Vidya Skellertons

Now is time the come to dump your skeleshots. Don't be shy.

Other urls found in this thread:

media.8ch.net/file_store/dd9b0edd4fe2a631f13583f8937b6cbd488998c808ac0bb56429cfdaf0a752b8.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is it with Holla Forums's obsession with necromancy?

Fuck yah a skellington thread.

The fact that there has never been a very good necromancy game.

Undertale thread?

Aw damn

Here's something you might be interested in OP.
media.8ch.net/file_store/dd9b0edd4fe2a631f13583f8937b6cbd488998c808ac0bb56429cfdaf0a752b8.pdf

Get out…

>>>/reddit/
:^)

Aw damn>>12431863
Thanks for the info. This will be very helpful.

get out

would you a skeleton

no

doodoodoo doo doo dood'doodoodoo

How would you make it then? Thats what I've always wondered. Bonus points for there being a way to craft your own minions.

Template thread. Delete. Also, tranny should be deleted from life.

I would make a combination of dungeon keeper, and a more run of the mill RPG. You control your necromancer as you would in a game like morrowind, but in your base you can sit on your throne, and use magic stuff to build the perfect necromantic lair eventually going through the levels of lichdom. I'm going to make it eventually, but I am starting out with other smaller projects like mods.

I would design a game where you start off as a wizard apprentice getting his ass tossed out into the world by his dick-head master. You start the game off with a minor demon thing as a familiar, and the only tutorial you get to shit is asking it questions about shit.

You would have a few skill schools to invest points into as you gained experience:

To gain experience you would have to find Lore in-game. Lore would be found in books, on standing stones, and other shit like that. Most of it would give neutral XP, but certain Lore would give points specifically to certain categories.

Warding Magic would be your initial thing. You would have to use it to establish your Workshop early on in the game, by putting up boundaries against animals and people and shit. Combat Magic would be a crutch thing for people seeking a lot of direct intervention, but would cock-block you against other spell-casters. Necromancy would let you animate bodies, and a shit load of them, but the minions would be worse off against actual elite characters (like Heroes). Summoning would provide a better counter against stronger things, but would generally be more expensive, and leave you pretty fucked if one of your summons got banished by a Priest or something. Item Creation would be used to reinforce pretty much all of this shit, and also to create superior constructs based on your other skills (such as a Living Statue with super Warding, elemental Golems with combat magic, giant Gashadokuro-like motherfuckers with Necromancy, or making items for summoned demons to make them impossible to banish and shit).

Necromancy would involve reanimation of corpses by bringing them back to your Workshop and prepping them. You could hire henchmen as you advanced in level to help with this. Heroes could be reanimated as more powerful undead. At higher levels you could eventually turn yourself into a Lich, letting you stand on your own in combat. You could also start reanimating monsters and shit, letting you send out Zombie Dragons and crap like that.

I-I'm sure I'll get around to it one day

Prof. Skellington really helped make those Morrowind threads worth checking. I would make another one but I'm afraid it would get shitposted to death ;_;

Have you perhaps thought of the reason it gets a lot of shit posting?

Because of cuckchan/reddit fags complaining about

Plain human skeletons get boring after a while

These are pretty good ideas as well. I imagine necromancy would have a lot of reagents for various spells, as well as other supplies that would need to be manufactured, or collected. Needing to collect bodies for example, and collect herbs for various potions. Eventually your minions can do that for you once you have them.

Why are skeleton spookier than zombie?

Because there is a skeleton in you right now.

him having a mohawk on the last one just makes him look like a dipshit

Do it faggot

Don't fucking spook me like that, user.

You're a dipshit

Why live?

Is Morte a demi-lich?

It still hurts.

Skeletons are the coolest, that's why.
They support you your whole life, and never once do they ask for anything in return.
They protect you, give you strength, and never leave your side. Even when you die, and are buried in the ground, your skeleton will stay by you. It could leave if it wants, but your skeleton chooses not to abandon you.
Skeletons are the true heroes of this world.
Do the right thing, user. Drink a glass of milk.

this

At least those shaders are cool.

