forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17179
minetest-mods.github.io/mods.html
minetest.net/customize/
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=5790
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=638
wiki.minetest.net/List_of_Mods
wiki.minetest.net/Mods
github.com/minetest-mods
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10361&sid=933696c0cdeef4535bc6617063cc7b4d
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10360&sid=933696c0cdeef4535bc6617063cc7b4d
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2538
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=509
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=549
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2155
mesecons.net/
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5263
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?pid=103857
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13762
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3933
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=12534
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7821
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=9650
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=14638
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=549
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=4394
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=3898
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2290
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=5682
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2041
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=5245
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2807
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=628
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2155
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2538
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=7239
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=572
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12999
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9807&sid=6957a2e95ba5875d608e8b646533adfb
github.com/bell07/minetest-skinsdb/tree/mod_with_skins

wiki.
github
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16597
github.com/bell07/minetest-skinsdb
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15912
wiki.minetest.net/End_of_the_world
minecraft.gamepedia.com/Altitude
minecraft.gamepedia.com/World_boundary
github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5059
a.safe.moe/tIWqK.zip
pastebin.com/8DHMDQjf
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=14937
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice ID. ddbbbd.

it's only fun admittedly if you play with other people who are smart enough to make a good community and build and explore together.

I downloaded the game.
What mods do I get to have fun?

the last admin had a good mod list.

heres some suggestions I saved:

it would be nice if we could set our protected zones in an easier way. for example setting up a base where all blocks in every direction get protected, and you can set a few so you can build and have some good farmland and build a good base that's liquid and damage and theft protected. maybe even force fielded to others unless permission is given? I would also like to be able to use a creative mode so that I can custom build my own personal base in any way that I choose (limited to certain blocks so that at the very least nobody is hardcore cheating by giving themselves infinite of the best resources)

everyone basically has their own personal version of anarchy (currently impossible to do in "muh reel lyfe" by owning their own mini city state. each player basically makes their own home base/ meme country so that everyone is happy.

then we could all go leave our bases, and go do things together.

with the personal protection areas (to protect home countries) we would be fine as long as it was done right.

otherwise, you could do server backups (and save more than one backup) so that we can screenshot and report baddies so you can ban then when we tell you about them later.

even if the baddies find a way to destroy everything, we can learn from how they did it, screencap them and then show you later. then you can revert the server to a previous undamaged state.

pssh it's not personnel griefers!

quartz
more ores
more trees
ethereal
nether
maybe a mod that lets you mine the bottom of a tree until the whole tree drops (including saplings)
immersive sounds abience
vanessa plantlife modpack
snow biomes
colored clay

steins;gate mod
earthquakes mod
natural disasters mod
tsunami mod
farming mods
cooking mod

I'm surprised there wasn't a cave collapse mechanic built in. or water flooding. not much unlike the finite water mod from minecraft. but instead of that laggy mess we could just do water equalization.

or

or

I mean if we could build our own protected areas, then we could build temporary unprotected Holla Forums community structures that we just "know" are going to get destroyed eventually. maybe we build that under water city and have a battle in it with mini tnt launchers.

tsunami mod? natural disasters mod? lewd mods? matrix mod? hospital mods? specific body part injury mod? lightsaber mods?

Minetest is Minecraft for men

basically, we need to find the admin. they even visited a previous minetest thread and we were talking about getting the server started back up with the ideas mentioned but the mods deleted the thread 4no raisins and banned me and then unbanned me again

never heard from the server admin again.

minecraft was very special just before it went mainstream. then it got completely cucked and sold to microsoft and cucked some more.

minetest is just glorious.

why do minetest threads always get slid faster than fat people running away from vegans?

I would actually like this thread to go somewhere good for once.

Alright, I'm downloading it now. What the difference between this and a modded minecraft?

That this one is free and has less mods.

minetest is foss and has less mods, but much better mods and better community. also not cucked.

almost forgot, minetest also runs better on older computers than minecraft. minetest has a better chance to run smooth for people who can't afford AAA gaming rigs

there's alot of minecraft kiddies on Holla Forums that apparently hate minetest for being better. they report and sage minetest threads and slide the fuck out of them. if you observe you'll notice eventually.

why do you minecraft kiddies hate minetest so much? because it's good AND free?

bump

Okay what the fuck are you going to do if there's no server?

admin will surely find the thread again.

OP you need to tone down that persecution complex, and if you want a server then make one yourself.

Downloaded again. What do now?

You wait because OP doesn't know how to run a server and doesn't understand the cardinal rule of getting a game going on Holla Forums: have a server running and the address in the first post.

(you)

(you)

last Holla Forums minetest server admin actually saw the last thread. I'm sure they will see this one again eventually.

If the average Minetest player is a faggot half as obnoxious as OP, don't count me in, holy shit.

They are, trust me.

Hey it's a good game and I've played on good servers, OP is just a faggot as always

I'm a bad person for making a good thread and reminding people that minetest exists while we wait for the server admin who browses Holla Forums to come back and make a new server so we can have fun.

i really hate faggots who shill a game and DON'T POST ANY FUCKING SCREENSHOTS

this has no mods whatsoever, don't waste your itme

it looks like blocks user. the trees are made out of blocks. the cows are blocks too.

an outright fucking lie.

Draw your own conclusions.

NO! NOT THE COWS!

