Starcraft 1 + expansion is now free forever

us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft

You need a battle net client in order to play it.
Have fun people

Other urls found in this thread:

cncnet.org
us.battle.net/support/en/article/StarCraft-System-Requirements
bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42741
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

btw, 800x600 CRT is only way to play.

why still play this shit when total annihilataion/spring is 100x better

1.18 broke the game and censored the chat of "harmful" words, also what said.

World/setting and meta.

I'm still waiting to find out what dialogue they're 'revising' in the HD release.

You have to watch/play some of the early game to really appreciate the depth of the game as an RTS. Little things like making efficient use of your base, building in a way to form a protective wall from outside while not hindering your own ability to manage and produce new troops, the balance of the early-mid game.

I think I saw one thing, but I can't remember what. What things broke?

The maps glitching and knowing that it's modern Blizzard that updated this they have know idea what they're doing, just pirate or get the battlechest.

is it safe to host 1.16.1 files now that sc is free?

Amazing. Kill me now.

???

You mean Starcraft 2?

Original starcraft was great

You should kill yourself for being completely fucking retarded

Fun fact: the og SC1 campaign had p trash mission design.

Some of them yeah. Some of them were also good.

Nice trips but no. Vast majority were "build up your shit and steamroll through the map".

played it few months ago, you are absolutely right

This place gets more tryhard every day

Fuck off Blizzard.

So were most RTS at the time.

It's free goy! As long as you let us rape you in the ass with our data mining software, you can have these decades old leftover crumbs from our table! You are practically robbing is, oy vey!

I know.

I have an original copy but only played the game like three times.

Retards like you should off yourselves, it was mediocre even amongst its comtemporaries.

Yes, and WoW was the pinnacle of MMORPG and didn't kill that genre either! What wouldn't we do without people like you.

Take your own advice.

Where do you contrarians come from?
PLebbit? Cuckchan? Maybe even tumbr?

I ctrl-F'd profitable and only found your post, friendo.

I named seven named seven games I personally played in the years following Brood War, and pretty much 0 of them followed any of Starcrafts design, and at least a few of them still have competitive communities.
But no, I guess it 'killed' RTS and those games just don't count for some reason that you're probably going to tell me.

Are you forgetting where ASSFAGGOTS came from?
Which is the only still active RTS known for gookclickery and anti-fun ?

What was it user, ASSFAGGOTS or Starcraft that killed RTS? Because AoS was a fly on the wall and incomparable to the hero driven games that followed in Warcraft 3.

Implying people aren't already all running Windows.

Very much irrelevant. Both contributed.
I simply cannot turn around and tell anyone that C&C or suppcom have a relation to ASSFAGGOTS. But I can very much say starcraft and warcraft have.

Starcraft started the whole "RTS are for esports fag" cancer
Also the reason that these games are good are because
But I can't wait on you wringing your hands even harder to defend your precious gookclicker.

RTS was killed by casualization,, appealing to mass audiences and trying to release on consoles where they had no place being. But you'd rather make starcraft the scapegoat because you're so mad that it was popular? Ok.

I already have the game. on N64

Wrong, it very much did. To the point of shitting on it's own plot.
Wrong. Too few RTS games actually tried that.
Wrong. Mad at what it became in SC2. Many SC1 pros dropped the game at the time of SC2 release while others simply stayed in SC:BW or came back to it. To the point of SC:BW pro games still being around.

So was it Starcraft or Starcraft 2 that killed RTS? Because I don't recall defending Starcraft 2. A game that did dumb down its content. Anyone could beat that. You can beat it with just infantry. You can probably beat it with just air but that'd be boring. You can definitely beat it with just Goliaths and transport.
Gee, you're right user, there were simply no big names trying to release RTS on consoles around the time that RTS dried up. MY BAD.
Is this one of those nu-age 'argue with feelings' instead of doing a google search things? Seriously, is this bait? Am I getting Punk'd?

