Fighting Game General: Ryu-ko Edition

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
The new version comes with new characters. Enkidu is a master of the ancient martial arts voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi. Cross-platform online play is supported between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Other changes include the addition of Tutorial and Mission modes, and character balance adjustments.

Blazblue Central Fiction is coming to steam April 25th. The game requires 52 gb of storage space.

New beta test confirmed at the end of April. New character and CFN/balance patch are delayed.
SFII Thailand stage confirmed as new DLC. April Fools costumes for Juri, Chun-Li and Ryu will also be released as premium costumes on April 25th.
Eleague will be hosting a special celebrity showdown this Friday April 28th. Such celebs include Shaq, Lupe Fiasco, and people who don't matter.

Whip, Yamazaki, Vanessa and Rock Howard were releaed on PSN. Version 2.0 released with system changes and character balancing on the Patch notes: snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.00_en.pdf
New costumes for Kula, Angel, Meitenkun and Sylvie were released.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. KOFXIII, 98UMFE and 2002UM on Steam are all based on their arcade versions

The game will be released on 05/16/2017.
Last regular character will be revealed at the end of the month.
Microtransaction model confirmed to only affects colors and fast unlock stuff that can be normally unlocked by playing the game.
Darkseid is preorder exclusive at release. PowerGirl, Zoom and John Stewart are special skins available on some pre-order bundles.

Rev2 was released at the arcades. The console version will be released in Japan on May 25th, May 26th in North America.
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.

Ultimates are being added to the game for selecterd characters. Riptor Ultimate was revealed: youtube.com/watch?v=kQSPA_Od4vY

Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Harada is asking who the fans wants to be in the game.
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. The game will be released on June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character. She will be put as a regular DLC a month later.

Halloween costume submission is up: teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/designerschallenge2017.html
New Maiden Costume set available for every girl except Mai, Sarah and Pai: youtube.com/watch?v=iWqq1yHR2cg

EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Arika did an event as an April's fools joke with a tech demo of a new fighting game with their SFEX characters: youtube.com/watch?v=o2x8c-RFGnA They don't deny continuing the project if they acquire budget.
Eternal Champions
Producer Michael Latham wants to know if people want a new game: forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214286/eternal-champions-official-soul-successor-vote-now

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/6X4nH
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
youtube.com/watch?v=rGS9_wChmQs&t=34m
p.teknik.io/Raw/hVNJM
mega.nz/#!38UATJ4a!DFCKCn76W1NOZXMSldQottBaiulQNQkU1Cs9u14ZLaY
docs.google.com/document/d/1p3jTU36PYg2vvGAOmasYF17ZXQ03_ZccWYy5c13LBfk/edit
archive.is/PwF3D
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCAA83A19C51B7395
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL444022DA3F02D253
youtube.com/user/Lionx/playlists
gamefaqs.com/arcade/562704-capcom-vs-snk-2/faqs/24355
gamefaqs.com/arcade/562704-capcom-vs-snk-2/faqs/15064
eventhubs.com/news/2017/apr/25/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-inputs-simplified-according-reliable-source-dragon-punch-command-reportedly-down-down-punch/
archive.is/tJSrh
vid.me/EV6z
store.steampowered.com/app/586140/BlazBlue_Centralfiction/
eventhubs.com/images/2017/apr/26/joker-injustice-2/
shoryuken.com/2017/04/26/street-fighter-vs-new-temple-hideout-stage-removed-from-the-shop-bgm-may-be-at-fault/
archive.is/AMHvJ#selection-545.39-545.73
gamebillet.com/tekken-7?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7
snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.01_en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you have any mains in fighting games, why not post them?

It's not an Ryo thread without some Ichigeki Hissatsu

Also archive of the last thread: archive.is/6X4nH

KSB is next weekend.

finally made it
some people may recognise
I'm out of practice for every single game because I cannot mentally operate in almost any amount of lag and my internet is shit, I no longer have access to a game and there's nobody to play with locally that takes any of the games seriously
and I dont feel much point sitting in training mode when I can just fire up another game more suited for one person and have fun quicker

save me

How is that KOFXIX arcade converaion going? Have they gave us any time frame yet?

ho lollato

Mikadok is such a crazy guy

Also, there's been a few locketsts around Japan but no date was given.

Looks like you took your time to make your SFV main slot.
Also about lag, do you have problems with Fightcade? I think as long as you're wired and have a somewhat decent latency, the speed is irrelevant.

Yeah, the game is really well animated and I think the lightning and way the sprites only partially are on top of each other instead of the last attacking being full on top of the other one (like Cerebella's hat always on the second plane) make this one of the best 2D game animatedwise. But sure, living in fucking San Francisco and MikeZ crazy idea of hitboxes probably made the game more expensive than it should have. I wish they did ask for Sony/Marvelous/ArcSys later for money to make another character instead of the fully voiced/japanese audio thing.

Also didn't you post some kind of music yesterday here? I was sleepy so didn't get my time do listen.

made a thing

Skullgirls was still pretty cheap compared to other fighting games. Game budget until launch was around $2m if memory serves, you get two or three SF4 characters for the same price. And you get what you pay for, to an extent

They got massively overcrowdfunded beyond their expectations, hard to chart how many free picks will actually end up being picked. Free picks also milk the cow harder.

Under night late was pretty good, hope latest comes to pc. Don't want to buy a play station only for it.

Who is the Tekken girl? I don't recognize that outfit on a girl looking like that, granted i've barely touched the Tag Tournament games.

JayCee from Tag 2, it's Julia in a luchadora outfit.

Certainly a hell of a lot easier than everything else, since I'm apparently bad at image editing.
I don't even like the game now, it's just there because I really enjoyed Urien for a moment and then stopped because of their shitty fucking netcode.
It's barely passable against other australians since all of us have shit net one way or another and I repulse every time I see a rollback occur

That would explain it, it also explains why it felt like i should know who that was.

Well, so, if we get a PC version, it will probably happen in the end of the year I guess.

So, if they made a PC version, it will.probably happen in Q4 or next year.

I like Skullgirls. For better or worse, it tried something really new in the west and was well made for such small studio. It have problems, but it was the first game they made, and the only one so far, so it was a damn good start, and left a standing impression.

marvel 2 and 3 already existed

Classic or New Generation?

So what? It wasn't made in the west, it was a crazy mix of characters, almost mugen level broken. It was fun, and, in a way, was improved on MvsC3, but Skullgirls and MvsC3 were in development at the same time, so, I wouldn't count that.
By the way, tag team games existed prior to both mvsc, it's not like they really created, or defined the genre. They just used the strongest characters in the market. Brand recognition is the true power of those games.

Skullgirls is literally 99% MvC2's system, the 1% being MikeZ's desperate attempts to fix an inherently broken system that he STILL has an autistic obsession over.

Feels bad man

This is me, but with Jagi for hokuto and Avdol for Heritage

So when are they gonna do that six star pc port crowdfunding thing? I'll be a good goy and throw enough money for a digital copy

Wow, you're also an unaccompanied bearded child refugee?

What are the yellow for anyway? I saw yellow and green being used in mugen way back when (like 10 years ago), didn't seem to do anything.

Don't remember much about MUGEN but I think it's the clash hitbox of Arcana Heart.

Yeah, even if the reset-heavy focus is not my thing, I like the game. It's just that feeling of being incomplete that will remain on the game that I don't like. The story is left open with no closure and Eliza's story looks really out of place and over the top.

The bearded child part, I am neither a refugee or unaccompanied. ;^)

Brainiac: Bionic Bad Bald Busting Big Boys by Blue Beams!

Yeah, I got a couple of music tracks for my game. Have a listen and tell me what you think of them. I removed the post because I forgot I couldn't post two of them.

Among indie fighting games, Skullgirls was super expensive. In fact I think it's questionable as to whether or not SG can even be called an indie game but that's another debate entirely.

What I particularly hate about SG's expenditures is that Mike Z managed to convince everyone else that this is how expensive it is to make any sort of fighting game, which is simply a flat out lie. Not sure why he did this as it would only discourage future aspiring indies that look up to him. His game is expensive precisely because he and his team decided they wanted to show off, not because that's how much it normally costs. They needed money to fill the game with unnecessary and redundant frames of animation. He managed to convince people that his excessive spending is actually how much it normally costs and he's a huge asshole for that.

