Worthless Power-Ups

I'm not talking about equipment/upgrades that are slightly weaker to what you currently have, no. I'm referring to shit that barely fucking does anything, and doesn't have any practical use throughout the entire game.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/gAmc1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pic related in Mario Kart.

There's a guitar powerup in this Cheetos game that literally does fuck all for you.

Early kirby games it was a shock to find such a worthless power.

Newer Kirby games.. the least it could do is heal you.

Which game was it that used the sleeping ability as a stage hazard?

It's in Dynamite Headdy too, and does the exact same thing.

Maybe against the CPU but against other humans it works.

All you have to do to get rid of it is boost or enter water though.

Pretty much the food and armor in Breath of the Wild that provides resistance to electricity. The "payoff" for having a "high-level" electric resistance is a fucking joke
Again, that's supposed to be high-level resistance. Low-level and mid-level electrical resistance elixirs do fuck all as well.

Now, there is armor that when the whole set is worn, it provides complete electrical resistance making you impervious to even lightning, which is useful. Anything less than that is worthless, and you're better off just boosting your attack or defense and getting better at fighting electric enemies so you avoid all shock. Here's how the electrical resistance should have worked in my opinion:

Now the armor set bonus, instead of being "unshockable", should have been something that ATTRACTS lightning (at a much higher rate than metal weapons) so you can kill your enemies when it's storming through a barrage of lightning strikes. Something like that, I'm not sure.

Super Star's Great Cave Offensive had a puzzle that would push you back to the start of the room because of wind.

Robobot had a room with spikes too.

La Mulana.

There's an upgrade that gives your weapon an extra hitbox which extends it's range. Unfortunately, it tends to prioritize over the main weapon and do less damage, and it's permanent.

every other item you pick up in BOTW is a fucking joke due to the nature of it, it costs more in resources to explore than what the actual rewards yield for exploring, not to mention exploring usually just means beating on the same mobs you've been beating on the whole game to find a treasure chest with a weapon you'll break in 5 hits

Putting silicon tits on a trap.

That's a handicap, not a power-up.

If every other item is shit, then you only need to pick up half as many items

There's plenty in Pokemon but technically all shitty items that actively damage are useful for you because of fling or item swap, but that technically qualifies. In addition, for the entire first gen, the move focus energy that was supposed to raise your crit rate actually halved it as a bug.

I want to fuck both of these. Especially Blooper.

The berserker pack in Doom was pretty worthless on UV and Nightmare, you'd be fucking suicidal to punch a Cacodemon.

I love how people ban pokemon or moves because it's "unfair"
Nigga, if the game is competitive, you pick the best fucking loadout to win.

I don't care if my sleep hits with 100% accuracy with no downside. I will spam it as much as I fucking want. Use a fucking berry as a hold item or dodge the attack, or whatever, fuck. Not every pokemon needs to hold meme leftovers.

What did that have to do with anything I said?

Go for it user, those things are probably massive sluts and will squirt ink the second they get penetrated.

not really a powerup but any RPG that has a swimming skill you can level up is guaranteed useless. only exception I can think of Wizardry 7.

Elona's swim skill makes you go faster when wet.

Most of the perks in Runescape's Invention skill

This… is a new skill? Last they added was dungeoneering

The hell are you talking about user Berserk lasts for the whole level and is better at killing Pinkies then almost anything.

the soul charge feature in soul calibur 2

It does?

In Kirby's Adventure there was a scrolling stage with a bunch of blocks and noddys everywhere that was kinda tricky

Yeah it is, since Dungeoneering they added Divination, and Invention.

You need level 80 in Crafting, Smithing and Divination to even start Invention.

or until you die.

