3DS Homebrew Thread

"Time to grind endlessly for that Dragon's Shield" Edition

n3ds.info/
3ds.guide/
freeshop.pw/
smealum.github.io/3ds/

pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
pastebin.com/fQHB5nzJ
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

aliexpress.com/store/product/32-Bit-black-Game-Card/417337_32799095130.html
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3ds.guide/faq
mediafire.com/file/lbk59jib1bf2d5b/download.bin
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?263172-3DS-Custom-Virtual-Console-(NES-GB-GBC-GBA-GEN-MD)-Games-(595-games-right-now)
3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't care how this game turns out, they need to keep the artist on no matter what for the Switch game. So much better than Awakening/Fates generic dA look.

What do you mean by "turns out"? It's out already, it's even up on FreeShop.

Condensed OP is nice, no more ugly as sin multi-post block of info.

You mean the JPN version. Localization could completely ruin it again.

Why would you be playing a localized version anyway? Just play the real game.

Don't know moon runes. English patch is only partial at the moment.

You're going to need to learn eventually, if not for Fire Emblem, then for Super Robot Wars, or Monster Hunter, or MegaTen, or Bravely, or Tales Of, or Gyakuten Saiban, or Ys, or really just about any video game you could think of.

I know, I know, but it's fucking hard and there's only enough time in a day to work a job or shitpost on Holla Forums.

You can do it user. Someday there'll be something that'll finally push you over the edge and you'll start, and it'll be hard at first, but you'll hit the point where you can start learning more by actually playing games and everything will be great from there.

Thanks for the motivation, user. Maybe I'll give it another swing.

Plebs like you are the reason these japs are not making a new Wars game.

Don't blame me, I have all of them; it was because Days of Ruin didn't do very well in the West.

halp
also: anyone got links to translated fates and decensored awakening?

Funny, because Days of Ruin didn't even make it to Japan. Only the west got this game.

If you have a shitty job that you need in order to, you know, keep yourself supplied with clean water and a roof over your head, learning Japanese as an adult is like ice skating uphill. Severe distress fucks your ability to retain new information.

How bad is the localization?

user who thought he bricked his 3ds because of NTR here.

I don't really want to to the whole haxxing thing, wouldn't be better if I just try another sd card?

Is there anyway to use Homebrew launcher without WiFi? I'm using 11.3.0 so I can't use Menuhax and I looked around but didn't see any other solutions. Am I missing something?

That's what I'd recommend. Takes a minimum of a 4GB card for hax purposes, and redoing everything can't hurt. Just do not skip any steps, and never forget to not update to 11.4.

There's some sort of button input to download the necessary files. I don't remember.

Can I just downgrade to 11.2, if so should I?

Just try holding different buttons while connected to wifi.

We were all more or less content to have the series stop at 12 and stay a little niche franchise. Don't blame us for ISIS being fags.

What what do you mean, what files?

You're using the app right? It's like the ropbin or some shit like that, I don't remember what though.

No clue, but you shouldn't be too worried given that Fates was a mess because of it not really being the focus of the translators (they were translating BotW at the same time, iirc). Don't quote me on that since it's just a theory. Besides, Fates' writing was shit to begin with.

Yeah I'm using the app

For some reason they made the app so it gets a file from the internet and you have to press y or x or something while it's loading to download it and use the app offline.

It isn't working. Is there just somewhere I could download the files and put them on my SD card myself?

I don't know. Have you tried every button?

I have. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'm not sure.

There is no good localization. Never has been, never will be.

you need to remove the freeshop link, the guy who made it got charged 20 years for posession of cp so he's not going to be working on it anymore. There's a fork available here: gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/

They actually did get it, but 5 years later as an eShop download.

Hopefully new guy puts in that feature to display games without tickets in the list, there's tickets for DLC for games that don't have their actual ticket in the shop.

I beg to differ.

Fair enough, allow me to reword that - there are no such things as good and faithful localizations joke dubs are a scream, even when they ruin otherwise badass shows like vid related

Except that looks just as fucking generic, pixiv generic if anything, especially compared to the original Gaiden art.

Hopefully not

It was like that for me with learning spanish and talking to the spics in the neighborhood, though nip is so different

Agreed, it's especially disappointing after they got Shiro Masamune of all people to do the art for the DS Marth remakes.

Japanese does have grammar differences from English that can make it confusing at first, but once you get over that hump you'll realize that overall Japanese is more internally consistent than English and much easier to learn for it.

Freeshop still works. Stop being a moral faggot.

Non-issue. It's automated you dense fuck.
He has been in jail for months yet it worked as intended.
This new fork will be better in the long-run, but there's no need to swap until they do something better than adding theme support, a new splash screen and adding a AZERTY keyboard (which means jackshit on a touchscreen like the 3DS one)

It detects if you have the game in cartridge or on SD card already. I managed to download the update for MH4 and Pokemon OR off Sd and cart respectively.
If that fails, install CIAngel. Updates the list faster and you can search by titlekey for just DLC, but at the cost of only downloading a CIA, forcing you to install it separately, which is only a pain for large install sizes.

WHY HAS IT TAKEN SO LONG FOR THEM TO UPDATE HOMEBREW LAUNCHER LOADER FOR 11.4!?!?! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

becasue just about every app on HBL is available as a CIA or a payload so no one really cares

In CIAngel you can use L to swap between creating a ticket, creating a CIA, and installing.

