Sequels that ruined franchises

What are some sequels that ruined their respective franchises?

For me it's this one. Hands down. Saints Row 3 ruined the franchise so much that it's now impossible for there to be a good game in it's series now.

To put it into perspective Volition bet so heavily that this joke would forever be funny that they're making a new "wacky" spinoff called Agents of Mayhem. Which looks like complete garbage just from it's cover art.

Let's go over all of the shit Saints Row 3 ruined about the franchise

It's hard for me to think of a sequel that ruined a franchise more than Saints Row 3.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(North_America)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody asked for this and it sucked.

This piece of shit, don't think I need to list the reasons.

They did kill Johnny for no reason.

Of course it didn't last long. Neither did killing Julius who they brought back as Literally Keith David.

It was good and different. It was just too much of a radical change for the series

THERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH SAINTS ROW 3
Now that I got your attention, saints row 2 is an example of a game with good gameplay that has bad gameplay because of the technical issues. Because low frame rate, constant stutters, bugs and crashing are definitely relevant to gameplay and therefore gameplay. So saints row 2 has bad gameplay and is a bad game.

And yet is still leagues better than everything that came after it.

There are a lot of things that can contend as ruined but I think it has to do more with the fanbase demanding more of the same trash because that means the garbage fire will burn brighter and bigger so something like C&C isn't ruined because fans hate everything past 3.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which one, Holla Forums? Which one stung the most? Can you even feel anymore?

Perhaps Gaben knew, all these years…

When you put some no-name millennial in charge of your 20-year-old flagship franchise, and he fucks it up so bad that the only way he can fund his next project is to address all the myriad fuckups and how he'll fix them next time… you got big problems.

It still blows my mind that for 6, instead of going back to the rock-solid 4 they said "Hey, how about we stick with all of 5's problems, make them worse, but then for variety we also try to mix in some Endless Legend in the worst possible way?"

GTA 4 for sure.

It might be because the wound is still fairly fresh and just got some more salt added to it, but this one hurts the most

The franchise was fucking destroyed.

So many devs have been absorbed by EA that it stopped hurting long ago and what did you expect from Bethesda. These never really hurt me because there wasn't any disappointment to be had when you knew it'd already be bad.
What's stopping the devs from making a true sequel.
This one stung the most but I'm not at all surprised after how botched 2 was, I'd rather see the same company make a Vietcong reskin for the Korean War.
You mean V, Leslie and his crew worked on GTA IV and it wasn't any San Andreas it surely better than V but I'm not going to argue this for the at least 30th~ time but V is the CoD of the series.
That game is notable for being in development hell more than anything else about it, did you expect it to be good after all those years.

Last I heard, they were, and disavowing Postal 3 completely. But that was quite some time ago.

They explicitly state their opinion on how horrible it was in the expansion that came out in 2015.

People will say it made some improvements by making the combat more fun and having some decent side characters but it ruined the franchise. The combat in the first game wasn't particularly good but the sequel stripped what little depth it had out of it in favour of making the game a GOW clone. Some of the characters may have been alright but you couldn't even talk to them outside of scripted moments and the best character can't be gotten until near the end of the game and getting him triggers the final segment. The main story was also a complete joke and was filler that could easily be removed without anyone noticing.

ME1 had it's flaws but there was potential there. Anyone who played ME2 should have seen the writing on the wall though, I knew as soon as I played it that the franchise was dead.

This also killed an alright franchise with some potential, the only redeeming thing about it is that they somehow made the next game even worse.

While the game was good in it's own right(inb4 all asscreeds are shit) it had a different feeling from the first and set the tone for the rest of the series. What I liked about 1 was that you had to investigate your target, before killing him, things like listening to a conversation to hear about a secret entrance, look where the guards are stationed before going in the mansion, and so on. The combat was still easy, but not as easy as the later entries in the series, sneaking and assassination attacks were preferred to straight up combat. It really made you feel like an assassin, however the latter series, didn't put an accent on sneaking, infiltration and planning your attacks, but just gave you more gadgets to kill your targets and made you a master of combat. In IV they even made the eagle-view let you target up to 10 targets and you could see them even through walls and even after you exited eagle-view.
tl;dr I wish it were more like Hitman than the Ubisoftgame

Video related is a good analysis why Saints Row 3 is shit, in fact it's very similar to what you just typed out, in fact OP you might be this cunt I'm getting vibes from him.

Just play it on the PS3 if you can't take the PC port's issues.

Nope.

Please. No more sir. The feelings of quality games of years gone by.

Guild Wars 2
A lot of those other things I can find excuses for, like the base gameplay is decent or it looks nice, or good world building. Something.
With Guild Wars 2 there's only one positive thing, Jeremy Soule's music, and even that was middling at best (with a few exceptions).
Everything else in that shitshow of a game was awful. I'd rather development hell killed it and we live with what ifs

good thing you arent in game design if such a thing seems impossible to you.

It was shit from the beginning
Shit textures
Shit combat
Didn't have the entire story written for eventual sequels
No ability to add content
No override folders

SR3 was such shit. The driving was awful too. Also, the cars were made out of dynamite.

Forcing a character on you was so stupid when you could create your own warden in DA:O.

It's true though as the devs are absolute cancer to the series. There's zero chance they'll make a good SR game.

its happened before

ANOTHER
one of these?
We just had the exact same one like a week ago, wtf.

Basically every 3rd (sometimes 4th) game in a franchise.
this one's an exception
>god of war fatherly love 3
Many others!

Wanna have a go faggot?

Battlefield 3
Borderlands 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Team Fortress 2
DooM 3/DewM
Homeworld 2

Also Steelport is garbage. It's a generic city with no variety whatsoever except maybe that island that later becomes zombified. Stilwater in SR2 had fucking EVERYTHING a location could have. Sure it wasn't as detailed as a GTA location but it was a fun place to stay.

Actually me2 was the best out of the franchise.
Best character development, tightest story, no more boring-ass "drive around for 40 minutes and collect shit", balanced classes, just-right combat, just-right length, decent cutscenes, decent dialogue, funny renegade interrupts, interesting occurrences etc.

invisible war didn't do as much damage to the franchise as human revolutions, the franchise is un-recoverable right now

The Volition that brought us Saints Row 2 and Red Faction Guerllia are long gone.
It's like Bill Nye and Troma Films. We hold these things in high regard because of the past, we hope their next outing will be a blissfilled reminder of how things used to be, only to get hammered with some terrible garbage.

Reminds me of Battlefield 2, Socom and MAG and Bad Company 2.
BF2/BC2
I loved that feature. It made sniper battles more intense.

Then Battlefield 3 /4 came along.

Fucking DICE. Don't even get me started on hardline.

Socom 4
Into the trash it went, and so did the entire fucking studio.

in the case of saints row, its mostly issue with the writing, no? writers can come and go as trends dictate.
on the more technical or nuanced side of things such as the things you describe, i am less optimistic.