The secret boots in sotn

Not necessarily. I agree that it will cost you resources to go exploring but you have to know how to scavenge efficiently. For example, if you want more arrows, the best way is to sneak by enemy camps and take out the archers without them shooting any arrows at you so that they drop a 5-10 arrow loot. If you need good weapons, hunt Hinoxes because they'll carry usually 3 weapons of your skill set. Hunting Lynels will cost you anywhere from 2-4 weapons depending on how strong they are and if you have attack boosters on or not, but you get rare Lynel loots like its weapons and Lynel parts.

tl;dr git gud faget.

the game isnt' even hard its exhaustively tedious. even the hardest enemies the lynels are just a matter of spamming counter until the big fucker dies, which of course breaks half your weapons in the process and puts you through the tedious process of re-gearing yourself mid battle because i guess they didn't learn from the water temple that constantly going in and out of menus isn't fun

i'll step back a bit and say its not a terrible game or anything but open world is too big for the few things within it that are actually fun or interesting, more time spent running around or climbing than doing anything actually engaging.

you can stick the control stick forward and go beat your meat while playing BOTW most of the time

It doesn't, but he's right. The rules they use to govern competitive pokemon are fuckin silly. Why ban things like evasion when there are moves that always land?

No. Sakurai uses Sleep power up as an obstacle.
If you play Metaknights Revenge in kirby super star theres a stage where youre running away and the screen is moving to the right slowly as you evacuate, and you have to dodge the sleep power ups. In addition, there's slowly crumbling bridges once kirby steps on them. The screen is slowly moving to the right, so if you fall asleep the screen will shove you to the crumbling bridge and kirby will fall off asleep.

To elaborate, the sleep power up is not useless, because it is brilliantly used as a stage hazard.

New Super Marisa Land did something similar actually when you're fighting Nue. She throws powerups at you, but getting one of them is death because you need to keep the UFO to attack her. Conversely, you can kill Alice with mushrooms as a cute reference to the previous game where she was playable and wasn't allowed to collect powerups.

Also in Squeak Squad sleep is useful once you get its powerup scroll because it regains health à la Snooze Pack.

It's like Top Spin! Except weaker, harder to use, obtained right before the final stage of the worst game of the series, even more embarrassing than ballerina twirling into enemies, and ultimately worse in every situation than just using your regular pellet gun.

fuck you fuck you piece of trash

Can you mod elf cuntboi out of that yet?

It's the same shit as every other game in the series except it has the best story.

Perfect.

Imagine someone out there actually masturbates to this

It also has the best 4-bit soundtrack in the series. :^)

Yes
And it's me

It's barely faster than normal running speed, why are these even in the game?

Because when you start going for A Ranks, even the few seconds you might save count.

Prove it

Meh that's far more fapable then a ton of the garbage art i'v come across over the years.

speedrunning

:D

Cute things being pleasured is my fetish.

Pretty sure that one is from SA2, which your rank was based on score, and the best way to get score was not speed but rings and killing shit.

You can straight up glitch the game out and beat a level in 1/4th the expected time and still get lowest rank possible because your score was low.

How do you masturbate to something that's nonhuman?
I get a bigger kick out of seeing cute things being tortured

NO
THIS IS NO BULLY ZONE
BULLYING IS NOT ALLOWED

Adventure 1 had C, B, and A missions. Sonic's A missions required you to beat the levels in a pretty tight time limit. So the Speed shoes could be useful but I just abused spin dash ramp jumping, though considering how hard some of those times can be maybe that's what they intended.

get the fuck off my screen you worthless shit. powerups are supposed to give you an advantage, not fuck up everyone

No user

I am forced to play with casual fags (especially brawl)

I have a lot of issues.
I only torture a rabbit by pinching it's entire body and I felt a kick of adrenaline set in every time I heard the fucker yelp
Then, When I was older, I threw my sisters hamster against the wall through the entire week, then stuffed it in a sock and spun it as hard as possible, then l I let go and it slammed against as hard as possible until its legs were broken, it couldn't walk anymore and it died a slow death from the unbearable pain
I was too scared to build up and torture people
Though, I used to scream at my little baby sister because I was a damaged and impatient motherfucker and once had a turtle bite her finger
I was relieved that it only left a mark and didn't bite it off
She could barely speak and began screaming "My finger!!! My finger!!!
In another instance, I got something inside her eyes and she says "My eyes!!! My eyes!!!"
Now, I'm nothing but another broken byproduct of a damaged and diseased society. Longing for release and solace.
I am hurt.