Why is that a hairy skeleton?
BloodBourne and DaS3 had too much fucking hair, it was annoying and looked like shit

this

Yes or no? What would you add/change?

Zombies a shit user
Frankenstein can suck a dick
Also if you can't play full-on dress up with your skellies there's almost no point in customizing them at all

Add the ability to hire Gravediggers to do the first part, since otherwise it would get fucking obnoxious.

At least Frankenstein can suck things, skeletons have no lips.

Skeletons are masterrace of course but zombies have their uses.
They could wear armor, clothing and/or silly hats too of course provided they have the necessary body parts.

That would be doable, but the bodies wouldn't exclusively have to come from graves, don't know if I made that clear enough. I think the most appealing part of necromancy to me is the idea of killing someone, taking their body and using it to make a mindless servant.

and whats the deal with that graveyard food?
they call it a crematorium but theres no cream!

Who calls it that?

Well this thread turned out to be a boner.

That's some spooky stuff you got their user. like it. Making the gathering of the components you need fun would be a crucial part of a necromancer game.

Carlos you're supposed to be dead.

No, just deported.

i fucking love skeletonbill

is there a game where I can be a skeleton necromancer that summons more skeletons?

Heroes of might and magic III, or some games with mods.

Out of all the different kinds of magic practiced in fiction necromancy is the coolest shit

I just poured out some sour milk

would you be able to necro your opponents/enemies? Maybe even have options to less violently destroy your enemies in order to better preserve the body but at the cost of putting your current minions at greater risk making it so you have a slightly harder time just growing or sustaining your army by resurrecting everything you kill to your side.

Animal skeletons are pretty spooky tbh fam.

monstrous and alien, certainly scarier than something that merely reminds me of my own mortality.

well, i have heard the term bones used to refer to currency before.

op, daggerfall lich, is not a skeleton.
it's way more bad ass and has caster magic that can insta kill you

skeleton goys, not even once

financial security? what would the spook be, taxes?

Liches are skeletons

Why do people think skeletons are always out to spook them? Maybe they were throwing a party or going out on an adventure. Skeleton are naturally friendly creatures and the myth about them only wanting to spook people needs to be cleared up.

You niggers are just asking for some debilitate.

Lame, he never once looked in the mirror.

doot?

life is torture

That's the Risk of Rain dev

He should have gone down the route of Dungeon Keeper combined with it.

Underrated game.

I was in the proccess of making a skeleton-themed Doom mod last year for Halloween, but I never finished it. It's poorly assembled, with wads just lumped into a .pk3 file, and only two of the maps are in a playable, finish-able state. Should I post it? Pic unrelated, this guy doesn't appear in game.

You should finish it, and then post it. How easy is Doom to mod? Do you use anything?

SLADE and a level editor, a niche one called Eureka. At the time I wasn't used to the level editor I was using, so the levels aren't too good. I just sort of burned out making it, don't know if I can keep return to it.

What happened to the other posts?

Oh fuck there they are.

Thanks user.

this thread gives me a boner

I don't get why people can't just make games where your gameply is go from A to B doing puzzles and killing things along the way.

Man, I miss the old times…

Don't spoop me like that user.

pikmin would have been fine!

Did he leave the incomplete project for the rest of us, or did he just fuck off?

spoopy

Those are some thin skeletons.

couldnt tell you sport, i havent been following it.

Where in damn did my picture go?

whoa nelly! did he fall into a vat of radioactive milk?

THICC

Damn, what was it called. I could search the share threads here. The game is exactly what I am looking for, I could heavily modify it, and make one spooky game.

The only thing I found was a year old article talking about the developer where he said the necromancer game was only a proof of concept thing, but he didn't like it. Can't find any pieces of it, it may be they never existed.