Poultrygeist was funny as hell nigga what are you talking about.
WHY THE FUCK DO THEY HAVE PLANETSIDE 2 ON PC BUT NOT MAG, IS IT BECAUSE PLANETSIDE WAS ON PC FIRST, THAT SHIT HAS ME HEATED BECAUSE MAG AND OTHER PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVES HAD SO MUCH FUCKING POTENTIAL AND THEY WERE FUCKING DASHED BY THEIR JUDAISM.

There's a lack of impact to the writing. The scene with Gat beating the shit out of Akuji was excellent. The monster truck rally. Carlos' death.

poultrygeist was at least something new and not a sequel, it's o.k but what makes it good in my eyes is that it's a clear case of a director trying something new after learning how to do it properly and blending it well into their own thing

Alright, you got me on Poultrygeist. The Taint, pardon the pun, tainted my judgement for a bit.

As someone who has only casually played civ v a few times with friends, do you mind telling me what makes it so garbage compared to the previous games?

Burch please go.

The franchise was already DOOMed with Doom 3. Doom 2016 was a step up from that.

sometimes when games try for a new audience they actually land a new audience.

Having an audience doesn't make the game good.

What does? Bells and whistles?
SR1 and 2 had shit core gameplay, what does it matter if you have 3 layers of clothes if the game sucks?
Also was burch involved into SR3 somehow?

Hey, let's take a beloved stealth franchise and turn it into a puzzle game with wiimote swordfighting and kill off or fridge any characters that had interesting personalities and motivations in order to make the grimdark edge character and the retarded recurring villain even more grimdark and edge and even more retarded.

Ayame and Kiku's relationship was the only plotline done even remotely well in the mainline series and they shat all over it for some ow-the-edge bullshit. Tenchu 1 and 2 had two main characters and were better for it, you can tell by the cover that by the time Shadow Assassin's was released they thought that Retardedmaru was the main character. I hugely preferred Fatal Shadows to WoH precisely because Retardedmaru wasn't in it, the story was miles better even if the translation got nonsensical with that poetry. Normally I'm against reboots but if there's ever another Tenchu game then it NEEDS to be rebooted because the story has become a complete and utter mess and it's mostly due to them trying to write a plot around a character with zero emotions, personality or brain cells.

the burch family are dlc summons or something like that. i dont know if he actually had anything to do with the game though

Not being Saints Row 3 or 4 for starters.

Nah.

Massive shills for it because their friends worked on it, and later replaced VA's and got a dlc dedicated to them.

I don't mind this per se, but it led to Persona 4, 5 and there will never, ever be a game like Persona 2, ever. It's also ruining SMT as a whole with the waifubait.

SR2 was personalization to an extreme degree when you engage a player with extreme details, you build a world. Stillwater was like San Andreas ,huge, plenty to do , plenty to see and everything feels somewhat natural.
A well written story with just the perfect ratio of serious and silliness.

SR3 decided that it's not personal anymore. They decided that everything is a joke and LOLRANDUMXD is what everyone wanted non-stop, out of the gate. They forgot how to be serious, they forgot how to involve the player in the world. They created a doll house and you're just the annoying kid from next door who is allowed to play with it, but not get it too dirty.

Burch DLC staring the Cuckmiester himself and the object of his lust, his sister.
It's literally where the Dark Cock rises for Burchyboy.

Could be worse. They could have added zombies , color coded combat and make it 2edgy4u like Yaiba Ninja Gaiden.

I'm still salty. Replace a few words here and there, and P5 literally is Persona 2. Just with "More style" and happinesss and an EZ baby's first smt mode.

If I need to explain this one than you're newer than new.

I mostly never stick to one series, even though I agree SR3 was definitely worse than 2, so I cannot say which series was ruined, etc…
But over time, I agree that most games today lack "nice little stuff", things you don't notice first but you end up seeing over time and you appreciate it, like body awareness, objects flying around because of a grenade (that you exploded with a shotgun shot like in F.E.A.R), being able to evil or an asshole in an RPG without overwhelming downsides you might just remain a paladin to not get JUSTed (I think of Alpha Protocol, even if I concede there might be more recent or better examples), you know, stuff that gives a soul to the game and make you think "woah, that's rad".

The downfall began with V, let's be honest.

Bad from the beginning.

Nah m8 she's as bad as her brother. Of course she's a woman and looks good so she's not as pathetic as him.

I don't know which is worse. I liked Dead Rising 2 (Not as much as the original game, but not awful as the later sequels), but it pretty much paved the template for what Capcom considers to be Dead Rising.

I know this is bait but sometimes I feel like the only person who doesn't orgasm over muh job system and muh ATB.

howcome the real ashley is more attractive? its mind boggling

them ruining the psychopaths is what really did it in for me

SR3's shit engine doesn't allow for indepth facial customization. It only has three settings "unique NPC" , "the samey face " and "Hideous cartoon".
I mean, fuck. They could have spent 10 minutes making the characters look good if you're paying for it.

Personally, it was the music.
How did the canadians do this ?

Oh yeah, they went overboard with Celldweller in 2 (Which imo was hit & miss.)

Moose dick is a hell of a drug.

You sure it isn't "refugee" dick?

Never played DR3, but to think they would butcher it even further with DR4. What happened to poor Frank…
Meanwhile

This is why you never throw this kind of project to people who don't know shit about the series it's about, absolutely no one in the DR4 team actually cared for DR4 and they never did something like this (some of them only had Kinect and/or sports games like FIFA in their resume). Also they were Canadians, Canadians ruin everything.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

The first title "borrowed" combat elements from the likes of God of War & Devil May Cry and worked in an established, but oft forgotten, franchise. It wasn't perfect but a decent effort.

The demo from the second title played and looked fantastic. The finished project was shit. Some very interesting development stories if you go looking.

And theres a shitton of autists eating that garbage.
It also led to SMT becoming pure garbage as well.

Endless Legend came out four years later after Civ 5.

Man, that cover is really boring huh.

How the fuck can the first game in a series ruin itself? Unless you're claiming it ruined MoH which frankly, apart from AA, was completely inferior to the first CoD.

Enjoy your j-pop rpg with all the catgirls and queer males. Cyberpunk is the thinking man's setting of choice.

Point me to the JPop in FFs I-VI.

Tactics is the best FF.

Some would argue that C&C:TW was the final nail in the coffin, but it was [nothing] that killed C&C.

TW was actually good and the DLC tied up loose end quite nicely.

The game itself was alright, but it's failure spelt the end for Westwood and put the series into a downward spiral.

Not that guy but honestly FF Tactics is literally just a simplified version of Tactics Ogre, and for reference I don't like grid based SRPG's in general and blame TO and FFT for stagnating the genre; Ogre Battle was miles and away better than any grid SRPG. The circlejerk FFT gets on places like the codex is entirely undeserved.

What the fuck are IDs?

All of the above, thanks for the (you).

It's enabled on this one.

That's only you, faggot.

Never seen that been an issue on Holla Forums before. Stop being a queer.

wut? It's clientside dumbfuck

Sage me again daddy.

shiggy diggy

I don't think I have to explain.

