I finished this yesterday, am i the only one who was utterly disappointed with it?

i finished this yesterday, am i the only one who was utterly disappointed with it?

the game just threw a bunch of references of the later games (chronologically of course) at you through substories, but it really failed to explain pretty much every detail that people could have an interest on. the minigames were definitive downgrades. Money was far too easy to get too, i know they used "money" as "experience" in this game, but they went way overboard, with the DLC items you practically start the game with 100 million yen, and if you play the real state royale right by the end you're walking around with 5+ billion in your pocket, not to mention you can keep making cash after that. in a couple of hours of this part of kiryus backstory you could make back enough money to pay the Tojo clan the money that was stolen in 2005 leading to the whole first game. that's going a bit overboard i think. besides Kiryu in this game is far stronger than the kiryu in 2005, you know, when the series start? things like this are why prequels are always a bad idea.

going through, the main story was incredibly short. every episode is just 3 rows of "go to X building, watch a cutscene, and beat up the bad guys who are easy even on hard mode", repeat twice and you jump to the other protagonist, total of 16 episodes + finale.
the main minigames (Real State Royale and Cabaret Club Czar) are just an annoying grind. you're supposed to play them over and over to farm billions of yen which you use to learn all the skills. was there some sort of economic explosion in 80's japan that im not aware of? because its common to beat up punks and get 200,000 yen in a single fight. where did all this cash even come from? also how come there's a mugging/harassment taking place every 20 steps and not a single policeman around?
Other than that, the game has all of the archetypes from previous games filled, there's the "girl that needs rescuing", which is usually haruka, in 4 it was Yasuko, and here its makoto

Shimano was a complete fucking asshole to majima and a traitor to the Tojo, not only that, but he plainly shots one of the big men from the Omi Alliance right in the face and faces no repercussions whatsoever.
Likewise, Dojima clearly attempts to seize total control of the Tojo through backhanded methods and employing a chinese assassin, and he also suffers no consequence whatsoever, not even a pinky finger like Kuze. the only one who paid the price in this whole situation was Hagawa, who is very clearly killed at the end by Omi assassins

it feels like every game after 4 is a step down, 5 had this huge conspiracy buildup that lead to a little disappointment at the ending and 0 was just plain disappointing in practically every aspect.

Your opinion is shit

Well what did you expect from a series that has become pretty much Japanese CoD? It should have died at 4.

I disagree, what 4 should have done though was be the last game with Kiryu. 5's plot was so fucking retarded by the end even though grumpy Taxi Kiryu was good in its own way.

5's plot was good until the ending, like i explained in my OP, the conspiracy-buildup was leading to something a lot bigger. the entire "ending" episode was just visibly rushed.

the omi alliance cancer guy makes majima fight saejima for no reason other than "saejima needs a final boss". he could have shot them both right there but nope, gotta make some time until the next plot device!
Shinada goes to the stadium and fights shigeki even after he had already given up on shooting haruka, again, solely because he needed something to fight as final boss.
Akiyama gets the spotlight -again- because he's yakuzas lightning, defeats 10000 yakuza and Kanai and gets his ego-penis collectively sucked by the 10000 yakuza from the other band at least akiyama is a cool dude, unlike the actual lightning
Haruka spills the beans and tells literally everyone in japan how can they easily find kiryu and the people that kiryu has an interest in protecting (namely, the children from Okinawa's Sunflower orphanage), because no one could possibly have a grudge against uncle kaz right?
Kiryu goes to fight the plot-twist final boss, this is practically the only fight that made some sort of sense within this rushed up poorly written ending. but it still comes out "unconfortable" because of how randomly they pulled it out of their ass.

other than the awful ending episode, Y5 is amazing, the mountain hunting, the taxi racing, the dance battles, the Amon battles this is probably the hardest Amon fight in the series, amon (Jo) is nigh impregnable to every form of damage except Tiger Counter in its last 4 or 5 healthbars its nearly a perfect game, and it was set to be greater than 4 except that instead of a cherry on top they put a writer's turd.

amen bruder
I played 5 and 0 both in moonspeak and I have no idea what it was about. I remember the hunting in 5 and Saejima had a nice jacket.
Zero was 80s style and I loved it.

