Future of Crytek

What is the future for this company?

They have shut down 5 studios and now only 2 remain (Kiev and Frankfurt), and they claim to be refocusing on "Premium IPs" and Cryengine. I don't think they've made a single game since Ryse and Warface, only one of which did acceptably.
Employees at Crytek aren't getting paid on time and some Reddit post I saw a while ago said how one guy working at their Frankfurt studio hasn't been paid in 2 months. It seems like they might be going bankrupt soon.

offtopic: I'm a east eurofag, and all of the CIS countries are forced to play on Russian servers in Warface even though I don't speak that language and never have because some russian company bought out the CIS area. There's like 5 or 6 different countries that were affected by this and most of those players can't play because of this.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait they are still living? I thought they were gone by now having sold even the Cryengine to Amazon?

I don't think so
kotaku (dot) com/sources-amazon-spent-big-bucks-on-cryteks-engine-1696008878
fuck off archive it yourself I don't care

Get back to cuckchan, you fucking lazy faggot.

sorry but I can't use archive.is, the page doesn't load for some reason.

archive.fo/
Shift+F2 screenshot page.png –fullpage
Snipping tool

All the page says is that they just sold the code for the engine but they still keep the rights to it. There isn't much else to say about it.

Their dreamy idiots of upper management have fucked over the people that wanted to legit make games big time.
Unless they start seriously improving their engine as a service and maybe make another decent show off game my guess is that their stuff will go to the highest bidder eventually.

Didn't Roberts already poach all the engine developers and programmers?

Thats actualy the only reason theyre still around. They sold the only worthwhile thing they had left and now they will spend the money on shitty games that chase the call of duty/halo audience and inevitably fail.

Its fucking sad. They had tons of potential, crysis 1 was great and especialy the multiplayer was criminaly underrated. The most fun ive had online ever, we still play it on lan parties. And then they went full retard and started to design for console.

They started off with the wrong foot. Shitty documentation, bad payment scheme and not backing (by doing close follow) some third party project are a receipe for disaster, they limited their own development by constantly fucking up. With some luck, their engine will live on with lumberjack. I'm fairly sure cryengine will die with star shillizen.

Star Citizen already switched to lumberjack.

They'll go bust by the end of the year, they had to shut down/sell 5 fucking studios. Realistically the only thing I expect from Crytek is that they'll force the TS Rewind team to release the game at a full $60 just so they'll stay afloat.

Heres the simple answer OP:
Delete this thread

I am glad it turned out this way

Not really familiar with the situation but you are right, wouldn't surprise me if the talent they had left quit over all this bullshit.

Hm, not quite sure how Star Citizen will effect the engine, to be honest the added capability could broaden the use but the main thing is that I don't like amazon owning yet another thing and weaseling their spidernet into an engine.

it has no future
cryengine was the last thing they had that was still worth anything and unreal engine 4 blew it the fuck out with infinitely better documentation, support and features
now they have no devs, no reputation and no IPs that are worth a shit

I'm seeing this retarded mistake more than the proper usage these days.

I'm not. They made some good games and Cryengine I think still is the best games engine for graphics. I don't think anything will beat it out, it's just so pretty. UE4 just feels off to me.

Lumberyard, and they lost pretty much the only game still being made with Cryengine.

Its not hard to see why, the game already went through enough dev hell and Cryengine clearly wasnt up to snuff for what was an MMO.

I know, but it is the same shit with better pre-built netcode. I'm expecting SC to fail hard, everyone will associate the game with cryengine, that will be the last shovel of dirt on crytek. It's a shame, but that's how it usually works.

There is no common development between Crytek and the faggot, they purchase the source code package/tier.

It's already failed, the cucks that got scammed simply have yet to catch onto this fact. I mean, it's been close to five years and there is still no fully featured game in place, let alone all the content they've promised. The foundation is missing and all they seem to be doing is making more ship jpegs and showcasing the FPS portion of the game.

