Tree of Savior Thread

Damage System Rebalance Soon* Edition
Tree of Savior is a f2p korean grindan game with cute aesthetics and a wide variety of classes.

>Most recent patch redesigned the in-game UI, added new chat features, item tradability status, and some skill changes (Monk stronk) treeofsavior.com/news/?n=946

Current players please input your details here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRTDc2evOPyTa4Xn5NZt-vO1g-PpFL9eBWGE4S0xwqw/edit#gid=2105017757
Check out Vhyz's spreadsheet calculator autism too

8ch guild Infinity is on the [NA] Klaipeda server, currently led by Imix.

Skill Simulator:
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner

Addon Manager:
github.com/JTosAddon
We've wtiched to the jToS Addon manager, it's compatible with iToS, is being actively maintained and new addons are being added by the nips. Ask for a list of what addons to get.

Stats and how they work:
github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics/blob/master/ToS Mechanics.pdf

General Database (Items, EXP tables, some builds):
tosbase.com/
tos/neet/tv

Important Beginner Tips
A good example is the repeatable A Soldier's Favor in Miners' Village for Klaipeda
Orsha has more exp cards, Klaipeda more stats and items

Special quests
docs.google.com/document/d/1POy4XkZVoBwi6i8RW4P3fuMUNWvsgboY88s9bbXx4nQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/bulb-hidden-quest-and-useful-information-might-have-spoil-bulb/65899
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/list-of-gimmick-rewards/256584

Map guide for collections hunting
toscamp.com/map_en/map3.8.php

Earth tower full guide for all the people grinding endgame
docs.google.com/document/d/1HWygKXsVXtJPNTKAvwD6_dvuAXPScAcycwD80jF-ycA/preview?pref=2&pli=1

Discord: discord.gg/EsZMJsV

OP Template pastebin: pastebin.com/5rXNLvgS

Other urls found in this thread:

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/builds/
treeofsavior.com/event/recruitingnewsaviors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RIP Earth Tower meta

bump

Is it still as pay2win as it was on launch?

Only P2W aspect is the 30-day token, which allows for extra trades, reduced market fees, and exp and movement speed boost, and some other stuff. Thing is, it's easy to get one on the player market without spending any real money.

99% of the shit in the shop is just overpriced cosmetics.

xd

How DED GAEM is it now?

Everyone has one, so it's basically standard gameplay.

Average is still slowly creeping down. Their "new player" event doesn't seem to have done anything.

I wanted to build a Necromancer on this game once but it gets boring very quickly once you realize there isn't variety in the least.
Didn't even warn the Holla Forums guild I was in, though at least I always declined most of the gifts I was offered, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Can I level solo as a healer without getting aids?

You can level solo as anything
Just hop from quest to quest until you`re hit level cap, they`re piss easy.
It`s recommended that you team up and do instance dungeons with a party when you reach their levels, they give you lots of EXP and money.

Any class that offers high power destruction magic?

Clerics are honestly the easiest class to play, because they can do everything. DPS, team support, etc. Pure support clerics are rare, simply because they have so many offensive options available.

The only aids option is sadhu. :^)

Wizard subclasses have a couple offense-focused classes. The classic AoE DPS wizard is a Wizard 3/Elementalist 3/Warlock 2, which was the first character I made. Lots of high-damage spells that have AoE effects.

Here`s how classes work on ToS?
There`s mage, healer, archer and swordsman.
Each can be upgraded twice or changed into a new one with varying tiers.
There`s about 8 tiers of classes, so whatever classes are on tiers 1 to 5 are kinda useless, your good stuff is either gonna be from a tier 6 class upgraded twice, a tier 7 class upgraded once, or a tier 8 class with no upgrades.(and if a they release a new tier later you`d have to leave to tier 6 class and get tier 9). The skills get better with upgrades, but your tier 4 skills while better than the starting skills will be basically useless on the higher tiers. Pray that a class you like doesn`t have a low tier.

its actually alot more alive than it was 5 months ago at least thats what it seems like

this game was on deaths door and somehow IMC resurrected it

The upcoming rebalance should be fixing the obsolescence of the earlier ranks, so that those skills remain useful even in endgame content.

that`s nice

Does the game still run like molasses with the extra stutter everytime a player loads on the map?

it definitely run better, I can reach up to 144 fps while solo in a map to 50 fps in towns

we /appraiser/ now

Another TOS thread? Do we really need two?
Maybe someone will answer here:
Can you respec all your shit yet?

there was moment you could a few months back but normally you can respec everything but your class, according you put down the TP for it.