Maybe do try to take your own advice with google searches :^)

o shit m8, you got me on 1, guess Starcraft really did kill RTS, and not all those other things you haven't disproved.

This is like when they make Origin or uPlay games "free". They just want you to download their shitty program.

Pretty much. Consider this your daily reminder to stop using steam.

Daily reminder EA helped killed the genre by buying Westwood and raping its corpse with e-sports faggotry, Hollywood freaks, and general retardation.

Holla Forums game nights when?

wew, EA somehow outdid ActiBlizz
Of course it still doesn't excuse their rape of the series.

Someone hasn't played C&C Sole Survivor

Nigga, RTS were on console since their inception.
It was only during the the late 5th and 6th gen where we saw them stop being developed for console.

Supcom was on Xbox.

Cnc 3 and Kane's Wrath as well.

I think RTS died because it's harder to get good at than other generes and casuals don't like intellectually challenging games.

I'm pretty sure there were still good RTS by the time WarCraft III hit the stores.

Don't lie to people, user. I didn't have to install any Battle.net client, at least for single player. Haven't tried multiplayer because I suck too much.

LEL
but yeah listen to other anons; don't support this shit and just pirate them.
They're already going to disgrace the story with their remake, retconning Artanis as the motherfucking executor, not to mention
Stick with pirating; I can up on a vola if anyone would like.

Didn't read your post in time
rip

I don't even like Starcraft and I think you're a faggot. Has there been any game that took even remotely any influence from Starcraft that wasn't C&C Generals? I'll admit that my knowledge of RTSs is limited since I only play CoH, C&C, and SupCom, but fuck what are you talking about? It sounds to me like you don't like RTSs.

The reason they couldn't release it in time was because they didn't have the source code. A guy on reddit actually found a CD with it and shipped it to them, and a day or two later, Starcraft went free.

How do i into online rts games?

Wait, how does that make sense? They can't take up a project like a remaster without the source code can they?

Probably building it from the ground up without it like one company did with another RTS. I think it was Ubisoft and some Might and Magic game or some shit.

It's possible. It's just really, really fucking stupid to do so.

favorite custom game?
Mine is dodge the rapist

Can someone post that flowchart for RTSs? Might help this guy out.

Gross, i want to experiment and come up with strategies on my own, not follow some dog eaters excel sheet.

no you dork, it's a flowchart that helps you find out what RTS is best suited to your tastes.

You're a contrarian that never played SC1 or any RTS for that matter, RTS died because more casuals were flooding into the consumer market and didn't want strategy games with SC2 being the nail in the coffin for the genre.

hownew.ru?

I'll never ever not be mad at EA killing Westwood and releasing the abominable game that was RA3.

multiplayer requires you to make an account with an email address they dont verify. The only client you need is the game.
Its worth it. I checked the customs and didnt see a single assfaggot clone on the list.

Pure fucking trash.

So what did they censor?

SC doesn't have anything to censor

pretty sure they added some CURRENT YEAR shittery to the text chat filters.

Ugly and boring robots that look the same and are completely unengaging to use. Horrible balance and uninteresting degenerate gameplay with no interesting spells or abilities or unit mechanics, just RPS .

Most likely this

Wat

Warcraft 3 was hugely iterative on Starcraft's base. The biggest being varying the playable races and giving mechanical differences between them. Since in Warcraft 2 there were only slight differences between the Alliance/Hoard.

The marine who says "I love you sarge" before being killed by the zerg in one of cinematics now wears a matching wedding ring along with his spouse to show support for gay rights.

All your text comes down to
Despite it being a true-3D RTS with actual projectile and vehicular traction simulation, with a focus on macromanagement than army micromanagement.

Well, except for
Did you get your butt blasted by some nigger spamming flashes or did you finally started using laser defenses? The game is appears symmetrical yet unit usefulness is actually highly assymetrical, you don't play CORE the same you play ARM as they get different bonuses and their units act different.

