OG Xbox thread

THE DUKE
TOO BIG TO LIVE, TOO STURDY TO DIE

I just pulled my old Xbox out of my closet, popped it open and removed the clock capacitor. Found out my old S controller wasn't working so I went and bought a Duke, they also had Splinter Cell and an HD AV box. Now that the system looks and sounds nice, drop those lists on me Holla Forums, what should I play on this titan of a system?

OG Xbox Thread, share your pickups and recent plays.

Other urls found in this thread:

digiex.net/threads/xbox-offline-xbox-live-downloadable-content-dlc-installers-downloads.675/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced-definition_television
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_with_alternate_display_modes
racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=755098
theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/trainers-patches-saves/xbox-16-480p-fix/
youtube.com/watch?v=CyFNK667jd4
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ1idkX982k
vine.co/v/MJJBhQFhZmB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What controller does Holla Forums prefer

the S or the Duke.

Just as a curiosity, are Douks actually rare? I heard they replaced them pretty quickly with the Jap controllers.

Anyways, S is a pretty solid controller, in my opinion, decent weight and button layout, though it's a bit small. That duke controller looks like it'd be a pain to reach some of the buttons.

The Duke is neat in how hefty it feels, but the placement of the Black and White buttons is far more ideal on the S. Still, nice to own one.

I like The Duke personally, except for Halo, then I prefer pic related.

The Dukes layout is better for fightan games

the S is a bit more comfortable, but having grown the duke fits surprisingly snugly compared to how I remember it feeling when I was a kid. It's also kinda cool to have a vertical 6-button layout, the controller-S places black/white a bit too low to be a clean 6-button layout.

they aren't rare, but you will find S controllers much more often. I think you really need to hold it to ascertain the controller itself, it's surprisingly comfortable.

:^)

Heheh, good goyim…!

good goyim!

Reddit should be banned from the internet.

Also why is phantom dust so gud.

The S, the butons on the duke are retarded. Been playing a bunch of Battlefront II modded version but it keeps crashing on some modes and maps sadly. Either I have a shit ISO or I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Not surprising

Always bet on the Duke.

S would be perfect if the black and white buttons were put somewhere more efficiently.

Neither

because yukio futatsugi is a forgotten genius.

its never sonybronies, its always people who can't emulate it.

Microsoft started a Jap division JUST to make this game, shame they didn't keep them around.

kinda makes me wish there was a 360 adapter for the original xbox, but pretty much the 360 replaced the classic xbox out of the gates.

And yet that kike Moore had the gall to tell Sega to (((westernize))) their games.

Pelican afterglow controllers. They were very similar to 360 controllers before that system was even on the drawing board. Black and white were made into shoulder buttons, making turning helicopters in GTA much more natural, as pretty much every other game ever uses shoulder buttons for that purpose with choppers.

Far as i can tell, he was basically just telling the Japs they were fucking up, and the response he got was salt and "UR LYING NOBODY WOULD SAY THAT ABOUT US!!!"

to be fair it was just game journos saying that shit, couldn't be that there was someone who would benefit off of that sort of negative publicity directed at competition in the western industry or anything. not like they have always had tons of friends in the industry that defend their outright bad games to the death.

Fucktard, he was going into Sega HQ saying LOOK AT GTA ON PS2 MAKE GAMES LIKE THAT UR GAMES ARENT GOOD AND DONT SELL. Never mind that JSRF did well enough on Xbox to be a pack-in title.

Yu Suzuki and Yuji Naka rightly told him to eat shit, then Moore prompted his translator to tell them to "fuck off".

Not sure if you're joking or not, but that design is the most similar I've seen in real life to an idealized controller I've had in my mind for a while.

I still don't know which is better, the OG Xbox or the PS2. both honestly have pretty good exclusives, but the Xbox can't be emulated, meanwhile the PS2 has more exclusives that look interesting to me. Which one should I get?

I actually like the Duke better, the tiny S-Controller makes my hand cramp

Piece of shit console with atrocious build quality.

Come on, you can do better than that, Microshill.