Altho "soon" there is supposed to be a big change to combat mechanics and as such the dev is handing out another batch of full respec items. How many however I do not know.

That other thread is about MMOs, the OP just used a ToS image for some reason. This is the official ToS thread.

Like said, there's a big rebalance coming that's paired with a respec event, you can do 1 full respec a day during the event.

That's fucking bullshit, all MMOs give one consistent way or another to respec, paid or not.

its called rerolling

Yeah nah.

If this rebalance patch will allow for more interesting builds and a generally easier time grinding then I might log back in and try again. I went peltasta C3 - Rodolero C1 with offensive stats and had fun, might made some changes here and there for an easier time. A few concerns though
I thought it added a degree of fun and actually paying attention to avoid being CC'ed but if there's gonna be enough elite mobs then I don't mind this too much.
Sounds good on paper but the Shit ping in general makes this more frustrating to use and slows fights for me, especially when I attack with buffs applying an extra number on hit.

Did they ever implement server transfers?

I'm still stuck on Orsha, and will never come back unless they decide to do that much at least

tough shit m8, maybe next time you'll plan your build a little bit better. Especially now that most builds are somewhat viable as long as you dont downrank, downranking being counter intuitive to begin with and if you do it you've shot yourself in the foot.

Lol ok

Yea dex build with high ping is going to be suffering.

Not yet, maybe once they're done fucking around with the South American server.

At some point IMC will probably add in the rank reset voucher into the store or something, and charge an ungodly amount for it like they do for the stat reset potion.

Maybe I'll touch it again when that happens.

The stat reset potion costs $80-$90 USD iirc. It may as well not be in the store.

/v's infinity guild running the uphill quest

dead geimu

Dying. Not quite dead yet.

Just recently got back into it. When are the major stat/skill changes scheduled to go live?

Soon*.

Probably around the start of summer, they're doing all of the testing on the Korean server first, and they'll port it over to iToS whenever they get it all worked out.

That's convenient for me, at least. I need something to do while I couch surf over the Summer.

probs closest estimate we get to a confirmation date…. and its not even sourced. wew

NCSoft, Bluehole and now these guys.
Can we all just agree that Korean game publishers has even Israel beat when it comes to being the biggest jews

Is the head spaz glitch been fixed yet?

Nigga, where the fuck do you live, section 8?

this is why you plan your build carefully. If you want to dive in like a clueless retard and then complain about your shit build then thats your choice. And its getting increasingly difficult to make a retard build anyway so you really need to fuck up really hard to even have to spend a dime to fix this.

Unless you do something monumentally stupid like a full dex wizard or a sadhu, everything should have some degree of usability.

got a link to that website with all the viable builds on?

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/builds/

I think that was in the OP but in there you basically enter what you want to play and you'll get results. Dont be shy to read them up a bit but if you want to dive into the game with the littlest time wasted then consider this:

You cannot go wrong if you take 3 circles in any rank2 class. Look up those builds and get a feel of which skills are useful/useless then you're good to go.

Where do you think you are?

Fencer is a more DPS class right? what should i concentrate my stats on? Also what is the best recommended classes to get to it? I went through the skill planner and I was thinking

Well I just logged into my half leveled character and her stats are fucked and out of date according to the new version of the build I was doing so I guess i'll wait for this character reset shit

Fencer is the swordsman class with the highest spike damage at R8 atm, its pretty good but you'll need good gear and it relies heavily on critical attacks to deal damage, especially at C3. For stats I'd recommend a spread of 1 str, 1 con and 3 dex until you hit about 50 str 50 con then you pump dex forever.

The build you suggested is pretty solid for a more support-ish fencer, being corsair instead of barbarian 3. Corsair will help you greatly when you'll grind for silver but barbarian 3 get significant upgrades over barbarian 2, especially when it comes to the Wild Nature attribute.
However you should consider changing Highlander 1 for Peltasta 1 for two reasons: Swash buckling and Guardian. The first is the only taunt in the game thats worth using and it synergise well with both Corsair and Fencer, corsair because it attracts enemies inside your flag range and fencer because most fencer skills have small range and being able to cluster mobs to you is an invaluable asset. Highlander 1 is good damage but Fencer is a real pain in the dick without at least 1 rank in Pelt.

