The imports Holla Forums owns

Yesterday, I ordered a copy of Cosmic Fantasy Stories, and, while I'm waiting for that to arrive, I want to hear what other imported games other Holla Forums anons own. Personally, while CFS will be the first time I've imported a title, I previously came to acquire a Japanese copy of F22 Interceptor about a few months ago when I found it in a local shop.

I got pic related from the threads that Superbus used to do.

See image

That being said the art from all these mid 90s CD games really interests me. They're like the anime characters I didn't see in anime, because they are. They weren't in the shows I saw at the time but they match the style and I never saw them so they're new and interesting. I blogged a bit fuck you.

I found the game (With the cartridge, and the box…and the manual), it looked in decent shape, it was about $5, so I decided to just buy it on a whim because I wasn't sure when I'd see something like that again (Especially for a foreign copy of a game).

If you're interested in the one I displayed, the name you're looking for is Kazuhiro Ochi.

I got a $2 bomberman GB game that I've yet to play
I'm still looking forward to it

I still enjoy modern anime, but for whatever reason I love those 80s/90s designs, probably because that was when I got into anime.
I'd say my most prized import is my SFC cart of Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius. It isn't crazy rare or anything, I just like the game and the voices and SA1 graphics are pretty cool for SFC/SNES era tech.

I've got some Japanese PSP game about hacking mechs. I think it's called Carnage Heat or something like that. I'm too lazy to dig it out right now.

I'm not american so technically every game I own is an import.

Let's see

Why aren't you learning Nipponese?

I imported this months before the translation patch was released.

Still, I don't regret a moment of it. While barely understanding the plot, the ending could not have been more cathartic.

It doesn't even come close to the GC game, it's fine for a handheld game I guess.

Those two games.

PS3, sorry.

These are the only ones that I've actually imported from the moonland. And yes I shelled out the extra shekels for the premium sound edition like a huge retard.

A lot of older games don't have much text outside of title menus, and most of the good stuff has fan patches and can be played on flash carts. Modern nip games are fairly mediocre thanks to mobile shit trashing their industry, I can't be bothered to learn another language to play ecchi games with middling at best gameplay.

I don't have a whole lot of imports, but I do have:
I have Yakuza to help motivate me to learn Nipponese. Not working so far.

NieR: Automata
Ys VIII
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3
Luminous Arc Infinity
Monster Hunter Cross
Dragon Quest VII 3DS
Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3
Bravely Default: For the Sequel
Bravely Second
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
IA/VT Colorful
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Digimon World: Next 0rder
Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2 Asian English LE
Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari
Taiko no Tatsujin V Version
SaGa: Scarlet Grace
Gundam Breaker 3
Stranger of Sword City: Revisited
Dragon Quest Builders
Dungeon Travelers 2-2

Ex Troopers and Ukiyo no Shishi are both amazing games.
I bought gundam breaker for $15 after 2 launched, so I was annoyed that I was missing some mobile suits.

Seriously, holy fucking shit, Ukiyo no Shishi is amazing.

When I was in Tokyo last November I went trough sale bins for very cheap PS3 games and bought a bunch of gundam and other games. Got like 10 games for 30 bucks. Gundam Breaker 2 was most expensive one, like 10 bucks.

I have a ton of Imports from Europe China and the japs

Pokemon Green

Thats it

thats pretty cool. i love parodius.

Most of my imports are lewd mangos and figs.

I have a copy of puyo puyo sun on my desk, but my most interesting imports are my cotton tea cups. There's one more I want to get.

What makes Ukiyo so good? It looked like a more comedy version of WoTS but without the multiple endings.

I also imported pic related even though it wasn't metal gear pantsu.

how is that one?

I was very interested prior to release. Looked great.

>虫姫さまふたり
That's it.

EX troopers
Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record U.C. 0081
Extreme Vs Full Boost Premium G Sound
Zoids Vs3
Zoids Full Metal Crash
KoF XIII for the Deluxe Edition's poster and art CD

I think that's about it. Would have gotten Macross 30 if I had the funds.

If i was at home i would take a picture but i own a copy of Doshin the Giant for Gamecube. I played it on an emulator a few years ago and its kinda nice to add it to my gamecube collection after all these years. I also own a copy of Shin Megami Tensei II and star fox for the super famicom

It's amazing how many people have imported E.X. Troopers and Gundam games.
I still haven't played E.X. Troopers.

Perhaps all these people were trying to wash away the taste of Lost Planet 3 from their mouths.

Your mom has become familiar with my importedcock.

I never played any lost planet games.

Only 2 imports I have.

I think it's a combination of it being cheap, pretty decent and that one of the PS3 charts has it in the import section.

Never thought I'd see that.

In order of acquisition:
>THE [email protected]/* */ One For All
>THE [email protected]/* */ Live for You! (thanks, Superbus, wherever you are)
>THE [email protected]/* */ Cinderella Girls Gravure 4 You Vol. 01

I was going to pick up G-Generation Genesis, but I figured that I'd just wait for the next game, since Genesis doesn't cover any of the late UC-era stuff.

So you guys all can read nippon runes?

Working on it.

No. A lot of Japanese games require no knowledge of any language whatsoever. You don't need to know nip to play a game like Mushihimesama futari or Puyo Puyo. Hell, even RPGs like Etrian Odyssey V can be played if you can just memorize the menus.

seems to me its half the fun without knowing what goes on in game

It's fun when you guess your imagination to guess what is going on.

That and /m/ was my first main board back on halfchan all those years ago.

I had a JP copy of a JoJo game, but I left that at my ex's apartment and I don't think I'll be getting it back anytime soon.

And I thought emucucks were bad, at least they're not hoarders

what the fuck would i need to read for? I imported artificial academy 2 when it first came out, my dick understood everything perfectly

はい!

I've been importing most of the SRWs since the PS2 era, except the DS/3DS ones, which I pirate.

あなたはくさいです。

No but I like to pretend I can
漢字は難しくて、クソつまんねえからしょうがない

I'm pretty sure I patched the .ds file with the translation for an user on here, if you're interested.

Learning the kanas to navigate menus is enough. It also helps if you've watched animu for years so you understand the spoken dialogue.