I want everyone on reddit to die

WHAT? WHEN? GIVE NOW!

You must be new.

Since 2010 the first two games developed by Westwood for the series and the third one developed by WW under EA management, which are: C&C95: Tiberian Dawn, C&C: Red Alert and C&C: Tiberian Sun. Had their sources released for free by EA for whatever reason.
You can even play them online for free in cncnet.org since they install them for you even if you don't have the games. And there are mods for TS and RA too.

No I just never really paid attention to C&C after red alert 2 came out and I didn't really like it

And, like I said in the other thread, that's why I'll be picking up StarCraft 64'.

Irrelevant if its shit. Counter Strike models bullet physics and terrain coefficients of friction and Quake doesn't, CS is still a shit game compared to Quake.

It has less micromanagement and less macromanagement. You don't even have to expand for resources. Casual RTS like Dawn of War can figure out basic RTS gameplay better than TA.

I don't mean race balance, I mean unit balance. Without micro and unit abilities all games turn into RPS which is boring as fuck.

Starcraft is shit compared BECAUSE of weaponry and movement simulation is shit. Long ranged artillery fire and unit advancement can be hindered by terrain features and proper defense placement can destroy any attack. And it goes both ways for an attacker can sneak in units that can't be seen because of terrain blocks and ends up completely devastating a base because the defenses end up shooting the structures and factories which are in the way of the units themselves.
Different units have different locomotion engines, meaning they are better for certain terrains or can simply maneouver faster in certain ways. Tracked vehicles can turn around almost instantly but are slower, Legs can climb mountains where Tracks can't even pass through shores or shallows without slowdown, and some ground units are even amphibious, both underwater and hovering above it.
Same goes with the weaponry they bring as fast-firing Plasma guns don't hit as fast as Lasers do, tank Shells travel faster than Rockets, Artillery can hit the side of a hill or miss the target completely due to a terrain slope while a Nuke can bypass everything yet can be shot down by Anti-Nuke missile silos.
In SC this is simulated in
And i don't even have to touch your shit claim about CS or Quake when CS use shitscans and Quake is primairly projectiles like Rockets and Plasmabolts.

Resources are mobile, it's units. You have to scarvenge dead units if you want to actually gather Metal in large quantities since static metal nodes only give 2.0/sec at best (a basic structure, the Kbot Factory, requires 650 Metal to produce), and even those are gathered across the map in a way that you can't bunker down in one corner of the map to make a deathblob of units or produce anything significant in numbers or tech without expanding everywhere.
Unless you play in a Metal World map, which are shit for various reasons, including resources.
And Geysers are things on the map that give you an incredible edge on power generation, short of spamming 600 solar arrays on the map (which requires a shitton of Metal to do so anyways), and are usually placed in a way that you need to expand to defend them, thus your enemy can harass it.

Is a Tank supposed to die to a pair of Kbots to you? Cause it can, but not if they're lower Tech (Quality) as that is supposed to be stronger than Mass (Quantity) due to the amount of resources invested. You also can't expect a non-homing rocket/flak unit to be able to fight against Aircraft, or for destroyers to be able to defeat coastal artillery that can outrange them.

You don't even have RPS in TA, you're thinking of Ages of Empires, where hard-counters exist because almost everything is melee-based.
In TA, it's all about force projection. Not the type of force, but how much force you can get into an area.
Tanks can be killed by Kbots can be killed by Tanks.
Depends on how many, what level of tech on the units and due to terrain features and proper tactical play. Aircraft is binary, else you have Air superiority and support, or your enemy does, depends if you bait your enemy into stealthed Anti-Aircraft fire to regain superiority or if you just don't give a fuck about bombers which are a metal sink. Naval combat is the same as aircraft, but in the water and with more artillery involved. Not just deathblobbing, unlike SC with unit spam, as that just gets you artilleried by a Bertha or Intimidator across the map.

s-sorry for liking starcraft because i have fun playing

Different tastes. Sometimes playing a 5-minute microintensive fight on who can harrass the enemy's production and resource gathering the hardest is more fun than a 1-hour grindfest of sending 1.2k units in a deathlock meatgrinder to move at least once into further into enemy territory and break the endless siege before Tech 3 Krogoths are introduced.