Found the cuckchan crossposter

Persona 3. This trash right here ruined forever what was an amazing jrpg series. Now it's all about teenagers with their everyday normal lives and problems and how many waifus you can bang. Sure, 4 is even worse since it's basically 3 mixed with Scooby Doo, but it was 3 that started it.

none of the diablo games are good

way ahead of you, mate. see

Oh didn't saw before someone already pointed it. good to see people in Holla Forums that don't have shit taste.

Actual perfection

Dogshit

Surprisingly good

Haven't even played it since it got panned by everyone.

actually things went down hill with sun since just before that is when EA brought westwood up

westwood died with EA buying them, any game which was made soon after that wouldn't have fixed this

I never fucking remember is it dead island or dead rising that was never good?

Dead Rising 1 was okay, at least.
Dead Island was the disappointing zombie game with false advertisement.

I never really got the Scooby Doo vibe but that's because the first thing I thought of when seeing P4 was "Wow they're really trying to be Diamond Is Unbreakable" which is probably why I don't hate 4 as much as 3. That and 3 is the one that started it. Fuck I hate 3.

Spoiler.
Persona 2 is Stone Ocean. before Stone Ocean even existed.

I'm fully aware, and I'm not comparing per se, I'm reasonably certain they were purposefully trying to make their own version of DIU when making P4.

Warcraft 3 was the set up for the WoW
Warcraft 3 was a foreword of World of Warcraft.

Only saw first two seasons of JoJo, clearly I need to see the rest. Maybe pics like this - yes there's more than this so many people had same vibe - will give you some idea why I thought of 4 in that way.

Anyway I totally agree with you, while 4 is worse it's 3 who deserves more hate since it was the one who started to ruin both Persona and SMT alltogether. Just look what they did with the SMT x FE crossover.

What is that? Other season of JoJo?

I can understand people having that image I guess, I just never had it myself. Either way, Persona 3 is complete and utter cancer.

Stone Ocean is the sixth arc of JoJo, following Jotaro's daughter Jolyne.

I'm calling the police.

It's true for pretty much every game in the genre m8.

Anyway sr2 was such shit there is no way to 'ruin' it.
SR3 was the first good SR.

"SR2 as something good" is Holla Forums meme and only exists as Holla Forums meme, because Holla Forums needs an excuse to hate on SR3 and there is literally none so here we have this thread again with faggots circlejerking over some old shit game they probably never played.
:^)

hmmmmm

Thats actually been something "Investigators asked anonymous sources inside valve" actually stated. Although it was more because of Mass Effect 3 then anything else. Apparently they think know that no matter what they do, it will never live up to the hype, and will be a disappointment. Planned trilogies where a mistake. Although I was surprised valve cares enough about its PR still.

Hes talking about Civ 6. Even though the image he posted was CIv 5.

When did this meme start? Did those hacks at Volition take some of the budget from SR4 to pay people to force the meme?
Thank god Nordic Games/THQ Nordic owns the rights to Red Faction and Interplay is sitting on Freespace's rights so Volition can't get their hands on them anymore.

Underage pls go.
Also Doom 2016 is worth a pirate, mmkay?

WoW sucking doesn't make Warcraft 3 a bad game. The races are good, the story was good, the missions where good.

Company of Heroes 2

fucking DLC commanders.

But Bioshock 1 was already shit.

I never said it was mechanically bad, but fuck you it's story was garbage and it was a completely different game than 1 and 2.

how was tiberian sun downhill? ea inevitably ruins things, but thats usually only after a successful run.

you in your family bloodline

Oh the ironing.

Really? Damn, the last few years must have been non stop disappointment.

Fucking retard.

He's saying 6 is the worst, but 5 started the series of bad game design.

Few seconds google shows that the dad guy is still alive, although Ashly Burch's boyfriend is dead L O L

What?

The main story was a whole lot of nothing. Just filler that had no impact and the whole "suicide attack" was also retarded - from start to the baby terminator ending.

Doom 3 is better than nudoom
Doom RPG is better than nudoom

I think he might be saying the game after that is what what ruined it. He better better be saying that…

Its all for the greater good

Yea, I think he's just talking about the series' in general

pic related not only ruined the series but I feel that it ruined the whole stealth genre as well.

saints row 3 was the best game in the series while sr2 is a really archaic dinosaur with crappy movement, crappy shooting and crappy driving. also shitty graphics

nah, dq was just pure shit

it's a incomplete game over all, there was meant to be two other playable factions as well as more mechanics

DA was always shit. Only good thing to come out of it was the Qunari and that was ruined with that Felicia Day dlc in DA2.

F3AR

DSII shit the bed hard. DSIII was half-assed and also tried to be Bloodborne 2, ruining what made the series special in the first place.

On that subject, what the hell is Demons souls suppose to be to Dark Souls? Are you suppose to play Demon first?

>30 hours into longplay
When THE FUCK will protag get to her?

Honestly Holla Forums is so plebeian these days i'm starting to question if Holla Forums is also a containment zone. which it is to an extent but there's no Holla Forums with more than 2 users other than cuck/v/ and 8/v/

You're supposed to play King's Field first

Demons Souls is unrelated to Dark. Other than a few little nods to the game here and there, you can play whichever you want first.

Its probably best to play Demons first and then go through the games in release order, to see where they went with things.

You can thank people that never played an SR game before 3 for that.

Look, we now know in retrospect that the waifu bait has been a net detriment to the series, but don't act like P3 wasn't well-liked by Holla Forums for a long-ass time. The only reason I picked up SMT/Persona in the first place is because of the popular infographic that used to be passed around which designated P3P as a good entry point for the series, and I think it was right. If you consider SMT/Persona to be the same series, anyway.

What really gets me is how retarded the combo weapons got after Dead Rising 2. Say what you want about how stupid the weapons were in 2, they at least had theoretical capabilities. For example, there's no way replacing the handles of a lawn mower with 2x4s will work out well, but you can at least see how it would make sense in someone's mind. Dead Rising 3, on the other hand is completely okay with taping hand grenades to a sledgehammer to make an explosive sledgehammer, which is stupid no matter how you try to go about it.

Persona 1 was very SMT.
Persona 2 got more JRPG conventions in it, but only benefited from them, leading into pretty great PS2 SMT games.
Persona 3 was huge steaming pile of shit. P 4 was more so.
Persona 5 is better than 3 and 4 combine by miles, but it's nothing SMT.

Another M was a flop but they actually released Federation Force. If we won't ever see another Metroid game, it will be because this one haven't sold.

Also remember:
How fucking incompetent you have to be to not see demand here and not even re-release older games on Virtual Console?

To put it in a perspective - I was able to make a Lupin III in SR2 chargen. In SR3? You're shit out of luck, boy.

What a fantastic fucking picture.

The FPS metroid on the DS was shit.
What made them think the the 3D gimmick would help?

nothing, they just didn't think

I don't care anymore, I just want liquor and dirty whores.

Less marketing usually means a better game. Tons of marketing means either they're trying to sell a piece of shit or that all they're interested in is profit, neither of which lend themselves to quality games.

