Dragon Ball Online

dbo.global/
Anyone on here play this?
What do you think of it?
I'm enjoying it so far but that's probably because I've never played an MMO before and I'm a massive DB fanboy.

Is there some 8ch guild I could join?
If not, does anyone want to get together to create one and then takeover the world?

no
it's shit
yes

Every fucking mmo lol.

It's still up? I saw a trailer and a few screenshots in 2008 and i thought the servers had shut down.

A bunch of people have started it back up again and are constantly translating it into english

Tch, tch, tch.
I thought you were better than that, Holla Forums. Don't tease people like that

gr8 b8 m8 nice 8

Hugh Wotmeight?

I tried it and it wasn't my cup of tea. I like Dragon Ball but the gameplay is very generic, the cash shop is a typical in your face Korean one and even the [7-Day] freebies are annoying in that they fill up your inventory. Also playing an energy character is unsatisfying because no punches, at least from how far I got. I can respect that it has Majin grills though.

There is this perpetuating meme when a bunch of autists take some ancient noname cartoon for retards, usually american one, and pretend there is mmo based on it going on, making in-jokes and referencing cartoons' contents as if they were game's updates and events. Somehow it's still allowed despite not being video games.

This one appears to be a real game though, but I'm not going to bother with checking it out.

Tried it and quit pretty fast. The shitty combat did nothing to ease the soul crushing grind. It also didn't help that the fucking time capsules or whatever they were called kept glitching out on me, so it would take like 10-15 runs to get through it without losing access to the special skill you get inside. Travel was a mind numbing chore if you couldn't fly, and I never bothered getting that far. The icing on the cake was how people said it was mostly translated, yet only about 20% of what I saw was English, half of that being Artificial Academy 2 tier machine translated. It was all Korean after the first 10 or so levels worth of quests.

Oh you mean like EEnE online and KotH online?
Fair enough

For some reason it never happens with anime or new cartoons, so I automatically assumed that op is about real game. Apparently it is.

WEW
Look at this dummy!

tips:

- farm the FUCK out of starting enemies to get zeni.
- get daily-tokens whatever-the-fuck get the 20 day slot bags through the T menu. They don't disappear so don't worry.
- the gear at the shop at first will be useful, don't be adverse to spending zeni on those.
- use the fucking upgrade system
-dragon balls will be gained through quests initially! After the quest, dragon balls will spawn randomly throughout an area during an event. You will need a dragon radar scouter for them to appear on the map. (The second hub-city in the forest has a merchant that sells those.) They will spawn in the inventory of enemies and you'll need to kill the enemy to get the dragonball.
-If you can, save potions, like always.
-Auction house is jewish, don't participate.

I forget what our group is called. the 'Eight'-something.

I aint reading that, but thanks for proving autism part.

This game actually has decent combat MMOs "For an mmo". For what ever insane reason, they decided they should hold all the fun stuff untill level 15+ and then start giving you shit like fast dodging, flying, charging and all the dbz shit you think of when you think of the show. I don't get why MMOs do this.

Well first off
Secondly

I played it fora bit but started running into a bunch of untranslated crap and getting any interesting clothing would be a major grind so I quit.

Yeah I'm level 26 now and the only quests that seem to be translated now are mainline quests.
Thing is as well, the "translations" seem to be broken English.

I'll fuck around with this for a bit. Any other general tips not already mentioned in the thread or a preferred channel to stick to?

You get your first set of Dragon Balls from quests early on but wait until you become an adult to summon Shenron otherwise all you can wish for is some gear.
The gear you get is pretty fucking sweet, but becoming Super Saiyan is even better.

So what's it like being born in the 2000s?

take your fake games out of here, this is now EEnE Online thread

Yeah it's a shame you can't become a high level child.
Aging should be a timed thing, not a quest thing.
You want to become younger faggot?
Then you better gather the Dragon Balls like King Piccolo did.

No. Start an rp from scratch if you want one, don't hijack previously made threads for it.

I'll keep that in mind. Also should I be worried about how I build my character or is something like that hard to fuck up?

This was my experience, pretty much. The very least they could do is run ALL the strings through the google translator in one go. But even that is apparently too much work for them.

Nah, there's reset trainers everywhere.

Anyone remember the Holla Forums guild name?

The8thSchool, although nobody capable of inviting has been on for awhile I think.

>literally every time Dende opens his mouth all I hear is Rise Kujikawa
Looks like there's no going back

Time to start a new one then I guess…
Holla Forums-Fighters?

Ain't that the chick from P4?
She was my least favourite of the gang tbh, seemed like Atlus was trying too hard to make her the waifu character when they gave her that personality.

is it the same as the old dragon ball online ?

Yeah, it's slowly getting translated.
I'm not sure if these new folk could potentially add stuff to the game, I mean I don't see why not.

I'd rather get a couple Anons together so we can autistically Z rank everything in XV2 together.

Even pirating that trash is insulting for my computer. Fucking PS2 games had proper hair style change. This is unacceptable. I will never fucking touch that, NEVER.

I'm sorry you have severe autism, user.

You can't be as sorry as I am.

No, I done it in XV1. No way in hell am I doing it with the glitchy fucking mess that is XV2.

Why hasn't there been an attempt at using Ouroboros yet?

If anyone cares, Super is finally taking lore from DBO.

When Broly 4?

Now that I think about it, WHY HAVEN'T THE DONE THAT SOONER?!
All the humans shoulda opened up schools.