I feel great shame reading what I typed

Forgot to mention.
The rabbit I had later died in the hot sun because the temperature was above 100F
Not to mention it got scratched by wild cats
My older sister panicked and tried to revive by putting it in the tub
But the hot sun had already cooked its organs
It was a better fate than dealing with me

It feels so good. I want to keep going further. I also feel exhilaration as I type this, I'm almost drooling

*edgy*

This also explains why whenever I see a smug anime girl I want to see her die in an extremely horrible way and feel great relief when I see guro of a them
archive.is/gAmc1

I didn't feel this way before a lot of eventsessed me up and I even enjoyed anime a lot. Now I don't, due to this aggression and other things. It's a shame, since the only people I relate with are the people here, but my inner bloodlust comes out when I see eastern drawings of women
it can't be helped I guess

I don't do it to be cool.
I need therapy.

Yeah but speed is still a factor in your score. If you want to get A Ranks you generally have to find a balance between finishing the level quickly and killing shit, and going fast as fuck while doing it is a given.

Adventure 2 had five missions per level, the fourth always was under a time limit, and the others still all counted your time for a time bonus, which was usually very important, and in the Second and Third Missions, which were to Get 100 Rings and Find the Lost Chao, time was the only factor.

It's like you like ruining the game.

My pet rodent is sick right now. I hope you die.

That said, I'm fine with guro and whatever sick fantasies you want. I can even relate. I'm even fine with you killing humans. But animals are too much.

I guess the reason I can relate to delighting in the pain of cute things is because cute does not necessarily mean innocent. But animals are innocent, so it only works for humans or at least anthropomorphic characters.

These are the warning signs of a serial killer. Get some fucking help, user.

The special final upgrade for this thing is less than worthless. It costs more than any other upgrade for the weapon, and reduces the weapon from being mostly useless, to being almost literally useless.

Darts seeking out headshots is fucking retarded.

Want to shoot a mine dart into the center of a group to maximize splash damage? Can't, dart always seeks to the head of the first enemy it comes across, so actually aiming is now impossible.

Is the one guy wearing a metal mask standing in the front of the group? Go fuck yourself! It is literally impossible to not shoot enemies in the head with this gun after the upgrade, I fucking tested it. You can literally run up into an enemies face, point the gun directly at the floor, and you will still hear the dart plink off of it's fucking facemask right before he smashes the morningstar into the back of Leon's skull.

Not to mention that headshots with the mine thrower don't really do a god damn thing anyways.

It's a fun weapon for screwing with enemies and bosses, fight me.

And I thought I was edgy. Your story seems familiar, I feel like I already know you.

I was the same way, thanks to shit parents, but the difference is, I kept it in my fantasies. for the most part. Even if it meant staying up late writing really fucked-up stories detailing the abuse in gruesome detail. I kept it to myself and suppressed it as far down as I possibly could. That was all years ago, and since then I've grown an incredible amount of true empathy and compassion, but every now and again, the old sociopath bleeds through and I feel a thirst to make things suffer, and on a level beyond just physically. In these feverish moments I tended towards emotional pain specifically, the idea of causing anguish, grief, loneliness. It gave me power. Then it fades off, and I'm left disgusted with myself. All I can do is hide it from the world.

I question if I can, in good conscience, continue to live in the world knowing that I might one day pose a danger to someone, somewhere. I hope I'm able to get to the [probably freudian] root of all this and confront it, but I lack the willpower at the moment.

That was kind of a narcissistic tangent, but my point is, I know how you feel. You and I aren't born sociopaths, we're learned. There is a human inside, and you need to realize that this sadism is haunting you. You feel shame because on a certain level you know it's not what you're made for, and you should divorce that tendency from the rest of your personality.

you sound exactly like someone I know.
It even makes sense for them to be on 8ch.
what is your first name?