Wrong. Sony should go burn in hell along with MS.

Listsluts where you at?

many, many years ago some crackhead broke into my apartment and stole my x-box

I miss playing kung-fu chaos

that shit was boss

Typical consoletard.

Are you really recommending multiplats? Even edward snowden knows halo was never good, too.

I never really looked into that whole story before now. My understanding was that some fuck head on reddit ruined an early xbox or something.
Now that I've looked into it I'm hard pressed to think of a time that I've been more angry.
He wiped the fucking HDD too. So he could reuse it. The almost two decade old, 20gb hard drive.
Holy fuck I need to lie down.

STOP REMINDING ME

Thanks user.

Confirmed for windows shill.

I think xbox claiming multiplats is fair given they turned out best on the system with only the ones on PC possibly being better (and that's mostly due to modding).

In an unrelated note: Does OG Xbox have a -tan? I've seen the one for 360 but I don't think I've ever seen one for original. I assume it would be a big muscle girl.

Nah, but tenerezza is cute.

Huh, weird that game never came out in America, a little weeb support could have maybe bolstered the Xbox a bit. They already had the casuals, all they needed were the weebs.

PS2 had that trashbin locked tight, not that the xbox didn't try with shit like DoA volleyball.

But weebs also bought the Gamecube generally, I bet if Microsoft had brought a few more of it's Jap only titles over they could have garnered a bit of attention from that market. Not all of them were hardcore consolewar fags and if they were it was because Xbox was coming off as Bro: the System.

there's some surprisingly great games that are exclusive to Japan for the Xbox.

they had a solid japanese game presence, in fact the best games on the system were unabashedly japanese games.

That thing was fucking boss as fuck for FPSs. You got a massive advantage being able to turn AND melee at the same time. Took 2 generations before MS figured it out and them jewed everyone with their 100 dollar elite controller. Which sucked. Steam controller has a crappily included version of it.

He does a fine job of that on his own.

The more I look through this list the more I'm seeing some elements that are wrong. Biggest thing sticking out to me right now is that Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Splinter Cell Double Agent both have couch co-op.

Ehhh, i say this as someone who bought the gamecube, i didn't really get that impression from Xbox, at first anyways, around the time halo 2 launched it certianly seemed like a dudebro console. I remember getting a free trial subscription to the magazine around it's launch just to see what it was all about, and it looked pretty cool, the magazine had articles on fucking case modding the xbox, it's jap launch(which was completely inappropriate because the entire line up was sports games, halo and some random game about rats), History on superman and other nerdy shit you wouldn't really expect, but iirc it was also shilling Blinx the time sweeper a hell of alot more than they seemed to do with halo.

Now that you mention it I do remember a period where it wasn't viewed as Brobox before Halo 2.

Which the PS1 and 2 were also.

OFFLINE DLC INSTALLERS
digiex.net/threads/xbox-offline-xbox-live-downloadable-content-dlc-installers-downloads.675/
If your Xbox is modded you can install the long lost DLC for it.

MS actually targeted a GLOBAL and diverse crowd. Wasn't until far into the 360 that they switched to Burgers and casuals.

MS saw how much money you can make with multiplayer. Xbox live and games as a service is what they bank on now. And you know what? Business wise they are RIGHT.

In this cruel world that work station will probably be bought by a redditor who will destroy it
Life hurts

On the bright side, Microsoft abandoned the trademark. Maybe someone could revive it? If Naoto Oshima was smart, he could try to take back his franchise.

A real shame it didn't get the same library of games as the ps2 considering how so many of those games would have run better on the xbox.

S. Duke wasn't quite as bad as everyone seems to think, but the S controller was great. It was very close to perfect.

It was second place you dummy. Besides, nothing was going to stop Sony's dominance that gen.

Whats bullshit is Microsoft killing it so early. Once the three shitty came Microsoft ignored the huge almost immediately. Didn't help that the 360 looked and felt like it was a shitty multimedia device made by board room executives when the hueg was conceived of by actual game designers. Once people like Shane Kim, Ed Fries, and Shamus Blackly from the OG Xbox team left and were replaced by suits like Peter Moore and Don Matrick, Microsoft's gaming division had no identity left to it and just pandered to their dude bro normalfag crowd.