Second OST track.

It hasn't been indie since they were picked up by Autumn.

AM I SUPPOSED TO BE AROUSED WHILE PICKING MY CHARACTER?

Who are your favourite commentators? I only know of Ketchup and Mustard

Would fit well in Artzie Music. Nice!

I can't deny you chose well your musician. It's sounding pretty good. I would take it for a ride and even call it a true love makin'.

Yeah, it also had Konami involved at first. Remeber they had some music made by the composer of SOTN, so, indie is more in the fact that they are a small company and not owned by a publisher, I guess.
But, I would say you are really wrong about the fact that he pushed indie fighting games back. In fact, I could say it's the contrary. TRAF, Pocket Rumble, LASTFIGHT, your game, Cerebrawl, Battle High 2 and Combat Core are all western indie fighting games that were developed or being developed after Skullgirls was launched. Many used crowdfunding too. Hell, I'm probably missing some. I mean, this is fantastic, and, I hope the indie fighting scene grows stronger, so, even with all of it's problems, SKG helped to show that western fighting games do have a chance to grow. Even in Japan.

And Cerebrawl new character.

Yes

Vantage might've appeared on Artzie Music, he is known in that community.

In any case, he's been great so far, but he's not the only composer lined up to do music for us. We have one more and he's been busy as he has a fairly big game coming out soon, which is why I'm glad I managed to nab him before his prices shot up.

I'm not saying he pushed indie fighters back, I'm saying he blatantly misrepresented the cost of making them. I've argued with people on fighting game forums who swallowed his bullshit unquestioningly and parroted his same talking points that these games cost millions and that all indie fighting devs are going to have their "dreams shattered" because without spending millions, they will not gain any publicity or get any work done on their game. Believe it or not he has absolutely convinced people that his word is gospel and he's developed a miniature cult of personality in the FGC.

He has followers on Shoryuken who parrot his every word, who have never developed games and are only going by his "promise" that this is how much it costs to make games, but yes, there are people out there who do believe his every word and use it as an excuse for not getting into game development. It's ridiculous.

I wish instead of trials and all the glitz they put into the game after the IGG they put in a new character as well. And make it one of the ones they need for Alex's canon story mode.

I don't think SG has ever been considered Indie once the release came out and it's not the reason Indie devs might have misconceptions of how much it takes to fund a game. Crowdfunding in general has done more damage to the image Indie games have regarding funding than anything else I can think of. Large stretch goals with games that underdeliver. That being said why do you think the costs of SG are too large? The game clearly has a lot of assets that need to be made and they still have a staff to pay. I was under the impression that they have been working with less money than what would be considered "normal" for a studio of that time and there was the constant statements of how the IGG campaign was done on a lot of good faith because the funds weren't as much as they wanted.

That's fucking groovy.

They definitely are. The devs don't fit the definition considering the vast swaths of money they inhale to make a game, but they are "independent" and they cavort with the SanFran clique enough. You might not have been close enough to their thralls to see the language they used during the Angry Brown Girl IGG, but the public definitely perceives them as indie, whatever that means.
Their studio is headquartered in one of the most expensive urban environments in the United States. If they moved their shit to Oakland, California (all of a 6hr drive) and lived out of a single house, then they probably could have shaved half a million dollars off the Angry Brown Girl IGG.

Furthemore, all the people involved are professional, commercial artists. The wording on the IGG page for Angry Brown Girl carried the connotation they would be out of a job unless everyone banded together to give them a spirit bomb of money, but almost anyone at the company could find work given their skills.

Well that's just plain wrong. SG has a shitload of fanboys that insist up and down that it's an indie game and won't be convinced otherwise no matter how much you argue with them. I'm not saying it's the "sole reason" indie devs might have misconceptions about how much gamedev costs, but I'm saying Mike Z certainly did not help at all with his misinformation.

SG didn't really "pave the way" for any indie developers at all like you said it did. I was working on GigaMaidens before I even knew Skullgirls existed. Many of these other devs like the Punch Planet dev also had engines in development without any awareness of SG.

I already said why their costs are too large. Because they want to show off. Hence they absolutely "need" to have thousands of redundant frames of animation where significantly less would suffice. Third Strike has like 1/6th of the animations in SG and it looks fine, it still moves fluidly and animates really well. There is no reason for there to be thousands of frames per character, but they did it anyways, and that costs a lot of time and money. They had to hand draw everything, clean it up, shade it, and apply hitboxes to it, as well as time it for inclusion in the game. And none of the animations they do are practical or reasonable, the animators have to keep track of like a billion different lines of motion in each movement, draw them shapeshifting and shooting blood out of their ass that turns into a crocodile head and all sorts of things of that nature. That alone bloated their development costs.

Wow, now THAT'S my kinda game.

Well, shit! Now you really got my support even if you ripped off 2P Cham-Cham. :^)

They also wanted their princely lives in Commiefornia. And it went beyond animation - Eliza alone has 4 well known VAs for pointless one-liners. Little wonder that when Beowulf came, he was voiced by a nobody and his theme wasn't composed by Yamane.

Try going on the SG board and disagree with something he says. A e-lynching if I ever saw one.

My bounceball brother knows what's up.

I'm very confused on this because everything says they are independent except for the massive funding they have received by publishers. They have worked with Autumn, Marvelous, Konami, and whoever helped fund Indivisible by shelling out millions of dollars once they made their stretch goals. The only thing that would make them independent is that they aren't tied down to a single publisher. But I would never consider them "indie" in the sense like Dingaling is Indie.

They are a small studio that has either a A or AA status. I'm not sure what separates one A from the other.

However: The public seeing them as "indie" is people being retarded, but at the same time I can't discount how them being perceived as "indie" would hurt actual indie games that don't get millions in donations and funding.

I'm having a disconnect because if the fans are the ones pushing the "indie" angle and not the devs than you really have a problem with the SG community and how they have pushed the games image. Which is completely fair. I'm a member of the forums and have been for years and I know that people want the game to be taken more seriously than it is by the general FGC, as well as the normalfag crowd.

I'm not the "pave the way" guy. I think the Japanese Doujin scene and companies like French Bread did more to make small studio fighters popular. I don't know why the west doesn't have more of them but SG is a fairly big milestone in that regard because I can't really think of any western small studio fighters prior to that. And given that after SG you started to see the Divekicks and such come out I won't fault anyone for thinking that SG did start some sort of mini-trend within western fighters.

We really only had MK and Killer Instinct while Capcom and Japan in general made all the bigger names in the genre.

I agree. But at the same time I can tell you that SG is one of the most fluid games I've seen and the extra frames actually do something for me. Third Strike looks fluid at points, but you also see where they cut back or cut corners. Dark Stalkers is probably the best-looking fighter I can think of but it also has some questionable sprite designs like L. Raptor which makes even his good animations look offputting. I believe there is some tweening involved.

Is it a waste? That's subjective and speaking as just a player, I understand the budget increases for the extra work but if that's the standard they want to set let them deal with the consequences.

That being said if they did lower the frame count they could have allocated more money to things like improving UI (One pet peeve I have is the lack of secondary meters for unique resources), maybe squeezed out a new character, or whatever. I will fully admit that they botched the IGG campaign and made some questionable decisions related to handling the votes (they switched styles between the first and second), their community managers aren't the best. And Mike in particular says way too much some times and is generally snobbish about his game.

So what I'm saying is; I forgot to account for the general image the game has, I don't think of it as representative of "indie" budgets. But I'm not the majority.

Sega won't be able to avoid porting Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

C'MON SEGA WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL WAITING FOR? I SHOULD'VE BEEN PLAYING VF5:FS ON MY PC YEARS AGO, AT THIS POINT THEY'LL PORT ALL THE YAKUZA GAMES BEFORE THEY'LL PORT FINAL SHOWDOWN not that I'd complain that much if they ported the Yakuza games, honestly

postan
only change is in one of my Kof14 secondary teams Geese and Zarina switched places.
I might switch Zarina out for Vanessa at some point though, I haven't really touched her yet in 14.

pretty nice music, I dig it.