Though you can't say things like this aren't fun to build around every once in a while.

Meant
I need some sleep, fuck.

Why bother with RA2 when Zero Hour is way better?

Not even mods like Mental Omega compare to shit like Shockwave, Contra, or ROTR.

Happens more often in Starcraft. Half of TA games are on featureless open maps anyway.

Irrelevant if it doesn't improve the game, and TA is shit.

In other words it's retarded and you simply bring resource gatherers with you. Winner takes all. No map control needed.

lol, it's 100% RPS. With no micro and no abilities there is nothing to do but watch as units kill what they counter.

It's the opposite of force projection because you don't need to maintain map control, like you do in literally every other RTS. In Starcraft you actually need to stay mobile and defend parts of the map. In TA all you defend is your tiny base and periodically attack.

Clearly have never played SC. Every race has methods to deal with masses of units.

You haven't refuted any of my points, just shitted through them, din't read shit that debunks what you just wrote in this post and avoided having to actually read anything i wrote by just mentioning a one-liner. As if that actually has you win the argument.
Sure you aren't fanboying about something you actually know jackshit about?

But however so, i'll give you this one because i find it funny
You mean Spellcasters like Templars, right? I find them incredibly boring to use. Outside of hard-countering masses of cheap units, they are completely utterly useless compared to dedicated Siege units and a waste of resources to field around anywhere outside of dealing with said blob of units. Way to call anything else an RPS shitfest (Rock-Paper-Scissors, if you don't know what that means) when one of the ways of combat from your game requires a hard-counter to deal with something. Specially when compared to TA's stationary Artillery platforms which are organic in that it can deal with anything on the ground, including the enemy base or enemy blobs. And it can even hit Air units because the shell projectiles are actually simulated and air units aren't on another plane of existance that can only be magically touched by anti-air, and actually i'd say it's actually fairly effective to shoot clusters of enemy fighters as something is bound to be hit eventually because of physics.

It's not free if it costs you a DRM installation to run it, but I suppose you could register a BNET account then use it with a pirate edition? But maybe they make you install DRM with the latest patch anyway. Who knows.

Are you one of those idiots who thinks Holla Forums is for shitposting, contrarianism, and mindlessly hating on everything?

Old Blizzard was good. From WoW onwards the company went to shit though, which is not surprising considering they literally sold out the company. I think the old Blizzard staff made Guild Wars 1 instead of WoW.

That just makes you a hipster faggot who hates popular things because the community hurts your feelings or shit. I don't give two shits about esports but I'm not about to hate a game just because there are esports freaks who love it.

lol

Show me a single TA recording that approaches SC level of play or complexity son. It's a shit game for low level casuals who get upset when they lose in good RTS games.

I'd get Starcraft if Warcraft 3 didn't still have godlike/updated custom games.

They updated the wrong shit

Polite sage for unrelated topic, but they can indeed take up a project like that without the original source code - provided they're either doing the from-the-ground-up rebuild, or trying to (disastrously) operate off of beta content perhaps.

This was the exact problem with the Silent Hill "HD" Collection, as a matter of fact. Instead of somehow reverse-engineering the original discs of Silent Hill 2 and 3 when the source code proved unavailable, they worked from beta code and the results are utter and complete shit.

t-thanks

Because it wasn't free then and did you even provide a link.

Yes I did but the thread didn't get that much interest. The client itself was some buggy shit since in my experience, the windowed mode feature broke the second time I opened the game

Ended up playing a TvZvT that some other guy won because he just lifted his CC while getting attacked by zergs and I gave up because I already attacked zergs and I wasn't going to search for it.