Bernie was a smarter choice than Trump who turned out to be a globalist neo-con that fooled the goyim with populist rhetoric.

Enjoy your WW3, fag.

Windows wrong with microsoft?

They made not only the shittiest operating system of all time, but also the shittiest consoles ever.

Pretty much this.
At least the first xbox had games, but they never actually made a good console.

guess the Holla Forums shills are spreading out to the other boards. Go back to reddit you piece of filth.

That's what you get for trying to Redpill the "nor.mies" - A board full of redditors.

Everyone get in here and laugh at 46046a
So like a good goyim you instead backed a jewish communist who didn't have a real job until he was 40 and would've gladly sold us out to the kikes far faster than Trump.
You lost nigger >>>Holla Forums
Take your poor pedophile hippie with you

That's not Mac

Microsoft was only good in the DOS era, anything after that including Windows 95 was when the judaism began.
It's not like REDHATTED OS is any better though.

Fixed.

Oh look, the retard who never had a hueg is back.

It has the redhat schlong deep in it's ass but it's better than anything else in the market except for BSDs

Dude, that's worse.

I meant revive in the sense to re-release the originals. Oshima has got to have access to the original code

Sup, nerds? Best hugebox game ever coming through.

is this an xplay meme

Someone should translate magatama, and before someone says its impossible to modify console games it's possible to do because i remember modding quests and armors in fable tlc

N-no… yes

I actually don't know anyone who has played it.

I've heard of it, but that's all. That cover art looks like it was done by the Batman Beyond people.

Why does he look like Joker from Batman cartoons?

:^)

Fun fact: there was supposed to be a comic book tie-in, but the game did so poorly they killed it.

You don't have to install any Redhat software when you use GNU/Linux. But yeah, Redhat, Canonical and Freedesktop are cancer.

Actually DOS was garbage for its time, compared to the likes of Amiga.

Also, Bushnell-era Atari > MS.

Put multiple responses into one post, you autist.

There is this game called Crash, man I loved it. The extreme arcadish physics were fun as hell. You could drift into your enemies car and hit them with your rear, catapulting them into the air.

I don't make fun games like that anymore.

Please do not feed the redditor.

Just report him, remember: rule 8.

Alright first and foremost
Fuck you Mark, you fat nigger kike. I actually contributed to the thread. And you know that Stallman Berncuck is going to come back and shit up the thread. Fucking BAN HIM you nigger.

Is that the PAL version of this game?

Please do not feed the redditor.>>12424485
Go check the banlist, they did ban him; for 17 minutes. Mark clearly is a bernout.

That looks great, I'll have to mess with it

Based on the rage logo I'm guessing so, I imagine that's the developer.

Remember kids, ignore cuckposters. Let's keep on track:
What is your single favorite Xbox game?

Mine's Chaos Theory.

yep you guys are right, I didn't knew there was a EU and a US version. I do know about PAL and NTSC because of emulators.

The picture of the cd is my original, not something I found on google. I bought the game used back then, it was already somewhat scratched but me and my brother managed to totally break it at some point.

It was a damn shame, we both loved that game and I was not able to find a second copy.

Can't choose, but Smilebit were the best developers.

I'll have to check out Panzer Dragoon Orta. JSRF I have lots of fond memories with.

As a side note, after taking apart my S controller I managed to fix the right analogue stick (still got a dead spot, but instead of it being massive it's now incredibly tiny and hard to notice) so now I have two controllers! Co-op time.

Xbox really is the nigger of gaming consoles.

Yeah, your insufferable, cunty bitchposts are really improving the quality of this board overall.

the entire panzer dragoon series have some of the best game music ever composed and it is the best rail shooter series of all time. The art direction is also astonishing.

JSRF is godlike.

How it didn't franchise on the xbox is beyond me.

In fact, anyone know why the 360 seemed to kill every weird/stylized game from the Xbox? Fusion Frenzy barely made it.