For yinz who have made sticks in the past, where do you source your boxes?
If you use wood, where do you get it? If not, what else do you use?

So as far as Vs. games go,

Tatsunoko vs capcom or MVC3?

TvC by far. Better roster and Baroque system is far less bullshit/fun than X-Factor.

Is there a question?

Do you love Vanessa?

she's okay for an old lady

Shut up, Rock. You're only in this game because Max gave Oda the best blowjob of his life.

Get the fuck out Rock.

I would lick her armpits

Who has tastiest armpits of any FG girl?

I guess birds of a feather flock together, I would know. you guys can talk about being over the hill on >>>/milfs/ while the rest of us who aren't at deaths doorstep can have a good time.

She's alright, I prefer Shermie, Kasumi and Wild Leona as snk waifus tho

Looks cool.

what's baroque?

copy&pasted because I'm too lazy to type all this shit out;
Baroque Mode is a special technique done by pressing the Partner button + any Attack button. It sacrifices the red portion of your life gauge, cancelling your current attack animation (it can't cancel Hypers though) and making you flash a rainbow of colors. When in Baroque Mode, you'll deal extra damage depending on how big your red life was when you sacrificed it.

The main tactical usage it is a Baroque Combo: You can cancel a combo in progress (like say, cancel it before the final few hits that are meant to knock the opponent away), then restart it again, completing it all the way this time. This results in a longer combo than usual, with extra damage. Another use is a Baroque Cancel: Cancel an attack you're doing that you know you're going to miss. For example: If you use one of PTX-40A's really slow moves and you know the opponent is gonna dodge and punish you, you can use Baroque to cancel the move & go back to a neutral position before it happens.

Baroque ends when you don't do anything (if you activate it without the intent to combo, or if you stop attacking for a second) or if you activate a Hyper Move (I don't believe the bonus Baroque damage transfers to the Hyper, either).

The greatest musical genre ever conceived.

A first person Roguelike Hack and Slash game for the Sega Saturn, PS1 that was ported and brought to the third person on the PS2 & Wii. Known for having a very obfuscated story and gothic imagery. I sank a lot of time into the Wii version and it stands as one of the most interesting games I've ever played to this date.

Great game. 2nd Best St!ng game.

Who shall die?

Who shall die?

I do not want to die

Then I shall die.

What's the first?

Riviera

Not Elena's legpits (back of the knees)

>>>/ara/

New Them's Fightin' Herds work stream if you're interested.

Reminder that there's a Discord. Feel free to join, we all play together, shitpost together and bully each other.

Link here: discord.gg/DbHMSCd

Whoever's the OP he should remind people that nearly noone is using the steam group since most of us moved to Discord. If a link is provided even better, the previous one is set to never expire so you may use it.

Mizuki's gonna be in KoF as DLC right?

Of course, she will be teamed with Chizuru and Akari!

I sure would like a new scenario like Krauser had with a symphony in the background playing something like this.

In the end, they are a small studio doing what they wanted to do, for better or worse, that's pretty great in this day and age. They deliver a game with problems, but it sure had a special flavor to it that was evident. It could be much better if they had focuses on 2-on-2 Tag Teams with special strikers, like the first MvsC, keep it only girls, and let it be Ahad's Wild Hide it was intended. But we got something memorable.

Frankly, that's their fault. Even more now that we see smaller teams, with very thigh budgets delivering good stuff. If they REALLY wanted to develop something, they would at least try. The TRAF guys were asking for less than 40 grand, and had a failed crowdfunding before they got their chance. That's the determination of someone who wants to make something. And I do hope you are this type of person too, because I really want to try your game.

No but she'll be in the SamSho. I hope.

That particular track is remixed in The Rumble Fish for the final boss theme. TRF2 remixes Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (I was hoping I could track a rip of it now that the game's emulatable).
The Senran Kagura games also use samples of classical pieces in some OSTs, including Mozart's Requiem.
I really wish more games used remixes of classical tunes and, on a different style, Bossa Nova (FANG's theme in SFV aaaalmost comes close). In any case, I'm already intrigued by GigaDev's game for a possible retrosynthwave/future funk OST.

The true genius of the Baroque system is how it balances risk and reward. It's far more balanced than X-Factor, and it's design allows it to be used multiple times through a round.

Best Comeback mechanic I've seen in fighting games.

No, but I'll tell you what is gonna happen;

I don't get it, but whatever, there's no place on Elena I wouldn't lick.

Barring life problems or even my own death, I'm gonna try my hardest to get my game done.

Oh well. Am I the only one who thinks the Ultimates in KI kind of suck? they all have that "heroic brutality" feel from MK vs DC.

I still can't believe both games were not release at least on PSN/Live/Steam. I would get both, on launch!
But about the OST, I really wanted that Nilin to be in MvsC 3 because it would be a chance to see more of her OST. The way they remixed and "glitched" the orchestra was really amazing in some parts, and I think it could had been much better explored. And it was in frog.
But I agree, there are so many styles to be explored. Here in Brazil we have plenty that could work well.

Good luck and have fun.

Well double 9, have you seen the game? It's rated T. Just like MKvsDC.

I'm a Blue Mary kinda guy. Honorable mention to Chizuru and I guess Athena.

Yeah it's rated T, but I just feel they could have done better? I guess a better way to put it is they most don't have oomf imo. Could have oomf and still be T.

I don't have anything against 3 man teams, although I did enjoy the 2 man teams of MvC and TvC. Personally I would like it if they retooled solo, maybe gave it a controlled burst Ala Guiltly Gear as opposed to an IPS triggered Burst. Anything to better compensate for the lack of alpha counters, assists, and pressure. I'm perfectly fine with male cast members and Adam was my underdog Vote for the IGG. Starting on Big Band though was probably a poor decision. They should have made that slot one of the 3 characters they needed and then proceeded with the votes. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have put in Umbrella instead. She's become the unofficial mascot of the game at tourneys. Her mechanics and concept art all look/sound good. And despite Parasoul being a character, I don't think they would have overlapped even though both have umbrellas as weapons. And if Memory serves, Umbrella was one of the original characters to be included in the game during it's alpha stage.

That aside; giving Alex some more say would be an overall benefit, even if it means stomaching some of the more egregious fanservice elements. His story should have been a priority and lacking a Canon story mode is a black mark on a "finished' game.

which skullgirl gets made into a giant and fights a gigamaiden

dev screen related

Double

An old sci-fi inspired Mecha Fortune

Mecha Marie or Giant Eliza: youtube.com/watch?v=rGS9_wChmQs&t=34m . Or maybe Giant RoboFortune with MsFortune as pilot. like said. Or just the one you hate/like the most depending if you want to gore it up or not. By the way, I liked the music

Also what are those two bars for?

I hope we get to see MuiMui in Nakoruru's story in the next SamSho or even make her playable with a chinese sword because why not?

Terry really didn't teach any manners to that kid,

Oh, the two bars are for special attacks. The moment the bottom one fills up, you can use it for a super, or start building up the top bar. If both bars are full you can spend both for an ultimate attack. You build them in the usual way (attacking/getting attacked).

I don't particularly like gore so I don't want to gore any of the SG's up. But I think it would be funny to see my girls interact with them. Sachi in particular is a huge bully and would insult and belittle them, despite supposedly being a "good" guy.

Is the first Injustice worth getting into? I got it for free last year and beat the story mode, but it only really caught my attention again recently. Should probably mention that I'm still fairly new at fightan.

Nah, just keep it as a game to dick around with friends. It's not worth getting heavily invested into

>tfw your friends are all meleefags
That's disappointing. Not sure what else I wanna get invested into, though. Every game I'm interested in is either dead or has no online multiplayer.

Yes, the ultimates in KI are trash. All their imagination ran out after Season 2 and they don't know what they're doing anymore.

Jago and Fulgore have the only legitimately cool ones. The rest are either stupid, weak, or just don't make sense. Worst ones are Riptor's and Sadira's.