Not an argument.
Neither is appealing to authority (ie: SC "pros").

Show me a clip of SC having better features than TA has.

I played on that match, was the guy who lifted his CC because i got completely fucked by the zerg player because i din't wall in. Was fun, would try again.

Features don't make a game, as we all know.

Sorry you liked dumbed down crap.

Attention Whoring 101

us.battle.net/support/en/article/StarCraft-System-Requirements

Minimum Requirements
-Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10
-Intel® Pentium® D or AMD™ Athlon™ 64 X2
-NVIDIA® GeForce; 6800 (256 MB) or ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB) or better
-2 GB RAM
-Broadband Internet connection
-1024 x 768 minimum display resolution

I'm pretty fucking sure when I played this 15 years ago it was on a computer with with a 700mhz processor, 64gb of ram and a GeForce2 MX 200 32mb and on 56k

These system requirements are for battle.net botnet

Neither does esports faggotry, as we all know with MOBAS.

Sorry you like overhyped shit that's terribly coded and only made to look cool and hip.

user did your dad work for IBM

Starcraft has good esports. MOBAs are shit.

No one wants to play TA but losers who don't actually like RTS but wants to pretend they do. Which is actually the same people who play MOBAs.

More like system requirements for windows tbh.

The source code is proprietary, no one would be allowed to do anything with it. Even if he leaked it anonymously no one would release anything made from the code.

The jews at Blizzard on the other hand deserve the full gas for keeping the code proprietary.

Nice accusations over playerbases. Nice lack of proof.

I still see no difference in SC esports over to MOBA when it's all chinks yelling "WOOOOOOW" at anything that happens onscreen. Or even the fact that DOTA started out in Warcraft 3 and was ported SC custom games and was fairly popular at the time.

If you have proof that TA has better micro or better macro, present it. Until then the only facts are that you think TA is better because you can't play SC.

You're telling me i haven't played SC because i consider TA to be superior? Even when i have told you i have, else i would have no argument against either because of no sample data?
You're the one who keeps claiming TA has no depth or macro because the scale is bigger than SC and things like resource nodes are streamlined in comparison (Ie: not obtuse and rounded in a way that you can only optimize it by autistically clicking a thousand times because unit pathing is shit).
No seriously, read what i wrote in already, you're shooting yourself in the foot now.

Bring proof that excessive amounts of micro and macro is important to an RTS game. A genre that is supposed to be primairly about Strategy and not Tactics unlike RTT, mind you, rather than a gookclicking shitfest because units are so terribly coded they can't even go up a hill on their own without their pathing sending them across the map.

You've still stated nothing about how TA is somehow more strategic than SC. All TA has is simplistic RPS mechanics, SC is legions ahead in terms of timings, teching, expanding, map-specific play, etc.

SC is legions behind in actually all of the terms you mentioned because it lacks what is called a flux-economy (ie: unit production isn't fixed on requisitions, but rather on resource income and units can stop build mid-training if there aren't enough resources and resume immediatly when there are. Actually play TA and try to build something when low in resources if you want to see what i mean) for unit production and timings/teching/map specific play is already a thing in most RTS on high-level play anyways. It's what you call a build order and even C&C95 has this. Woo hoo a fucking glorified to-do list, what an strategic advancement!

Expanding is already something incredibly important in TA, because Metal resource nodes themselves are weak enough to die easily to scout units, so you need to constantly defend and rebuild them across the map else you'll fall behind in passive resource generation.