Neat, thanks for the tips. I'm downloading the game right now and I've been reading up on it. I played Ragnarok with Holla Forums last summer and am hoping to have the same amount of fun I did then.

So the Barabarian C3 and Corsair classes are pretty much up to me huh? It sounds like that although I get more shekels with the corsair class that the barbarian at c3 will actually be a tad better due to the potential of more damage output and therefore can clear out mobs quicker.

Barb3 is maybe twice as powerfull as barb2, and its damage keeps up even deep in R8 even with the minimal investment. Thats the build I went for my main character and if I'm to be honest I'll tell you this:

Fencer is a tryhard class thats high in cost and high in maintenance for a marginal increase in burst damage compared to its equivalents (doppel3/dragoon2). You'll get your best weapon avaliable at lvl 170 then carry it to hell and back up to 330 and with some luck you'll upgrade it to a reasonable level to keep up with competing classes because most rapiers are shit outside of 4 specific ones, half of them are realistically unobtainable. Also the dex requirement for damage means you cannot effectively split your stat points in Con and dex without your crit rate completely falling off, making you either harmless or fragile, and the gear that buffs your crit rate is rare and very expensive. Since you cannot carry a shield without losing 15% damage on all your skills means you're going to be destroyed by anything magic unless you stacks lvl 7 blue gems in your boots and have +10 bracelets and necklace. Finally the sheer sp cost for your endless skill rotations is so high you're going to chug down 1.3k$ pots like crazy and that adds ontop of your already demanding equipment requirement.

However if you're willing to manage that crazyness you become one of the best boss/large mob killer ingame. Physical bosses can not even land a hit on you while you shit out critical dps that ignore their armor and starting at Fencer 2 you virtually have no downtime. Your Fencer skills buff your barb skills and your barb skills buff your fencer skills, especially Cleave that buffs your crit rate by a flat fucking 100 points if you stacked wild nature at 5. You're going to shit on any mobs that doesnt use magic missiles as if they were mere insects and your combos will make sure that larger mobs will never have a fighting chance to even hit you, something most classes cannot deal with effectively, especially around lvl 220 and upward. You're basically the best small aoe melee PvE dps given you make the proper sacrifices.

And you get to wear the best outfit ingame.

So yeah if you're interested just be aware of what you will be getting and go wild!

Fug it, I'm willing to risk it. See you in game.

What's your team name, I'll get you in the guild if you're not already in.

Also if you have an account, hop in the discord, it'll help for explaining how shit works.

Maybe I'll go back to this when it stops being more linear than even renewal ro

Alright so I left for awhile and I came back to find that something went wrong with the download and I had uninstall and reinstall and now am having problems where a window only appears with the TOS logo and nothing happens

did you verify the files on steam?

its fine now im in discord and i asked. we good relatives

Seems like ktest is getting delinquent outfits. Soon ToS will be "action school shonen on a field trip"

Has there been a date set for the rebalance yet is it still Soon™?

still "soon" but its estimated for early summer

all newbies remember to talk to this midget NPC

Can I mail my alts gear and shit?

For anyone who is thinking of playing
This NPC will give rewards at certain levels up to level 50 for new accounts with new characters made from now until 2nd May. Details here: treeofsavior.com/event/recruitingnewsaviors/

If you mean from one character to the other on the same account; yes, but you need to have a token activated

Reminder that afk farmers, particularly those from Lotus, are to be killed on sight by an oracle or Grim Reaper.

Have they fixed the main AI problem where it has downs and stops for like 4 seconds between every action? Or is this a problem that goes away after 200 levels when enemies start doing more shit? Because as I recall when I last played I got to level 145 or something and all the enemies were still retarded and all behaved the same.

There is a delay in the AI-s attacks and power usage, but that's mainly so that people don't get perma-stunlocked. In the R8 zones some of the mobs seem to attack much faster, to the point where 2-3 of them can permanently stun/interrupt you until death.