Reddit???

wait, you don't like doges? what kind of person are you? and you don't understand the concept of posting (you) as I poke fun of your blatant desperate grabs for attention and replies to your poorly written bait? you're that desperate for attention that you must insult someone for not being as Holla Forums savy as others to make up for your self esteem issues, while at the same time accusing me of being paranoid or angry just because I know how to bantz your shit away faster than you can slam the space jam?
I dare say that I waited far longer than you ever will to draw conclusions about things that I don't fully understand. have fun pretending you understand what's going on. enjoy fooling yourself into believing that perfection isn't a dead end.

Bringing one up isn't that hard, you know.

I guess that explains it

This is why Minecraft went to shit.

you obviously didn't read the whole post, and you definitely didn't fight in the last Holla Forums minetest server war.

I hope Holla Forums minetest server admin comes back.

Here are some screenshots from my comfy world in which I was just playing, since OP is a huge reddit faggot that probably came here through /r/the_donald or /r/anarchism.

good news, everyone
this will be in Minetest 0.4.16 along with other changes, which is probably coming out on June 4th this year.

source: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17179

in the beginning when there was no Holla Forums server a group of players went to a survival server that had lax rules and some good mods. 1st pic related.

generally better mapgen mods/map generation
higher/deeper worlds
open source
Lua modding API
Minetest is written in C++ (the base subgame, which is a collection of mods, is written in Lua), not Java.

here you go, first ones a bit old, from the last stable release. rest are some shitty ones i just made in a new world, i spawned in that arctic biome over yonder.

some popular minetest mods that people use are: mesecons, pipeworks, technic, ethereal
theres more but i'm lazy, you also want a mob mod probably
you'll want a texture pack since the default one is quite fugly

Found some older screencaps from a family server I used to play on.
The radar is vanilla btw.

thank you user, much appreciated.

finding a server like you describe is very difficult. it's tough to find one that isn't rule cucked, isn't laggy, and has good mods.

if I knew of one, I would be telling Holla Forums to come to that one.

can you help us out with that please?

again, thank you.

most servers on minetest tend to look like that second image. steets and cities, but nobody to talk to.

do you have different server lists or something?

I'm willing to host a server. I don't have any mods and I've never been an admin before. So unless the old admin comes back I'll just give it a shot and learn as I go.

this would be alot of fun. please and thank you!

Nah, it was all the same server, I just went out of the city to have fun. But, other servers with that city scheme usually has autistic players that came over from autismcraft who just want to be by themselves in multiplayer.
Truly a sad state of affairs. If I could find the server again, and if it was still up, I'd be so happy.

actually, no. i'm not gonna be a one-and-done shitposter. forgive me.

whatsmyip.com or something similar, and make sure your ports are forwarded. but there's a good chance any number of anons hopping on a locally hosted server is going to be ass and balls quality. but your intentions were good.

rlly?

that is actually my IP, I don't own a VPN. I already port forwarded. I dunno what you want from me.

192.168.x.x is a local network address. no one can use that to connect to you. if you look at whatsmyip or some similar website, it should tell you your WAN IP from an outside perspective, so you know what address to give people

that's almost everyone's IP as seen from their own computer. that's nobody's real IP as viewed from the internet.

Okay I'm FUCKING STUPID

IP is actually

portno the same. Idk what I was expecting. forgot external/internal IP. somehow someone already connected

good luck and godspeed, user. hope all your other ports are shut tight

if someone joins and posts screenshots I may join the minetest server after setting up 2 vpns out of paranoia.

I think i'll just play by myself thanks

when you host a minetest server you usually name it, don't know if your IP actually goes public as the server name.

you obviously never met xenos

I think I need to give the full IP unless I use a DNS and fuck that I'm not paying for that shit

I'm gonna restart the server with a different world because the one I used is weird

ay does anyone remember a mod for minecraft 1.2.5 called the zeppelin mod? It let you build a custom airship and fly it around. I remember it was particularly cool because you could set the ship to fly in a certain direction and still walk around on it while it was flying. Does anyone know if there's something like it for minetest?

I never saw a server that was just named as a normal IP address. all the the servers I ever saw listed on the minetest server list are always named, not literal IP address listings. maybe when someone actually hosts a server for the public, minetest asks for a server name?

if theres a Holla Forums server it's probably good idea to have a password so randoms can't get in and destroy everything.

I think that there is, I could have sworn I even saw i once. I have no idea where that mod is located if it exists though.

last I checked someone was working on a similar mod, not sure how far they got since

to the user hosting the server, the previous admin added mods that made onions grow everywhere. there were alot of plants and more ores and many of the things listed here.

would you kindly add all of those? would be really cool.

you need the address. all the servers you saw that don't have literal IPs are people that use DNS servers to get a domain name. I don't have one of those so here I am.

