Horror

The best one besides 4. It's just so much better to have the HORROR BACK. You no longer play as overpowered. R.E 6 with its action made my eyes bleed with boredom.

HOOROR is great

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nXEF1lcW-oQ
youtu.be/UozhOo0Dt4o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica are the only good Resident Evil games.

context?

RE4 is good but it's not a Resident Evil game. Should've been called something else.

South African nigs trying to get at the white wimmin.

There are no whites in South Africa though.

RE died after 3 and it will stay dead

weak bait

It was a fine game, but it could use more content and locations.

1. REmake
2. RE1
3. RE2
4. REvelations 1
5. RE7
6. RE4
7. RE3
8. RE:CV
9. REvelations 2
10. RE0
11. RE6
12. RE5

Only the last 3 aren't particularly worth playing IMO, and even then RE0 still has the train section going for it.

your taste is shit

Man, am I sure glad that Resident Evil is focused on HORROR now.

WHERE
THE FUCK
IS OUTBREAK?

Bait or not I liked 7 quite a bit. It definitely is not worth 64 bucks with the amount of content it offers being extremely sparse, but by the time the full game is released and its somewhere in the 30 dollar price range I think it'll be worth it. I enjoyed the new gameplay, I'm glad they didn't skimp out on the bosses, and I liked the focus on the atmosphere and old school fight or flight gameplay/ resource management.

Really, about the only two things that were lacking was the content I mentioned before, and the enemy design. I think they would have honestly been scarier as individual looking mutated zombies then black beef jerky monsters.

I dislike how most of the enemies pop out at you. The occasional dog jumping through a window is one thing, but it just feels cheap when it's almost every enemy.

Are there any games that are eerie or unsettling in their implications, rather than survival horror or jumpscare horror? Something more like Lovecraft or Thomas Ligotti stories, or David Lynch movies?

Killer7, I guess.

the silent hill series is pretty heavily inspired by lynch, although there is straight up obviously horrific stuff going on there is more subtle stuff happening too, ice-pick lodges stuff might work for you too, maybe yume niki and other games of it's ilk.

Thank you!

Jumpscares aren't horror and never will be. It's lazy placeholder when you're devoid of ideas.

Bloodborne doesn't have many jump scares, and it's probably one of the most bleak, dreary and creepy settings I've experienced, especially the final area of the dlc. It's one of the few game worlds that actually made me feel slightly depressed.

Sounds great.

I think they have their place if used sparingly, but for the most part I agree. They're a cheap startle tactic.

Watched someone play Outlast 2 and they happened absurdly often. Not to mention, the volume was so high with the first few that It nearly blew my eardrums.

4 is the game that ruined the series.

jumpscares can be ok when they are the best option to tell the story youtu.be/nXEF1lcW-oQ

I thought jumpscares were bullshit until I watched mullholland drive youtu.be/UozhOo0Dt4o

One jumpscare strategically placed can be unsettling. It's still a lazy placeholder 99% of times it's used.

Walking down into the labs in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Every time.

Jumpscares make you flinch for half a second.
A great atmosphere can fuck with your well being for hours.

I agree, they are shite 99% of the time

I know what that is and I am not clicking it

Call of Cthulu can get pretty eerie if you can get into the game despite the occasionally shitty gameplay.

which horror game has the most difficult to defeat enemies? not including games with invincible enemies.

FOREVER UNDERAGE

they ruined the creepy vibe by almost immediately changing it into generic nighttime horror with washed out colors

the demo was way spookier

4 is obvously the best ;^)

There are. Even if they are technically mixed