What are some good F2P games that aren't P2W?

What are some good F2P games that aren't P2W?

pic probably not related but I enjoyed it for some time

Why'd you have to remind me?

I had fun with Planetside2. It is a bit grindy though, if you donĀ“t pay for anything.

Well, everything but "good" is true when it comes to Tree of Savior. There's still a small hope with the upcoming stat/damage rebalance, destroying established meta builds and making everything much more viable will go a long way towards saving the game. That said, the playerbase is dangerously low.

That's an understatement. Peaks at ~4k players total (divided by 6 servers) and pretty much most of the maps you're the only one there with 5~10 chinese bots, without fail. I would not be surprised if at least 1k of that population number is bots.

Life, technically.
I mean it IS mostly P2W but you can get by if you know the tricks.

Path Of Exile is f2p but you will eventually need to pay for stash tabs. It kinda makes it p2p but far from p2w.
PlanetSide 2 is pretty much extremely balanced and it is free. It is the best option.
There is also a lot of semi dead games like TF2 or Starcraft 1&2, yes 2 you can play everything besides campaigns for free.

Have you played it?

thats the WHOLE FUCKING POINT

No it isn't you fucking sperg.

In order to play a game and download it, you usually have to pay money to physically own it or put it into your DRM account (such as Steam). A free-to-play game may be listed on such platforms, but has no associated cost.

A game can have additional microtransactions which may or may not be an advantage. This is completely separate from how you acquired the game. Additionally, you don't "win" the game by paying more. It merely provides an advantage.

It's not P2W, it's dependant on either grinding or getting blessed by RNG, which requires you to pay to have a really small chance of winning, which in turn means you still have to grind. Actually, it may vary by region, most EU and NA regions have monthly rewards for logging on. I haven't looked further to various Mideast, Asia, Oceania and SA regions. And then there are the poor fuckers who think they can get around in the dedicated griefing regions. Place is full of PKers and scammers.

none. Nothing in life is free.

Just because they renamed Cronyism doesn't mean they nerfed it.

The way currency works in this game is too unstable.

Oh the things that could have been.

Can you respec your shit yet?

Companies need money to exist; if an MMO doesn't bring in money from subscriptions, it's done by cash shop, and you get more money out of people paying for an advantage than purely from clothes horses.

Now, it's nice to try to say you can do as well as anyone else with enough time and zero dollars, but in the end they're getting better faster while you're languishing and weak. I've played several free MMOs, and they range from 'you level a little faster' to 'Insert money, get overpowered', so not every MMO is the same level of bullshit, but if it's free to play, i almost fucking guarantee you it's pay to win.

IT'S MERELY A MINOR ADVANTAGE GOY

2 players are playing in a pvp arena and both are equally skilled one payed for a advantage the other didn't. who would win

this wont fix the game

Define "skill"

Luck and mitigating bad outcomes is a skill. This is why I laugh heartly at people who suck at FTL

answer the question goyim if one person buys a advantage it gives what over the none paying person cmon its not hard

Here you go

Concerning ToS, the advantages premium gives are more of getting rid of hassles that don't have an IMMEDIATE impact on pvp, but rather stuff like being capable of selling one than more item at a time on the marketplace, or retrading items with players if you are premium, faster stamina recovery, which means that you can move at normal speed longer, but in combat stamina doesn't matter. On the other hand it does give a small exp boost, lets you buy and sell more items without the 30% penalty fee for using the marketplace free players get. You also get access to premium cosmetic stuff as well.

I do agree that doing this shit is just handling freemium wrong and I've seen many other games handle it better.

In the scale of P2W, it's fucking nothing. You can't pay for better gear or stats.

Daily reminder that pay to not grind is still pay to win.

Tell us something new, asshole.

Of course it is.
Absurd amount of drones protecting blatant P2W on this very board is astonishing.

no p2w win and its free

Well you see you can pay for higher resolution graphics pack, meaning you get better visual feedback that will give you clear advantage over the opponent forced to discern what the fuck is going on between those blurry pixels.

thinking the god awful graphics pack is a advantage

also the higher resolution is free

I honestly have no idea how does HD mode look, I only saw a bunch of screens in another thread.
But I'm pretty sure it's not free.

paying for the remaster only gives you graphics pack shitty cartoon strips instead of the old intros to levels and audio for singleplayer

I mean the in-game graphics.

the new hd models are butt ugly compared to the classic i guess your right if you like the hd all it needs is widescreen and il be happy

what would you define as winning then?

fistful of frags

Kingdom of Loathing.

what are you talking about, cash shop pets and items are far in away the best in the game

If you're an autist then World of Guns might interest you, the only thing you pay for is more models. There are fire ranges that test your reflexes and precision but the main meat is just memorizing every small part and detail on guns and timing in some game modes.

This too, I'm actually surprised the developer hasn't moved on to other games.