I like this meme, but I want to play this shit online and ranked.
Also,
Someone pass me that shit if he can.

i think its on 3dsiso but dont have a link to it anymore
can you make cia from installed games?

No, I mean that there are games whose titlekeys haven't been uploaded to FreeShop's database, but have DLC whose titlekey has, and those titles don't get added to the list so you can't download them. For instance, the SRW titles.

Use CIAngel? between those two i generally have no problems. If freeshop doesnt have it i usually check there then online.

Is it safe to update to 11.4?
t. user living under several rocks the past few weeks

But I don't want to install everything as a CIA. .3dsx files are so much more convenient

If you have A9LH and use Luma as the default payload (which you most likely are) then yes, it will always be safe. Luma puts the FIRM partition into read-only mode so Nintendo can never overwrite it.

Be warned if you use Homebrew Launcher Loader because that's currently broken on 11.4. NTR works via the fork NTR Selector.

My advice would be to ALWAYS perform a NAND backup with Hourglass9 before updating your system. That way if you regret making an update you can always roll back to an older firmware

If you're on a semi recent emunand (such as 11.2 in my case) there's no need to.
Newer versions of LUMA make it possible to play games online on older system versions.
Just update Luma if that's your case.

You mean sysnand? I haven't used emunand since the dinosaur ages of these threads

If you're on a9lh sysnand then there's never any risk with updates, isn't that it's goal?
Still, that info may be valuable to some people, it sure was to me.

I suppose, but it never hurts to ask just in case theres things beyond luma that get fucked.

Out of region online EULA user here again. Last thread I was trying to use the EULA setter but it never saved any changes. Someone asked how I was using the homebrew launcher, but I don't even know/remember how to access it if not through the installed application on my home menu. Could someone clarify?

please respond

Did you really fall for the "you can't learn Japanese" meme?

And like 3 months before online died.

The new fork shows how much space you have on your SD card. That is incredibly convenient.

Decrypt9 or GodMode9 can dump it as a CIA for you.

Yes, and if you have the base game installed and the DLC is on there, you can download the DLC by going to the Installed Game List and clicking on the green controller.
If there is no green controller, you have a shitty CIA installed, but that shouldn't cause too many problems. Use CIAngel.

That was me.
If you have a system

I'll wait for a confirmation of the firmware that's in, thank you. Also, expect a physical rework of the weakpoint used by what will be sighax that has been announced last december.

A fairly obvious guess would be the latest firmware fam. I wouldn't get it until an exploit comes out for it.

Probably, but we have had some surprises with n3DS (both normal and XL) being several updates late, so it may happen again.

For what purpose?

"better 3D photos and videos".

To ensure backwards compatibility with AR-shit like Face Raiders and what not.

I'm going to bump my question because I didn't find an answer. Is there another launcher I could use or something?

nigger

so is it safe to update?

Check the very first link in the OP

Rip rabbit thread

It was a mistake from the moment they tried to go to that other vidya board.

What rabbit thread?

Oh, whoops, I meant to post that in the touhou thread.
Didn't realize till now.

No, because the base game isn't on the list. The base game doesn't appear on the list if the ticket for it isn't on FreeShop, even if said game has DLC that has tickets up.

wew laddies, I did it on my newly purchased n3dsxl, soundhax is GOAT

Congratulations on following the guide, without assuming that you knew better, and thus succeeding. Welcome now to the ennui of unlimited choice.

So how is the new FE anyway?

Well that actually marks my 2nd hacked 3ds but I'm glad I didn't brick it because this is one I actually had to pay for.

Pretty good, reasonably faithful to the original outside of the artwork so far. Definitely the best FE we've had since 12.

the old version is automated to check from updates from that fucking guy. He's not going to be able to roll out updates. If you get the fork it will be automated again, because where you're sitting it's just never going to change. It takes 3 fucking seconds to scan a qr code, you did it in the first place. You sound like the retards who clung onto rxtools for a full year after it stopped being touched completely.

and linking people to the new version in op instead of an old one that will never be touched is common fucking sense.

>If you have a system

I think I soft bricked my device, DS will just black screen if i inset any games or any SD card
Anyway I can fix this? On version 2.10-4E now apparently?
God I wish pirating 3DS games was as simple as getting an R4 card like it was for the the regular ol DS
I'm a big dumbo pls no bully

Since the game is out on the freeshop is it any good? I don't think I could take another Awakening or Fates.

Is there a better way to get the official themes? Maybe somewhere to download them to use with a homebrew theme manager?

does boop still work with the latest fbi? there are too many titles not in freeshop still so i'm stuck with cias.

Can I finally play pirated ds games on my 3ds, without needing a gamecard and having little to no issues?

Honestly if i had the income i might actually get it

Is there an updated list of recommended games?

I've tried Bravely Second but it's boring me to tears. I fucking hate Yew so much.

Does it have anything to do with his voice?

Are you playing the foreign version or something? Because that is a fucking bizarre Romanization for 'Yuu.'

Yeah, they changed his name to Yew.

I just hate his character in its entirety. He's fucking retarded.

