Total War Thread

There's FINALLY a new version of Beginning of the End Times available.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-warhammer-beginning-of-the-end-times/news/102-beta-released

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/medieval-kingdoms-total-war-attila-version/images/further-byzantine-additions5#imagebox
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/132407/medieval-ii-how-to-run-mods-after-22-07-2014-update
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You'll either trigger faggots to reply with Total WaWa discussion or you won't have a thread at all.

Who do you main OP?

Is EB2 playable yet?

I've been doing Attila for a while now since I finally managed to pick it up for peanuts. I'm assuming like every other CA game, the culture DLCs are not worth it and the AoC is the only one worth picking up eventually?

recently played EB2, what makes it not playable?

Atilla's really junky but some interesting mods coming up soon™

Cancer either way

Who do you main faggot?

It's a pretty unique experience though. I'm playing Saxons atm (vanilla with alters/fix mods) and while I only have Germany, Ireland, Frisia, Scandza and Gothia, I basically have the rest of Europe as my puppet states with the exception of the Hispania. Even the Western Roman Separatist and Italia (who holds Rome now) are my puppet states. Attila actually excels at empire building compared to previous titles where I have to administrate my all the territories. After I can get WRE to become my puppet (hopefully without a war) and conquer Constantinople in the name of Wodan, I will then wage war against all sandniggers. Despite the slavs being closed to wiped out by the Huns, they don't dare set feet into my empire because my border guards pretty much wipe out any horde that tries to raid. I'm 1 year from 420 AD, so I can finally rid myself of those regenerating tier 3 hun stacks.

Like what? Give me names, user

If I'm correctly interpreting your spear-chucker like braying usually Seleucids I guess.

So much fundamentally broken shit, though. The ice age mechanic, the horrible units and the even more horrible upgrade paths they follow, the hordes barely functioning when directly controlled and completely broken by AI. The province destruction.

This for example should get a major patch in the near future:
moddb.com/mods/medieval-kingdoms-total-war-attila-version/images/further-byzantine-additions5#imagebox

My minor mods fixed most of that, so it's actually usable now. My initial vanilla blind play was so horrid that the more I upgraded, the worse my settlement became.

Recently tried it and campaing isn't done, diplomacy is not done (empire nations dont start alllied whit the dwarves and whit themselves) and the map of the old world doesn't starts revealed, i tried playing whit the dwarves and i was bankrupt at the third turn, this betas is only for the custom battles

Last time I checked up on it was probably a couple years ago and it was still very buggy.

That's disappointing. I didn't have time to download and play the beta when I made the thread.

That was anticlimatic, I defeated Attila once and he respawned next to my assassin next turn and I got a critical success. RIP The scourge. You didn't even survive 2 turns.

They also nerfed the shit out of Kislev infantry for no goddamn reason

That sucks. You guys know any Medieval 2 mod that is finished, or at least have a playable campaign?

I am glad.
I was afraid that they abandoned it completely since there was not a single peep from them in such a long while.
I'll be sure to get it as soon as I'm back home.

Any Brettobros around?
Favourite units?

It was almost perfectly playable even with the 2.2b version.
They've gone far since then and the game is both stable and enjoyable. Yes, there are bugs here and there, but that's modding for you.

Why don't you try it out yourself instead of listening to a fag who doesn't know how to manage his economy and goes bankrupt on the third turn?
Maybe you'll like it.

As for other mods, the only one that has been completely finished as far as I know is Stainless Steel.
Possibly Third Age as well, but I never played that.

Never said I ain't downloading the mod.

Anyone give this a try? If so, how was it?

The fact that the Germans (Sweboz) have the Native voices from vanilla is a real turn-off

Its unfinished but pretty fun. Im currently playing moblins in a play by email campaign. Shits great but unbalanced.

i played that. does a better job changing the game than beginning of end times

…How does that work?

Oh? And which faction?

all of them have their strengths like one race has super diplomats, another race has super assassins, gerudo has your weak ass harem that gets beat up by everything

play by email is someone act as the host and send out the current turn. everyone sets what they'll do on their turn and sends a turn file to the host who collects them all and then makes the turn end and sends out the new turn

you dont know what you are talking about, i was playing as the dwarves of warhammer fantasy, those guys swim in gold, also on the previous version the dwarves were the faction who started whit most income and had the most developed settlements, but all of them were castles and dwarven units are expensive (3000 G for recruiting their basic infantry unit).

Try planet war for Medieval 2, it's just a joke mod ( you fight aganist shrek ogres, there are mercenary teletubies, avatar aliens faction, etc.) but it's pretty fun.

It's fine enough. I tried it many years ago(Yah it's been that long) and it has quite a lot of content, but it was really incomplete. It also had a lot of crashing issues because of exceeding what the engine, or game or whatever could do. Medieval 2 has a huge number of hard coded limits for everything from factions, to cultures, to how many units, and provinces you can have. My information is really out of date though, maybe you should try it, and see.

Hmmmmm, Hyrule total war is at 4.5 right now. I remember playing 3.4, I might decide to download it then to try it out. "Support Hyrule: Total War on Patreon."
OH NO!

For what it's worth, the Modmaker is a really earnest fellow who understands the consequences if he tried to make money off HTW. His plots for the future also hold some exotic promise, even if he's a bit edgy.

Eh?