I think it's definitely one of the weakest entries, but it's not uncommon for communities to suggest playing the weaker-but-accessible entries of a series first, because otherwise you get spoiled on the better ones, and won't appreciate anything that the weaker ones did, even if they have some kind of relevance. It's considered mandatory to play Ace Combat 4 before 5 or Zero. It's mandatory to play DMC 1 before 3. It's mandatory to play Mega Man Battle Network 2 before 3.

P3 has too much relevance to the series at this point, through plot alone, to effectively argue that it's skippable, and I say that as someone who dropped it at about 2/3 in. I just couldn't give a shit about any of the characters, especially the social link characters, and the mechanics got tedious.
Good. Better Persona goes in a radically different direction to SMT and improves on itself, than for it to osmose into SMT in its previous state and leave us with two mediocre series with the same mechanics.

What the fuck do you mean "P3 has too much relevance to the series at this point"?

what you're talking about is playing games in order of release, by your logic you should first play persona 1 and 2 and then recognize P3 as a piece of shit it is and drop the franchise because there is nothing good from this point onwards

Thanks OP. I'm convinced to install SR2 on Loonix now.

P3:FES was the best of the series.

I disagree, it feels like P4 has more relevance to the series than P3, and that it brought in more shitty people into the fanbase.

I intentionally shop ifunny watermarks into my memes to trigger fags like you.

They fired the writer after ME2, he planned it out so that the human reaper was necessary to halt dark energy, which would eventually destroy the universe. The reapers needed the perfect DNA sequence to engineer a device to stop dark energy. Humans happened to have the best DNA, better than protheans, so at the end of ME3 you could choose to sacrifice humanity into a human reaper and save the universe, or kill the reapers and doom all species in the universe after another 3-400 years (before dark energy tore it apart and the universe froze).

It was the tightest story in its own anyway.

Better than ME1 or ME3.

What is wrong with starcraft 2? I stopped playing at wings of liberty.

What's worse DMC or Devil May Cry 2

DMC2's shittines is honestly some huge fucking meme.
It's still one of the better action games on PS2, it just wasn't up to the standards of DMC1.

T H I C C

DMC. At least DMC2 had Dante, DMC's version is just a poor excuse.

Uhhhh,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(North_America)

Did you even play the game or are you baiting?
If you look around the ship, you got Kelly (the psychologist who keeps the crew sane), 2 engineers, 4 driver helpers, 2 doctor/chef helpers, 2 crew members for general duties, and the people you recruited.
Everyone has an actual role to fill.

It's not so much there couldn't be a "good" saints row game. It's the fact that there probably won't be due to how successful 3 was and how they just think Saints Row = wacky.

Saints Row 1 was also a great game most people overlook because it was a 360 exclusive

I don't see how Saints Row 1/2 had "shit core gameplay". It played very similarly to something like GTA San Andreas.

Making the controls tighter in SR3 is something I think a sequel should do but not at the expense of literally everything else.

Most people who have played the series only played 3/4

Part of that is because the PC ports to 3/4 were actually pretty good. That and how since 3 sold so well most people just assume Saints Row = wacky bullshit

Dark souls is a different IP entirely. I'd assume the biggest reason it was changed was because Sony owned the IP.

I think Holla Forums ruined the chan franchise

They sent a DMCA takedown notice. Copyright Strike is a YouTube-specific term, which refers to their three-strikes system.

Because it's plot and characters became heavily tied to P4, which is what brought the most normalfags in, like said. Its characters having appearances with P4 characters, in Arena and Q mean that it's not getting forgotten any time soon. You could retcon everything before P3 and most people wouldn't even notice.

Sorry, I didn't articulate that thought properly. When people say that, it's usually followed by saying "If you really liked these ones, go back and play the ones that came before it." Nobody thinks you should play Ace Combat 1/2/3 first. Nobody thinks you should play Battle Network 1 first. Tons of people think that you shouldn't play DMC2 at all.

The timer was annoying when you just wanted to explore the mall, but all they had to do to was add a sandbox mode as an option. This way both people that liked the timer and people who wanted to play without it were pleased.
It was such a simple and obvious answer, but instead they jumped the gun and removed the timer entirely. That's just incompetence.

I know right? You can't even call channers channers anymore without someone's ass exploding into your face.

What choice was there after 4chan got bought out?

This was something they did with DR Off the Record

Clearly though it's more so that people don't want to have to enter a separate mode and just want to play a game once. They said during an interview that people "don't want to complete the game again" to find everything

I also think they made Holla Forums op

yeah the new hiroshimoot expansion pack really fucked up 4chan

(checked 卐卐卐卐)
It wasn't even the jap that killed it, it was the massive influx of normalfags, plus SJW mods. A while ago I got banned from fucking Holla Forums for posting racist shit. Fucking Holla Forums, of all places. That place has taken a fucking dive.

It'd been that way since well before Holla Forums existed. Most anons historically just called each other anons, whereas channer has historically been used places outside of imageboards, so people naturally suspect newfags when they see it.

I know earlier updates ruined 4chan, I was there when everyone upgraded to Holla Forums en masse around the time the gamergate campaign was no longer being supported by the 4CHAN.NET live.

Just stating that the Hiroshimoot expansion pack made things infinitely worse, even after the "Legend of the Luggage Lad" level was added.

That said, I'm still disappointed how Holla Forums removed /sp/ from their raster

Exactly. I couldn't recall the name of the DLC, but I did remember that. They even had an introductory cutscene to lay out the premise, which goes above and beyond what was necessary for a simple sandbox mode.
The solution was already implemented and they still went on to make the mistake. Sheer incompetence.
Clearly though it's more so that people don't want to have to enter a separate mode and just want to play a game once.
Catering to casuals is always a mistake.

Fallout 3 burned me the most personally but we at least got another good Fallout game (New Vegas) with the rest of the shit but the new Battlefronts really hurt because they are blatantly trying to bury the older games be giving the new ones the same names. Same deal with NuDoom really.

Outlast 2

At least with Postal 3 it was outsourced and the real devs also think it's a giant piece of shit. Last I heard RWS wants to make the 'real' Postal 3 but they don't have the funds.

That's what I'm saying.

I know for sure that they made them exempt customizable loadouts for each type of unit.

I am in favor of the Lupin Test.

If you can make an approximation of Lupin the III in your character creator, you get a pass.

Damn right, Dragon Age Origins was shit too.

wew
e
w

DeS was produced by Sony. DkS was so Fromsoftware didn't need to deal with Sony copyright.

DkS2 has grown on me over the years. DkS3 is pretty good, its a meme to needlessly hate on it, just like its a meme to pretend DkS2 is the best.

I enjoyed DMC, but its not a good Devil May Cry. All the Salt from Dante fanboy's was delicious. The real problem with it was the lack of depth in the combat systems. But its still a fun generic beat em up.

Final Fantasy 9 says hi motherfucker

V and VI as well

rushed the whole thing as well

The sequels ruined the first game's claustrophobic, vague, mysterious yet attractive atmosphere and feeling of loneliness which makes HL a great game.

SR3 always felt vastly incomplete to me, like they had a number of ideas planned out but just rushed the game out door, there's a lot of missions with no in-between stuff to fill gaps or even missions that are just activities, its quite strange.