Yuu is admittedly a pretty weak character, though as dumb as it is "Ganbarevenge" makes me laugh, and they actually managed to make it pretty badass the way they used it at the start of Chapter 5. But yeah, if you play RPGs for the cast, the party dynamic in Second isn't anywhere near as good as Default's, though I would say if you're a fan of Default it's worth going through to see what fates await the main cast and the hints they drop as to what Ringabel will be doing in Bravely Third

I liked the first game but the beginning of Second makes me want to snap my 3DS in half. Maybe I'll try again but anytime the main character does or says something I need to put the game down. Especially when they talk about how he's the captain of the three cavaliers.

I got to where Edea joined for the first time and after a while just stopped playing.

Hi shill

First thing I'll recommend is playing the actual version of the game instead of the Englishanese one. That said, even in Japanese the tone is overall very different from the first game, and the party dynamic isn't nearly as strong - Magnolia helps, but she's no Ringabel. The gameplay mechanics I would say are overall an improvement, there's some interesting new jobs, and it's not as easy to cheese the system as it was in Default, but it's still not exactly a difficult game. On the bright side, the 'restart' this time only happens once, and is an actual time travel this time so you basically go back and fix all the times you fucked up, both in the main and side quests, and it can get pretty satisfying.

If I were a shill I'd be defending FE13 and 14, and probably not telling people to pirate games.

Hi shill

Only one I saw up on Amazon was the DQ special edition one, but that's like 25 thousand.

I found BD to be so aggravating that I uninstalled BS without even playing it. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to play another Square game again, even though I haven't paid for one in like a decade.

pastebin.com/fQHB5nzJ

List of all eShop titlekeys. There are things on here that aren't released, like Ever Oasis, but there's 4800+ titles here, and it's taking me some time to work my way through it.

I can't wait to pirate this re-release of SS. I want to see what they're adding and changing

3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Do I have to do step 10 now that 11.4 is out?

wait what?
the english release of BS censored a whole fucking lot in terms of character models so i havent really wanted to play it, since if they did that cause a little skin was showing i worry about what happened to the script.

What part of "follow the goddamn instructions" do you not understand?

Why wouldn't you have to?

Exactly - even when you have people genuinely attempting to do it right you're going to have flubs, and most companies have a very vested financial interest in doing it as wrong as possible since the way localization works is that the more they change, the more they can bill the actual devs. In general I would say to never play any game outside of it's native tongue.

If nothing else, follow the instructions to the letter so that if something goes wrong and you need to ask for help, everyone is on the same page.

Anyone know how I can download japanese games on an American 3DS, if possible?

Luma includes automatic region patching.

Cool. I didn't know that. Thank you. I may return if I have any further questions.

Ok, so is there any way to download the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Echoes from the freeshop?

It's up on the FreeShop, but for some reason it calls the game "Shadows of Valencia" instead of "Mou Hitori no Eiyuuou"

It doesn't work for the 3D movies. You'll have to fully switch the region via al9h or whatever. It's stupid.

I WANT TO WATCH 3D LEGO MOVIE SO FUCKING BAD, ANONS!!!

(checked)
No, because it's not on the freeshop yet. You'll have to wait for a friendly neighborhood Japanese to upload a title key.

It is though, it was submitted on release day and has been up on FreeShop since a couple days after that.

Hey, you're right, it IS on the freeshop. I don't remember Japanese games being available on the freeshop, but maybe that's just because they've been in Japanese. I'm retarded. Anyway, thank you.

Thank you, as well.

Hopefully I won't have any more questions

It isn't showing up for me for whatever reason.

You can set the filters in FreeShop to only show Japanese games, and then use the disc button in the bottom to save that setting so you don't need to redo it everytime, very helpful.

What are some good 3DS RPG's? I've already played through SMT IV and i didn't really like Etrian Odyssey or Bravely Default.

Journey to Whatever started out okay, your basic SLACKER IS WHISKED AWAY TO THE RPG WORLD, but I got so tired of playing it that I deleted it after the first town. Leveling up, just like in Boring Dogshit, just seemed to do nothing for you.

If you liked SMT IV you might like SMT IV Apocalypse.

And in a similar vein; Devil Survivor Overclocked, Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.

The Devil Survivor games are more SRPGs, though.

Look into 7th Dragon 3, Legend of Legacy, the Yokai Watch games (if you like Pokemon, I suppose? I haven't played them)

There's also Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Etrian Mystery Dungeon if you want to research those.

You can also try Dragon Quest 7 and 8. Project X Zone 1 and 2 are also SRPGs, but they're mostly for fanservice because of the amount of franchises that are part of the crossover.

If you have a New 3DS you can try Xenoblade Chronicles. I've heard it has framerate problems though. When I played it on the wii I was delighted to discover that it was probably one of the better JRPGs I've played.

Nice. Thanks, lad.

Looks like there is a new app called

RipEX 3DS

I'm trying to get it to work, but my payloads are outdated, so ctrhttpwn isn't working. Looks like it plays anime from AnimeFLV. Anyone here speak spanish and can confirm? The guy has a github as well.

elotrolado.net/hilo_wip-ripex-3ds-aplicacion-para-ver-anime-en-new-nintendo-3ds-ya-puedes-descargar-la-app_2228528

It does just that and apparently only works on N3DS.
You're lucky i'm the same breed of spic as him, otherwise his accent would have been a huge pain to understand in those videos

wait what?
the english release of BS censored a whole fucking lot in terms of character models so i havent really wanted to play it, since if they did that cause a little skin was showing i worry about what happened to the script.

