Quake Champions

Are you ready to get mad that UT4 is not getting the attention it deserves, while they ruin quake by copying Overwatch?

Closed Beta: 27th Apr - 30 Apr

Other urls found in this thread:

quake.wikia.com/wiki/Slash_(QC)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck this day

quake.wikia.com/wiki/Slash_(QC)

I always thought Slash looked neat in Q3. Now it's um, yea. Is this a real fucking bio written by the developers? Who drew that character art? Characters have unique abilities like Overwatch? What the fuck Quake?

My favorite girl in Quake 3 was the greasy obese ugly pig who's dad was a prison warden or some shit, she always made me hard mainly because she looked like a cunt who you could drink with. I'm hard right now thinking about it.

The vague things I can assume or infer from the original character are more cool and appealing than the one with an explicitly written bio.

I already played one of the Closed beta's

Have you guys ever gone beyond namedropping in AFPS threads?
Serious question.

vid related

Fan-fucking-tastic user.

I remember her name now, it was Lucy.

`>>12432905
Now that's how you make a fat character. No smooth skin bullshit, fat reveals cellulite.

THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No, stop, that's not thick, that's fat.

Also, Hunter best girl, Mynx lewdest girl.

No, she was the prison warden, not her dad.

I'm playing UT4 atm and I can't find the melee weapon, did they remove it? Wasn't there a weapon that could be used in melee + could deflect bullets? Am I thinking of different game?

The Impact Hammer was removed from Deathmatch mode for some fucking reason. You always spawn with it in any of the team modes however.

Also Quake 3 game night when.

In Quake Live they gave her a pink highlight to her hair bun, at least in the trading card.

Yeah I'm talking about Impact Hammer I think. Why the hell would they remove it from DM? Using it was great fun. Also I think there was a teleporter weapon, I assume the same thing happened to it? I'll just play some CtF then I guess

She's been redesigned so normalfags and retardspeople can feel comfortable with her existing in [current year] + [2]
on a serious note, she looks absolutely abhorrent put next to her previous designs

Isn't this the plot to a Next Gen episode?

show me gameplay videos. from what i saw it looked alright.

thats what im planning on doing when the open beta opens up today.

oh. thank you for your efforts

sadly i have a job, so i wont have it right away. Maybe others could post theres too if they got in as well.

Some thoughts about the QUACK CHUMPS (not to be confused with Quake Champions or its overreaching NDA) beta, right now the connectivity is kinda crap, it tends to boot you out every two-three matches or so and then have you restart the game, maybe that'll get fixed.

Most classic weapons are there, but the BOUNCEBALL THROWER is completely absent, the PLASMID WEAPON has been replaced with the ULTRA FINGERNAILGUN, the WEIGHTED ASSAULT RIFLE is now a common weapon and an upgrade for the ASSAULT RIFLE you spawn with, and a lot of weapons do feel quite different. The RAWKIT LAWNCHAIR has a nasty delay between pressing the fire button and the weapon actually being fired which makes it feel rather cumbersome to use, and makes flick-RAWKITjumping rather annoying to pull off. For some reason, when you zoom in with the WEIGHTED ASSAULT RIFLE and GREEN STINGER, your shots will deal bonus damage. It's a completely pointless mechanic which forces you to always zoom in with those weapons if you intend to shoot them, it's a completely silly reward for next to no risk.

The THUNDERBOLT is comparatively more useful to the rest of the weapons like the ULTRA FINGERNAILGUN, WEIGHTED ASSAULT RIFLE, and ULTRA SHOOTGUN. The reason being that it has the second highest DPS (only lower to the ULTRA FINGERNAILGUN), the highest to-hit chance because it has the highest tickrate out of any weapon, it is hitscan, it's got ridiculous knockback, and ammo isn't that big a deal for it. The ULTRA FINGERNAILGUN doesn't get used all that often because it is a projectile-based weapon which makes medium-long ranged encounters unsuitable, and can only deal some massive damage when its used from close-range, which should be the ULTRA SHOOTGUN's role, but the SHOOTGUN feels weaker compared to its QUACK LIVES counterpart. The PLASMID WEAPON was there to spam projectiles and area denial, the ULTRA FINGERNAILGUN is made more useless in comparison due to its 12 DMG per shot and smaller hitbox.
The WEIGHTED ASSAULT RIFLE quite frankly shouldn't be in the game as the THUNDERBOLT already has the versatile hitscan weapon role covered, the only benefits the WEIGHTED ASSAULT RIFLE has is that it doesn't have a flat range cut-off and deals more damage per shot, but it really shouldn't be there to begin with.