Your also basically saying 4 was good when it had as much flaws as 5. I personally think 0 is the best one we've had in a while.

Why have people here hyped this game like its a fucking system seller?

Yakuza is great, but nowhere near that good

We should have gotten the Samurai spinoff titles. I played through Ishin in moon, the combat is pretty good. But of course, Sega knows that it wouldn't sell outside of Japan because Burgers don't care about any history besides their own and Euros only ever buy Football Manager.

That's where you're wrong, they also buy simulators.

Thats like saying Burgers only buy Fightans and Madden.

It's shooters and madden.

This can be attributed to increased gameplay complexity. Also, since the remake uses a version of Yakuza 0's stance system that point in and of itself is in contention.
Yes
Yes
also how come there's a mugging/harassment taking place every 20 steps and not a single policeman around?
So people don't bitch about getting that +1 CP
This is one of those prequel things where it shows you all these people who die in Yakuza 1 and how they deserved/not deserved it.
I doubt you're the only one, but your talking points are fucking trash.

Sega just is fucking retarded with marketing. If Koei Tecmo got Nobunaga's Ambition and The Romance of the Three Kingdoms to sell decently in the west again; sega could get Ishin to sell easily.

Wait minute, I didn't notice your talking points are so shit. There was an economy bubble that popped big time in the 90s. Which is why there was so much more money to get in this game along with the experience.

You know this is the red light disrtrict of Tokyo right? And that there have been always been muggers in every game? And why do you think Shimano and Dojima were honorable when they were complete pricks in 1 as well? How nu r u?

Oh, I don't deny that. The reason Yakuza is so unpopular in the west is because Sega fucked up. Instead of selling it as a quirky Japan simulator with Beat em' up elements in the same vein as Shenmue, they tried to make it seem like Japanese GTA with an English dub the backs that notion up, with much pointless swearing just to seem "mature" and edgy. That being said, I did enjoy Mark Hamill as Majima, one of the few things I did like.
Having also played zero, I have to say I enjoy playing as a more restrained Majima, it did a good job of showing that he wasn't always the bombastic madman we all know from the previous games and even shows that that part of his personality is more of a persona he puts on than his actual self. In fact, that's probably the most character growth we got out of Majima since four. Kiryu remains Kiryu, a little younger but still the same Kiryu we have been controlling since day one.

I've seen this explained away by his time spent in jail. You have a point with the money thing though. I enjoyed it a lot and you're the first person I've seen talk badly about it whatsoever, so maybe you are alone.

Is Yakuza 3 worth playing? I'm having a tough time finding a copy (for a reasonable price) that I'm starting to think I should watch it on JewTube. What do you guys think? should I keep looking for it or fuck it. I already have 1, 2, 4, DS, 5 and 0.

Its that or risk the series dying in the west again with 6 or 0 being never evers.

Euros only ever buy Fifa or PES
ftfy

0 just wasn't half as interesting as 4 or even 5. hell in those i at least tried to complete as much of the game as i could, but 0 fails completely at making you give a shit about the sidestuff.

fucking hell, just remake the game with the new engine don't rewrite the fucking gameplay. i can feel the franchise beginning its downfall. if they're going to start rewriting history they're going to fuck everything up.

that makes no sense, because RGG1 starts with kiryu going to collect some money with Shinji before the jail and he didn't have any "style" crap.

pirate it you dummy. and yes, it is worth playing. specially because the ending leads into the beginning of 4.

im just wondering because even street thugs seem to have pocket change in the millions of yen.

I bought it cheap at a pawnshop for 10 euros and i would say if you really want to get the whole experience then get the japanese version since they butchered 3 pretty much