I didn't come here to read your life story, fagboy.

Nah, I'm a piece of shit myself but torturing animals is all on you and can't be blamed on /the unfair world maaan/. I suggest immediate suicide.

The mine launcher is way underrated, it's basically a grenade with slightly less raw damage but unlimited range as long as you're not too much of a shitter.

Video games

I'll always love MUH HAND CANNON

The first six letters of my name are from the son of god.
I enjoy and I feel a kindred emotion to what you are saying, I am a hurt human being. You are one of the only people in this thread who genuinely understands, the bystanders will do nothing but spit venom because they are confused and frustrated with my actions, which is understandable from someone who had never felt this way. I did not choose to be born like this, these are just constant emotions that erode inside me and sometimes memories are triggered with certain posts anons here make, as you've seen yourself. Which does give me guilt, because those poot animals don't deserve it. At times, I feel like I lack self awareness myself.

You don't have to tell me man. Just because I tag on some obligatory shit talking doesn't mean that it isn't actually one of my favorite weapons.

It just means I'm too much of a coward to say it without being prompted

I should add that even thinking about this and reading your posts right now is making me feel it all over again. That rush of adrenaline, your heart pounding in your chest, the surge of power and cruelty. I remember it all, trust me, I know why it's so intoxicating and alluring.

But your shame and guilt will only grow unless you confront it and move forwards. And on a subconscious level, people can tell. When you have a guilty conscience, people read it in your microexpressions and your posture and they can just tell something is wrong, but can't place their finger on it. It will eat you from the inside. Whatever we have, you've got it worse than me, but the solution is the same.

You have to confront it. Find out why you wanted to torture in the first place. Get to the root of it, and figure out who you are. Feel remorse for what you did, realize the need for control that led you to do it, and neutralize it. Just knowing the psychological cause for why you did it tends to neutralize it - abusers were often abused themselves and turned to cruelty so they, too, could feel in power. This is likely to be the root of the issue.

Good luck.

Thank you user. This means a lot. It honestly does, I've capped it for self discovery.

Now, back to the topic.
I haaaate this weapon, I do everything to avoid power triangles but I always fucking touch them.

My friends actually turned off items on their own and we like it better that way even for casual play. We turn select items on sometimes, but they're usually kept off.

Seek help. or at least prove your edginess and shoot up a school

this fucking thing, what a letdown.

Now look at this motherfucker, this power up is so fucking shit mappers force you into picking it up right before traps with either lots or strong projectile enemies so they become even more nasty.

yeah this tbh, drop shot is much worse

You are a shame to the rest of us.

Very clever. Impressive.

This shit makes me fucking quit the stage without any shame.

Don't make yourself necessary to purge.

Complete plebe.

While the rest of the armors in the game gives you either passive or active skills, the ornate plate costs more than all of them while providing literally no bonus to your character.
However it has cosmetics and some funny easter egg related to it, so it's supposed to be useless.

What the fuck does it even do?

My brother. Tenderly loving the cute things is the best.

the real mindfuck is that somebody out there has probably paid real money to commission it or something like it

You joking?
It allows you to make a cool jump.
I mean it doesn't change jump mechanics in the slightest but being covered in gold and making backflips is fucking cool dude.

Still fits the op.
If it wasn't fun i wouldn't have used it for the whole game :^)

You have only yourself to blame.
The trick is to swap guns after every shot.

This was supposed to be a serious moment, but I giggled when this happened.

Hardcore

I'd argue that boosting the player's morale is an upgrade on real life.
It's like taunting in multiplayer games, you fuck with them even though you're not gaining any buff or giving them any debuff.

aaaand a simple google search reveals *drum roll*
that user is a lying sack of shit

Oh, fuck off, you god damn parasite. If I'm going to kill anybody. It's going to be you.

Christ, dude. Why don't you try actually reading the whole thing for once.

Do you not have DOOM on your computer user?

Exactly the red Haze goes away, but you keep the punching power. Either they thought the Haze would be annoying after awhile, or it lasts for the whole level unintentionally.