I had suggested stuff for them to use on the KI forums but it's clear they don't want to do anything interesting with them. To be honest I knew the game was going to be ruined once I saw the hundreds of pages of fanfiction-tier lore they had written for some of the characters. Go check that out if you really want to cringe. The stuff they wrote for the story is overwritten and horrible.

I know that feel. I'm gonna be going to a tournament in a few weeks to play KoF XIV, asked my friends if they wanted to go.
They all asked if there was any smash tournaments, I said no. Now I'm going all by myself

nrs games are probably gonna be pretty dead until injustice 2 drops, so just wait for that

Every game I'm interested in is either dead or has no online multiplayer.
out of curiousity, what games i like a lot of dead games & have no one to play with, at least there's always kof

cerebella would be the most predictable,

mecha big band or robo-fortune would make sense

>the JJBA games last I checked, HFTF is pretty active on Fightcade, but not having access to a training mode scares the shit out of me
Also have a passing interest in SF4 and UMvC3, but those ones aren't dead at all as far as I'm aware, and I hardly play them.

Oh yeah, I forgot, those dudes are Skullgirls too.

I don't see what makes Cerebella predictable in this scenario though.

p.teknik.io/Raw/hVNJM
FBA Cheats for jojobane for all your training mode needs. If you can't be bothered setting it up here's an ancient FBA build + roms + cheats I already had uploaded:
mega.nz/#!38UATJ4a!DFCKCn76W1NOZXMSldQottBaiulQNQkU1Cs9u14ZLaY

never heard of the dbz one, but i like/have been meaning to get into all those games do you have steam/discord?

Sweet, thanks user.

I have Steam, yes, but I'm not joining your ERP group, user.

Interesting. But if you do a super after the top bar starts filling up, will it spend both bars or is the Ultimate bar cumulative? Also, what are Ultimates? Stronger supers or a finishing move?

If you want to get Injustice2, yeah, the battle system is pretty similar. Hope for Netherrealm to use MKXL's netcode.

So, no fear-bonner inducing girls, like Mileena, Hisako, Painwheel… I do like girls that can be both terrifying and sexy, and I'm not alone. But, OK, it's your game. I think Double would be the best choice, but animate her would be an insane challenge, so, Painwheel woind be too gory, just like Fortune. I think Filia would fit the bill well enough.
And, about the bars, if I understood correctly, whenever the bottom bar is filled, it will start to fill the top one? You know, maybe you could fill the botton bar like the Extra from KoF, or Psychic Force, by charging. In fact, I loved the risk/reward system from Psychic Force, where you could trad health for metter.

It is. The complete edition have plenty of things to do and characters to play. Get the PC version, it's always cheap.

2.01 soon

New trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

Why am I not surprised

Is it just me, or has Capcom used the SFxT business model for every fighting game since then?

I can't even brace myself for the damage control on this bullshit. There's going to be multiple idiots that are gonna pop up and say they bought the game and it was bullshit, and I'm gonna bang my head against the wall wondering why they didn't see the red flags before like the last thousand times this happens.

I'm betting the 4 of the 6 DLC characters are squirrel girl, rashid, mufasa akuma, and donte, just to show some active contempt for the consumer.

they technically didn't have disc locked characters for SFV

I can't wait to see how people defend this.

AND YOU THOUGHT CAPCOM'S JEWING WOULD BE OVER FOR THE DAY

At this point who are we to judge anymore? We're clearly not their audience

They managed to get Ken's hair looking good.
But the rest of it is trash.

One step forward, V steps back

I take it back, I'm not ready to see people defend Capcom.

This seems like a Injustice knock-off right down to the kikery…yet the battered wife brigade and the MAHVEL!tards will defend it and act as if there's nothing wrong with this.

Then again, I admit I can sing this tune as much as I want because this game doesn't interest me in the slightest.

KoF's deliberately goofy costumes somehow look better than any of this shit.

Right, and next you'll tell me they were just avoiding releasing an Ultra SFxT with the on disc dlc.

all of USF4's costumes have looked better than what they've shit out for SFV
it's almost like SFV has a major art style problem forced onto it by someone that can't tell a good game from ride to hell retribution

Dimps made SFV, and the company is made of Capcom and SNK past employees. I would bet they just said fuck it, it's just another shit for Capcom and Ono.

Wow, some of these screen shots I'm seeing are looking ROUGH.

Honestly, I hope this game fails. I really do. Capcom needs to reconsider how they make their fighting games.

The lackluster graphics
Watered down gameplay
Substantial day 1 DLC that will make up likely 1/4 of the cast

It's too fucking much

No kidding, this shit is worse than KoF XIV reveal trailer

For anyone who's interested, here's a guide to how to set up CvS2 netplay on dolphin.
docs.google.com/document/d/1p3jTU36PYg2vvGAOmasYF17ZXQ03_ZccWYy5c13LBfk/edit

KOXIV reveal was pretty fucking bad.
MvCI is bad too, but I think that's because of the shitty post-processing and chromatic aberration devs love to use nowadays

I can't abide how awful all that direct 1:1 mocapped animation is. For reference, this is what the second trailer for Marvel 3 looked like.

A lot of SFV's visual problems stem from bad 3D models and an overreliance on "realistic" animation solutions. Mika, Cammy, Ibuki, Necali, and a couple other characters have their jigglbones (hair, clothing) animated in real time as opposed to being drawn by hand. Either this was done to save time and they believe people can't tell the difference, or they're dumb enough to believe regular motion capture is the ideal way to animate because "it's real" or some similarly stupid idea. The result is problems you never had in previous games, like Mika and Ibuki's hair clipping through their faces or Necali's hair looking incredibly stupid, which is bad enough from an artistic perspective. Rashid's idle animation is the worst for this - way too many frames of animation compared to the normal attacks for much of the cast, and his GIANT FEET are constantly flopping around.

What really irks me in addition to all that is the gameplay consequences, however minor they might be. SFV is obviously very read-heavy (i.e. shallow and awful), so the visual language isn't AS important, but Necali just becomes a coloured blur after he activates V-trigger. It's even worst than his normal animations, which are already tough enough to parse due to his hair covering half to two thirds of his body at any given moment.

Warner Bros are gonna need to double down or risk becoming goyim of the eastern merchant master race because this is some hardcore kikery.

Capcom Pro Tour Costumes
- Additional Costume (“Capcom Pro Tour”): Ryu — $5.99 / € 5.99
- Additional Costume (“Capcom Pro Tour”): Ken — $5.99 / € 5.99
- Additional Costume (“Capcom Pro Tour”): Champion’s Choice Costume — $5.99 / € 5.99

Capcom Pro Tour Stage
- CPT Stage — $9.99 / € 9.99

Capcom Pro Tour Bundle
- Capcom Pro Tour 2017 Premier Pass — $24.99 / € 24.99
- Additional Costume (“Capcom Pro Tour”): Ryu
- Additional Costume (“Capcom Pro Tour”): Ken
- Additional Costume (“Capcom Pro Tour”): Champion’s Choice Costume
- Capcom Pro Tour Stage
- exclusive CPT-themed color option for all 28 characters
- 2 Titles: “Capcom Cup 2017” and “Capcom Pro Tour 2017”

They started well. The first four (Chun, Cammy, Ryu and Bipson) all looked cool and fitting but then shit happened. What kind of shit I don't know but I'll default to pointing fingers at CoA.

I don't think it's just the animations, most of the hair (see: all of it) in SFV is a big block with various indents and shapes instead of how every other modern game and even SF4 did it, where it had textures to support the depth and shine of the hair instead of getting the awkward grated cheese block you now have on Ken's "premium" costume

The worst part is I think they actually figured out the hair problem in Ken's new costume, but his legs are a fucking eyesore and I can't fully articulate what it is going on with them. They're form fitting, but Urien's pants are also form fitting and look good, so what gives?

And like that the game is dead to me.

It is true though, SFV had no characters locked on release. It took a month for Alex to come out.
The game being shit is another thing, but it never had the DLC lock bullshit on release.

Like I said, problems with the 3D models. Either set of problems would probably be bearable if the other weren't there but each magnifies the other.
He looks like King or Vanessa from KoFIV. The costume looks very womanly - maybe it's due to the flashy satin pants and suit vest?

