to stick with it for very long.
Frankly I'm still a bit surprised how awful the game looks in action. That smudgy and blurred look, the greaves-as-helmets retarded animations and the criminal overuse of obtrusive effects. How can this happen, honestly?
Watching those Assault Marines chase the orks just makes my eyes bleed
Even he criticizes one specific animation
I'm so glad they gave Space Marines some hippety hop skipping animations so that players can tell the units apart, because it makes it so easy to tell what's going on in that fight

Yeah, probably like his dipping his toes into Total Warhammer, elite mod just has such a smaller but more dedicated community than MOBA of the month shit and Fantasy isn't his forte compared to 40k. Even in the comments he has people wanting DoW 2 casts.