Why do consoles still use controllers when they have usb ports? Why play with inferior controls?

Why do consoles still use controllers when they have usb ports? Why play with inferior controls?

because keyboards and mice are only good for two genres and both genres are shit

Because retards like this exist.

Checked

This is cuter than 99% of Dispòsable Weebshit

This is bait.

Because only beta males play on consoles. Inferior men use inferior controls.

Did you contradict yourself on purpose?

Because this is a bait platform wars thread that no one will call you out on because "hurr, muh repeating numbers may may".
Having said this, please reevaluate the quality of your future theads.

Ease of access. You can sit comfortably anywhere without requiring a table or something.

-t. overwatch & league of legends players

there's a reason why there are no keyboard players in the top brackets of any fighting game tournament

I've been practicing using a trackball in order to use keyboard controls while on a sofa. The day I master that trackball I'll be a very happy man.

Controllers have been the standard for so long that allowing KBM on console would create a huge rift, and the majority of the existing user base would be completely shitter shattered.

Just do a quick google search for "KBM console", and you'll find countless message board threads where people are complaining about players that use KBM adapters for consoles, and asking for them to be banned.

I don't know if I remember this right, but I think UT3 had a keyboard & mouse support on PS3, and you could even find matches with only controllers players, k&m players or both.

fpbp

Daily reminder that consoles actively forbid using generic keyboards and mice, as far as to banning people for using those.

When will you faggots learn?

KBM isn't as good for 3d envirormentals like 3D platformers, 3D ARPGs, etc.
While KBM is a valid option for things like FPSes for the majority of console games that aren't cod clones analog movement is just better.

Also to add to this bait topic.
Consoles do support KBM in fact a few games support it natively.
Blame game developers and publishers for why most games don't work with this control scheme.

Devs are afraid of disturbing the sensitive ecosystem on consoles because muh comfy couch gaming, a lot of console retards also don't get how adapters like Xim work and think that it can be detected. Remember that you're dealing with people who buy cod and all the DLC on a yearly basis.

You see how silly all this sounds when applied to real life situations?

I prefer controllers and have actually figured out how to map WOW to a controller using X-Padder and a scripting program that changes the selection of buttons when you hold the left shoulder button down, giving access to 10 more button settings.

It's a shame a lot of games ban people for using scripts because

Also.

The fuck happened guys?

Playing an FPS with a controller is like Baseball with a pool noodle, then you complain about someone bringing a bat.

man fuck this cuckchan laughing girls.jpg console war bullshit where the fuck do you people crawl out of.