There's no loadouts, but you can choose between which weapon you can spawn, all three of which are inferior weapons of weapons on the field. So you can choose to spawn between an ASSAULT RIFLE, FINGERNAILGUN, and SHOOTGUN, all three of which have an ULTRA version with better stats. It'd be a decent compromise, but nobody ever spawns with the normal FINGERNAILGUN, the SHOOTGUN isn't quite useful for finishing off enemies from a distance like the normal shotgun in QUACK 1, and the ASSAULT RIFLE is something you use until you find anything else.

The CHUMPS are supposed to be the big new innovation QUACK needed in a genre of stagnant copies, but I don't think they add too much other than influencing your general playstyle and making it a nightmare to balance. Right now there are nine CHUMPS, each with their own unique ability, passive ability, and stats. The abilities aren't the main focus of the game, the majority of matches will usually proceed like in any other QUACK game, but sometimes you might find saying to yourself 'you only won because you picked that CHUMP'. First off, they don't really change how you approach the game other than keeping your own abilities in mind, unlike most actual class-based shooters. Aside from their abilities, each enemy is just like the rest, but sometimes with some more health and armor. There's a large cooldown on most abilities which prevents them from being spammed. Sometimes it'll be a routine frag, but sometimes a CHUMP will raise his no-fun allowed shield and absorb all projectiles because that's an example of deeper gameplay. Sometimes BLUEHAIR will turn invisible for three seconds so she can get a guaranteed hit from an unexpected angle or just run away entirely. But the abilities as a whole range from interesting to harmless to self-serving. Personally I think these kind of abilities are more interesting gameplay-wise if they interact with other elements and have a reason to exist outside of getting you effortless kills. STRIKE's ICE-SKATE TRAILS are an interesting example because they leave a trail of damaging ENERGY behind wherever she walks for a period of time, which is something you often see being used around points of contention like FOURFOLD PAIN spawns. It's not a guaranteed kill, but it can change how you approach a situation. QUACKGUY's not!Translocator can mess up where you think he is. But the majority of abilities are straightforward ones which simply give a striahgt-up advantage to the user like ANARCHY who has a rechargeable medkit useable to restore his entire health, or SIGHT's wallhack, or BLUEHAIR's GET-OUT-OF-JAIL CARD, or CRUTCH's shield, and so on. There are few which are really annoying to deal with, but most of them are just uninteresting and don't have something you should take in account during a fight, unlike stuff like a Translocator. There are still some others like SCALIEBAIT's vomit which acts like a more offensive version of STRIKE's ability and CRUSADRESS mine/healing totem, but you don't see them getting used often.

Though the heavier tank characters have some stronger abilities to offset their slower speed and larger hitbox, aside from having a higher maximum health/armor count, they're mitigated by the fact that nobody plays them. Because nobody wants to go slow in a game known for its speed, which they try to offset with passive abilities. CRUTCH will move faster the more you hold down forwards (for people who can't into jumping at all), SCALIEBAIT can bunnyhop, SIGHT can strafejump and BIG GUY deals damage if he runs into people depending on how fast he goes, but in QUACK it's better to avoid damage entirely by going fast rather than tanking blows which is further aided by not having massive hitboxes, which is why people tend to prefer to play as faster CHUMPS such as ANARCHY, STRIKE and BLUEHAIR.

The overall aesthetics are decent, but can get cluttered easily. There's no options for picmips or brightskin available (yet), as the only visual aid you get for spotting enemies is a red arrow on top of everyone hostile. The FINGERNAILS from the ULTRA FINGERNAILGUN are barely visible as opposed to the PLASMID WEAPON's big cyan balls, and there are some annoying visual effects on certain maps which can make a lot of stuff hard to see. Furthermore, the current HUD is crap. As opposed to QL keeping everything clean and all the relevant information in the bottom center of the screen, CHUMPS has health and armor in the lower left corner, ammo in the lower right corner, the status of your ability in the bottom center, and the HUD elements for fragging someone tend to take up way too much space with unnecessary +10 HEADSHOT +5 KILL exp crap.

