Syberia 3 removes Denuvo only a week after release

When Syberia 3 was released, it had a botched protection where they protected the DLL file instead of the exe file. This is because Denuvo uses a form of VMProtect DRM which doesn't work great on Unity based engine games. It also suffered performance issues, which normally doesn't affect games with Denuvo but it happened with this game.

3 days later a guy named SomeRandomAntiDenuvoGuy cracked the game and completely removed Denuvo from the game, giving a major performance boost and a Linux compatibility. This is a case where a pirate improved the game.

Today, 7 days after release. Microids released Patch 1.1. With that patch, they removed Denuvo from the game.

Confirmed by CODEX and cs.rin.ru

Too bad its SJW shit.

Assuming OP isn't full of shit it seems to affect all unity games.

Removing Denuvo won't make the game more relevant though.

Near a tomato when?

Do you mean performance or Denuvo?

Better games like Nier: Automata and Dishonored 2 take some time to crack.

NIER WHEN???

From what i understood, SE gave a lot of money for an upgraded version of Denuvo so it wont be any time soon.

Anyone played siberia series? I still have that game on my backlog

Yeah, right

I played the first game years ago, I vaguely remember it being a walking simulator.

First two are comfy as fuck.

great point and click games, I should play 1 some time but I heard it's as good as 2

They got Syberia too?
How bad is it?

ITS OUT BABY

I expected that, especially since I didn't even know the 3rd one was being made

Nigger they directly funded the company that makes Denuvo

Not the best P&C adventure games, but that doesn't mean they aren't good. The puzzles and story are decent, the dialog is good and the atmosphere is top-notch. While you do play as a female protagonist, she isn't the strong independent woman that needs no man, but instead is a flawed individual that searches the world for an 80-year old dude just to get him to sign some papers, also she literally gets cucked, by her BFF.

I haven't played it for 15 years, I clearly said

it only seems to affect unity but unity is a great engine right? i only hear about how much people love it here :^)

Frankly, Unity running like shit when Denuvo is slapped on it seems more like a plus. Game engines being optimized for DRM is the last thing I want.

lmao nice bait

It is, the game is fucking great. You will cry like a faggot.

The gaming industry is ill in so many ways it's astounding that it is still alive.

Because reality isn't a factor. It's a security blanket for the shareholders that makes them feel better ignoring that it really fucks over the real customers.

Ehh

Clearly he is accumulating all the info, lets us just wait.

So does this mean that CPY aren't the only people trying to crack denuvo. And doesn't this beat Resident Evil 7's record? Or am I being completely retarded here and missing something. I know they removed it, but this is all before that, right?

Its not supposed to be unbreakable, just last a set period of time. No ones retarded enough to actually think something is never going to be cracked.

never forget

.t denuvo PR

Well MGS5 and Atomato both run flawlessly with denuvo active.
Can't say for any other games.

I was expecting NiER: Automata to be double that time :(

It IS double the normal time since I had to 100% the second time after wiping my save file.
You can complete everything in roughly 50 hours.

Unless you meant it will take 200 hours to 100% for the first time, in that case I have no fucking idea where are you coming from.

I saw people raving on about it, I expected it to be fuckhuge. I mean, I'm not mad, just had my expectations skyrocket.

Nice bait.

Man who are you kidding, he was so annoying. Now I liked the train mechanic but his voice drove me up the wall. Why do they call her katewalker instead of kate? Even people in the underworld do that.

It's fuckhuge in terms of quality, not quantity.
If you want 200+ hours of opening the same crates and killing the same mobs try skyrim or fallout 4.

what you experience is called "Hype", user, try not to fall for it again.

That's what they are though. Counting pixel hunting as gameplay is just as stupid as counting selecting choices in VNs.

They may remove it, but you're still paying the bill.

Boycott all games with Denuvo.