Casual gaming

I always play rpg games on easiest difficulty because i only care about the story.
In FPS games i select an easier difficulty to not constantly cover from fire and feel how enemy dies in one shot, rather 10 shots in the head.
I play fighting games on easy difficulty to learn combos, instead of trying against hard computer.
I never beaten dark souls without cheating.

Sometimes when i look people laughing at DSP i feel sad for him, because i am just as shit at video games.

git gud

Tried. Didn't work. My brain just sucks.

Maybe you should take a bit of time to learn how the games you play work.
Dark Souls, let's take 1 for example, isn't so hard when you learn and understand how dodging works (parrying too for enemies that can be parried, which is basically just timing based), upgrading weapons also helps a lot.

That's why difficulty settings in games are cancer.
If you didn't play on easy you'd start off bad but eventually get good.
"I never beaten dark souls.", fixed it for ya.

I have a cousin with literal brain problems(nothing too serious, though) and he sucked so hard at any game he tired. One day he saw me playing Monster Hunter on the wii and wanted to try it, he started off bad but later on became actually pretty good, even finished it and Tri is one of the hardest of the series. Later on the same happened with Dark Souls but it wasn't as challenging at first because he just got gud from his previous games.

user, i can't even defeat a gargoyle without cheats. Dodging is a thing of luck and skill, and i have neither because i don't have reaction good enough to actually manage it.

Without difficulty settings a lot of people who only play their games after working hard in real life would complain. It also allows more customers to buy your game.

I actually wish games like Dark Souls, Nioh and Bloodborne had difficulty settings. Or at least a top down pause combat system with automatic dodging according to chance, so i can at least plan my moves.

what the fuck is this casual shit

If you find the gargoyles hard, you can skip them for the time being and try other areas, get accustomed with the gameplay, find the type of weapon you find the most comfortable, level up a bit, upgrade your gear, then later go back to the gargoyles and you'll most likely find them easier since you'll be stronger by that point.

I had troubles with the Gargoyles on my first ever playthrough, but I eventually got through it.

actually to add; If you've been playing games for YEARS and not impaired to an extreme effect, you're fucking retarded. If you love games you will learn to love them by beating them.

I don't want to make this sound like a bait, by telling you that i don't want to work hard to play video games. The problem is i am having is that i love lore and story of some video games, and characters in them. But if i get stuck what the point of exploring them? I don't want to constantly open my browser to look up guides how to defeat one shit or another, or even worse load up youtube videos and walkthroughts, which would be required if i'l try harder games.

Find another hobby you shitstain

Uhn "no".
Not trying to downplay his achievements but outside of barroth and plesioth Tri isn't that hard

Games are serious business user. If you're having fun you are doing it wrong.

I love beating video games, i don't like being forced to go through intellectual and skill checks to beat them.

There's a reason why video games have unique settings. Because they fit interactive adventures the most.

I suppose you right. I want to have fun, not work hard to go get that "fun".

Is your problem purely reaction speeds or just basic understanding of how the fuck to play? How do you do with turn based games?

You fucking idiot, not knowing where to go is different from PLAYING A GAME. Being lost in a game is different from being a fucking casual.
There's a difference between "I'm going to give up and just dial the difficulty back or call it quits" and "I'm going to push myself to beat this fucking game".
I can understand a game having bad controls, maze-like level design and weird depth perception or some stupid fucking retard decision that makes the game more harder than usual, but usually you dust that off.
You can have fun playing shitty story-driven games, but you can also have fun playing challenging games that engage you the player into something that cannot be experienced in a story-driven game.

That is not to say that the harder = the better, there's more to it than just that but usually you need some form of actual difficulty to make the game worth needing your full attention.

Turn based games are especially hard actually. Because they always make AI to fuck my ass. But i am better at them in terms of strategic placement and controls. So i play them at easy too, but don't suffer from any control problems. Because i don't want to sit through one battle for hours to find the right tactic, only then to find out i fucked up something hundred turns ago.

Loved the shit out of recent age of decandence. Because every step you take is logical, and you can make the game easier just by leveling up right and look for other options.

Its just user you smart and skillful ableist, and i am a retard who can't play video games. I understand.

You should look into puzzle games, specifically the type that are entirely based around not guessing. Something like the games on brainbashers (free) or Hexcells/Squarecells.

Puzzle games don't have good stories or settings, user. They are shit for that matter. I would rather look into quest/adventure games.