Going to start a new guild.
Unless there's no interest, and given how slow the thread is going…
I might not.

Respond to this post with your username and character name if you want in.
If I get enough people I'll do it.

It's a real shame that most of the quest details in the Majin section are in moonrunes because they cant be bothered to fully translate a game before releasing it.

Honestly I'd actually be happy with them running the full thing through jewgle translate. Then continue actually translating.
I mean 99% of the quests will wind up in broken english but anyone with half a brain should be able to piece together what it means.

Annemone, also you need to be on the same channel and in a party to invite into or create a guild last I checked.

Oh, well I'll pop on the now then. What channel you on?

Channel 0

Wewlad so much for that.

this looks p fun, shold I play it?

If you like Korean grinders.

I got Holla Forums to play it ages ago with me. PoeTato, I ran the guild (School of the 8 Frogs or something, I forget what the final name I chose for it). Ended up getting distracted and stopped playing. No idea if any of them are still playing.

It was meh. Fun figuring out what to do, how to go real super sand and tracking down the dragonballs after the story use of them.

Well it turns out some of you are still playing.

Yep, everything is right where I left it.

Shit I thought you ended up dying, I just now left it on Annemone thinking the new one would form.

I did die but only on the inside.

Kinda miss this.

I'll be on later if anyone here wants to join the old guild. It's annoying but you can only invite people if you can click on them, so I'll have to party up with you, fly to you, then invite you to the guild. I should be back online in no more than 3 hours for anyone who wants to join the guild.

Aight, I'm on.

Hop into Channel 0 if you want guild invite.

Sweet, where we meeting?

I'll invite you to party and fly to your location so you can keep playing as you where. Just whisper at me, username PoeTato.

Aight I'm off for the night.

Yeah, she's also Dende's voice actor
At least until she was burched for the last game

Advice for anyone that can't figure out how to delete a character if they fuck up a name or something. The default passwords for character deletion are either 123456789, 0123456789, or 1234567890. If none of these work then try your password, and if that doesn't work you can set it to your password by changing your account password to a new one or the same exact one, it takes 11 hours for a character to be deleted and you can cancel the deletion at any time within those 11 hours.

Anyone got 150k zeni to get me the fuck out of here?

Nigger, where do you think we are?
Calling someone autistic on Holla Forums is like calling someone a fag in San Francisco, its more of a statement than an insult.

Only Frieza and his goons use power levels. There are no power levels after Frieza's second form (1 million), except in Resurrection of F, where he estimates that after training he should be able to get to 1.3 million.

You're right, only Frieza's empire used the term "power levels", but it's a reference to a real thing.

Scouters detect Ki and output it as numbers.
You can also sense Ki (which Vegeta quickly picks up on after his encounter with the earthlings).

Whether using technology or "sensing" someone's immense power, it's a real thing in the Dragon Ball world. We just use "power levels" because it's a canon term. You can also use "battle power" if you want.

Here is a copy pasta I saved a long time ago:

"Powerlevels over 1000 are rare across the universe, which is also why Saiyans at PL 1000-4000 on average were considered super dangerous and why early zenkai boosts are so low and shitty for them.

Freeza's soldiers ranked between 500-2000 presumeably and his elites were in the ranges of 10k-25k and the ginyu in 40k+ ranges, with Captain Ginyu being so retardedly powerful at 120k that literally the only character besides Freeza that could compete with him prior to the Namek saga was like, Oozaru Vegeta.

It's also possible people like Yamcha and Krillin are freakshows like the Ginyu force and have absurdly high potential and growth compared to their race's averages. Except they actually fucking train so achieving levels of like 200k is entirely possible.

As for Goku and Vegeta and Gohan, once you pass that threshold of the higher thousands it seems zenkai boosts legit skyrocket in power, I think Vegeta even says something abut that. The reason Saiyans never got that strong before is because there's not enough good competition in the universe for them to level up on. Once they reach like 5000-10,000 they're pretty much unstoppable as far as typical warriors go. Even Namekian warriors weren't as strong as Bardock, King Vegeta, or Nappa, save for Nail of course. And obviously the 10x boost from Oozaru made them even more impossible to beat granted a full moon was out. An army of Great Ape Saiyans could have killed Freeza and his elites if Freeza never managed to transform in time."

My point is that you don't have numbers for stuff after Frieza. You could try to argue that shit like "I was only using 50% of my power means that his full power level is twice as high as what we previously saw, but then RoF has his power level only being 1/3 higher than his second form, despite his second form not even being anywhere close to him using 50% of his power.

Also
If that were the case he wouldn't be scared shitless of him. It's not like he said "oh no I can never fight him without my tail!"

Saiyans, despite Vegeta's pride in them, were clearly low level in Frieza's army. Transformation was easy for them, yet nobody took them seriously. Frieza only feared the Super Saiyan, not their giant monkey form.

Also, Super manga's Trunks says that Vegeta and Goku got too powerful for any more zenkai power ups to take effect at some point (I'd assume when they got God Ki or something).

bumping because of interest.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SKILL RESPECS!
It turns out you can only get full respecs from class trainers until level 30/adulthood, after which you require specialized consumable items that come in two flavors: Green full respec book which is from the shop or sold by other players for buttloads of zeni, and Brown single skill point removal books which you get a handful of from a popo box, can get from the shop, or from other players for a lot of zeni.

Time limits on items like bags and vehicles are now functional.

Shiet.

Why the hell would they enable that? The only real use out of it was to push people into using money.