Who're you talking about?

The school teacher from Persona 5.

I completely agree. I still remember playing it for the first time, going through all these side-activities they were passing off as missions thinking "When is the real game going to start?"
I genuinely thought I was playing through extra long tutorials designed to introduce me to the side activities.
That was the worst part of SR3 was the way they abandoned the conventional story missions of SR1 and 2 in favor of this lazy side mission with main characters talking over them.

You'd fuck a teacher? Ugh.

The only good thing about that garbage is that you can fucm the cake.
Now lets have 50 threads talking about it and the shitty grind.

There, every Persona thread

I've never played any FF games, but are any of them actually good? Seems like anytime the series is brought up no one can agree on anything being good.

What have you been doing all these years?

FF 4, 5 & 6 are classic JRPG's equal too the quality of Dragon Quest games. FF7 went 3D with FMV's to attach a new audience of normalfags and every game beyond that point has been a slow shift towards a more and more casual audience. If you don't like JRPG's then you wont like traditional FF games. If you are a Tumblr weeaboo faggot then you will love anything created after FF6. Fedora tipping Weeb fags love FF10. FF15 was ok but its so different that its no longer a FF game that it triggered the weebs, and the T&A on Cindy Triggers SJWs

In my old high school the history teacher was fucking the English teacher even though they were both married and everyone knew it, but nothing ever happened.

Well in mine, the Maths teacher had a relationship with the Physics teacher, the Science teacher was married to the German teacher, and I tried and failed to seduce the French teacher, who was also married.

Playing SR3 was like having your dad come out of the closet and crossdressing while you spend time with him. You try to be cool with it because he's your dad, but deep down you know this will be the last time you talk to him.

user it sound like story time.

It's not because he compared SR3 to a drag queen dad that he lived it, right?

Sure. If you want a longer version brought to you by its own head dev, Google something along the lines of "Jon Shafer criticizes every decision he made on Civ 5." Anyways, some copypasta:

He live's inside his Drag Queen dad? Is that Vore?
Now user has to tell the whole story!

I didn't say "lived IN it", I meant "lived WITH a drag queen dad". You're trying my patience.

Don't forget that the game actively punishes you for expanding outward, especially if you do it through military means thanks to happiness being global now.
Or most of the expansions just adding more shit like the social policies, which are themselves either mediocre or absolutely game-breaking though I suppose that's better than Civ VI's nickel-and-dime approach where you pay for individual fucking civs and a scenario for that civ
I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting too.

you can fuck right the hell off right now.

Do you literally hate all RPGs or are you just a 3D graphicsfag?

STORY TIME!

Did you even play it? Your lack of explanation leads me to believe you're just meme'ing lol this gaem is bad, r-right Holla Forums?? AM I FITTING IN?? and left wondering why you even took the time to post if you weren't going to elaborate for those of us who don't know any better.

My dad did not crossdress!
THAT'S BULLSHIT, HE DID NOT CROSSDRESS!
He did not.
but my school bus driver back in grade school did. This one, I shit you not.

I know Holla Forums was stupid enough to fall for the P3 meme at first, but I personally hated it from the get go.

But that's wrong, it's only relevant to the Neo Persona story, and those are shitty games you'd never play anyway. It has no bearing on mainline MegaTen, or Devil Summoner, or Avatar Tuner, or any of the other myriad series. Hell, I'm not even convinced Persona 3 has any relation beyond lip service and Igor to real Persona games, considering how it completely reworks how Personae work and axes devils entirely.

Again, that's only if you're giving a shit about Neo Persona, which no one in their right mind should.

Battle Network Rockman.EXE? Fuck you, you absolutely should play 1 first, it's a ton of fun. It's flawed, sure, but it's unique as fuck and a great start to a franchise that with the exception of 3 basically just kept improving until it became Ryuusei no Rockman, because fuck that steaming pile of shit

At the risk of sounding cold, I am very very glad I never gave a shit about any of those franchises.

I don't even think Dennaton wanted to make a sequel, that's why the ending is NUKES.

(checked)
did your school buss driver Commit Suicide?
STORY TIME

JUST

Yeah, all very good points too. I'm sure I'm forgetting more about how shitty Civ 5 was as well.

To be honest, this doesn't make you sound "cold" so much as "young." Some of these franchises were the shit back in the day.

Reminder that DoomRL was issued a C&D after the creater announced the successor, Jupiter Hell because of Bethesda's automated system. he had to scrub every mention of the word "Doom" off his site.

i get your point, but it didnt feel incomplete. cut content isnt some unique evil of ea.

How can a company fuck up so hard? From one of the best RTS's ever made, to this COH reskin POS, glad THQ went up in flames

Sage for offtopic
There's no real story, just heard the faggot thinks he's a chick now.
I don't know if he committed suicide yet. One time, in the unholy year of 2007, my mom tells me that my school bus driver became a tranny, changed his name for a female one, and everything. She saw >her while she was going for groceries and got back to the house utterly shocked. She told me that the guy spouted shit like "the male me doesn't exist anymore, my name is Busdriverina" and everything. A real fucking degenerate before everyone else on the internet. Then my younger cousin's communion happened (the cousins are way more religious than me), and >she happened to be part of the crowd. Didn't speak to this dude, avoided looking at him at any cost, stayed close to the parents and cousins, afraid to be suddenly abducted and raped by some crossdressing nutjob. Didn't see or hear him ever since, I suppose he chopped off his balls by now, and I don't care.
It didn't help that >his son (because YES, HE REPRODUCED BEFORE BECOMING A TRANNY) was gay as fuck. I was in the same class as him in middle school and the faggot proposed to me. I noped the fuck out.

Gian is that you? I swear to god
Also

Not counting Dr. genki the god awful dubstep gave me migraines.

Sr2 is special because despite how choppy the graphics are the gameplay was still solid. Sr3 just added a bunch of bells and whistles to see waht stick. Sr4 just went full on Prototype/Crackdown to a point it lost its identity it worked so hard to actually make its own.

shitty reboot Tameen unironically thought it was going to be better than the original series
Actually you know what? fuck it XIII-2 and Lightning returns is dogshit too
I actually don't fault Rare for trying something new, I just think Microsoft should've fucking died so they wouldn't have needed to form playtonic in the first place.
Should've never been canon, should've never been launched as it was.

Hotline Miami 2 was just all of their ideas they couldn't put into the first game mashed together, and it shows. The NUKES were because they dont want to make a third game.

I don't know if it was good idea for them to go "hey, wanna make HM3? You can do it, we have a level editor!". Someone's definitely going to fuck it up. I kinda hope no one tries to make a HM 3 and leaves it at that.

And I think they were referencing Braindead with that idea.

Yeah, it wasn't carbon fucking copy of Warhammer anymore

Wizard, so it's not really that so much as I just never really got into foreign games.

Best post.

Also surprised this wasn't mentioned.

This was apparently a remnant of the "darker" elements they were going to have in SR3.