You are still pulling RPS mechanics yet you care not to explain how TA is RPS when it's actually the complete opposite of that. Do you even know what RPS is?
I can tell you an example if you want taking Ages of Empires 2 with the basic unit triangle which is: Pikemen beats Horse beats Archer beats Pikemen.
This is Rock-Paper-Scissors. You keep spouting this like it's winning you anything yet you can't fucking read the damn fine print.
You don't find this in TA because it doesn't exist. You either have enough firepower to take down the enemy's army or you don't and at best you get a phyrric defensive victory against a larger and better equipped army than yours, which you can then fight with your enemy over the thousands of unit wreckages stewn across the map for more metal to rebuild said army.

this is not free, my info is not worthless.

ie dumbed down since you just order everything at once and it all gets finished eventually.

lol, TA you just end up with a million metal makers spammed in your base by the mid game.

RPS is when units have very basic attack/defence advantages with nothing else to distinguish them. Unit x gets damage bonus against Unit Y, Unit Y gets damage bonus against Unit Z, etc. It's essentially all that defines TA.

In starcraft, units are additionally defined by abilities, upgradability, AI, supply, microability, and so on. You'll notice that there are very few RPS-based units due to the fact that there is actual depth to the gameplay.

You mean needlessly unintuitive? Even C&C has this and it's great because you don't have to wait till you have the amount of resources needed to be able to start production of units, so you can focus more on the actual battlefield and the strategies to employ instead of having to click a thousand times in your base because production decided to stop.

Stop playing the Metal World maps crap. It's like assuming SC resource management is shit because of a terrible map with infinite resources on your base, when it is infact that SC units have terrible AI pathing that needs resource gathering units going through eachother else they'd never get anything done. I told you they're shit in the previous post and you are still assuming that TA is only that, yet you still haven't played either game nor read what i have typed.

No, literally read the acronym.
R. P. S.
Rock.
Paper.
Scissors.
You don't have this in TA because they don't get bonus damage against Y unit or Z unit with any unit. What matters is the strenght of the unit itself and the utility of it depending on the field you're deploying them in because of the weapon they carry can be hindered by certain things like terrain features because they're all simulated projectiles instead of a retarded % to hit like in SC, which is why there's a variety of units with different weapons for each factory from Lasers to Dumbfire and Homing Rockets to Artillery or Tank shells to etc etc etc. You still aren't reading what you're fucking typing and are still assuming shit.

You don't know that the TA Commander unit (and his Tech 2 support units, too) also has an ability like this, right? Even so, i find the appeal for spellcaster-faggotry to be of low end when you could deal with blobs or stealth in better ways, like Radar coverage and scouting, which is something SC lacks because SC scale is shit.
I don't even have to counter this, you're literally not reading what i'm typing. Hint: It's not a good thing to leave your unit AI mentally retarded and needing to be microed for every step they do or ability they can perform else they'd get themselves killed.
Literal baby tier argument.

Thanks for the free cancer man
LOL

Остоновись
YAMEROО
STOP
Stopp
DETENER
СПРИ
ЗОГОСООХ
थांबवा
停止
lopettaa
Ĉesu

It's still a shitty clusterfuck but atleast the turn based games are out. Also

I didn't make this, and it's also old

It also doesn't have Metal Fatigue

NO ONE SAID THEY WANTED MORE CANCER user

Pretty much the only one of those games to be 90$. The hate is well deserved.

As far as I know TITANS is the devs making people pay for content they already paid for on kikestarter.

I fucking hated the anti-gg bitches, but they weren't wrong when they said you're all a bunch of faggots.

Sorry we don't want to use your glorified botnet to play a decades-old game. It's not like we can't still use alternate lobbies to play the game like ICCUP you know?

I bought the game for $30 and Titans was discounted because I had the base game iirc

Or it's not like we already have the CDs and we don't really give a shit.

That's years after release.

I got Titans on release and PA when it was in beta

Jesus fucking Christ.

Fucking get over yourself. All of you get over yourselves.
Digital download is the new norm. I don't like it either, but that's the way it is.
and to be fair, it's a lot easier to get games nowadays than it was twenty years ago. Plus, I don't have to deal with the clerks at a local retailer anymore
If something is free, you have no room to complain. This is especially true for underage who rely on piracy because daddy won't give them enough money to purchase a shiny new game.