Maybe this'll be good, I told myself. Guess it's another shit show in the making

I know, I'm just illustrating the fact that you cant trust Capcom as far as Ono can run with all this DLC kikery.

Capcom heard you talking shit about SFV Chun-li. Who's calling her ugly now?
And Morrigan looks like a fuckin' ferret.

Anyway, copy-pasting the leak:

MARVEL: Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant Character), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doctor Doom.

CAPCOM: Ryu, Rashid, Chun-Li, Zangief, Gill, Morrigan, Talbain, Tessa, Mega Man X, Sigma, Roll, Strider, Jin, Captain Commando, Edward Falcon, Asura, Gene, Dante, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Nina (BoF2), Spencer, Simon Blackquill, Phoenix Wright, Rathalos (Giant Character), Masamune Date, Batsu, June, and Frank West.

Cinematic trailer is indeed Ultron infected with the Sigma Virus and the main villain of MvCI.

Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doom are all DLC and not making the base roster.

Some Street Fighter characters might be held off on MvCI as DLC to make an X-Men vs Street Fighter DLC themed pack.

MvCI's director Norio Hirose wanted the Capcom cast from MvC to return since he programmed that. Hence why they're part of MvCI (except Mega Man is Mega Man X instead).

Ono suggested Ingrid and R. Mika for MvCI.

Combofiend suggested and got Spencer on MvCI in at his own request, as the team obliged.

Phoenix Wright was almost nixed on in favor of only Simon. The team felt he was a failed idea on UMvC3, but wanted to redeem him. They choose Simon because he's more straightforward and relevant (AA5 & 6). Franziska hasn't been on any lately, so no priority.

More than one BoF character was considered for MvCI. Bleu and Fou-Lu namely. Bleu almost got in with Nina. Katt, Rei, and Garr were all considered as well. Ryu never was. For fans of it, if you want more Breath of Fire characters later on MvCI, make noise. They'll listen.

Dante isn't based on DmC (reboot) version, but classic Dante for those who are worried. Dante isn't based on the reboot version because DMC5 will be announced in 2017.

Batsu almost got passed over in favor of Akira and Yurika as the Rival Schools rep.

Edward Falcon was included on because Power Stone fit the Infinity Stone motif AND Power Stone is coming back.

Leon was included to hype up the RE2 REmake.

They went with Tessa over a 3rd Darkstalkers character because of her storyline connection with Doctor Strange (which was previously teased on UMvC3) that they want to expand upon in a meaningful way. Both are scientists who dabble in magic with an interest in the unknown.

Masamune Date got in to appease the Japanese fanbase and garner interest from them.

Just when you think they're gonna pull out, they go back in to fuck you again.

This expression is the face of someone experiencing surprise anal sex.

Also;
If those turn out to be true, I'll give it a pirate but no way in hell am I paying for it

Holy shit what did they do? Morrigan looks slightly better than Chun but still.
Why?
Why?

There's not enough inhumans to make it true in my opinion..
We all know how much BETTER they are than that Hitler cyclops

Shit fake leak is shit

Probably going to be that new Venom with the pouches (sorry, I'm rather comic-illiterate).

Ono's a waifufag. Combofiend's just a fag.

Reading the leak more attentively, it doesn't mention Chris so this could be bogus. I'll admit I might be copy-pasting the wrong leak but I think this is the one that most found credible.

Side note, noticing that most Marvel characters are in their movie incarnations made me realize what really bugs me about this game's visuals which is having a bunch of semi-realistic movie characters fighting a bunch of cartoony characters.

Aw shit, Shrek confirmed

You wish.

archive.is/PwF3D

I'm confused, is he somehow insinuating that hidden unlockable characters are somehow a bad thing while day one dlc is perfectly acceptable?

He's saying that it's bad that games use to come complete.

You have to spend effort to unlock those characters man, he just wants to pay for them

Okay, that makes so much more sense.

technically, you paid full price for an unfinished game, which is even shittier.

It's been on sale for 50% or higher every single month since last October. I knew the sales flatlined, but this is getting depressing.
How much longer till they just give up and go full free to play?

So unlocking secret characters, for free at that, isn't expanding the roster?

Nah man, expanding the roster is only if you splash the shekalim for a brand new DLC of a character that either should've been in the game to begin with or is absolute shit tier or broken because they're rushed and nobody really playtested them.

Why don't they use Ryo's shoryuken?
Is it really bad or something?

don't be RIDICULOUS
if they were in the game to begin with it's just WORK to unlock them
we all know DLC characters are ONLY added after the game's launch and it's IMPOSSIBLE to have them in the game at release
you must HATE FIGHTING GAMES

Supers only spend the bottom bar. You cannot spend the top bar on a super, it's only there to act as surplus meter and give access to the ultimate (or "giga") attack. If you spend the bottom bar on a super, your stocks in the top bar stay there.

Giga attacks are just level 3-style cinematic supers that do a lot of damage and shrink your opponent. Each girl does a variety of cruel things to their opponent when they're shrunken, it's very amusing and sexy.

No, we do have a resident "scary" girl. It's this mushroom lady, her name is Viore. People think that this name indicates something about what she does to her opponent *ahem*, but no, it's just a name, nothing more. Don't look too much into it.

Can she lay down mushrooms which hurt the other player when she touches them like Capriccio from Fighting Layer?

Except they haven't because you can't refund it. This has to be bait.

Oh god, the graphics look just like Injustice. (In other words, fucking awful)

You watch, those 8 characters they announced are going to be the full initial roster and all the rest are going to be DLC. Cough it up, goyim

I'm happy to see that Sigma is in but not happy to see that they're dangling him as a carrot to get you to preorder the game. If you don't he gets stuck behind a paywall. Fuck off Capcom, how did you seriously not learn anything from SF5's abortion of a launch?

Looks like someone over at Sony forgot to proofread the SFV character pass description.

Who was Ed again? Some story mode npc turned fighter because Capcom can't be bothered to try anymore?

Pretty much. He's the little hooded kid that Boxer's molesting.

Yes, please, give us more shitty and stupid story NPCs as playable characters because we all want that over returning characters.

Dudley? Oro? Hugo? Q? Fuck all that, give me Gill's secretary from SF3 and Ken's wife as playable characters!

Will we be able to beat up Ken's son?

Don't you mean Kens wife's son?

In old school street fighter canon this was actually Ken's Wife's Son

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

This may not be final, but yes, she does something like that. What we have planned is has a unique mechanic that ties into destruction of buildings. She absorbs the souls of people she's killed and turns them into "spores", which do something.

What the fuck, why? New characters are fine and all but goddamn not the scraps from a shit storymode no one wanted. I bet next they'll be putting in Guile's army buddy and the golden boy's guardian.

Wait what? I thought he was just some punk that Ken decided he'd train.

Pre SF5 canon
They call him Sean Matsuda because he isn't a masters and his negro father banged kens wife and made a son before ken married her
Post SF5 canon
Obviously since Laura is also a Matsuda and refers to sean as her little brother it's obvious that Matsuda is actually some kind of japanese hispanic guy who goes around fucking women of all different races to create a race of these half breed mongrel fighters.
TBH It would actually be cool if a DLC character was Laura's dad or something you know add a little more mystery to the game instead of adding these gay story side characters

yea he is I was just making a joke since someone said Ken's wifes son and since SF pre SF5 was mostly speculation with little sprinkles of lore here and there. Kind of like how I think it's revealed in the japanese version of SFalpha that Bison fucks Cammy on the reg which is kind of like incest since isn't she a clone of bison? SF canon used to be cool now it's just a joke.

All the Season 2 characters in SF5 apart from Akuma are going to be new, and it's likely that they're all some uninteresting faggots we've seen in story mode already. You're not wrong that Guile's army buddy is highly likely to be in the roster.

Source? In that case he would be Guile's nephew.

ughhhh more dogshit then
we are going to get the loli hacker and that kid that follows Balrog around……
All I want is for them to bring back Sakura(fuck they have karin), Dan, Sagat, Adon, Decapre(fuck you I like decapre), Dudley, maybe Oro, If they are going to add another fucking Guile Clone they should bring back Remy and make him good.

no guys it's all bullshit I just made it up because it's funny
read ID's

I always just stuck to the american naming schemes
For some reason boxer and dictator doesn't really bother me but when I hear someone call Vega "Claw" it tickles my tism.