Sales. Xbox crowd really is a bunch of braindead dudebros. Also making games is too expensive for experimental/niche games.

We've been through this: JSRF did well enough to be a pack in title.

Like Knack?

JSRF is a cult game which means: not enough profit bury it.

Yeah, I think my next project will be picking up a Saturn. I had one as a kid but I only played bits of Panzer Dragoon that came with demo discs, I remember those demos being amazing though.

you should, and also get it so you can back up load it. There's a massive amount of kick ass games on the system.

microsoft was wise to bundle JSRF and Sega GT 2002 with the xbox, got lots of people to experience two excellent games. MS did a lot of great things to diversify the library of the original xbox and the 360, but the change in management of the xbox team really fucked things up.

On a scale of Don't do it to it's easy
How hard would it be to stick S controller Sticks and DPAD into a Duke controller?

He ended up right in the end because Sega's biggest selling game in Japan is now Yakuza and Capcom made a shitload of money buying the localisation rights to the GTA series on PS2 where it sold millions in Japan.

Microsoft lost the trademark, but still own the IP. Both Artoon and MS don't like to talk about it compared to Voodoo Vince (Where the creator still worked at Xbox and owned his own indie studio so it was easy to licence) so I guess they both have better things to do.

MS had no choice. Nvidia wouldn't bring down the cost of their chips because the GF4 was the top selling GPU so they couldn't compete price wise even if the power of the console meant they could go another year before the next console. Allard went to Ballmer and Gates saying they had a pitch for a new box from AMD. Ballmer and Gates wanted another one in 2005 so they could just cut the cord with Nvidia and because it smashed their projections and beat the $10 bn write-off they planned for it (It ended around $4-6 billion range they lost but considering it was a hard time for new Brands even from established companies, it was seen as a mass success. The original iPod lost Apple $5 bn but the brand value made Apple's brand go astronomical)

It sucked it died early but that was a business decision they needed to make cause Custom parts from Nvidia are a huge risk considering the price you pay for them.

Nvidia is hell to work with when it comes to licensing. Sony had really similar issues with the PS3 and it ended up making the system cost a ton. I think Nintendo got lucky when they got stuck with the green cunts with the switch, tegra seems to be a pretty loose to work with chip because nvidia really wanted ARM penetration.

delete this

So as I mentioned I took apart my S a few days ago to repair it. I could be wrong because I didn't mess with them much, but it sort of felt like the sticks were on there pretty solid. I don't like your odds.

So in other words, he was wrong.

I'm still waiting for the day I see copies of Blinx and Jet Set Radio. Not too keen on buying games online either.

It is a fine fucking time for being an OG Xbox player. I mean, softmodding was piss easy and I've replaced the hard drive, but It's still nice to get a collection on my shelf for fucking chump change.

I find most for under a dollar. The only downside is that most of it's shovelware or dudebro shit like Madden. It's a fine time for 6th gen consoles in general. Too bad the emulation is still shit though.

Panzer Dragoon can be unlocked on-disc in Panzer Dragoon Orta. I need to play Panzer Dragoon Saga though.

The only dollar xbox games here are sports games like you said.

Because thrift store employees like myself usually nab any good games that come through. And I don't usually know where else to find older games.

Actually, scratch what I just said, I just popped my stick right off. Assuming the stick for the duke is the same design you may be able to do it.

zwei too is exclusive to the saturn.

Missing Republic Commando.

It was a wonderful summer…

So one interesting thing I'm finding as I'm researching games for the Xbox is how a lot of games that came out on PC and don't have widescreen on PC DO have widescreen and HD resolutions on Xbox.

Anyone know why this is the case? Honestly this makes a really good argument for these games definitive editions being the Xbox version.

i appreciate this meme

Fixed chart

The Xbox port of MGS2 is not that great.

It's a better chart, but it's far from fixed.

Except they don't; majority of Xbox titles are 480p max. PC versions almost always have higher resolutions than that. They are however, almost always without a proper widescreen mode, and even if they did the widescreen modes break the game, like in Chaos Theory. The Xbox versions on the other hand had proper widescreen that scaled properly and didn't cut off game assets.