Apparently Johnny Gat dying at the start was planned to be a way bigger deal. And Shaundi becoming more and more edgy was planned to be a way bigger deal in the plot.

Killbane was also planned to be more akin to like a terrorist. Like he was going to nuke Stilwater halfway through the game and STAG was originally supposed to be sent in to take him out not the Boss.

But like all of that it was completely done away with once they decided to make it wacky.

They brought Johnny back in SR4 due to popular fan demand since he was the most popular character in the franchise. One thing I somewhat did like about SR4 was despite being shit it did have a plausible explanation as to why he comes back. Zinyak has a time machine and altered the timeline where he kidnaps Johnny before he's supposed to die in SR3. It's later shown that he's done this to several other people throughout history so it's somewhat consistent with the plot

This was mostly because of time constraints. Apparently mission/cutscene replay was planned for SR3 but was cut because it was buggy. Then some modder did it a few months after release.

Zombies were absurdly popular at the time, so it makes some sense they'd shoehorn them in

To be fair streaking was a thing in Sr2. It was a "diversion" where if you take off all of the player's clothes and leave your safehouse it starts an activity where you have to keep running and stay alive because eventually the cops start trying to kill you.

It was a fairly hidden thing though, I wasn't even aware of it til my third playthrough. There's a lot of aspects of that game that are completely hidden like that.

It's officially reached "NEVER EVER" status so you might be safe for now.

Payday 2 was decent at first, but it went off the deep end pretty fucking quickly. PD3 has just entered development and Overkill assures they've learned from their mistakes, but I doubt anyone other than /r/paydaytheheist trusts them at this point.

Here's a detail about SR3 most people aren't aware of. The game assumes you're the default male preset regardless of if you customized your character.

It's only in a few places but it's somewhat jarring. During the Murderbrawl XXXI mission where you have to fight a bunch of guys. The announcer always refers to you as a male. "he dodged it" was one thing I remember hearing if you dodged an attack during a QTE regardless of your gender.

But the most blatant one is when you consider the character of Josh Birk. He's supposed to play someone in a Saints Row movie. But who is he playing? It can't be Pierce, Shaundi, or Gat. The most obvious is the Default male preset. Not only that when you unlock Josh as a homie the description outright says he is playing you in the Saints Row movie.

This is in general really bad design and really showcases how much they undervalued creating your custom character would be to players for the game. It's something they continued with since they've seemingly dropped character customization from the franchise entirely now. Gat out of Hell lacked it and Agents of Mayhem also lacks it.

Who wants to be a woman anyway?

I really fucking want a heist game that's more grounded in reality and not just L4D where the enemies shoot back. Something along the lines of Three Leaf Clover in GTA IV, Kane & Lynch, and Rainbow Six.

One thing I will say about SR3 is that one of the
female voices was a Russian accent. [spoiler]Which I think is the sexiest accent on women[spoiler]

SR4 replaced it with a French accent for some reason despite playing as the president of the United States. I thought it was pretty good too

>never bought a single DLC thank god for unlocker
>friend with multiple popular streamers
I have wasted so much time on it and yet I still realize it's shit. It had potential but DLC and listening to steam community made it so much worse.

I'd speculate doing something like that would require not making it multiplayer focused. You'd need to make it on the scale of something like Deus Ex where there are dozens of ways to complete a particular mission and just gunning enemies down is the most boring way of completing it. Rather than Payday's approach where gunning everyone down is the default option and the game just lets you sneak if you're autistic enough.

Nah, if you played the beta you knew right from the beginning Payday 2 was going to be shit. It hasn't changed for the better at all from the very start.

Personally, I find Russian and Australian accents of women to be the sexiest.

Southern accents get shit on a lot because of southern stereotypes that all people in Georgia and Alabama are hicks and inbreeds so whenever they appear in games it's a exaggeration of it.

Yeah I forgot about that, but the proper variations of the Southern accent can be hot as fuck too.

This is actually the best suikoden.

loved

ff5 was not a serious adventure

ff6 had a good system good storyline I tried numerous times to get through 7 I can never manage it. I can replay ff6/5 have fun

Hated ff10 loved ff9 couldnt get through ff8 same as ff7 but at least finished ff10 even if i just cheated and said fuck it…im going to bypass grinding alltogether and do what i want. okayish combat.

Loved ffx-2 combat storyline was decent however…the % system i have never hated a game more.

HAAATE

I actully want to like ffx-2 only for its combat system…I Want to love it. but the godamn % system and random events

this, half of the fun of HL was the setting of black mesa.

Also you have to take in the fact that the previous Saint Row games had zombies Easter Eggs.

Hell if I remember correctly the FBI chick legit had the two characters on a poster board and Pierce hid it from the player in a cutscene

Bloodbowl 2 is complete shit compared to chaos edition.

I agree with the others, though.

Easter egg =/= plot you fucking retards, how's the pay at Volition? Fuck off niggers.

It had its moments and I like some of the deep lore and theories of the combine but the whole interacting with the resistance and having Alex/Barney with you most of the time made it generic in a way. Ravenholm and Nova Prospekt were as good as it got imo

The worst part about PD2 is that it's a fun game at its core, but it's wrapped in horrible business practices, a grindy progression system and too many weapons for its own fucking good.

C&C4 MaybeRed Alert 3 but that atleast still gave the franchise a chance to return to the greatness

I actually think Agents of Mayhem looks fun, it reminds me of Danger Five. Maybe Volition realized they'd do better trying their own thing than making literal GTA clones.

Tokuden 2's character creator has so many options I could create Hitler, Sepheroth (I legit considered doing just that) and a number of other characters. Mind blew me how improved that was.

Sad doesn't equal dark. Carlo's died being a true bro because he got in over his head. Gat died in a heroic sacrifice. Completely different.

We will never see another Mafia game again. Thanks to the SJW cucks they handed development too. I sincerely hope Rockstar breaks off of Take Two so the investors see nothing else they have makes money.

Long story short the devs fucked them over, ended up being developed by their B team, and then they refused to turn over the code so Running With Scissors could fix it. So they made an expansion to Postal 2 where you were in a coma for 13 years and Postal 3 was just a horrible dream or or worse real. You even fight Postal 3 dude with classic Postal dude and come to terms with Postal 3. Totally recommend getting it.

Ayy, first pic was my post.

user you don't want multiple orgasms and life on easy mode?

No way, life would be so fucking boring.

You just have to know where to find a thrill.

Nah, I'd much rather be a man and give her the dick rather than get dicked. A man acts, a woman is acted upon.

lol, niggers

I wouldn't have so much time in it if it wasn't for the fun parts.
Sometimes it's actually, like, fun, but then you get shit like one down which is best described by its filename in the game - dlc_gitgud. And braindead community. Legit fucking braindead community.

Life is boring one way or the other. But if you're a woman all you have to do is not purposefully fuck your body up and some idiot will be willing to put up with your bitching and give you free shit if you let him fuck you in the pussy, which feels good for you as much as it does for him.

Your forgetting about the one important thing you lose as a woman.