Buddy, you aren't kidding.

It's pretty amazing how badly SF5 ruined the SF story. The only thing that is slightly cool is the reveal trailer and zombie nash running around. That reveal trailer had the mystery and edge that SF was known for. That whole "If you stand in my way I'll have to kill you" then *literally teleports behind you and unleashes super move* for some reason that trailer got me hyped for the idea that the story could actually be good. SF4 kind of got a little retarded with the whole Seth thing but it wasn't totally FUBAR like SF5 is. I mean wtf is actually going on in SF5's story? There is no coherence it's unfinished. It's never explained who rashid is, what Urien is even doing, etc.
Why bother making a bunch of cutscenes if you are just going to make it shitty? Why not just have the old school story mode with just weird winquotes and ending screens, etc. SF4 did this decently with every character having a "Rival" in arcade mode and the before and after quotes it had charm to it.

The story is on par with Star Wars. Ruined the whole fucking thing with prequels and now the story is damaged beyond repair.

Fuck all from what I've gathered. It's funny you mention Rashid, because he and FANG were the only new characters I felt got a good treatment in the story. Their interactions were at least interesting and Rashid is pretty damn likable by the end. Necalli was the one that really got my goat; they spent all this time hyping him up in trailers like he was some super-powered demon that was going to be the main antag, then he shows up 2-3 times to get his ass beat before Ryu makes him melt by doing whatever. Totally disrespected what could've been a really cool character in the canon.

Sean's and Laura's dad is confirmed a Jap guy who, from looking at his spawn, obviously has jungle fever.

Leak from neoFAG:

I'd rather have Capcom not shit all over these characters.

I knew it.

Thank god all developers aren't taking this approach to fighting games.

this better be untrue

Absolute blasphemy. This better not be true.

Akatsuki Blitzkampf was a visionary game. Who'd have thought.

I honestly think there's never gonna be another fighting game with no bullshit ever again.

Here's hoping, though it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given modern Cuckcom.

Please be fucking real. I never wanted a leak to be this real this badly before.
I want to die laughing

I'm right with you. I'm ready to enter a new world of capcucking

>mfw shitaku et al. write another article on how shit's still too hard and (((problematic)))

you've gone too far

I wouldn't be surprised if mainstream fighters devolved to the point where you do juggles or combos by just mashing and the most complicated motion for every character is a double tap motion.
Then we'd kidnap all the "new blood" and lock them in a room with just a TV, their choice or either arcade stick or pad, a PS3 with Final Showdown in it and the stipulation that they can't leave the room until they manage to do Akira's complete four move guard breaker string (you know the one).
How many do you think will make it?

why

why not

WTF!!
We already have corner corner as a shortcut are people really this fucking dumb??

Isn't SF5 a prequel to SF3
And isn't SF4 a prequel to SF2?
Making SF5 a prequel to 3 is pretty retarded. I guess it explains why Bison and friends are gone from SF3 though. They could of just made SF5 a sequel to 3 and then put bison and friends back into the picture instead of killing bison(then again I guess you really can't kill bison because he somehow manages to survive everything no matter what) a Sequel to 3 would of been a much more interesting prospect even relative to the characters that they decided to include.

It's supposed to be only a 20GB download.

runs better than some legit games ime
worth noting that this is the eo version so roll canceling was patched out.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCAA83A19C51B7395

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL444022DA3F02D253

youtube.com/user/Lionx/playlists

gamefaqs.com/arcade/562704-capcom-vs-snk-2/faqs/24355

gamefaqs.com/arcade/562704-capcom-vs-snk-2/faqs/15064

SF4 is a prequel to SF3 but sequel to SF2.
SF5 is a sequel to SF4 but still a prequel to SF3.
I don't see why SF4 couldn't have been a sequel to SF2 and 3 with Bison returning and maybe SIN is former Illuminati members trying to recoup under the guise of working with Bison but in reality they're trying to resurrect Gill and that to be the plot of SFV, yeah I spent 1 minute of farting this out my head but it's better than what's going on in the "plot" as of now just cramming every new game in between SF2 and 3.
but don't worry SF6 will explain where Alex bought his overalls he wears in SF3 and Dudley making the last payments on his car.

That's because you're putting more effort into it.

Press F to pay respects for mahvel

Mahvel was never good.

mahvel has been dead for a while. This is just parading the corpse

Any drawfags in here?

If so, could you please draw Sachi here with a disgusted look on her face, reacting to something like the MVCI news?

I'd do it myself but I'm a little busy

Neat

I just got a 7.9GB update for SF5 what did they add?

Nothing that fixes the game

thailand stage
dont know about anything else

This. All the MvC games were shitty trash. Didn't Capcom fuck up the UMvC3 re-release?

I dunno, I liked TVC and the pre-MVC2 games. I was hoping this would be a return to form for that.

Anyways, I'm not sure if Capcom fucked up the UMVC3 release, I got the Steam version and it played just fine (other than a few sound effects glitches here and there).

Outside of not doing a new balance patch the game badly needs, not really. It's a borderline copy & paste.

TvC is a legit great game, Pre-MvC2 games were solid but nothing special. MvC2 and onward is where the shitshow shines

MSH is still my favorite in the series. Just a classic, good old Capcom game with great music and sound effects. Even if infinites are a bit of a problem, I still like how over-the-top it is. I would like another 1v1 Marvel fighter in this style, but that's probably never going to happen.

another 1v1 marvel style fighter would be great, but the closest thing we have to that now is 1v1 Skullgirls.

>She absorbs the souls of people she's killed and turns them into "spores", which do something.
Pic related.

Johnny Cage got a spot in a Marvel game?

Absolutely fucking incredible.

MSH and MvC1 are the only Marvel fighters from capcom that I feel worth going back to from time to time. Thank god they're on fightcade

What do you guys think of Xmen Vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter

pls no bully

Gameplay wasn't anything special, I hated the rosters in both of them because I really don't give a shit about SF outside the EX games

Heehee

I like it! Thanks!

IDK I was just playing it one day because my bowling alley actually has a xmen vs. street fighter machine and I also have fightcade. I was fucking around with the games a little bit but I'm more familiar with street fighter like games and SNK shit and I just don't understand how any of the mechanics work in this type of game.

you mean like this?
eventhubs.com/news/2017/apr/25/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-inputs-simplified-according-reliable-source-dragon-punch-command-reportedly-down-down-punch/
that site archives like anus

It had to be done.

It needs Ken's stupid SFV grin.

Doesn't look bad to me outside the "More on EventHubs…" being stretched the fuck out
archive.is/tJSrh

I was using archive.org like a fag

UGH THICKER

There is some nice stuff so far.

Yes tbh famarino

Poison Ivy is the best looking female model they've made. Finally a good one.

And some combos.

Frankly, all models improved, with Canary and Harley also pretty good. I just hated how they, again, seems to be using the same bodies for the ladies, as they did in mk.

Damn this weak spot for redheads and if she had short, slightly unkempt hair I'd be dead.

Nice to see they're still doing character specific intros.

With Tekken 7 coming out in >2 months, I'd say it's time we start asking the big questions.
Asuka or Lili?

Yeah I can see that. I think it's shitty that they seem to be reusing specials and animations from MKX. Funnily enough MKX reused Injustice specials.

Also Black Adam just looks like some guy now. I'm digging Cheetah more now.

Asuka because I'm not into femdom.

Lili, ojous are hard to resist.

I'd fuck Asuka but I want to be Lili

Well, you're lucky she likes keeping herself tidy and clean.

Leo tbh

Anyone wanna play some dank MK9?

Lili of course.
I just love her legs

LOL

It's the mudslimes' fault SFV sucks, I knew it.

the signs were there but I never would have guessed one of my top favorite vidya characters is a mudslime

With Rashid being released on 9/11 and his stage being a plane flying around a city there must be some mud troll at capcom.

Bugfix-only patch?

wth

Boxer likes boys like that?

