This is going to be Vanillaware's Evangelion

Other urls found in this thread:

slantmagazine.com/film/review/pacific-rim
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why is Yosuke the protagonist?

He found what he was looking for.
She was hiding in an empty classroom.
Are they the reason she's running?

The girl is the pilot for the robot. She was hiding from the guy because she didn't want to pilot it. When she considers everyone else involved (maybe those she has to protect) she returns to the guy to pilot the robot. The robot protects the city by TAKING ROCKETS TO THE FACE.
Can't blame her for not wanting to endanger her life like that, especially since she seems to only be a highschool girl.

Get with the times, grandpa
ht tp://www.silicon era.com/2017/04/28/13-sentinels-ae gis-rim-expected-e3-2017/

I think he's the handler, not the pilot. The trailer focuses on the girl more than him so she's probably the pilot.
Also, concept art shows cute white-blond girls with holographic tattoos.

I want to smooch left's start text.

i was just japing my friend.

the 2D "odin's sphere" style crap already turned me off the game.

>>>/4chan/

you'll be in good company there with your shittaste

Fucking finally. I've been waiting two years for at least some new info. Hopefully that means the release date isn't too far off?

how's it like being emotionally unstable?

Vanillaware games look good on screenshots, but as soon as I see them in motion all the TWEENING makes my stomach hurt.

But that's wrong

The best thing that came out of NGE is fan content and cross overs.

How about you show some actual fucking gameplay.

You're not wrong.

Oh fuck that. Hideaki literally rips off every big eva doujin for that shit.

What's the gameplay?

Well, if we go by their previous games in a similar art style, Odin Sphere, Muramasa, and Dragon's Crown, then a side scrolling beat 'em up with light RPG elements and a lot of combos.
The wikipedia article for the game only states "action", and as they're mechs and the big stompy with a lot of guns type, might be more slow paced?

You spam attack button and see pretty light going off.

Friendly reminder that mechs are shit.

I'd agree with you if they never touched up Muramasa or Odin Sphere. Hopefully 13 sentinels keeps adding upon what they did to the odin sphere remaster, gameplay wise anyway.

What are you trying to say? Remixed mode in OS remake made it even dumber, in the original mode enemies at least can hurt you. Sometimes.

Let's see if I have the pasta.
Oh there it is, enjoy

slantmagazine.com/film/review/pacific-rim
The industry is fully aware that giant piloted robots make regulars feel uncomfortable. We've talked a shitload about this before. I don't remember the technical term, but it's the term for the threshold a fictional element must cross in order to be "just accepted" by the audiences suspension. Like in x-men, everyone more or less understands there is no meaningful explanation for their powers, but because it's fantastical enough people just buy into it for the movie. Some people can shoot fire and some can fly. It's whatever.
But when something is directly analogue to the real world, people expect a proper explanation. It isn't strange enough to just accept as being part of the fictional worlds rules (internally logical for the story), and it isn't part of real world activity, thus it demands an explanation. Here is where the problem comes though. It's a giant, complex machine. Any explanation will inevitably be equally complex, or at least the person expects it to be. This is, ironically, what a lot of people who are into mecha really like. There tends to be a caveat that explains it all (miniaturized nuclear power packs, or a special metal, or some sort of new tech that allows for all sorts of things).
People (normalfags, as people might reference them) don't see piloted mechs as "larger aircraft/spaceships", they seem them more akin to say a giant reactor mixed with a computer. They have no idea how to work the dials or make sure a power plant runs efficiently. They don't know how to pilot a spaceship either, but it seems more or less analogous to driving a car, and so it's not really seen as complex or urelatable. If you made a movie about a guy taking care of all the nitty gritty of say, an electrical distribution center, the jargon would make regular people feel incredibly alienated, and stupid. This is what people expect with giant robots (regardless of it happening or not). They just see a giant gulf of knowledge between them and understanding how a giant robot works. It's a giant machine, and the audience expects to feel stupid. Simply because it's not seen as a fantastical element.
Hence, the innate reaction to them.
There is also a racism aspect: giant robots are seen as a jap thing. People see jap stuff as weird and fetishized (well they aren't wrong). Hence they don't want to be seen as weirdo's either for liking jap stuff.

It'll be cool to see more of this. I had forgotten all about it since the 2015 release trailer and stuff.

You just described all wester/eastern platform vidya

The prettiest, mindblowingly pretty.

That you obviously didn't even play the game, because the combat is much better than the older version.

Something to actually look forward to in a E3.

Still waiting on a PS4 port of Muramasa Rebirth and a Dragon's Crown remaster/sequel.

It plays well and looks cool. Z is probably the best SRW series, after Alpha.