The audio design in CHUMPS is exceptionally broken, it's near impossible to tell what's going on around you by sound alone, which was a big part of what made QUACK work. Footsteps are barely audible, there's a massive reverberation effect on nearly every sound effect, there's no Doppler effect on traveling projectiles, weapon sounds and item pick-up sounds sound more subdued than they should be on top of sounding too indistinct from eachother, everything sounds like you're underwater, and it's just crap. In CHUMPS you will find people sneaking up on you because you never heard their footsteps, something impossible to miss in any other QUACK game. As a result it's harder to tell where other players are, and your idea of your surroundings will end up being muddled.

Though at it's core CHUMPS does play like your usual QUACK, it gets a lot of the finer points wrong which in my eyes makes it inferior, and it is true that i-i-it's a beta, so who knows how much of this shit will get fixed. But it's rather concerning for the direction of the game if important aforementioned elements were barely considered. You can't really clone another game without properly understanding how every single facet of it works and why it works. There's still a lot of missing options like customizable crosshairs and dedicated servers, and the optimization is rather iffy without turning a lot of the settings down, but who knows how it'll turn out in the future. At least it'll have a decent playerbase if they don't screw everything up.

Here's a spare beta key for those who are interested. Do note you need to install HODD TOWARD's LAUNCHER and make an account at his site, on top of a decent PC to be able to play the QUACK CHUMPS BETA if you want to see how it is for yourself:

P4C8-GQ7R-Q7CR-7P7G-M74Q

thanks for your input i'm going to be wary of the QUACK CHUMPS game from now on

Did you turn off the music in QUACK CHUMPS? otherwise good review on QUACK CHUMPS.

I did turn it off, though it didn't really matter in making sounds more audible, I just turned it off because the endlessly repeating piano track in the ruins map started to piss me off. The music isn't particularly noticeable either way.

quake champions may be total shit but at least they are actually making the fucking game and it's going to be out in a reasonable amount of time. UT4 killed itself and arena shooter fags are fucking insufferable.

There's like monthly updates now though.

thellulite

For anyone who's interested, here are the latest patch notes:

Out

Guess I'll try it out but I'm not expecting much.

They have quite a few maps (like 30) and the gameplay might as well have been finished for awhile now, they should just say that the game is in beta now to stop scaring people off because it might as well be.

played the last beta and the Champions ruined it, i doubt they've removed them so it's still trash

been playing the closed beta and i've recorded some gameplay of it, check it out.

Just leaving this here, not from me by the way.

Is that NuDoom guy?

Yes, not sure if he's really going to be in it. but if they put him and BJ on this game, this could be the first official Id Software game to feature BJ, Doomguy and Ranger at the same time, even if its their modern counterparts.

Lets go niggas

Will post gameplay once i edit out my name.

Looks like the hivemind is already starting to warm to Quake Champions, just like Overwatch. Next thing you will all be installing Windows 10. Why does Holla Forums have to try so hard to seem cool? Next you'll tell me Holla Forums is not one person.

I like to talk about why things are shit rather than just judging them as shit. And it's entirely possible it'll keep getting played because it is almost guaranteed to have a sizable playerbase at launch because of its name alone on top of the free media attention, something most arena shooters don't have the luxury of.

I have been playing it and will play it after it finally releases. It's the only arena shooter that has a future, everything else is dead. Holla Forums likes to pretend this is not the case. UT4 dropped the ball, they don't have any kind of matchmaking design to compete with the modern market. Shat out maps at a snailspace that weren't finished. Too busy making tiny tweaks. They had all the time in the fucking world and they didn't care enough.

I made the threads for past weekends and it got shitposted so bad the mods saw fit to just autosage it I think. Now look at us.

This is the 3rd of 4th beta weekend.

or not of

This is the first one i've been invited too, and i havnt been following it. Just knew of its presence.

this thread is nearly a day old and only 50 replies. it's safe to say no one actually gives a shit and it's just one guy sockpuppeting.

I was just starting this thread to show off the gameplay before anyone else could see it, but its literally just UT4 with shitty movement, forced in abilities, you HAVE to pay to own any of the champions except for ranger and less guns.

Its not even worth editing out my name, and rendering/uploading the video. Just play any arena shooter and im sure that would be better.

Playing arena shooters by yourself is not an option.

I really just need a proper gamemode right now. I've never really had an interest in traditional deathmatch.

It feels like QUACK CHUMPS has some kind of hit-scan delay. Possibly to reward players with bad aim and punish players with good aim.

Quake players might know this to be similar to time nudge cvar.

NDA, son. It hardens in response to unlawfully disclosed content and information of QUACK CHUMPS.