See pic attached

But gingers have no soul

why is she so perfect Holla Forums?

at least this gives me some time to keep thinking about whether I really want to buy an anime dasher that's going to be dead in a few weeks.

how are the netcode for these games typically? I don't mind going out of my way to find matches, although it does kind of suck, but if the netcode stinks maybe I just wont' bother.

Poor Smug

Dat smile!

They jewed hard last cpt as well, charged you for sweden colors and a shitty boxing ring with re-used assets.

Is Injustice 2 having another beta atm or something? I'm seeing lots of Injustice 2 things on my jewtube subscriptions

Seems like they are allowing some jewtubers are getting access to the almost launching version.

Where? When? You need to be more specific.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO meme

they needed a giant character

female deadpool mary sue.

Now I know you're lying.

no fucking way.

Anna

This is why I can't bring myself to truly hate Capcom.

Just copy-pasted the alleged leak that made the most rounds.
I don't believe much of it - there's nothing to gain by adding Gene, June and Tessa because they're from dead IPs; they won't add MonHun characters because the MonHun team won't let them; I don't think they'll add Masamune because this game isn't for the nip market and Basara is never coming to the West again etc etc. My modest two cents - this game's roster will be a glorified commercial for whatever Capcom and Marvel are doing. Every character is a freakin' ad.

How much would it cost total to play SFV online with all the characters?

Just got a PS4 and don't have PS+, so I assume I'd have to buy game, character pass, AND PS+.

looks like it's on sale on PSN right now, but only for PSN+ members.

deluxe edition, with season 1 and season 2, for $39.99

honestly, as someone who paid full price for all of it, that makes me salty.

you need to get PSN+ first though to get the deal. overall, that's good deal imo. like fucking annoyingly good.

So, the game will have quite a bit of single player content. This is good news, this mode with modifiers can be a good time sinker. And we can also have a look in the selection screen almost complete, I think it's only missing Joker and Darkseid. The mode reminded me of World Tour from SFA3.

Why does she look so fucked up?

wow, they took down the mvci leaked footage so fast.

looks more fun than I was expecting tbh, looks kind of iffy graphically though.

Here pal: vid.me/EV6z

Thor's face isn't any better.

She straight up looks like slender man. Her head is way too small for that body, her arms are freakishly long, complete lack of emotion on the face, body like a fridge, tits that grow from her midsection and she has red kangaroo thighs or whatever those tumors are supposed to be.

So they really are like grooves then.
uh oh

Look at everyone's face in these pics

It's like they hired Mass Effect Andromeda facial animators to do the job.

So, stones are something like "loadouts" and depending on which one you choose you change your abilities?

If you mean Agent Venom, that's good! He could use some video game exposure. Unless it's the pic-related version of course.

They dropped Agent Venom. He's back with Brock now.

So, he'd be Chris with a Venom costume then? No thanks

Other big things:
Could it be okay?

It will probably be worth a pirate at the very best like post patch SFxT. MvC3 looked like it had potential before release and it still ended up a mess, plus it's Capcom so they're bound to fuck it up before release like they've done with every fighter they've release since TvC.

was that referencing the superman animated series

Central Fiction is out
store.steampowered.com/app/586140/BlazBlue_Centralfiction/

Kof14 PC when

new screenshot

11/10
I really hope they update the UI before launch. SFV looked clean if nothing else, but this is too barren.

Didn't Injustice have a mobile version? Could be something like that

The fucking Thor and Hulk costumes are striaght from the new Thor movie.

What did you expect? The game isn't being made for fans, it's being made to shill the MCU

To be fair, that Hulk costume is also straight from some of the covers of Planet Hulk which came out 10-11 years ago.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Joker confirmed in quite possibly the sorriest gameplay exhibition in History.

It's gone…

Tried archiving the page but the gif doesn't load properly.

eventhubs.com/images/2017/apr/26/joker-injustice-2/

So Erron Black?

I would not be surprised if this is a new Joker. But, Oliver says he is not from that dimension, so, maybe, he is also the old Joker that managed to return, because, why the hell not?

It's possible there are more than two dimensions, so he might be different from both

LOL

Can't wait for all the new autistic qt memes we'll get from this.

Is bandai namco the only fighting game studio that knows how to model hot women?

Like I could understand SNK having bad models for KoF XIV pre-launch, but this shit is backed by one of the biggest corporations in the world.
If this is what the early models despite having Disney money pumped into it, then it just shows how much of a rushed piece of shit it will be. It blatantly shows how capcom is just pumping it out to replace SFV

No

Hardly.

It's like someone tried to draw a realistic nose in an animu face.

So, is today, leak day?

Also, is this a normal trait of Catwoman or gear specific?

If you're into volleyball player bods, I guess.
It's a little pointless when T7 is missing best girl, the new ones are trash and the vets seem to shop at the same place as SFV Ken.

I don't think Capcom is going through the same shit as Bioware but it wouldn't surprise me if their better people got poached by the competition or if this is their smart ass exploitation of interns and people without steady contracts coming back to bite them in the ass. Maybe both.

I admit I miss the art style that gave her somewhat eerie features but I'm partly glad they didn't try to recreate that here because I'm sure she'd be nightmare fuel.

THE THAILAND STAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE ONLINE STORE
shoryuken.com/2017/04/26/street-fighter-vs-new-temple-hideout-stage-removed-from-the-shop-bgm-may-be-at-fault/

most if not all of sfv's models were outsourced to volta, this is probably still the case. it's a shame they can't outsource to a competent developer

MAKE CAPCOM DIMPS AGAIN

We already know that's been happening for the past few year, namely a bunch of their employees jumped the ship to SNK and some to Arc System Works.

BISON CONFIRMED FOR BEING MUSLIM

Better take that shit down before some peaceful, tolerant muslim stops by their office to reasonably argue against it.

Somebody just get Itsuno and crash the damn thing with no survivors.
I maintain they have good artists and composers but keep them locked in the cellar or have them do shit that doesn't fit their experienc.

Our good friend at AllGamesDelta snagged this before it was nuked. Gameplay looks like ass.

That's an amazing Flash right there

Fucking reddit

It's annoying how the Joker became a meme character and now HAS to be in fucking everything to not upset the pleb sheep.

ebin joger :D

Eh I stopped caring since all of my favorite DC characters are all small time ones that never get a chance in video games outside small cameos

I think it also have so.ething to do with the fact that Beowulf was an afterthought, and not really that well developed.

Frankly, this is common everywhere. You always have those characters that can't get a break and must be in everything. It's sad, but it's a sound buisness decision.

Got Centralfiction. It's a 20gb download, so, yeah, it's big nonetheless.

Would you guys prefer it if Big Band and Beowulf were both girls?

I certainly would. I'd hate SG slightly less if it had more massive swole chicks.

Yeah, this game is not really chosing the best guys.
But, talking about cameos, hard to forget that Giganta from the first game.

I could live with that.

archive.is/AMHvJ#selection-545.39-545.73
Well the officially confirmed why now;

"…we would like to sincerely apologize to anyone who was offended by this content. Please don't blow us up."

Well, they did the right thing. You never know with them militant Seventh Day Adventists.

once again capcom does a
WHY
Why is thailand stage have muslim music?
Isn't the main religion Buddist?
Why is Bison a muslim or have any affiliation to muslim music?
You would think a dictator about evil and psycho power would have no affiliation with Islam or religion
Who are the muslim devs at capcom? Are there ones at Capcom?
Are they the same devs at dubai who approved of Rashid?
Another shit heap of questions to an easily avoidable controversy you would think they would have seen a mile away but no, and we won't even know whose bright Idea It was.

can we make a new thread with this as the OP?

While they're removing potentially offensive content, they should remove Juri's shitty school costume

Injustice 1 stage transitions were better than the new ones in Injustice 2 (apart from the train one, so far)

Seriously?

Anyone else thinks that with things like this happening it's pretty likely that Capcom will rush the MvCI development so they can replace SFV?

He sorta seemed like the "I AM GOD" kinda person. everyone is below him and no one is above him kinda deal.

Bets on what else gets cash-grab SFV related garbage?

Big Band would still be the same, just with a husky female voice instead. There isn't much in the way you can do to make an iron lung sexy without being completely retarded about it.

