What are some games where there is a cheap attempt to get the player invested in the characters with minimal or no...

What are some games where there is a cheap attempt to get the player invested in the characters with minimal or no effort?

The Walking Dead.

Both seasons? I recall too many people wanting to adopt Clem.

pic related was the only good emotional player character death in all of vidya. yes I know it gets fucked in 9

solid snake is the only snake I care about
kojima can fuck himself

I felt bad when the cute aryan loli died

Didn't make me invested in the dad though

Big Boss was OK, in MGS3, then it went downhill.

My problem with that was that I was supposed to think like Joel and see Ellie as a second chance, not to mention his daughter was literally presented to you just so she could get killed, imagine if at least she was able to be with you in the beginning doing more or less what Ellie can up until some point.

lost odyssey
fire emblem
most characters backstories in general

Last Guardian.

Ori and the Blind Forest. It's an enjoyable game with nice visuals but holy fuck is the emotional appealing in the story so blatant and cheap feeling.
Or that dumb shit with the bird hating the tree because bird babbies are allergic to sunlight or something.

Trico dies at the end, right?

He lives and raises his own baby griffin-hyena thing, it's cheap because you're supposed to care for that shit but people have already forgotten about the game.

It went against everything I expected then, I was expecting the stupid and cheap trick of giving people "feels" by killing off the Trico.

Whole game would have been better if there was no timeskip and it was just Joel and Uncle Tommy running around the first days of the zambie apocalypse. All zombie stories seem to be post-apocalypse these days thanks to The Walking Dead, but I was never interested in that, I was always most interested in the beginning days of the zombie outbreak where there's panic and riots everywhere and you watch civilization fall apart rather than zooming right past that and into "gravely-voiced survivor man wandering around ruins."

Basically, I prefer it like Resident Evil 2 and 3. I don't want to start off after shit's already been fucked up, I want to SEE shit get fucked up.

There's a cry-cry moment where he supposedly left the Boy after being mortally wounded after returning him back to his village then the epilogue cutscene happen.

yeah, tons of missed opportunities.

This fucking faggot from Mass Effect 3. You can't convince me that Shepard, especially a Renegade leaning one, would shed a tear or get PTSD over seeing a random civilian child die after years of combat and then have him be the one person out of his whole life that he sees in the ending.

You'd think BioWare was behind the latest "muh dead chillrun!" propaganda blitz over Syria with how insulting this character was to anyone that isn't a complete emotional wreck.

What do you expect from Cancerware and EA shoving deadlines and forcing creative changes with their constant change of writers, the entire Trilogy is filler content full of Sensitive Josh Whedon, and everyone just wants to bang their husbando and waifu, nobody gave a shit about that cheap plot device and shitty character.

Bioware games in general just reek of design by committee and different teams making whole chunks of the games with zero communication.

It "kills" the boy, then it almost kills Trico, then the boy has to tell Trico to go away because people think he's violent. It is EXACTLY what you should have been expecting.

Diablo 3, Leah, the most annoying character that I never gave a shit about, aside from ruining the entire game, overhyping it, always online DRM, turning Tyrael into a nigger, she was only created to make that not-Xeno-Feminine-Diablo redesign.

whenever i see "ghosts" being used to tell the story i already start to dont give a fuck

Press F to identify a no effort template thread?

Bioshit Infinite, namely Elizabeth.

Jesus fucking christ what a trainwreck of a game.