Probably because mass adoption of widescreen TVs were just around the corner, and even commercially available by the early 2000s. PC monitors on the other hand were still mostly 4:3 and didn't still start coming out with widescreen monitors until around the big HDTV push of the mid 2000s, which by that point the Xbox was dead.

It's an adjusted chart I made over a year ago; I just can't stand seeing people being fooled to playing what is honestly a shit port of MGS2. It's filled with slowdown, the texture quality is worse, the controls are awkward, and it's missing the skateboarding minigame that Konami advertised it with.

Is the Xbox version of CvS2 any good?

Why not include every good game that are also on Xbox? I don't have other 6th gen consoles and I hate playing on PC.

FUCKING REDDIT

Stallman is basically what that one judge called carmack when he was a kid. "A brain with legs".

Every time I visit these threads I want to hook it up and play it or fuck around and softmod it. I never do it though…

There are a fair number of games in 720p: The Warriors, X-Men Legends, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. It's not a huge list, but there are some good ones there. Plus I honestly still consider 480p HD. Good point on the 16:9 not catching on for PC for a while. I actually want to get my hands on a copy of Enter the Matrix, I know it's shit as I've played it but it is one of the few 720p/1080i titles so I want to see exactly what it can do (granted it's Enter the Matrix so no matter how big the reso it's gonna look shit). Also I know that shit is dirt cheap.

I would be very surprised that there's more than a handful of games where both the PC version is totally incapable of widescreen and the XBOX version supports HD at the same time.

It's objectively not
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

480p is EDTV
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced-definition_television

It is a handful, but it's also some gems like The Punisher, Star Wars Republic Commando, The GTA Trilogy, Max Payne 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance. Probably more than you'd think. Here, knock yourself out: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_with_alternate_display_modes

Well sorry, but that's how 480p was advertised when it was coming out. I understand how it's classified today and why, no need to link to wikipedia.

But all of those have widescreen on PC user.

No, that's how Microsoft advertised it, and it was mainly to note that your Xbox needed to use component cables to access the progressive scan signal and high definition 720p and 1080i video. Anything with 480 or 576 interlaced lines is standard definition video and 480/576 pixels in progressive scan is enhanced definition and always has been.

It's been classified by 720p of higher since at least the late 90s when the first HD TV broadcasts of sports games happened.

Funny, I recall having to widescreen mod The Punisher and Legacy of Kain: Defiance (which then had errors in the effects like snow). Are you sure you're not thinking about them having widescreen hacks or patches?

So the end result is all that matters no?

No, native widescreen made by the developer is usually far better than a hack made by fans. Love the modding community, but the aforementioned issue with snow in LoK:D is a perfect example of why developer made widescreen is superior. The snow in the first level of the game (and I assume any similar effect in later levels) only shows in the 4:3 box, where as in the xbox version it effortlessly shows in the full 16:9 image.

SSX Tricky honestly deserves a platinum IMO. That is just…such a fucking fun game, words can't describe it.

If we're talking anecdotal evidence GTA is a perfect example why developer made Widescreen support was garbage (4:3 stretched to the full size of the screen)

Elaborate. I feel like mine got some mean deadzones as well.

Okay.

When I popped open the controller I found some strange gunk on the traces around the analogue that was giving me massive dead zones. I just took a q-tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol and scrubed the section a little bit and when I sealed it back up the whole analogue except one small spot was working. Mind you be careful, while these things are sturdy don't over estimate them and clean too hard so you mess up the trace. I made that mistake when I opened it again to try and fix the tiny deadzone, but I ended up making it worse. Still, nothing lost, all part of learning the limits of the tech for a modder like me. Also these controllers are like 15-20 generally.

Okay, faggot, that's two of the five things I listed. No comment on The Punisher? How about Enter the Matrix (which absolutely has HD resolutions)? Republic Commando? LoK: Defiance? Resolution really isn't everything when we're talking progressive scan higher at or above 480p which most modern TVs scale just fine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm throwing my PC in a bin and playing all the multiplats on the Xbox, I'm saying that SOME, a rare handful, have a few extra features on Xbox that make them preferable. I even said I was surprised by that fact. It's something to discuss, not something to be a snarky greentext faggot about. I feel like PC only cucks have a hard time accepting that there is a reason to own other systems.