If you're a bitch. Games aren't about instant gratification. It's supposed to present you with challenges that are fun to overcome. By taking the challenge away you basically take away from the game what shold make it fun. Try telltale """"games"""", those shits are just doing unfailable QTE until you end the game, it may present you with a nice story, but it's not a fun game to PLAY.
If you have a tiring job and want something relaxing, watch movies or jack-off to your favorite mangos. If you don't get exhausted and want to be challenged by a game, play it like it's intended to be played, it's more fun that way, unless it's a shitty game, losing is part of the game.

The good thing about that game is it's real time action combat. Also, no luck involved in dodging, but trying to dodge those giand and quick spears is a bad choice of actions, try blocking it with a shield instead instead of running to cheats(Summons are available to that fight too, and since that's a 2on one fight, it makes it much more easy). Having to actively dodge and plan and react to stuff as they happen is what makes the combat engaging. Let's have instead of automatic dodge according to chance, automatic everything according to chance: "Wow, after 3 tries, you finally finished Dark Souls! You did it! Good Job!"
What a lazy ass motherfucker. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to check guides on how to do do things. You do it bacause you've no patience to try and find an answer for yourself.

Which Monster Hunter games are harder and why?
I now freedom unite and the ones before it had absurd hitboxes and were super hard to complete because of it. But I was talking about tri having a very large HP pool for the monsters even in the offline village. And Plesioth wasn't in Tri, maybe you're thinking of Tri Ultimate?

Not in linear games. If you lose in singleplayer you have to try again or reload. If you lose in MMO or multiplayer game, you continue, have option to levelup/restock and take another round. In singleplayer games losing means not progressing. In every other game presenting a challenge losing is truly part of the gaming process.

You don't want to play strategy games then, don't play them.

This nigga doesn't want games, just the stories. Go watch a movie. i'm outta here

Movies are all generic shit thanks to hollyjews.

Shit, I could've sworn Plesioth was in Tri but online only. Well, only barroth and alatreon are hard then.
FU and stuff before that have the fucked up hitboxes, yeah. 3U introduced some monsters that completely blow anything Tri had out of the water(lel) when it comes to difficult, metal raths, lucent narga, savage jho and the two lagiacrus subspecies(although abyssal is just bullshit).
4U brings in the very challenging HOT MONKEY DONG back from FU, as well as a powered up teostra and raging brachy(to make up for it though, jho, regular brach, and some other monsters seem to have been nerfed).
XX has some decent challenges, divinesight mizu is a great and difficult at first fight, and azurebolt astalos is just straight up bullshit, of course you can trivialize literally all monster fights with brave style though, so there's that.

Anyway, i found motivation to go play some video games to piss you all off.

You only care about the story because you haven't found out the fun gameplay provides. Play Gothic - no difficulty settings to tempt you and a lot of fun with both story AND gameplay

The only proper was to play FPS is to kill in one hit and die in one hit.

become proficient

Watch anime then.

This shows how braindead you are with games.
Losing means you're not progressing in the story, but you progress as a player, you learn from your loss, you get to try something different, you're getting punished for a risk you chose to take, etc. Just like in real life, failing is just another step towards finally succeeding.

Yeah, I guess the endgame stuff from the newer games are harder than the endgame stuff from tri, since it basically had no endgame except for Alatreon. But the early game was brutal in Tri. I can't find the source for it but I think they had the single player monster HP very high on that one, that made the early monsters specially tough, Barroth being the best example.

Go play "I wanna be the guy" and only return to Holla Forums after you completed it. Feel free to choose the easy difficulty on that one.

They rarely make something interesting and adult nowadays. Only pantsu and moeshit. But i do appreciate some 80s/90s stuff.

Its shit, i know of it.

You should leave the hobby, OP
No seriously, stop playing videogames. If you don't feel like this is for you, you shouldn't do it. If you are not good enough to even play on normal, rest assured you are not part of the target audience, but rather the "extended" audence used to boost sales. You are the equivalent of a The Big Bang Theory viewer. There to be appeased with minimal effort. Leave and don't come back, we'll both be better this way.

No, i'l continue playing video games, sorry Holla Forums. This is the only way to not get stuck here instead, browsing Holla Forums for eternity.

You don't need a source tbh, Tri was my first and boy do I remember timing out against barroth multiple times before beating him

Maybe you aren't playing the right games. Esports cancer and fightan games kick my ass, but I ace gsgs and RTS on hardest difficulty. Try harder or play something more your speed.