I"m bad at guessing accents, i think its southern-central america/ northern south america,
how close am i?

woops i fucked up, he's apparently chilean.

Does it play videos in 3D?

Where can I buy a slot-2 cart? This piece of chink shit is sold out everywhere I look.

No like it's just not showing up.
Do I need to update it? I'm on 2.2.0

How do I get cttrpwn to fucking work? I just tried updating the otherapp bin file manually to 11.3. But I can't use the internet browser. FBI is updated, HBL is updated. I don't want to system update to 11.4.

Goddamn, this is retarded. I've tried updating ctrhttpwn, luma, HBL, but when I exit HBL (not reboot), I get:

"An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system."

I click ok, click Internet, and I get the fucking UPDATE NAG!

I just want ctrhttpwn to work so I can watch anime. And maybe play some monster hunter with anons. :(

aliexpress.com/store/product/32-Bit-black-Game-Card/417337_32799095130.html
Is this what you want?

OK, it looks like ctrhttpwn works. It's the internet browser that doesn't. That took, what, two hours to figure out? CFW is a shitshow. It's really lacking in the documentation area.

I'm gonna look for a way to bypass the browser nag. Anybody know how on 11.3?

It should be showing up if you have the newest set of titlekeys. Try updating.

Same situation. Fortunate for me, I've grown tired of the 3DS, so I may just remove the battery and put it in storage if 11.4 can't be slapped around.

Thinking of buying a flashcart for DS games
Any recommendations? Leaning towards R4i Gold Deluxe

I know it's not homebrew, but are there any MEGAs that dump 3ds Iso's for emulation?

I'm trying to install TWloader and it tells me that i have to install it to both sysnand and emunand.
With emunand i just have to access fbi normally, but how do i access sysnand and install it?

Correct choice.
There's the DS Super2+ (or some name like that) that can play a lot of other ROMs, like SNES and shit, but it chews through your power.

You want decrypted things? Only decrypted games work on Citra.
Go to 3DSISO, use the account eightvee pass: veeeightbunker and have a look around.

Now, I may be wrong about this, but I think you can use Wii U USB Helper to do this. It's like Freeshop in that it downloads off the eShop servers, but it's done on your computer, and the Decrypt option should work for 3DS.
Check the CEMU thread, there's a tutorial to make the thing work. Only change is when the program asks for Wii U Titlekey site, you paste in the 3DS one in the 2nd box. Titlekey URL is in the OP.

Those instructions were shit, but should be passable. Ask if you're confused.

You can install FBI as a .3dsx, then open it from HBL.
Decrypt9/GodMode9 can also install from the HBL.

To install to the SysNAND, you need to book HBL from power down. Accessing HBL through something like the CIA on your EmuNAND won't install things to SysNAND.

So, I have an AL9H'd N3DSXL that I've been lazy about getting unbanned that runs into error code 022-2812 (system ban). I've seen some things around while digging about a CFW method of circumventing the ban, but it's apparently out of date and no longer works. Are there any other CFW methods for getting around the ban, or is my only option to throw SecureInfo_A into a hex editor and pray?

how the fuck did you get banned??

*I was a retard back in the SuMo leak days because I had a friend that insisted I help them with evolving via trade*

So does this mean that the Freeshop is now capable of providing anything and everything that's on the eShop, regardless of region?

Is there an EUR>USA save converter or am i fucked?

It depends what game.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3
want to convert my yuro "region free" save to US

Only option is to use another CFW'd device and use it's Friend Code, which is how bans are managed.
Hope you have a 2nd friend with CFW'd device who gives you the file, and don't go online early again.

No, those are just titlekeys, which are just numbers that specify the game ID.
It has some unreleased games on it, like the Mario and Luigi SSS Deluxe remake and Ever Oasis. Haven't checked if there's more unreleased shit, but SciresM didn't mention anything else, and I'm sure he double checked it.

Have you tried just using it as-is? Some games don't care about that kind of stuff.

It seems i can't launch HBL.
it gives me 3 strings of digits (00001000, 01fcd000, d8e17406) then the message "something failed :(, please report error code above"

Alright, good to know. Worth asking, do you know if the Friend Code file is system/region specific, similar to the firmware versions? Like, for example, if a O3DS FC seed would be applicable to a N3DS. Also, to double check it, the file in question there is SecureInfo_A, right?

Did you update to 11.4 on an o3ds?

I WANT TO FUCK IKE

If you're on 11.4, you need to update payloads.
Either hold X while booting it and connected to the internet, or go to Smealum's website and download the new payload then chuck it on your SD card.

I think N3DS and O3DS are interchangeable. Not sure about region.
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/
Read this guide. It's pretty much dump a file from one 3DS, download a blank file from that guide then inject both to the banned 3DS.
It will remove your NNID account, so if there's anything on that account that you want, but it's not on the system or Freeshop, you're in trouble.

When i boot while holding x it goes into decrypt9 and i don't know what to do to update. If i go to smealum's site what do i have to dowload: otherapp or ropbin?