Any of you niggers up to play some shit via Xlink or so? Halo 2 is usually busy with Brazilians.

Gee I just love installing unsigned drivers written in Mandarin.

they do.

Xbox support for HD output is really interesting. Technically every game on the console can be run in 480p except for just one game, a billiards game which runs a resolution check after the game launches. Every Xbox can also be forced into 720p or 1080i, but the problem with this is many games have undesired effects. It would be interesting to combine 720p out with an xbox that has had a ram and CPU upgrade.

The games forced into 720p typically have the HUD aligned to the top left corner because developers framed the HUD around 480p. Still, it can be done although results will be varied.

I heard Final Fight Streetwise also doesn't support progressive scan.

Isn't GTA San Andreas (sans PC modding) best on the Xbox because of it's different lighting engine? I remember some kind of comparison video on the subject.

Nvidia really fucked up. I doubt we'll ever see Nvidia involved in home consoles again.

When even MS gets tired of your Jew tricks you've gone too far.

There's some really REALLY weird shit going on with PC gamers.

Master race is not a meme people have turned it into a religion. Doesn't help that almost all internet fora are inundated with PC gamers who are frankly rather obnoxious.

I'm afraid I can't find the comparison video you're talking about, would be interesting to see though. If I find a cheap copy or when I HDD mod my box I can make a comparison video.

Was I meme'd on? Was everyone who also said the game was great merely pretending? am I the only that actually likes it?

Does anyone know if there is a fix to play these Smilebit games in 480p on a 1.5 or 1.6 xbox? Normally they just lock up in progressive scan but I may have heard something about a patch?

Or I can just stick with my 1.4 and leave the 1.5 rotting in storage.

I found this info the other day while I was looking around for info about the various revisions:
Pulled from
racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=755098

"For those who can't play Panzer Dragoon Orta at 480p
Don't know if it's old news or not, but if you try to play Panzer Dragoon Orta at 480p and get a garbled mess instead of a decent picture, try this out if your Xbox is modded (hard-modded, soft-modded, whatever):

- Boot to a (non-MS) dashboard so you have IGR (in game reset) enabled
- Boot the game; you'll still have a messy screen
- Soft-reset the game (with softmods it's usually Start+Back+R+L)
- Magically play the game at 480p

I don't know why this works or if there is another way, but it worked for me, so I thought someone might be interested in this."

Mind you, I haven't tried that yet, but sounds worth a go. Let me know if it works for you.

Nah i fucking love that game too.

I still play original Xbox time to time just for this game. Someday I will get revenge on Alma.

Also this list fucking needs Unreal Championship 2 nigger.

Quality stuff. Chaos Theory is my favorite game ever.

You do know those are for plugging on your XBOX so there's no need for any sort of driver right?

I would love to play some Battlefront 1 or 2.

I really gotta play that.

Quality taste.

Out of the five things you listed two have shit 16:9 support, none have native HD support though.
From the list of reason to play something on XBOX widescreen+HD support is so far at the bottom of the list you'd have to be really reaching for excuses, especially when you're talking about a platform with exclusives and console multiplat version that are so superior they might as well be exclusives, and that it's nowhere near as perfect as you're trying to paint it with the widescreen support sometimes not being good at all and HD support being very sparse to begin with, it also opens the door to autistic nitpicking regarding framerate, controls, platform specific bugs that might or might not actually be that annoying but are always exaggerated to either extreme by people for or against something.
You want a good example of that, just ask people which version of SH2 is the best, see how much time till it gets to comparing details so minor you might not even have cared if nobody told you, all of that to realize that in the end there's no truly "best" version because they all lack something good one of the other has that is until someone hacks in per pixel lighting in the PS2 version.
>I feel like PC only cucks have a hard time accepting that there is a reason to own other systems
There are plenty of reason to own other system, which is pretty much the whole reason why I own every system that doesn't emulate well enough to my tastes and I have an actual interest in SAT, DC, PS2, XBOX and WiiU (for that NGC/Wii and WiiU all in one mainly and because I found one cheap enough to take over a regular Wii) if you want to know I just feel that there's no reason to try and justify it further than "It has games I can't properly play anywhere else".