On another note, which mods from this list sound good (also open to other mods not on that list if possible)
minetest-mods.github.io/mods.html

please list them and I'll try to get as many as I can

Yeah, just like minecraft.

please add this

(and as many things as you can from this list please)

would you kindly add all of those? would be really cool.

and this
many different player skins
Add various drinks to minetest
Cake mod for Minetest
A fork of Dan's fork old my old castle mod. :P
Character Creator Mod for Minetest (Voxelands inspiration!)
Decorative computers for Minetest
A simple and fast Crafting Guide that doesn't suck
Various farm vegetables for Minetest.
Minetest Mod: adds a mechanic to encourage food variety.
provides several firearms to be used on PvP servers, along with some related items to create an FPS-like game.
This mod adds a whole bunch of new items to minetest suitable for decorating inside and outside a home. Tables, window shutters, brass and wrought iron, etc.
A mod that adds thunder and lightning effects.
Loot framework for Minetest
moreores
Extensive mod to add a whole bunch of tree types to Minetest
Turn leaves,sticks and plants into mulch in Minetest
Plantlife mod for Minetest, combines Flowers + Junglegrass + Poison Ivy
A mod that adds quartz to minetest.
Adds hunger (stamina) to minetest.
Makes TNT blasts effect diffrent types of blocks diffrently.
Extended Ban Mod for Minetest

don't accidentally overlook this part bro

here's some more mods
minetest.net/customize/

nuke and nether for example (and many more listed in there)

and more
wiki.minetest.net/List_of_Mods
wiki.minetest.net/Mods
github.com/minetest-mods

how to
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10361&sid=933696c0cdeef4535bc6617063cc7b4d
another how to
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10360&sid=933696c0cdeef4535bc6617063cc7b4d

mentioned these because some of the mods I mentioned in

are listed there.

oh mein gosh it's actually happening. it's the return of the Holla Forums minetest server. we're actually going to have autism again (double if you already have is such as ourselves) and build so many fun things together.

Holla Forums is going to make minetest great again

would be fun if we could build up our homes and then go off to some far off island and do nuke testing together.

Downloaded and forgot my app local is in weeb for Visual novles I never remember to play, so everything on start up is in moon

It's okay, take your time. no pressure. make some green tea and take it slow, you're doing us all a big favor bro. (unless you aren't server bro, then I'm mistaken)
I know, but people use more devices.

Nope, just another user who saw the thread and wanted to see whats up but too cheep to buy minecraft itself.

Server host here

I installed a lot of mods but I think I fucked up because I'm getting dependency errors even though I have those mods. Hang on

Time to get /comfy/.

Technic
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2538

More Blocks
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=509

More Ores
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=549

Pipeworks
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2155

Mesecons
mesecons.net/

Digilines
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5263

Digiterms
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?pid=103857

Signs Library
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13762

Unified Inventory
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3933

X-Decor
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=12534

Bitchange
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7821

Sprint
>Adds sprinting.
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=9650

it's more fun than you think. last server had it. wasn't so bad because there was a mod that made onions grow everywhere. all you had to do was harvest some and you could eat all day

I'll join in if someone starts a server.
>tfw no polandcraft

don't worry no pressure bro you're doing us a huge favor. just take it easy we will wait hours.

Yeah, I just have bad view on it because I associate with minecraft and how shitty that update was.

I got an idea.
We found different nationstates/factions/groups whatever and we choose our own staple foods. It'd be pretty neat to have a town with an economy based on watermelon, and another trading grapes.
idk, just autism.

soon

extremely fun

player bones?

Calm down. This shit is only going to scare people off and prematurely push the thread past the bump limit.

etheral
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=14638

more ores
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=549

more trees
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=4394

nether

plant life
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=3898

snow biomes
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2290

nuke

quartz
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=5682

home decor
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2041

weather
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=5245

immersive sounds
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2807

mesecons
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=628

pipeworks
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2155

technic
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=2538

Advanced area protection
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=7239

world edit
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=572

I'm extremely EXTREMELY calm

Maybe only the neurotypicals, which I'm fine with not diluting our building blocks world.

If that scares them off, then they shouldn't be here in the first place

Server is back up

port: 30000
I installed a lot of mods but some seem to be broken or incompatible

Broken, give me Lua errors

The new inventory works well but isn't compatible with the skins mod, so you have to use /m in the chat to access a mod menu to change your skin. Best I can do for now

Mods I did install

I forgot the castle mod is also broken for me for some reason. I will try to look into these broken mods and maybe add more mods later

it feels good having autism and not being neurotypical. we are the master race.

wow thanks ser/v/er bro. this is gonna b gud

make sure to set a password soon though, usually reccomended when doing a Holla Forums server because we do get raided

actually, my bad. I think you choose to leave the server unlisted so it's not public, rather everyone sets their own individual passwords

mushroom biome with large ravine close to spawn

new mods

you need to do /m in order to set your armor. I know its unintuitive I'm sorry

Nice dubs. Finally, my dreams of an Imperium Romana with an army of Legionaries will be realized today.

I remember minecraft being somewhat FOSS in the sense that you could unpack the binary and be able to edit all the .java files.

you need the biome library for moretrees and plant life to work
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12999

there are skins made for unifed inventory
there are a lot so it will take a while to download them all, you use some script to download them. there are something like over a thousand skins in the database.
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9807&sid=6957a2e95ba5875d608e8b646533adfb

theres an improved fork of the mod too, last reply in the thread described it: github.com/bell07/minetest-skinsdb/tree/mod_with_skins

there will always be a niggy bear or that fags name that starts with the x i don't remember that ruin this game

Wow, OP I'm sorry. I thought you were pretending to have brain damage, not that you were truly mentally crippled. You have my pity, as do all the people on any minetest server you join.

Coolest world gen I've seen in a long while.

ignore the op just join the serb and play so we can get the thread bump locked by posting about all the fun we're having and start a new.

what are these insults? my autism is better than your neurotypicality! >:(

Op you would be less of a faggot if you just stop posting and contribute to the geam instead of defending yourself on a Korean knitting forum.