It is going to be a great game, so there's no point in showing it off.

I'd offer to stream it or something but I'm too lazy to set that shit up. Plus I've not gotten the time to play it yet.

good point

oh man it's you again, I told you to fuck off how many times? I lost count

Honestly UT4 is complete fucking garbage compared to Quake Champions.

Why doesn't Mark ban this retard?

I'm bored of Quake Champions already. Now I know why all the normalfags play Twitch meme games all day. I will never have UT2004 assault ever again.

0.02 shekels have been deposited into your account

I'll bet 20 bucks that BIOs were written by a woman new to the series
|DISGUSTING|

Don't forget the "F2P" design or the paid mods.

Stop being autistic, grab some friends and play UT99 again. Modern videogames are awful more often than not so just ignore them until the good shit comes out.

The game just falls short of fun, and it's all because of the different champions: Locking certain skill based movement behind a character choice is a terrible idea. The champions themselves are pretty shit too, half of them went barely used in the matches I've played.

I can already tell which ones will be the only ones actually used from the skills alone

Meanwhile here's ut take on esports, deathmatch with a flag. Same mechanics, weapons/items have unique spots on the map , double damage, redeemer, armor, everything. But you also have to carry a flag to the other end of the map. And deathmatch is also there in case you dont like it. Granted the announcer on ctf sounds like a massive faggot but that will probably change in the future. I hope

I should make a ut thread soon. The game's doing surprisingly well on its own platform with no advertisement but it needs more people

Downvote all zenimax threads

Because thats not gonna get tedious at all, outplaying someone and suddenly dying because they pressed a key

Not to mention this is gonna get the dow3 treatment. Most veterans wont even bother, some people fall for it, half of the buyers taste the dish before deciding it's shit and dropping it, and little to no new players actually buy it because it's a 'super obscure hardcore 90s game'

It does let you telefrag though, but on the flip side it disappears after four or five seconds so you can't really do any cool trick teleports with it.

It'd be nice if most abilities weren't one-sided advantages for the one using them though. Like one is neat which leaves a trail of plasma wherever you go which is useful for denying others from the Quad Damage spawn, but you actually have to put yourself at risk and run around first before you can spread some plasma. I've seen a Scalebearer ram through three guys at once with his instakilling shoulder tackle ability. I'm almost inclined to shoop his portrait in front of a screenshot of the Lyon truck attack with the caption SCALEBEARER TAKES SKILL

LOL

Quack Chumps actually had an auto hop in the beta, simply holding down jump will build up speed. I never really understood why games that tie down player creativity sold so well nowadays; But after reading that garbage I have my answer.

I think it's worse than I expected and I was expecting total shit.

It's like the artist or modeler were battling to decide how much of a Joker influence they could make, and forgot who the character is based off of from the previous games.

>>>/cuckchan/

looks more like vampire tranny Frank West than anything really.

yeah nah

Tried the beta. I liked it until I realized it's just overwatch sans objectives.

While you can certainly flame them for a few things, they are doing quite well and are actually updating somewhat regularly with ok sized updates. Sure, few of the maps are truely finished in terms of how they look, but many of them already play perfectly. The rest of the gameplay is also quite ok. Although I am mostly an instagib player;

People really like to blow up the "difficulty" in learning to strafe.

looks
fun

I prefer quake's movement over UT's

How fucking hard is it to hold forward and just kind of slide your mouse back and forth lovingly while pressing A and D?
Is it even simpler than that? It's so easy I do it automatically.

I've never understood the "demoman takes skill" joke when the pyro exists. The high level scene all know he has a very high skill ceiling along with the rest of the power classes. while the low level scene hates on demo while they walk forward with left mouse button glued to the sensor as pyro.

What will be worse: Prey or Quake Champions?

Because of Pyro's short range probably

What about Heavy, Engineer, and Demoman.

These trailers are kind of pointless since the closed beta and everybody knowing what all the CHUMPS are like now. Though despite being the default starting CHUMP in a F2P game, Ranger is actually one of the best in the game, and probably has some of the best lines in the game.

So many excuses for being too lazy to improve.

but UT was always shit, and quake just following the shit trend

tl;dr it's fucking nothing. Even UT4 is progressing faster at this point.

Basically the joke is that demoman is at his most annoying when he spams nades and stickies around corner which can be effective to some degree, hence why nadespam takes skill. Pyro is rarely seriously played to be an issue to anyone but Spies.