That's what the GC and USB connector are for, right?
I don't know how well they'd work on xbox but I've never gotten one to work with my PC.

Fair enough, and good points, sorry I misjudged you.

Well no those are obviously to plug your Dualshock1/2 in a GC and PC, mine is not the same as that I just couldn't be arsed to take a photo of it but it's straight up just PS2 controller to XBOX port

Mine has a few issues with some DS2 where the analog button fuck with how well it detects presses, works fine otherwise I only ever bothered to begin with because an adapter was less pricey than a decent shape XBOX controller where I live and I'm not disappointed so far

How is Black on Xbox? I liked the PS2 version but I'm hoping this version has more colors than concrete and mud and enemies that bleed red instead of gray dust.

WAKE ME UP

Alternatively, if you don't want to hack your Xbox:
-JSRF can be played in 480p if you play the Sega GT 2002 pack-in disc.

-Orta can be played in 480p if you've unlocked the original PD. Navigate through the garbled menus and start up PD. Once the game pops up, exit, and this will cause Orta to refresh. Afterwards, it should pop in 480p with a clear image.

And speaking of broken 480p games, pic related is one that requires hacking or earlier Xbox model. Can't believe MS was so worried about Fable working in progressive scan they broke it for other games.

Interesting, it sounds like it just needs something to cause it to reload the 480p signal. Thanks for the info.

And sadly it's not just Smilebit games that have this problem and I recently found out Quantum Redshift is another one that has glitched 480p. For that one try to navigate to the menu that loads up previews for Xbox games, then back out of it. It'll reload the game but with clear 480p video.

You said something about worrying about Fable working in Progressive Scan? What did you mean by this? I wonder what's causing the problem, I wonder if it's just a driver error?

I had the reason for so many games being broken in 480p on later Xbox models was because there some issue with Fable or some other first party Microsoft games having problems running in 480p on older models. So MS made some revisions for them in 1.5 and 1.6, which in turn broke 480p in older games like Orta and Gun Valkyrie.

I know it shouldn't, but holy shit did that story make me fucking angry. Especially the screen caps of him trying to justify himself.

That would be a damn shame if that were true. More so because as far as I can tell there are no patches that fix the problem even if you could still download them.

There's patches that work for every title. I'll try dig the pack up.

theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/trainers-patches-saves/xbox-16-480p-fix/

There's a more elegant solution out there but this one covers virtually all titles.

It's also possible to manually fix what's causing this issue via hex editing.

I think he already did.

Thanks for pulling that up, will be very useful as my box is a 1.6. Good thing the mod community is on shit like this.

what is the source here

Yeah the xbox version is the best. Same with gta 3, no idea about vice city though.
But you can just download a mod that will enable xbox and/or ps2 graphical effects on san andreas, and you can download a gta3 mod that will replace all PC assets with xbox assets. Here are some random screenshots I took some time ago, I know they're jpegs but you can still see the detail.

Just checked out actually and VC/SA have actually more visual effects/filtering on the PS2 version but both still have more than the PC version by default

The PS2 version of SA has that orange haze effect all the time whereas the XBOX version retains the reflection and lighting of the PS2 version with the lighter colors of the PC version, the x360/mobile port looks plasticky

youtube.com/watch?v=CyFNK667jd4
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ1idkX982k

Cuckbox was for yanks who were too retarded to build a computer.

this here vine.co/v/MJJBhQFhZmB

(# - I) - magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5ccfba096f819c198077545a5f15ad29c3b6c4e0&dn=XBOX%20HDD%20ready%20(%23-I)%20%5b20140930%5d
(J - Q) - magnet:?xt=urn:btih:89c832c572d7876da6cf6b6d3bee467ba5e095d9&dn=XBOX%20HDD%20ready%20(J-Q)%20%5b20140930%5d
(R - Z) - magnet:?xt=urn:btih:697f20423627237748c5cceb5ca5fb9f9de17d85&dn=XBOX%20HDD%20ready%20(R-Z)%20%5b20140930%5d

Anyone got a source on this story?
It's peaked my curiosity.