Have you tried the Henchmen beta?
No joke, it makes the AI more useful than actual players.
Give an one AI an LMG and the other a sniper rifle and watch them fucking go. They synergize very well. They can carry bags now, as well.
I don't know if this a good thing or a bad thing. It makes solo play a hell of a lot more fun

People don't actually believe this, do they? I always wondered why anons here always kvetched about bugs and shit as if it were anything more than pure happenstance. It's like calling a film classic a shitty movie because your copy had a scratch on the disc and a scene messed up - that has nothing to do with actual content, it's purely tertiary.

Yeah but that's lame and boring.

No user, that's you, not life.

If we had been mostly alone up until the Uprising, then alone (i.e. without Alyx) again after Episode 1 only meeting some people at intervals during Episode 2 Uprising, I think it'd have been fine.

Thematically, HL2 could have provided a feeling of loneliness on top of the feeling of dread the combine gives

Why?

I think Chuck was pretty cool. He was grumpy all the god damn time and it made for a good contrast to your actions/motivations as a player. He was basically the straightman to your wacky willy.

Not him, but to me they always felt like they were trying to be Gauntlet, but failed to live up to it because of the lack of direct control.

Came here to post this. One of the most disappointing sequels I've ever played and it started DoW on the path to going full ASSFAGGOTS. I actually caught myself dozing off about an hour into the campaign because it was so boring. I have no idea why people defend this garbage.

Any chance of an audio file?

Reminder.

when ever i see saints row i think of this fucking faggot.He was the biggest tumor in the community.

Minus the part that he's an obvious sperg who likes to take control and be the center of attention why is he faggot if that's not the whole story.

There is no scientific evidence that faggotry is caused by biology. You realize his son was likely raped by his tranny father. Fucking sick.

They need to make an example of rebels till the end of day. They do the same to Germans. Ostracism and publicly shaming is one of their Edward Bernays style tools in controlling the population.

sage for off topic

Weird thing is they do the same to Injuns in the current year (Germans and Injuns have been publicly subjugated the same way that's why a lot of them married post-WW2), by my knowledge there aren't many story-focused games where you play as them.

But Crackdown 2 was alright enough, just tedious

Then post a picture of CoD 2 user.

Wrong game.

Best I can do at the moment is a hastily made webm

Farcry was ruined by the 2nd fucking game when they removed all the wierd elements

Crackdown was and is awesome.

I didnt even know or care who Total Biscuit or Yogscast was or were until I saw them do a playthrough. Magicka was an excellent game…but you could see the bullshit happening before the sequel was even released. The "nerfs" and "rebalances" for one.

Whats fucked up, is that they actually advertised the better idea, using both heat sinks and cooldown to keep infinite ammo but restrict firepower.

The original game was an "okay" pseudo stealth FPS until the strange mutants started appearing and suddenly became the focus of the game. After that it turned into a really generic run and gun game with shitty checkpoints and absurd difficulty spikes.

I honestly still think Far Cry Instincts was a remake that was a superior game compared to the original. Since the mutant elements affected the player also and the player character was the focus of the story.

I think the main reason they didn't do this is because having a cooldown made the act of reloading irrelevant. And playtesters would've probably just ignored that it was even in the game to begin with.

They sort of fucked up in the original by making reloading not a thing in ME's universe since it was a plothole they ignored to make the combat tighter.

confirmed for not having played it. 2 was superior to 1 in every way although far cry instinct predator was better than fc1.

3 ruined the series and it's never going to go back to the style of 1 or 2.

Not to the same degree at all. Cars in GTA could take a bit of punishment before exploding after a few seconds with a few exceptions. A tank round would demolish them instantly, but it was generally only high powered weaponry that had that effect on vehicles.

In SR3, pistols could blow up cars in a matter of seconds and before the roll out animation could even begin. It was beyond retarded.

The first one was ok. The second one looked to have a good setting. What went wrong?

Some people say 5 was where it started to suck. 5 still had its' moments. This is where Capcom just said "fuck it!"

I always think of this moment.

Read the thread before you make any more posts you god damn spic.

It's also worth noting that in GTA4 onwards cars in the game wouldn't explode by just ramming them into things or flipping them over. You could just keep damaging them and eventually the engine would stall. The only way to cause them to explode was to use firearms.

Although iirc if you drove the car off a huge height it would also explode upon landing.

Now I understand what "cannot be unseen" really means.

Pfff fucking casual.

that's enough for my penis.

Except it makes very little sense.

….although yeah, aside from them fucking up the ammo system and biotics, it had the best combat.

And I mised the Mako. I was actually good at it.

My biggest issue with RE6 is that it was way too janky. We started with Leon's story then segue to China with Chris, Leon and Wesker's offspring. It was too little and too often. There were too many main characters and they each had too little content in comparison to their past games. The different playstyles didn't help either. It would have worked as dlc or an expansion pack, but not in the main game.

I would have kept the game in Tall Oaks. That whole mechanic where Leon had to save and protect a bunch of civilians trapped throughout the city was interesting and made sense. Leon survived Racoon City and barely managed to survive on his own. He saw a ton of his fellow officers and civilians get killed and there was little he could do. Now he has the experience and the capability to save as many lives as he could. It would have been interesting for Simmons to remain trapped within the city as Leon goes through it saving as many lives as he could. There was no need for 3 other storylines to bog down the game and the switch to China was pointless. The underground section was a wasted opportunity to show off more aquatic monsters. It would have been awesome to have a bunch of Neptunes stalking Leon rather than some giant fish that chewed on him a few times without insta-killing him. Leon was in its mouth and managed to push its jaws open. What the fuck was that about? It reminded me of when Chris punched that boulder into the lava in RE5.

Yeah, in all gtas before 4 and 5 you could crash cars a fair amount before them blowing up, although fireams would blow them up almost instantly (gta sa being the slowest, but you can aim for the gas tank and explode any car in 1 shot). In the shitty ones like 4 and 5 they're basically impossible to ruin by crashing unless you do it on purpose, and gunfire takes much longer to blow one up. In the bigger picture it's part of the reason why gta 4 and 5 are so shit (not to mention they're just generic open world shooters with a GTA skin) because while in other gtas one's skill was based on how they could get away with crime, gta 4 and 5 have worse shooting mechanics than the 3D gtas which never had good shooting mechanics to begin with, and actually killing the police is a big part of the player vs cops interaction. It completely rid the game of the unique and thrilling experience of escaping the cops and turned the series into cover shooters that are bad even for cover shooter standards. This is another point i'd like to make, the 2D and 3D gtas aren't even shooters. Shooting is there, but it's not what you're meant to do because the police is an actual threat and the police part of the gameplay consists of escaping guaranteed death.

webm

>>>/zoo/

That was not a fuck up. That was a godsend from Heaven.
Same with the shitload of ammo you could have in Borderlands 1.

As far as use of Heatsinks go, its fairly obviouw. Use them them when you want to literally spray down somethings with hundreds of bullets at a time without melting your gun. Use them for the Carnage and the other gun specials like Assassination.

I personally couldn't stand the other campaigns because they had you fighting generic dudes with guns. Sure, they're ganados, and 4/5 had guys with guns in them, but two full campaigns of it fucking sucked.