Female Beowulf is interesting, but I'm fine with him being a dude.

Which is how must mulsims/Islamists think.

Possible. Though rushing MvCi will assuredly put it in a worse place than even SFV.

If sales don't pick up by EVO, that will be exactly what happens. They'll make SFV free to play and only keep doing the bare minimum with it. Then they'll shift complete focus on MvCI.
They're already rushing MvCI the fuck out based on the it's current appearance and ass loads of post-launch DLC planned. Then will happen.

We're gonna see one big colossal train wreck, get pumped.

Is nobody concerned about the fact that they have to take down the servers just to change one file?
How incompetently done are their servers, jesus fuck.

Wait. Seriously?

I'll be watching with pure glee, my friend. Couldn't happen to a more deserving company.

It's in the third fucking line, I swear the majority of Holla Forums doesn't read for shit.
Their maintenance usually takes forever compared to fucking MMOs too.

Why would I assume Capcom is competent with running their server architecture?

Maybe that didn't stick with most of us because we aren't playing the shit

Because they actually have two active MMOs that still get updates and players, and MMOs are pretty intensive with server activity and such.

I had plenty of problems with their MH servers back in the Wii era and haven't played a Capcom run game in the intervening time. I just assumed they ran into problems that required semi-frequent server shutdowns as usual.

I'll be fully honest, I just quickly gaze at it because I just wanted to see the excuse for the change .

new thread

Nigga we aren't at page 13 or 700 posts

No imagine Girl Band would be a lot slimmer, although still big, but with more external visuals to indicate that she's female.

Concerns about being completely retarded didn't stop them from making the rest of their characters hoyoooooooo

All of these suggestions sound terrible. I don't even like Big Band that much visually because he does look rather boring, but slim & Sexy BB would be worse.

I'll give you Nurse Valentine for being generic, Filia for being plain, and Cerebella because her hat is stupid.

You take that back about the rest, Painwheel, Squigly, Parasoul, and Ms. Fortune are top shelf designs. Robo too.

But it's a hat
with ARMS
don't you UNDERSTAND

Indeed, it could be better, so, why not try again?

So, they enjoyed the idea with Jason. Could be interesting, unless it can be interrupted too early.

Someone saved my OC. Really nice!

The problem was how long it took between the transictions. It was too long.

I know it's magic and stuff, but Cerebella's neck must be stronger than steel to hold all the party that happens over her head;
By the way, the intro and idle animation for Double was absolutely outstanding. I would love to see at least another one of the three planed moster girls they planed. Only Double had a chance.

no no non o
you don't UNDERSTAND
she basically has FOUR ARMS now
but she has them from a HAT
that's EVEN COOLER than goro

I'd have killed to have Venus put in the game because the way they described her was insane. 4th dimensional teleporting tentacle chick is right up my alley. Also mouths.

Oh no, I liked it, but you're also right and this is pretty much an upgrade.

It's a damn shame so many characters won't see the light of day again, but at least we didn't end up with Stanley.

Back when I had some interest in this crap, I thought the walking toothy cooch would be cool but Lab Zero would fuck it up.

Didn't know boom tubes could make you grow bigger.

The characters are fine in that respect. No direct copies but some very obvious moves being ripped from other games.

He was the one meme pick I never understood.

I mean, they'd fuck it up because they're Lab Zero, but I'd much rather see Big Band be a Big Girl Band.

I ain't taking back a GODDAMN thing

GigaMaidens in the house bitch, Dullgirls ain't shit, what you gonna do

Nothing. The last time I let someone on the internet russle my jimmies. I spent a year raging every time Anita Sarkeesian made a video. Enjoy your opinion, I don't have to agree with it.

Oh well. Pera's not a combative type anyways

There's something about the worst pick that attracts the masses, hence King Knight getting jammed into Shovel Knight.

Wait for more 3D character art. Bonus points for good color schemes, unlockable costumes or damaged costumes.

When I posted it. Anyway if interested in playing MK9 add me. mr daylight on steam. suit & tie avatar.

Hence Minette being as popular as she was. Although I'll admit. If L0 could have made her as fun to play as UMvC3 Frank West her waiter gimmick being analogous to his camera; I might have taken back all the shit I said about her being pure waifu bait.

I know nothing about your game save what has been said in the last two threads. But more power to you for following through with your fighting game idea (I have had one sitting in notebooks for years.).

The Skullgirls are overweight and have unhealthy diets and habits. What if my girls taught the SGs how to lift and they became swole and lost all that unsightly fat? Would you still like them then?

found tekken 7 'Deluxe Edition' going for €60 right now. Pretty much get all the shit they tried to jew as extra for standard price now.

gamebillet.com/tekken-7?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7

What the fuck is wrong with those sprites

A combination of a lack of any filters, a "2013 console killer" video card and a shit display resolution.

Well, a girl can have a bit of fat and muscles, but I'm always OK with swole girls!

AMD=Ass of Mass Destruction

By the way, some new stuff about that new Eternal Champions.

Not everyone is Fillia MsFortune is/was an athletic thief and I'm pretty sure Squiggly doesn't have much fat on her decayed body. Also, blood is pretty healthy for Eliza.

By the way, ver 2.01 for KOFXIV is out: snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.01_en.pdf
RIP in piece Sylvie

WHY

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

N-U-C-L-E-A-R
N-E-G-R-O

Any fighting game mumble servers?

Good, I won't have to pay an arm and a leg to import it this time

On fucking point as always

The game actually looks better without the UI

Still looks like an early PS3 game

Kinda funny how when I make a new fighting general it gets deleted along with the ==new thread== post.

Still page 11 pal

Because you didn't fucking follow the board rule you moron.

lel

Is this from MvC3? Thor never striked me as the Flash Step kind of guy.

I'M NUCLEAR
I'M WILD
I'VE BEEN SAYIN' IT FOR YEARS!

?????

No wonder it's 52GB, they tried to port the whole playstation network over

I really hope this thread didn't start that meme.
It's everywhere, now.

That's not a new move for Thor. It's the time gem.

The time gem allows everyone to use a teleport dash. Chris was spamming it in the leaked gameplay footage. See 3:18 in this video

Fuckin wow

Are you kidding me, Squigly looks more like a fucking bowling pin than she does a human.

Skullfats need to be whipped into shape.

That looks like injustice rather than marvel. I'm less excited

what meme?

l-lewd

Your feelongs about Skullgirls and the relative fitness of its characters is bordering on autistic now user.

Squigly is fat.

Most of them are unhealthy.

Squigly isn't fat; she has wide hips. If Squigly is fat, the gigamaidens are fat.

Big hips, and only that in this case, isn't fat. Filia's the only one I'd consider close to that and that's thanks to her parasite.

Could be like Ocarina of Time's fire temple in that some of the background sounds came from a generic sound library.

Isn't it indicated in the games that all the SGs ever eat are hot dogs, sodas, burgers, ice cream and chinese food? In addition to smoking cigars and having parasites.

They're freaking heffers.

Looks better in motion imo. Would have benefitted from a similar shader that MvC3 had, only not as poorly done. If it was done with the quality and attention that XRD's shader was done it would look quite a lot better.

Not Ms.Fortune, Eliza, Squigly(she's dead), Painwheel and of course, Robo Fortune.

Also the image posted on has more fat than Squigly

Wouldn't be the fist time they put something without even thinking about lyrics

Now we've crossed the threshold into purr autism. At least 1/3 of the cast need to eat more sandwiches because they are hu man experiments. The rest are either toned with big tiddies, or thick in the thigh region.

Where did Mike Z touch you giga-user?

Squigly ate a lot of cake to get her ass that big when she was alive. And Eliza is a freaking cow, she moos.

She moos.

Ridiculous!

Yes, you should tone it down. Adapting Fortune's puns isn't helping you.

That's just another way to describe "fat".

More like crapcom made this, Intentionally, just to bring attention to turd fighter 5. The same shit with rashid

Daidouji playable in a fighting game when

I blame a touchscreen but the pun was unintended but ironic.

All the pics you posted are of "fat" girls than.
Seriously, why do you hate that game so much?

NEW THREAD