I'm sorry but I'm really not interested in joining a game which OP is in. I hope the rest of you manage to have fun though

Filthy neurotypical with it's inferior neurotypical logic.

You can chant the /r9k/ and tumblr mantra as much as you'd like but it neither makes any sense in the context nor contributes to the thread or server.

Chill matey, we're just having fun :^)

maybe I (the OP) wouldn't have to be more autism if you didn't insult me in the first place, but now I have to be even more annoying.

trains trains trains wew lad wew lad you triggered much? anyways lets enjoy the game. server admin is doing such a great thing for us.

I actually love trains, your autism rhetoric falls flat

also this is a no griefing server. we are just building stuff. don't just log in and destroy stuff faggot.

Do you know where you are? If you love your land, defend it, you pussy faggot.

Thats what i'm doing you faggot. but it's not fair when some faggot logs in with hacks and is flying around.

What version are you people running? I ask because the lastest on gentoo's default repository is 0.4.14

I have the biome library installed, which is how I got most of plant life to work, still not sure why moretrees doesn't work.

it's 0.4.15

Well i just looked shit up and it was released in late 2016. I'm guessing 0.4.15 is pretty much never ever. This is one of the things wrong with gentoo, they're fucking retarded with games and they're always outdated because they always say "we're not sure it's stable lol"

how did you manage? i've been speed running around all day with out falling.

yeah obviously something wrong with home decor, it's been disable for now

I enabled a mod called "protector" which lets you build protection blocks which protect in a 5 block radius, use that to ward off griefers

1100 new skins added

what a coincidence

Yep, sounds like a Minecraft player.

why does there seem to be such aggression to those who want to build in peace with Holla Forums on minetest?

do you hate FOSS games?

The server crashed because I wanted to see if the chair glitch was still a thing, but instead the chair was sideways and crashed the server.

To reiterate:

This is the form of protection on the server

first image shows a protection node and the recipe to make it, relatively cheap. You place it and by default you are the owner, it will protect all nodes in a 5 block radius around it (you might need a lot more depending on how large your home is). The second image is a protection tool, you can add people to each node if you want to share a house with someone or whatever.

hmmm.
couldn't have been something xenopermutation did?

OP exercises his enormous persecution complex again

the server crashed because there's something wrong with the home decor mod I had. I'll look into fixing it, sorry.

But no more worries about griefers because we have protection methods if you want em so that shouldn't be an issue

I had to restart minetest over and over again for it go to back to normal
It's hard living with 2GB of RAM.

Hothead microsoft shill tries to disrupt peaceful Holla Forums server again.
Shoo shoo jew.

who put the chair down the wrong way again?

I'd host but I just broke the computer i'd use for hosting's heatsink by forcing the embedded fan out so I could use it on my main computer.

Everything's all Milk's fault.

Minecraft should have been a barebones mod framework?

But I love minetest and detest microsoft

Nobody's shilling, it's just funny as shit to watch you autists squirm and cry because somebody broke your lego house.

I'll take your word for it, then.

does it have autistic automation shit?
can i make my base a bunch of pipes and spend all day watching stuff moving through them?

technic is enabled so I think so. note that I had to disable the chest portion of technic since that crashed in combination with the protection mod. so I dunno if it'll all work currently

Someone sat in a chair and crashed the server again.
The culprit? Probably milk, it's all his fault.

milk is the best Holla Forums server minetest admin we have ever had. MAKE MINETEST GREAT AGAIN

Did server crash?

stopped responding and is giving me an error when I try to connect

i think the software froze or something, weird I didn't even get an error.

sorry this is so unstable and stuff. I'm trying

I have found out that steel doors are by default "locked" in that only the person who places them can open them. combine with the above mentioned protection blocks and you guys should be gucci

Another crash

Requesting furniture mods, with stuff like pathways and shiiiiet

Is anyone on the server still awake?
They stopped posting two hours ago.

Laggy and broken with less content?

Whoever is hosting seriously needs to check a few mods.

Get more farming stuff, furniture, and the one that actually places the text over the actual signs.

I hope the server's still up by tomorrow. We have a good thing going.

b-b-but open source
Yeah, frankly it's the only reason for the praise. I've played plenty of it, checked out many mods and I still miss the solidness of old ass Minecraft I haven't played for 5 years. How I'd like to try a hardass MC modpack like Terrafirmacraft. Too bad I'll have to support Microsoft until piracy is invented.

I'm on a server… And noone's about…

I'm just hiding in a dirt hole, impressed by the immersive sounds…

FUCK I THINK I JUST CRASHED THE SERVER!

server owner is currently asleep so it wont be coming back for a few hours

Accipiter here. I don't even know what I did, try to place torch near a molehole and the next thing I know it crashes.

Welcome to minetest. We had at least three crashes earlier related to someone sitting in a chair, it was only a matter of time

you guys will say anything to shit all over minetest. trolls or whatever you may be, or just butthurt diehard minecraft fans I say this.

I love minetest. I played minecraft for a few years and it felt like I was playing a slowly patched EA game. every update made it worse and worse. eventually I decided that I was sick of it and I never went back. minetest feels better in every way. it does have it's issues but I love the mods and the community a thousand million better than I did that of the minecraft communities. honestly some of the better people from minecraft need to wake up and start coding for minetest. we are already better than minecraft, just smaller.