It looked cool way back when I tried it too, even without a campaign (I played Darknuts for the sheer glee in watching one punt a half-dozen soldiers with a single swing), and now that it has several kinds of campaigns plus an overarching story, I itch to try it again.

I played as the River Zoras a lot, and watched as 8 cities produced 2 stacks of units every turn. I completely curb stomped everything even the Darknuts.

…What the everliving shit. Zora aren't supposed to be a horde army.

The river zora makes unit very differently from other races. They used to have a supply line building that would need to be upgraded several times. Each level would spawn units near the rivers of whatever city spawned them. Level 1 spawned two, 3 spawned 4, and level 4 for two thousand gold would spawn 5 units each of a different unit type. So you would get one spearmen, one raider, one of the crab riders, one of the cyclops dudes, and something else. However each upgrade would take a certain number of turns to be built, the level 4 required four day gestation I think. The only issue is that each group of five, cost two thousand gold to produce. Maybe it was one stack every turn, I don't remember, but if you keep up the pressure plundering every city you capture you can easily cover the cost. A production rate no other race can match, once the river zora get going you can't stop them. Plus I had to do it ONLY using the auto-resolve feature because a certain unit the darknuts had would cause the game to crash in 3.4. Yep, pretty much unstoppable.

I'm installing the latest HTW right now, and I'm going to see how much of an improvement has been made, if any at all.

Well I can't get it to install right. So I'm just going to let this thread die. Sad to see there has been no real improvement even after all these years.

Did you try disabling UAC?
Your game should also probably not be on the same partition as your OS.

No I can install it, I just get a lot of errors. I was able to get it to actually load after some effort, but very little of the content was there. Wouldn't let me select the grand campaign or anything. It still needs to have Med2:TW installed right?
WAT! HOW COULD THAT POSSIBLY HELP?

I'm not sure I understand, but if you can run the actual mod, then the problem lies with it, not you.
Besides that, most mods need at least one of the Kingdoms scenarios to work.
I'm assuming you have one, fully patched.

As for partitions, Wangblows can sometimes cause problems when installing and running uncertified programs on the main one.
I think there is more to it than that, but the moral of the story is to not have your video games on the same partition as your OS.

You may be right. Some people were saying the latest version didn't have the correct installs, but that was back in March, and I find it hard to believe it was not fixed. As for the partition thing I have never heard that, or had a significant problem like that. Most games I have played work fine, with the exception of a few errors on some of them. Maybe I'll try again later with an older version.

You might also want to check for any specifics when installing because the physical retail version and Steam are often handled differently.

Thanks. I wish neph would just abandon the entire installation thing. I prefer my mods to be in folders I just plug in, much easier in my opinion.

Eagerly awaiting your report.

Stop posting Neph, go finish your mod.

Oh my god….
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/132407/medieval-ii-how-to-run-mods-after-22-07-2014-update

You can still install mods, though.

The files wanted to go to a steam folder, I was sending them to something else because I don't use steam, going to try this bullshit.

Nope didn't work. I'm getting the "Sorry Pal" message.

Honestly I am tired of trying to get this shit to work. It probably is an easy fix, but now I don't care anymore.

When will the new TW: 40k be cracked?

Hasn't it been already? Why would you even want to play it?

Started playing Rome 1 again. I should finish my Julii campaign in a couple of days. I never modded Rome before, what should I get? Is Rome Total Realism too autistic?

What's the best mod for Napoleon?

Uninstall.exe

No but it's pretty shit. Europa Barbarorum is the classic go-to autism mod but there are newer and shiner forks, versions or more recent mods out there.

I am instantly reminded why I love this as soon as I start a new game. I wish I had the attention span to last an entire campaign but the battles get so repetitive.

Try EB2 for some change.
It's pretty good, even though it's far from finished.

i got shogun 2 a while ago on sale because i had never played a total war game before
did i fuck up?

I'm only answering your obvious bait because you got dubs, and yes you did. I would recommend Rome 1, or Med2 first.

What's Meiscoir?

It means he has a reputation for drinking too much, but he's not quite an alcoholic.

I plan to.

Shogun 2 isn't that bad. It's dumbed down in many respects compared to previous games but I still enjoyed it. I hope you didn't buy the DLC though.
But yeah, if you want to see TW at its best play Rome 1. Medieval 2 is also great, but Rome holds a special place in my heart.

The great war mod is pretty cool.

You lucked out and bought arguably the best post-Empire TW game. You should have bought Rome 1 and Medieval 2, but Shogun 2 is a fine introductory game for the series. Despite being classics, Rome 1 and Medieval 2 have their very rough edges.

Darthmod is pretty much mandatory.

NOPE!

It's fun playing as the Hylians and genociding all the other races

If being dumbed down was the only problem with it, it would not be so bad.
I dislike it a lot because it introduced so many cancers like generals and agents 'levelling up,' not to mention the pile of shit that is the research system the only purpose of which is to prevent you from developing yourself the way you want and instead forces you to always pick the same 'mandatory' things.
It is a self-defeating system.

Like everyone else told you, Rome 1 or Medieval 2 are the best games.
Rome 1 is very clunky, being the first fully 3D Total War and all that, but it is also a very easy game to play and a fantastic introduction.
Med2 is a straight improvement on everything from Rome 1 and a much better game, however, it is not beginner-friendly.

Do you have one of the newer versions?

I wish Shogun 2 was better. I enjoy it, but I just wish it was better.