Leddit finds an Xbox test build. Not a devkit sent out to studios, a legitimate fucking test build of the hardware. The only other known one that exists is in Phil Spencer's office. This could have been the key to an actual OG Xbox emulator, depending on what data was inside. Most of the xbox hardware is still under NDA, especially the GPU. This would have been a goldmine. So the faggot takes it apart, probably broke a bunch of the parts, talked shit about how old the GPU and hardware was, and wiped the 20gb PATA hard drive to put it into his PC.
Also the guy is convinced that he dindu nuffin wrong and haha LOL guys all of the internets right Reddit?

Thanks user, I'll definitely take those.

np babes

Man this guy really was a class-A fucktard wasn't he

What pissed me off more is that he formatted the HDD. The hardware is just testbed versions of the components used in the xbox, the hard drive probably had a treasure trove of information that would be useful for emulating that hardware.
But no, the faggot had to wipe it because he wanted to stick it into his PC. Twenty fucking gigabytes at 133mbits/sec. Do modern mobos even come with a PATA slot anymore? You can't even fit your average modern videogame on that drive. It's just such utter retardation, "hurr I'm gonna destroy this because I can".
The only thing that pisses me off more is that faggot that found two legitimate SVD Dragunovs (not PSLs or Tigrs, actual pre-ban Russians) in a storage unit buyout and hacksawed them in half because guns r bad. And no, afaik the ATF did not fuck him up the ass for sawing the barrel in half first and making an (under 18.5in) SBR.

And he wiped the HDD, the shit needed for emulation.

Kill yourself kike.

No it wouldn't there's plenty of other devkits out there and due to how the XBOX games work you kinda need several devkits to HLE the system and none to actually LLE it because each devkit has a specific kernel version to it and games alleviate compatibility problem by loading their own kernel that correspond to the specific version of the devkit used to make it meaning to HLE those you need access to the tools used in that devkit or be prepared for some nasty guesswork which means that yes you still don't really need one to HLE it's just way easier
This devkit in particular is so ancient I doubt there's any actual commercial games that were made on it it likely was used to dev the dashboard and maybe some E3 demo .

You would get the same exact info by decapping a regular console besides the worst documented part in the console right now is the audio processor the GPU is documented well enough to pull a mostly correct LLE implementation

The actual bad part is
Because that's pretty much the main reason why you want a devkit the tools on it and potentially what was being worked on but like I said earlier the devkit is likely the first or one of the first note the non final logo so the content is less likely to be some game prototype and more likely to be either the dash or a prerelease demo

tl;dr: guys a retard don't make wild speculation that make you look retarded too

So do you think there's anyone willing to take the risk of breaking into Phil Spencer's office and stealing the test build?

Didn't Phil Spencer say they were making an XBOX emulator on PC?

This wasn't a devkit. Devkits are xboxes in a clear plastic shell instead of black. This was a test hardware build.

pc master race was a mistake
fuck yahtzee

If anything, it's going to be an emulator for Windows 10 featuring Windows 10 with Windows 10 running on Windows 10.

I wish there was a way to hack the system with a busted DVD Drive, I really want to play Panzer Dragoon and JSRF again and download the games I missed but I can't and don't have the funds to buy a new drive for it.

Doesn't really change my main point though
Making an emulator would require things you can already do on/with a regular console or things that are either very unlikely to have been there or even that couldn't have possibly been there at all

Those Thompson drives are shit, my condolences.

This is even worse than turning working PowerPC CPUs into keyrings or Commodore 64s into keyboards.

B&W buttons should be put nearlier to the ABXY buttons so it can work as a six-button controller without getting in your way when playing games that focus on four buttons.