Boot HBL and hold X. Booting console and holding a button is how you active a payload.

I tried to launch HBL and holding x but i have the same error, booting holding L won't activate HBL either. Everything else ([select]-luma, [x]-decrypt9…) works.

CHMM is broken?

SHOULD I BUY A NEW 2DS XL FOR HACK PURPOSES ONLY?
I'd like to keep my update recent, because i kinda want multiplayer on my monster hunter games.

If you've never hacked a 3DS or 2DS before, once everything's set up you can actually keep updating your system normally
The hack process writes something to the firmware enabling the exploits and from there you just have to keep Luma updated before you update the system bios

Yeah, I know it sounds stupid crazy from a hacking standpoint but shit works. You can keep your multiplayer.

The real question is whether the 2DS XL is going to come with an exploitable version of the OS

I feel it's gonna be way easier to sell a brand new 2ds still sealed and everything.
I have friends who'd buy it full price

2DS XL will 100% ship with 11.4.
Production would of only started recently, if at all, and even if it did start, they'd take them back and put 11.4 on them.

Nintendo are retarded, but they usually announce a new special edition with every update and start selling them with unexploitable (at the time) firmware.

By the time the thing drops we might already actually have an 11.4 exploit, who knows.

So, is there any other game besides Xenoblade that uses the ZR/ZL buttons?

Off memory, MonHun X/XX/Gen.
Maybe Binding of Isaac, though I doubt it.

I don't play many weeb/JP only games, so I'm not sure, but there's a good chance they used it more.

what went wrong with emulation in 3DS?

it's been more than year already when CFW was available and to this day, there's still no decent PSX emulator. N3DS exist and still doesn't make a difference.
I know. It's just I love emulators for their savestates and specially Retroarch for it's real time rewinding feature. Makes game like Super Ghouls n Goblins playable and fun.

Retroarch in 3DS would've been amazing, especially for N3DS, since N3DS has built in scanlines by default(check it right now if you haven't seen it).

Also Retroarch is bugfest in our 3DS.It doesn't perform quite well unlike in PC or Android, etc.

I wish emulation in our 3DS would've been better and I believe that this is the peak already.

the real question is

IT'S ALREADY BEEN FUCKING 2 YEARS SINCE THE RELEASE OF N3DS AND YET THERE ARE ONLY 2 EXCLUSIVE GAMES AND SNES VC SHIT THAT UTILIZES THE POWER OF N3DS.

I know some games like MH4U takes advantage of the better cpu of N3DS, but what I am looking for is an actual N3DS exclusive game with a better looking visuals and graphics than a regular 3DS game. This is the sole reason I bought N3DS. I thought that they will start releasing next gen 3DS games.

any flashcart works now. If you can find the 1st gen R4, which is the cheapest ds flashcard. Then go for it. Just put the latest woodr4 firmware on it for 100% compatibility.

If you want some fancy shit, go for carts that has real time saving.

What?

It's the same thing as with the DSi - it's an upgraded model that runs some games better, includes some bonuses in some games, and has one or two exclusive titles.

I was talking about ridiculously hard games like Super Ghouls n Ghosts. It's one of the hardest games in existence, but with savestates and real time rewinding, it makes the game playable without tearing your hair or throwing your device

So you are telling me that everyone already knew this when N3DS was announced? That I was the only one that thought that next gen 3DS games are coming, like a lot of next gen 3DS games. And everyone bought N3DS so they can just run some games better?

holyshit, I think I need to familiarize myself with Nintendo more.

According to Wikipedia, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts is Chou Makaimura. If so, while I'll agree that the series is insanely difficult, I'm still going to stick with that being the fun of it, and save states kind of defeating the point.

I won't say "everyone" but I presume most people figured that would be the case after the DSi, though to be fair, that was also why many at first thought the 3DS wasn't actually a sequel system itself. Basically, anytime Nintendo (or really, any company, considering the "PS4 Pro") releases a "new" piece of hardware, take a good look to find out what exactly it is.

Not necessarily for that reason - some people just had held off on buying a 3DS at all until the DSi-esque revision that is the New, others needed to replace their hardware anyway for whatever reason. That said, I wouldn't doubt there being some people who upgraded just for the performance boost, especially hardcore MonHun players for 4G.

There's XCX, BoI, a pinball game, some arty racing game involving rainbows, and SNES VC.
I think there's a few others, but I can't remember them.

a) Emulation sucks due to hardware involved
b) Emulation sucks because the devs for the 3DS are all about stroking their e-peens and just try to be the first, not the best, so no one works on retroarch
c) Wait a little bit longer. Everyone jumped over to the Switch for some stupid reason, trying to be the first, but they'll give up save for the ultra autists like Smea and Nedwil and do more stuff to get their e-peens stroked again

Very nice trips, and yes, that's Nintendo's method of madness. They release upgraded versions of consoles/peripherals mid-way and late into the console's lifespan to milk some extra cash.
Any console reiteration that promises better things flops, see: PS4pro, N3DS, Kinect, all of the Wii add-ons that were used for 1 or 2 games etc.

looking for a .cia of Kingdom Hearts - Dream Drop Distance

it's not on the freeshop, chaosgamez's links are suffering from internal errors and nicoblog is misrepresenting a .3ds file (for flash carts) as a .cia in the page title, so those sites aren't viable for KH3D

3dsiso has it

3DSISO has it, but for future reference, you can convert a .3ds to .cia with Decrypt9, and I think there's a PC alternative.