I don't every let the nay sayers and the poo pooers confuse me or make me feel down about minetest. if anything their sarcastic comments and constant bitching about minetest in some special way makes a huge statement for me.

when a game is bad, people shit all over it. when a game is very good, people have diarrhea hurricanes from the uttur butthurt of something so good daring to exist in a world of cancerous feces.

I salute you all unto the edge of eternity and may God bless minetest

it would be cool if people could glitch real life like this.

forgot to say this:
seems like a good trade off since mole holes seem to do literally nothing and chairs aren't really that important if you know how to make one out of blocks and signs, or create a stationary minecart to sit inside of.

This can't be anything but legitimate autism or some very elaborate bait. The fact that you're throwing a "hurricane of diarrhea" in the same post that you accuse others of doing exactly that makes it hard to tell.

There's just no way anyone who has actually tried both games in their modded forms to unironically say that Minetest or it's mods are better, there's no way.

Maybe there's some difference that you can only experience on a toaster PC, but otherwise you can't be anything but totally blind and/or ignorant for thinking that way.

There's minor advantages that Minetest has, such as being FOSS and using cubic chunks(?) and natively supporting mods, but everything else from performance to content to polish to mod quality and quantity is absolute garbage in comparison to Minecraft.

It took me 30 seconds to find the website, download the client and join the server at 0 cost to me. Thats a pretty major advantage

Wrong.

That's included in FOSS. It can be a pretty big advantage depending on who you ask (me included), but the practical advantage isn't actually that big once you get the game running.

I bought Minecraft back when it was in "infdev" or something so I've never had problems on that front. It's basically the same as minetest except I need to type my account at some point.

It's called mod packs, you don't have to play vanilla minecrap, much like you're not playing vanilla minetest

Nope. Nope nope nope.
Suddenly it makes perfect sense why this game has no mods, and why it will never ever have mods.

Lua is amazing when you want quick, efficient scripting for small things like maybe GUI customization or small server scripts for handling text input/output.
But for anything more advanced than that, such as feature-complete mods that adds machines, custom liquids, energy, magic systems, and such things, you're royally fucked.

The devs pretty much sentenced this game to a slow death by choosing Lua as their API lang. Even Javascript would have been a better choice.

m8 what the fuck are you even talking about? I mentioned it once, literally about the very people who are doing it.

I'm not sorry that I dislike some corporate microsoft bullshit that has been cucked into a mainstream normalfag fairytale land with overpriced physical DLC meme toys in real life because the game is so shit that you need to quite and go buy a miniature plastic mushroom cow and styrofoam diamond sword in toysRus so you can PRETEND to have autism with your equally stupid friends who love throwing their money away

why do you feel the need to lie? truth doesn't support your side of the argument? I play minetest on the same old computer that I played minecraft on. minecraft lagged to hell and crashed constantly even without any added mods. the game felt shoehorned in and claustrophobic even when standing in the middle of an open field. the community is made up of youtuber minecraft video reposter AAA mainstream CODHALO mountaindew dorritos dr pepper DLC DLC community who were the most annoying people you could have ever met in any video game.

minetest is just starting and look at how much it has accomplished. the small community that we have has managed to push out some really great mods in a game that everyone can enjoy for FREE.

I rather watch minetest grow into something even more beautiful than what it already is and do it FOR FREE, playing a non cucked game made by the community, for the community, rather than paying some corporate cancer.

fuck corporations, we freedom now.

(checked)

Only on Holla Forums

I think I can rule out autism and narrow the choices down to bait and brainwashed drone.

There's one thing I'll agree with you on though, we both want Minetest to be better.

My bad

kek

Nice dubs, friend… But there's plenty of other shit to talk about than Blocktism…

I just want to fuck around with fellow Holla Forumsirgins, not have tards sperg about their favourite type of blocktism…

t. someone who has never used lua for a larger project

That's totally part of the gameplay, right? When you boot up the game, you imagine "oh no imagine all the autistic little letsplayer kids who play this" and it's automatically bad. You're playing a straight up clone of it so don't pretend this kind of game is suddenly shit because of extrinsic bullshit. The point here is that Minetest has pretty lackluster modding and lacks several features compared to Mineshaft.

you care enough to post about it

t. someone who has never used lua

that's really what you think about what's going through the minds of those who choose minetest over minecraft?

if you love minecraft so much, why don't you go play that, instead of trolling around in a minetest thread?

I mean seriously, who the fuck goes into a minetest thread to shill minecraft? if it's so much better, why are you here?

t. someone who has never used lua

Milk here, so that's what people have been doing

that's what crashed the server, something to do with torches.

what mod adds the moleholes?

anyway I'll bring it back up

fuck off, minetest is decent but this thread is relevant for a comparison

Ok buddy, enjoy giving all your money away to a corporation for a cucked nightmare of a game while we play a free game that just keeps getting better.

Wait a second
And I think I recognize this autism, you've sperged out in incredible amounts of posts while being objectively wrong multiple times, haven't you?

I never bought minecraft, nice try

OP started by shitting on minecraft and calling minetest better. And then other people continue with the same trend. You're the ones obsessed with Minecraft since you can't even enjoy your own game without revealing your ass to another game in the process.