This changes nothing about the terrible early access launch it had.

>Implying I've yet to install it

As a young child I had the battle realms demo for the longest period of time, and I loved the shit out of the game. At some point I begged my mom to buy me the full game and I basically came buckets with two whole other factions and an actual campaign.

what a waste of trips

Not Free as in freedom, but free as in free beer that you'll have to pay with accepting this TOS about letting us datamine you and botnet your computer

Sorry i have higher standards of both living and expectations. Can't fret over every rotten egg.

It's not complaining. It's just not caring for games that need shitty clients to download. If you can't stand people who choose to not bother with bullshit then you're free to get the fuck out and never post here again.

What a fucking waste of time.

A sidenote, good luck trying to get this to work on linux.

The original starcraft worked fine on wine, this new update breaks it. Not only does this not work, anyone who somehow had the legit original and connected to battle.net got force upgraded and is now SOL too.

It works if you compile and install a wine fork that someone made, if you want to compile and install a fork of wine that only works for starcraft and breaks literally everything else.

bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42741

I don't know how V feels about mobile games, but anyone who likes Starcraft should check out Uniwar. It's entirely turn based but the themes and races is obviously a blatant starcraft rip off, which is okay, because starcraft rips off warhammer 40k, which rips off Dune.

Each turn lasts 24 hours and you can have multiple games going at one time, so you check your app, take your turns when its time, so it can be pretty casual if you want it to be, but there's leaderboards and tournies as well.

Go big or go home.

Friendly reminder that when RA2 was new it was rightfully criticised for going from tongue-in-cheek reds vs. yanks alternative universe into full on lolrandumb territory. That and RA2 was the game that started the rushes, micromanagement craze and the like, not SC. SC just contributed a larger share to make it industry standard.

Scratch that, I mixed up the release years of BW and RA2 because RA2 somehow got popular around these parts before SC somehow.

How are you so incompetent you break something that worked just fine
Even SC2 runs in wine

Whether a game works in Wine or not depends on what Windows API it calls. Starcraft 1.18 was rewritten for modern Windows, and if those APIs are not implemented by Wine it won't work. Starcraft II uses an entirely different engine.

so did they censored the game for those current year +2 sensibilities?
im glad the magistrate didnt appear in starcraft 2 or any of the commanders the player controlled for each faction

They censored game chat.

Why are you glad the magistrate didn't appear?
And they retconned Artanis as the executor
disgusting

Probably because how shit SC2 turned out. At least now we can be secure that the magistrate didn't have a hand to play in any of Jimmy's retardedness

Someone should've whipped her as soon as she opened her mouth.

Has anyone brrn watching the starcradt ai tournament? I could never really get the appeal of comp scbw but this is really cool

It was nothing like Starcraft, even where you draw the most direct comparisons.
Warcraft and Starcraft aren't the only games that have multiple races with mechanical differences, but apparently that's indicative of Starcrafts influence?
And by extension that doesn't even contribute to the killing of RTS

Majority of those games existed before the console and were ported to it, rather than being designed with it in mind.

There is no battle.net client required for the original Starcraft, singleplayer or multiplayer. It uses the same (but updated) online interface as it did when it launched. There is no additional installations required. Anyone who says otherwise was either misinformed or just being a shit.

Unfortunately the online is still mega fucking dead and I can't play any of my old favorite UMS maps, and all of my friends legitimately only play Call of Duty or ass-faggots and won't download it. The only UMS maps I see are all micro-practice shit, and nobody joins anything I host. I miss the online in 2000, where there were tons of RPGs and defense maps, maps like Zone Control, Smash TV, Hydra Rancher, etc.

Recommend me a fun UMS map that I can play alone that's not about teaching me how to micro a Dragoon.

I'd run it in a VM if I wanted to, but the only people I'd get to play with would be faggots like you.

Eat shit

Fuck, I miss old rts games