So, I updated to 11.4, so that I could watch 3D porn on my 3ds on pornhub. Firstly, the youtube app sucks. Don't ever use it. Secondly, the internet browser also sucks. None of the 3d videos worked, only a few of the 2d videos did.

The RipEX app is pretty good (in theory). There needs to be a fork that does kissanime, and english.

Why is there an internet browser, when is sucks so much? And why isn't there one being developed by gbatemp that is better? I watched a 3d 2010 alice in wonderland vid and it was awesome.

we can update to 11.4 without hiccups now?

catch up with time and use google cardboard user
it's cheap and all you need is a smartphone that is at least 4.5 inches wide

Why

oh, is that you that Japanese guy on Ollaht's vola?

While I agree that the series is fun, come on. The game is so hard that it was made just to spite on you. And on top of that, you have to play the game two times just to get to the final boss.

heh I am guilty of this. This is also the reason I bought N3DS, is because I am a hardcore MH player and I need those extra frames.

you put the smartphone on the google cardboard

wait so you don't need twloader to play games on flashcards? that's the only reason i was trying to install it.

No, ctr-httpwn is borked on 11.4, and so is NTR streaming.

But I don't use either of those, so I don't care.

The pull of 3d porn on my 3ds was too great.

I have a Vive, and cardboard. But I didn't want to put a thing on my head. It's super annoying when I want to change porns. The 3ds looked cooler, but it doesn't perform.

Fuck man, I really just want to watch 3D videos without a fucking weight on my head. Damn 3DS devs are more interested in games. Humph.

it was always there even in 11.2. you can turn on 3d settings whenever you play any kind of video

i dunno user, why would you prefer 3D effect over something like virtual reality? That's the point of 3D right? to immerse you? VR headsets does it better.

you still need that, I'm just saying that all DS flashcarts works now.

Guess i'll just have to wait for updates since i'm on 11.4

How do I make it stop spamming me with requests to update?

That art looks like fucking dog shit, user. Stop pretending that old is better.

if you're on a9lh then just update

isnt the update shit though

What firmware do I get lads?

is NDS loading still trash?
last I remember we could play SM64DS from SD with intense loading.

11.4 still never ever?

Ever Oasis looks like such not-fun.

Doesn't change anything unless you're not on CFW.

NEVAR EVAR for the next few months at least.
Bootstrapper doesn't get as frequent updates as it was.

There's a hack for Doodlebomb that the dev won't release so Nintendo doesn't patch it instantly.
My bet if he'll release that on the launch of the 2DSXL, but there's a chance for something else to come sooner.

Looks like babby's first mystery dungeon, and at the low price of free, I'll play it.

yes, and it probably will stay trash for years. just get a flashcart and 32gb microsd and you'll be set
Someone put it well

How do I install GBA games on to my N3DS?

My O3DS can't read SD Card suddenly. It works fine before, though. And windows can read it fine.

What happened here? I don't remember removing any files, just added some themes.

Whenever I try to play WarioWare DIY on my flashcart it just brings up a white screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

your main sd card? funny the same thing happened to me after i tried to close the themes app. screen showed "sd card cannot be read" but it was fixed by a reboot tho

FE: Echoes leak when?

Jappo version is already up as "Shadows of Velencia" or something similar, I think.

It's been up on the FreeShop for weeks, just mislabeled as "Shadows of Valencia"

I don't know moon though.

No time like the present to start learning, it's a pretty necessary skill for the Fire Emblem series.

Are there any non-kiddy games? Kirby and Yoshi are too fucking easy. I beat both mario games in a 2 weeks, each, with light play.

Monster Hunter

Super Robot Wars
Monster Hunter
Sekaiju no MeiQ

Can you give me a CIA file that works or something?

3ds.titlekeys.com/ is down. Should I panic?

Works fine for me

I updated reasently how do I downgrade?

Hey, guys. It's been a while and I've forgotten a bit about CFW. I need to set up a New 3DS that I got a ways back, but I've also been playing games on an older 3DS with CFW. Is any of that data going to be transferable?

From the OP:

3ds.guide/faq

I need to transfer just game saves and the like. I don't need to and actually won't be able to do a System Transfer. I'm transferring my system data via Internet onto the New 3DS because I lost the system my main account was on. The 3DS I've been using is my secondary account.

Crossposting from the MH thread cause it's relevant, did anyone here try Monster Hunter Stories on an old 3DS?
I'm concerned about performance.

It's down for most people. Looks like the one hosting it let it die.

Suggestions for something to replace it, anyone ?

At least the concept art is not waifu shit

The fan translations are pretty fine for most of the games barring Thracia and Mystery of the Emblem.

So will the ancient R4 carts in pic related work on original 3ds with wood r4?

Not sure about the original R4s, but the R4 Gold with Wood firmware works.
If you have one, just try it, if you're buying one, spend a few bucks more and get the one you know works.

with NTR just about all carts work.

So, from Cucktemp, here's the informations. First and foremost,

BOTH 3DS AND WIIU TITLEKEY SITES ARE DEAD
The owner let them die for unknown reasons, but basically, he just let them die and few people got the enctitlekey files before it happened.