Actually I just realized that you ARE the OP. In a way that makes it even funnier.

so why do you claim to be an expert on a thing you never purchased, and try to push it on people who don't want it while claiming that it's better than their first choice (minetest)?

The autism is out in full force today

Nah. Wrote WoW addons for years, and also dabbled in scripting for a variety of private server engines.
Lua is great if you want to write for example an addon to track gold usage across your account, or write a simple quest or GM command.

Not so great when you want to write a complex crafting/auction addon (Go look at TSM source right now and tell me that's not a hacked together clusterfuck) or want to write a lengthy multi-stage quest or server module for implementing a customer death system.

Hell, just go look at the source for Industrialcraft, Thermal Expansion, Mekanism or other similar large MC mods.
If you were to try and implement them in Lua the LOC would grow 10x or more, and a lot of them are even not implementable in Lua at all due to language restrictions.

I could have understood if they separated the modding into two separate categories; UI and Game. Lua would have been perfect for most GUI applications.
But using it it for everything related to modding, even the complicated shit, is suicide as far as 3rd party modification goes.

Okay another crash.

Honestly I don't know what the issue is. This time it was the firearms mod that crashed. It can't be that all these mods are broken. Perhaps they weren't designed for this version of minetest (0.4.15)? Or maybe I don't have the right version of lua. But yeah a lot of shit is broke

I heard someone say that it's the food mod, like when you eat too much of the same food it crashes.

Or maybe turn invisible and watch people until you discover the person who is intentionally doing a glitch that causes a crash.

diet mod has been disabled, but I think that crash was actually the mole hill mod when you place a torch next to it

all that I know is that most of the mods are okay, last Holla Forums server had most of these and was fine.

yea mole hills are stupid… what do they do? not very convincing mole hills to be honest. I don't know what gave them that idea to make a mod with piles of dirt. would have made more sense to have fire ants come out and nip at the players.

remove mole hills and glitch chairs and maybe we're all good?

thanks for all you have done bro.

Minetest:
> minetest.net/customize/
>wiki. minetest.net/List_of_Mods
>wiki. minetest.net/Mods
>github .com/minetest-mods
I rather watch minetest grow into something even more beautiful than what it already is and do it FOR FREE, playing a non cucked game made by the community, for the community, rather than paying some corporate cancer.

We're not sorry that we dislike corporate bullshit that has been cucked into a mainstream neurotypical fairytale land with overpriced physical DLC meme toys in real life because the game is so shit that you need to quite and go buy a miniature plastic mushroom cow and styrofoam diamond sword in a toystore so you can pretend to have autism with your equally stupid friends who love throwing their money away.

do people really enjoy giving all their money away to a corporation for a cucked nightmare of a game while we play a free game that just keeps getting better?
if they love minecraft so much, why don't they go play that instead of messing around in a minetest thread?
if minecraft is so much fun, why do these people seem to hang around minetest threads shitting all over everything and spreading ill will when they could easily just be playing minecraft?

fuck corporations, we freedom now.
We're. Not. Sorry.

quote from some user
"But I love minetest and detest microsoft"
"It took me 30 seconds to find the website, download the client and join the server at 0 cost to me. Thats a pretty major advantage"

"when a game is bad, people shit all over it. when a game is very good, people have diarrhea hurricanes from the uttur butthurt of something so good daring to exist in a world of cancerous feces." -someone who isn't a cuck

God bless you all and God bless minetest

make minetest greater than it already is again!

holy shit did you find that in a cave?

That's literally the rare's block formation in minetest. Unless something changed recently, that thing forms naturally very rarely.

I work late tonight, but I'll pop on to see if my shit hut still exists, probably dig a hole and find more shit to horde.

>minetest.net/customize/
>wiki.minetest.net/List_of_Mods
>wiki.minetest.net/Mods
>github.com/minetest-mods
>minetest-mods.github.io/mods.html

Okay I stand corrected, minetest does have mods.
Too bad they're all either;

1. Adding minecraft blocks and features that should have been in the base game
2. Add decoshit that no one gives a fuck about
3. Buggy as fuck and crashes everything for the stupidest of reasons (Eg. sitting on chair)

Hitler's Hotbox 2.0
I made a Hitler's Hotbox on a Holla Forums server long ago, not it has returned, 1000 blocks under the surface.

I was thinking i might come play with you guys but in between the crashes and the high level autism in this thread i'm not so aure anymore.

what's the ideal time to find anons playing?

embeded related

to be fair I believe all the crashes are because I had a lot of probably incompatible mods. Or maybe just a few highly incompatible. I've been disabling mods that seem to cause problems so I hope it'll stabilize out. (server host posting from library so diff ID)

RIP SERVER

server crash again

M-milk?

the base game should be fairly bare. adding too much shit to the normal base game bloatcucks it out of control just like minecraft.

most features should be mods so that people can fully customize their experience.

Protip: Don't place torches on boulders/moleholes/anything that isn't a fucking block.

Just disable the boulder thing, it's just as bad as sitting in chairs.

My autistic stone house better still be there when the server is back up.

Turns out it's the same shit with boulders… So whatever adds those I suppose.

If Milk is not at home i really hope he has remote access to his pc to put the server back up

Yeah I've learned the hard way that torches on things that are not blocks crashes shit.

I won't be home for another two hours guys, sorry but you'll have to take a break.