You know, whatever zoo that video was shot in must have a single really happy zookeeper working in it.

They were no more popular than they are now.

Did you just assume Josh's gender?

Around the time Saints Row 3 came out games like Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Island etc were coming out and big budget zombie movies were coming out all the time.

being a silent hill fan is suffering

Liking any franchise owned by kikes is suffering.
As we've been shown time and time not even classics like doom, quake, descent, mortal kombat, road rash or hard truck get any mercy.

If I still believed in a god, Saints Row 3 would have stolen that last bit of innocence from me

Carlos made me cry a little bit. I still felt bad about what we did to Maeros girlfriend, even if he himself deserved everything that happened.

To drive it home, you find out in sr3 that the general was her dad, and that's why he hates the saints. But it's mentioned in a cutscene, not acknowledged, and never referred to again. They made everything weightless. Free hover jets, free tanks, no need to parachute when you get fucking jump powers in 4. Driving because worthless, making all the music worthless, and you STILL can't customize the goddamn helicopter or planes.

Sr2 made me feel things, you even had that mission with Julian that was straight up hidden. Brutal stuff. Sr3 and 4 killed all the humour, because there was nothing to give it weight. Oh boy, another dildo, I can't wait to find another one.

OMG my anime protagonist is better than your anime protagonist, truly 2 is the greatest of all.

Jesus Christ stop being autistic, you still have your mainline SMT if you want that.

Seriously, the number of times I've had the argument that persona 1 and 2 are just as bad is getting out of hand. They all have the same anime trope characters, because they are all anime trope games from Japan. Smt does it too, the only one that comes close to breaking the mold is Strange Journey.

1 and 2 are part of a separate timeline from 3 onwards. I think it's cause Raidou killed himself to stop the nukes.

if it actually were a company of heroes reskin i probably would have enjoyed it more

perhaps them making this 'agents of mayhem' game is acknowledging that fans of the first 2 games dont enjoy the direction the games went from there.

Is that not what that was supposed to be?

The difference is that Persona 1 and 2 actually explore the psychological story ideas that inspired the series' name, the Persona mechanic makes a lot more sense with that theme, and in the case of Persona 1 it's actually a fun and challenging game to play on top of that.

I suspected as much, but I certainly don't want to check if it's true, it would scar me.

Never played VC2, but what the fuck is this? Why is there schoolgirls?

Son, Suiko 3 didn't ruined Suikoden. konami ruined Suikoden.

ME 2 combat is a fucking grindfest. I sure do love only being able to carry a certain number of thermal clips while I wait for squadmate cooldowns and hide behind this here chest high wall for awhile. I play on Insanity.

ME2 also had a shit story. The writers literally blow up the Normandy and kill Shep just so they can do this stupid ass "Cerberus is the good guys no really and we don't need to worry about the Reapers nearly as much as the Collectors" bullshit. What important thing happens in 2? Shepard kills off an incompetent race of beings and destroys a half-complete Reaper. Harbinger, the game's Sovereign, is laaaaame.

The characters in 2 mostly suck. Garrus does get cooler, and Mordin is excellent. Legion gave us a brief window into the Geth that much more could have been done with. The Illusive Man is a poorly defined character, but he drives the plot of the game. Shepard makes no real decisions, because the game won't let you. At no point can you do what an Alliance veteran Spectre would probably do which is tell Cerberus to fuck off. You're just here for the ride through someone's weird obsession with this faction and "hey look at these cool characters don't pay attention to the lack of plot!"

ME1 has far more interesting shit, and if I have to pick between mining planets for resources with the gay little probe minigame or driving the Mako, I choose the Mako.

ME3 is the game with the best combat, period.
ME1 doesn't need its combat to be good, it must merely be serviceable enough to play Star Trek With Guns vs. the Cthulhu army. Being OP isn't all that important towards the endgame because you're making decisions with more impact, like whether or not Wrex lives, or which one of Kaiden or Ashley lives, or whether or not you redeem Saren before killing him. You also have the chance to revive the Rachni. What lasting decisions do you make in 2? Releasing Grunt from the tank?

ME2 isn't a sequel, it's a bodysnatcher. Everything wrong with ME3 story wise and tone wise started here. It's just a dumb fucking game with no philosophical sophistication.

oh god fuck the 3rd birthday. Aya deserved so much better. PE2 needs a remake or proper sequel. Maybe following up on the secret neo-mitochondria research groups all over the world, and the spy network that infiltrated MIST, and the government coverup of what happened in Dryfield, and the fact Maeda and Pierce happen to find other humans with neomitochondria like Aya's rather than Eve's.

Shit, a midquel with Aya's first MIST cases would be amazing.

generally speaking, all FF games are linear ass plots with easily gameable battle systems, and so your mileage comes out of the characters, settings, story elements. They tend to Gurren Lagann their way through plot holes via magic you just found out about.

I haven't played the pre-7 FFs. Will get the GBA ports though soon.

FF7, 9, 10, and 12 are great.
9 is sloooow and you're ready for it to be over even before the plot collapses. Good writing though up until that point. Fuck it after Disc 2.
12 is loooong but deeeeep.
10 almost feels too short but it's truly in the sweet spot. Characters are really good but it takes awhile for you to appreciate them because your POV character is ignorant. Sphere grid leveling is needlessly complicated looking for what it is.

7 could've ended sooner but Disc 1 is fantastic. It's got the best characters besides 10, and the setting is neat. Combat system is broken pretty easily though.

What do you (and Holla Forums) think of ff13? I have a copy of it, but never bothered to play it.

it's shit

Unsurprising. I'll find something else to play then

They're basically the reason anyone who plays video games has a positive opinion of the franchise if they do.

Honestly, kinda prefered FFs 5,6,7, 9 and Tactics. Granted, 5 can be cheesed (the old X-Fight-DualWield combo) 6 can be cheesed too but only if you play the SNES version, the GBA version had removed some of the cheese but I heard that the Android version fixed Cyan's Bushido (never touched anything on Android). 7's not that bad (anyone who said Cloud was emo clearly never played 7..dude was a dork, a dork that somehow made shrugging and saying "let's mosey" look and sound cool somehow and not going to touch Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus. Square fucked up big time for those 2) and 9 is a fun little romp. Tactics had a pretty good story(Monks are still cheese up until the halfway point, War of the Lion classes are shit though).

You want shitty sequels? How about FFTA-2? FFTA was fairly harmless (the law system can be manipulated and once Anti-Laws are available, all you need is the R-Antilaws AND if you play your cards right, you can get enemies redcarded too since the laws also affects them). A-2? Laws only apply to you and you alone and the laws are locked into the missions and usually the laws are there to specifically fuck you. Got a mission with enemies weak against Fire? Fire is Forbidden. And the enemies? Not fucking affected by the laws (but the good news is, so does NPCs so the sting is taken out a bit). And fuck the random loot system for unlocking gears and the turf bidding. Clans don't seem like gangs now because now, you can't defend your turf but instead losing it in a bid and finally the overworld seems a bit dead since you can't see roaming clans anymore.