OF COURSE, IT MEANS YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM IT
So don't ask about it. That also includes any program designed to download through it, like FreeShop.

As asked before, any alternatives would be welcomed.

wouldn't the solution be to just grab an existing titlekey file and update it as needed? the site was nice as a quick index but i'm not sure it affects anything in terms of freeshop functioning.

Pretty sure FreeShop caches all the titlekeys, the only thing this means is that at the moment there's no go-to place to check for new titlekey dumps.

Apparently, but the site was also organizing things to get titlekeys for missing games, which was appreciated and supported by various communities.

Also, the only remaining titlekeys are rather scarce and not updated, so an updated one should be necessary.

Make a new one, grab some easy shekels with ads, host it where Ninty and other places have no power, make sure to update it often (especially during new releases), and shill it on cucktemp. Problem solved and monies acquired.

Eh, Freeshop and CIAngel have local copies. Only new titles won't be found.

Wait a few days and someone will make a new one.

It was automated.
If the guy is still alive, you could just do a domain lookup and email him, asking what happened.

Does anyone actually have a list of what these guys need? I've got about $50 in eShop cash that I probably won't be spending on anything.

3DSISO has a forum subsection for that stuff.
They tell you to only give a dollar for each gme so you don't get swindled, but just make a post and buy whatever they mention.

I fucking told you faggots!

Everyone Panic! Women and nintoddlers first!

Just so that everyone understands, Freeshop still works. When started, it takes 45 seconds to "download titlekeys". But, since the server isn't responding, it times out. Whatever keys you had from last time is what you got. My last two games are ninja smasher and urban trial freestyle 2. It still d/ls games. Just no new keys.

All I know offhand is that both the Super Robot Wars games, UX and BX, aren't on there.

there used to be a mega link to a collection of official themes for the 3ds in the OP. Does anyone still have it?

can anyone give a link to the freeshop fork cia?

You don't need a freeshop fork, we need a new titlekey host. Freeshop downloads through Nintendo's servers, the only thing titlekeys.com did was host the download keys.

How about update the op next time with trustworthy sites to download roms and cia now that freeshop is dead?

Or just a download link for the latest title keys. Freeshop still works if you already have keys in 3ds/data/freeShop/keys

Like this: mediafire.com/file/lbk59jib1bf2d5b/download.bin

Good thing I grabbed all five Wii U games worth a damn a couple days ago, right? Alternative pls soon, I can't take another nyaa incident this soon after the first, the wounds are still fresh.

I just opened WiiU USB Helper for the first time in a while to check if it saves titlekeys locally, and somehow it not only retained what was there before but gained some keys. Even 3ds titlekeys seemed to be updated.

There may be a backup of the titlekeys made on the Wii U USB updater servers.

Nyaa was such a joke. All they had to do was change a server host to a less cucked country.

His methods for shutting down entirely were fucking stupid, but that doesn't mean that them shutting down is any less of a loss.

Good to know. And here I figured it grabbed shit from the titlekeys site every time it opened.

It seems that the titlekey sites have shifted domains.

3ds.titlekeys.gq/ and wiiu.titlekeys.gq/ seem to be working.

When did it become acceptable to post this kind of filth on Holla Forums?

I haven't heard any remarkable news about twloader since 2016.
It does seem that you can play Warioware Touched on it now though, so there's that.

I'm trying to play Metriod: Zero Mission on mgba, but the sound is laggy. Is there a setting or a different emulator that is better to use?

Not comforting when there's already that DSiWare version of the game in Freeshop.

Install as a cia because the Ambassador emulator just werks, unless you're userland only in which case you're SOL.

You feel special?

I have a very shitty connection and i'd rather leave the cia downloading on pc while i play, instead of checking if the connection stopped.

Neato.
Anyone remember how to access the page on this site that shows what games are missing? It used to be a link on the front page, but it was moved for some reason.

I'm fully cracked. But I have no idea how to "install a cia".

FBI or other program of choice. Freeshop to install a small assortment of Nintendo's own Ambassador games, but if they're nonstandard like your own Zero Mission then you can find them readymade on 3DSiso/3DSChaos or build them yourself using programs like this one. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/

Once you've got an appropriate cia file then just install like any other game.

Cool, I found and used the ultimate vc injector. FBI will auto install onto the SD card, right?

Alright, I figured it out. It installed to SD card. This is very nice!

Beats the hell out of the userland emulator for sure, just about all of the HBL-launched emulators haven't been updated since initial inception. There's a similar SNES emulator injector if you're using a New 3DS, but I do recall there being an O3DS injector that uses an emulator dolled up to look like the VC one available if you aren't.

It isn't.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/

heres a direct link to a shit load of .cia files for them.
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?263172-3DS-Custom-Virtual-Console-(NES-GB-GBC-GBA-GEN-MD)-Games-(595-games-right-now)

But I don't play any of it.

You probably didn't have enough space. You need twice as much so it can extract.

Change CIAngel to install directly rather than download a CIA then install that.
Not a CIAngel user, but I think it's one of the bumpers to change modes.

What's NTR and how different is it from Luma?