I think when i get home i'll make a test server to enabled each of these mods one by one and make sure there's no compatibility issues.

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

okay milk. thanks dude.

ONE
JOB

I hope you guys are joking, Milk has done a great thing for us.

I mean, really people. some piles of dirt and rocks and chairs make the game crash. simply remove those specific things, and it's fixed. no problem.

that and milk is going to run a test server and add and remove mods and do testing to learn and fix stuff. milk is not just an admin, milk is a hero.

Cool, thanks based Milk!

Now let's plan and find even more ways to fucking ruin everyone's day jk… I'm sorry for crashing the server by mistake,

Mostly joking, but if you're running a server you should set up a way to get onto your pc if shit goes down

good point i'll look into it

server is back up and i think i got rid of the boulder mod

Let's get it on.

Wait if the server application itself crashes can't you just write a script that autorestarts the server when it goes down?
Or does it just sort of go full retard and hang itself until someone manually kills the process and restarts it?

i could theoretically do that but i'm running on windows so i'd have to work around their script process

@echo off:StartCLSMinetestServerExeGoesHere.exeECHO.ECHO.ECHO.TIMEOUT /t 15 /nobreakGOTO Start

I use this bat file for my minecraft server. As long as the .exe shuts down cleanly (aka process terminates) it will wait 15 seconds and then restart it.
This also gives you a small window of opportunity to close the console window should you want to shut off the server for maintenance or otherwise.

fucking sweet dude i'll try it later

nether works confirmed. either dig down deep or construct an obsidian portal just like in MC and right click with mese crystal shard

forgot pic

From an old server

technically old serber is still alive, it just changed address, its "floorchan.org" door is "30000" Masketta_Men where are you big guys?

looks nice bros

server looks like they probably know what they are doing, unlike me. If people want to switch over to this server I would understand

the problem is that it's dead since months

Yeah, it's already full of stuff. I'd rather keep building on your serb.

and we just so happen to have several people in the thread itching to play who need a stable server

btw i fixed a bunch of mods

should all work as intended I had to use older versions of those mods I think that was the problem

I'll look into getting new mods later but what i'm thinking is

QUIT FUCKING WITH MOLE HILLS

that was a technic chest failure that time, so i guess technic isn't completely fixed

still runs like ass
still looks like ass
still has no good monsters
still has no shader mod
still has no railcraft/thaumcraft/etc style mods
still has a tiny world size

nah.

yea but their serb don't have based milk

sorry guys didn't know the server was "down" I accidentally changed the port to 30001

serb is back up on default 30000 port

T O P K E K yea user you show them they shouldn't be having fun with a widely accessible version of autism blocks that is optimize to work on pretty much any thing. LOL NERDS come play on my minecraft server. and watch as the threads die because Holla Forums doesn't like anything made my mojang or mircoshit.

Any of you nerds wanna come play wurm instead, we really need more people and its not a meme game like minecraft, we have our own server and all

How do i turn off this damn music

Yeah, wurm is like minecraft except you need to grind for 12 hours to get a pickaxe.

is the server up?

thank you senpai

haters gonna hate

this

thanks for giving minetest a list of improvements to make

if you like minecraft, what the fuck are you doing in this thread? it's more fun for you to bitch in a thread about minetest than it is for you to play the game you payed for

Chill the fuck out m8

no

also the games crashed again. don't know why.

game keeps crashing and giving timeout errors. don't know why this is.

i just implemented the automatic restart script a kind user gave me earlier, so if it crashes when I am away at class, it should restart in 15 seconds

The serb starts with basic tools and we have villages already built, in 12 hours you'll probably end up having a nice house.

we are playing at 4x timers and skillgain so its tolerable and we have a few mods to make it better for people to get into.

I've not seen this much of a faggot OP ever since alphablaster. You're clearly a redditor so fuck off would you?

I think he'd be fine he tuned down the autism a bit, but I'm not too sure he can do that.

i'm admin and i'm not dead.

Checked
Honestly I don't care about autism as long as I can have fun.

smart inventory seems to be a lot better than unified inventory, just started trying it out in a singleplayer game.
it has optional integration with the help mod (doc) which i'm using
it only searches for recipes that can be made with the items you have in your inventory, so you won't be searching through tons of recipes and items like in unified inventory. of course that means you can't look up any recipe at any time in your inventory, only when you have the ingredients. i guess you can look them up in the encylopedia when you craft it though? assuming you have the help mod installed, never tried doc mod before now
it only works with the dev's fork of the skin's db mod, but yes you can select skins through it. real fast and displays more per page than unified inventory does.
smart inventory: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16597
skins db mod for smart inventory: github.com/bell07/minetest-skinsdb
doc: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15912

use the vertical space
in minecraft the top of the world is Y=256, bottom is Y=0
in minetest the top of the world is Y=30927, bottom is Y=−30912
X=30927, X=−30912, Z=30927 and Z=−30912 are the other four sides of the world in minetest.
minecraft stops at X/Z ±30,000,000, or something like that.
minetest's world is a cube, whereas minecraft's world is a much flatter cuboid.
sure theres lots of horizontal space in minecraft but its usually pretty boring mapgen wise

wiki.minetest.net/End_of_the_world
minecraft.gamepedia.com/Altitude
minecraft.gamepedia.com/World_boundary

use mesecons

lua has stack traces, no idea what you're rambling about.

There's no need to be sore, autist-kun.

this is boring as shit I'm gonna go find a real server

pvp is enabled

I'll try to find a decent mob mod later

Lua is the language of choice for game scripting within a C++ engine, mostly because of the bindings but also because LuaJIT is extremely fast. arrays indexed at 1 is maybe the only thing I dislike about Lua but even that is very minor. Anyone curious about Lua and real-life uses should check out the Grimrock development blog and moding documents.

wew
the point is that minetest has nowhere near as good mods, and no overhauls that make it a cohesive and complete game like mineshit does

seriously hoping you do something about the shit quality of this game

I just enjoy triggering you faggots because minetest is seriously subpar and lacking but you fags eat it up and use excuses like "it's open source, it runs better" as if that makes the game good. SHIT MOBS. SHIT NETCODE. SHIT MODS.

Server is down, check out this issue: github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5059

To fix this write a mod that uses minetest.register_on_prejoinplayer to filter out bad names

I think it's an omen. I should probably quit until tomorrow maybe.

while you're stuck off the server develop a sexy new mod for us to play

Milk here is a mod that will block the exploit: a.safe.moe/tIWqK.zip

you tryin to trick me bub

The file host is flagged as unsafe, presumably because it doesn't conduct virus scans on its stuff. But the zip file itself you can look inside and see what files are there, it's just a lua script that is small and easy to understand.

If you don't trust me here is the script text: pastebin.com/8DHMDQjf

Make a folder in .minetest/mods, call it something (like "checkname"), then make a file init.lua inside with the code in the paste.

Install this amazing mod: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=14937

Autismblox is fun but this kind of shit is why we don't have many threads, it attracts the bad autists.

Get SSH working on your computer maybe?

I looked at the script. Looks fine.

I've had a server running on linode for a while now. I'd post the IP but there are things on server I actually need and I don't want the headache Holla Forums users would bring.

If it's a linux server it doesn't need the script anyway.

You should quit and play Minecraft like anyone who isn't a first class autist

If you're running mapgen v7, open /map_meta.txt and replace "nofloatlands" with "floatlands" to enable floating islands. Their spawn height is determined by "mgv7_floatland_level", which is 1280 by default.

done

There's some mingestain on the server making himself invisible, partaking in mischief. If your shit ain't protected, "memerino" probably spilled lava over it or something. Doubt it's perm, but I could be wrong.

Fag's already either stolen or hacked in a hazmat suit too.

Invisible?

Can't see him nor his name. He was punching while outside, just as he was before he went invis. Just though it was an average hyper autist pvper at first. Should say in the console he didn't disconnect before maybe 03:00 EST

That was me, are you sure you didn't see me /home away?

I also died a couple times.

Nope. No nametags or anything in the server. Just took maybe 1 heart damage every time I stopped for more than a few seconds. Someone was def chasing me.

If their name was Memerino it was me. I didn't do anything to become invisible though.

Oh, I think I just realized what you are taking damage from, but it's a meme you need to discover on your own

l-lag?

dude you were probably taking damage from hunger

Nope. Made sure to check I was well fed. I just started taking a heart of damage each hit, then I'd sprint away somewhere for 10 seconds, and not take damage. Then, I'd stop in one spot for a few seconds then start taking damage again.

memerino is going around planting nuclear waste under people house. good job trying that nuclear reactor explosion and leaving that shit around…

Guys I need help

The old server admin is gonna be kind enough to let me use his server and be an admin. so I am trying to upload the current world we have right now so people don't lose their progress.

I can only find ways to import a certain chunk of the map with world edit. but I want to just use the map that was previously generated on another instance of minetest, how do I do it?

Copy the entire world folder over

i did, it didn't seem to keep the same world

unless the coordinates are skewed in the copied world, but I took note of my position in the original, and teleported there in the copied version and it wasn't the same

? that should work.
also get on a terminal

Server took a shitter?

Maybe milk is starting up the other server?

IMPORTANT

Server has migrated.

New Address: floorchan.org
port: 30000

The admin of the old server let me use his remote server and import our current world and mods. He also let me keep being admin

Your buildings should still be there and your inventory and player account should remain the same
let me know if shit is fucked, but overall this should be a better long term solution

i'll redirect minetest.moe to my server soon
uh also your config is pretty slow my dude

Is there a mumble?

also imo don't autogrant fast priv

i mean like i run an http server, and an irc server, and a mumble

Is the serb down

MILK fix your shit, I wanna make a hundred CCT TV's and a nuke

what do you mean my config is slow?

I only did that because we didn't have a sprint mod, once I do i'll remove it

also i didn't realize the server was down. I wrote a script to keep it up all the time but I have to keep a SSH window into the server open. Also that crashed which is why the server went down.

give me a sec to make your config fast

your config is now F A S T

it's the same mods with the same build of minetest so it's going to crash exactly as often as the old server

idk what you did but now when entering the server, the chunks load SUPER SLOWLY. so for the first 30 seconds you're floating in a void before the ground loads in. and it takes forever for it to load more chunks. did you limit the chunk loading to increase performance?

okay the server has 100% CPU usage which is why it's lagging like hell. I can even use the task manager properly because of the lag. You might have to go in and see what tasks are running to cause it to freeze like this.

i think we got rooted

check your email, i think i found the processes

Use tmux or something to keep the session alive without an active ssh session

NEW THREAD