NTR is CFW, just like Luma, but NTR isn't meant to be used instead of Luma, but rather as well as Luma.
NTR allows for things like input redirection (using 3ds as a controller or a controller on the 3ds), screen streaming to PC, cheats like gameshark codes, other goodies like HP bars for MonHun and can patch mod files in a game on the fly.

Thank you.

These are questions i was scared to ask b/c i thought id get called retarded

Thanks for being brave for me

kys retard

Why? Nintendo got the stylus placement right on their second try with the DS Lite. How do they keep fucking it up?

you can use funkey with the titlekeys, it's a lot more reliable than using random sites

Go to /vr/ and ask for vidya.

The 3DS has been moved to here
moved3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Don't know about the WiiU one

So any new games? I have so many games to play I feel I don't know what to play… Also I haven't touched my N3DS in a bit so should I update my a9lh? Or is it still the same one? Not sure… Hmm.

Do you need to do anything before updating to 11.4? I'm actually in 11.2 and just got Luma3ds+A9hl…

this meds making me mentally paranoid so I need atleast some reassurance

wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

I don't know buddy.. lol but read the thread.

There isn't really a reason to upgrade to 11.4.

But, if you want to anyway, just make sure that lumas3d is updated, and you should be good to go.

But seriously, there is no reason to update to 11.4.

Does anyone here have an updated 3DS games list? This is the only one I have

Those were the times

Speaking of homebrews, are there any homebrew games worth mentioning?

Well Ever Oasis just came out when I tried to get it right now. So maybe that list isn't too outdated…

I would like to add: is there a speed limit your N3DS can download? Mines as fast I ever seen was 1800KB/s but at the moment averages at 1400.

Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest Monsters 3 Professional, and Fire Emblem Echoes: The Other Hero King so far this year. Keep your eyes peeled for the remakes for Radiant Historia and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey coming out later this year too.

If you have the a9lh file from Luma 6.67 or higher you should be fine.

Thought it was missing a bunch, but it's just organized really weirdly. Only things I can think of not mentioned on it are the remakes for Fire Emblem Gaiden, Radiant Historia, and Strange Journey .

I found one

Go to settings, Internet settings, Connection settings, Pick whichever connection you're using, change settings, press the right arrow, DNS, No, Detailed setup,

Primary DNS: 208.067.222.222
Secondary DNS: 208.067.220.220

This will connect you to OpenDNS and boost your speeds, works for consoles too. Downloads went from 16~23 mbps to 40~48 mbps on PS4

Ah right, Daigyakuten 2 got announced, forgot about that this chart's arrangement is so fucking weird though

its 3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc right? its not downloading for me

yes it's the encTitleKeys.bin, the first orange one, I just downloaded it just to test and it downloaded for me

that shit pisses me off so hard
If I wanna sit the system on my bed as I'm laying down, it's gotta be on its back so I have to be over it
Can't look forward with head up at the system with earbuds in unless you're holding it up in the air the whole time, which is annoying

Agreed, gotta keep moving shit to more inconvenient spots

They really aren't going to update Homebrew Launcher Loader are they? Am I seriously the only person who would rather have the convenience of drag+drop .3dsx files over .cia?

Well fucking shit. Good thing I have a NAND backup of 11.3

going in and out of homebrew launcher is a convenience?

Halo MP remade in Quake.
Nothing else beyond PoC, really.

Oh, is there a remake of SMT SJ? I just started playing it on DeSmuMe.
I wonder if I should wait for the remaster or keep going.

I tried typing that URL in and it wouldn't accept it. I think the console doesn't recognise the .gq TLD.
Can't click the QR button as there's a tiny spot on my touchscreen that doesn't work, and it's right where that button it.

What's the process for updating from a version earlier than that? My 3DS has been in set-and-forget mode for a long time now. I only checked the thread to see if anything has happened recently.
It seems like it was good timing with the titlekey source changing.

Assuming you're running Luma as an A9LH entry point it should be as easy as running the Luma Updater or simply replacing the payload itself

Sweet, I just updated and all is fine.

I don't suppose anyone has a packed GBA cia for Riviera: the Promised Land? I'd love to play that again from the comfort of my 3DS. It's not in the 3DSISO list posted above. I'd make my own, but the tools are Windows only.

Just got announced a little while ago. No release date yet, just a generic "2017 Fall"

shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/

Hard to say for sure until it's out, but it sounds like it's mostly the same but with some new content.

I'm gonna ask this here cause there's no Wii U homebrew thread. Can someone post a link for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky or tell me a good site getting for Wii U game?

Use Wii U USB Helper.
Google for it.
When it opens up, the titlekey site is wiiu.titlekeys.gq

You can now download straight from the WiiU eShop.

Damn, I had know idea had a titlekeys already.
Thanks, user.

3dsiso down for anyone else?

I just hacked my 3DS, and this is probably super retarded, but how do I play GBA/DS games?

Your best option is to use a flashcart. I hear r4i Gold is good. People are working on running them off the SD card, but it runs like shit right now.

Can you safely go online with a hacked Wii U yet?

So what needs to be added to the OP for the next thread? I got the links to the new FreeShop fork, as well as the new titlekey site, anything else?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/

notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases

3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Does anyone have the download to the undub of Fire Emblem SoV? The link I got from 3dsiso just hangs on the 3ds logo screen