How did they not manage to code all of the shit in 5 years ?

don't forget, they're also producing flashy prerendered in-universe commercials with incredibly expensive celebrity voice-acting

you can't get the code when you're not actually coding anything
it's a fucking scam from the start

Because Roberts is an idiot that never had a clue what he's doing. This isn't the first time he's done this shit either, Freelancer is basically SC v1.0, and that one ended with the publisher being forced to step in and kick Roberts off the project because the game was extremely behind schedule, with no sign of ever getting completed, so they simply cobbled together whatever parts of the game were completed and released to the public.

I guarantee you the same will happen here. Four to five years down the line the project will still be in the "pipe dream" phase, the money will have finally run out and someone will buy the IP for peanuts, chase Roberts off and use whatever assets are complete to release some sort of game to recoup the losses.

On top of wasting cash to redo mocap and hiring Hollywood actors for the story. Talk about a criminal mismanagement of funds. I'll be laughing my ass off when the project fails. I can just imagine all the suicides it will cause.

5 years is quite reasonable for what they promised, even rather fast. The proper way to do what SC is meaning to be was to develop a new engine from scratch. With their fundings(U+200B was here) and proper management (not hiring a team of modelers and artists before you even have a base fork to start adding content would be a good starting point) you could pull it off.

Its sad, I really actually think it could be cool and want to play it

Hopefully buried alive in a deep grave with concrete
I hope they have a slow agonizing death.

Why dev a new engine ? The unreal engine would have worked great. Also :

What's that ?

I'm seriously worried here, I'm fairly certain I did not write that.
Anyway, I suggest a custom engine to ensure a good draw distance and proper handling of multiple units. See Outerra for a proper example of an engine for big scope stuff. SC will have BF scale in space.

Check if you don't have any malware and tell /sudo/ to check if Holla Forums got pwned again.

The concept of MAXIMUM ARMOR is really badass, maybe they can create some sort of online game based around pushing the limit on player count as well as graphics that isn't just a shooter since they already ruined the story by making a white guy turn into a "black robot".

Like when MAG tried to push the limit on player count.

I'm posting from the cellphone my employee gave me.
Hopefully it isn't anything serious, worst case scenario the guy from IT will see the loli sad panda stuff I have been reading

He probably lurks here.

Anyone know how to get Crysis 1 to work? Everything I tried ended in 2 results:
Blackscreen and crash
Failed to load Game DLL!
I literally could NOT get the game to work, I tried at least 4 or 5 different fixes.

He looks more like /cuteboys/ kind of person… If you know what I'm saying.

Try rebooting, then running the executable without Steam open.

Why would steam matter? I didn't buy the game. I pirated it.

Just a suggestion in case you were using the Steam version.

Just because you pirated it doesn't mean you applied a crack to it :^)
Also don't run steam when you don't have to because it hogs bandwidth.

I've been pirating games since I was like 10 years old. I know how cracking works, and if you don't crack the game you get a generic wrong dvd/cd suckurom error.
Turns out there's a GOG version of Crysis as well so I'm getting that instead and hoping it works.

Fuck him in the boipucci tbh

You what?

I think he's talking about pic related

nice.

wtf is this shit? not archiving should be ban-able offense.

I'm more interested in CryEngine rather than in the company itself. It's a quite powerful engine made by a relatively small team. And in comparison to Unreal Engine and Unity, it's free (as in free beer) and open-source.

If Star Citizen wasn't a kickstarter funded game it would have been quietly cancelled by now.

Something will be released eventually and it will crash and burn and become a footnote in videogame history.

This really is such the case with that game. All the bullshit that's gone down with it I am amazed there are cultists that still have faith in it. Any other game would have been crucified long ago for the shit that's happened.

No, whatever the outcome, it needs to become a gigantic header. With the message being either don't do this ever or always do this (if it works out in the end).
But if it's negative we can't just forget about it, there needs to be round the clock threads on maximum bullying so nobody will ever dare to try such a scam ever again. Someone will have to anhero from stress or embarrassment or both.

Its more apparent with the multiplayer function. If it were a single player game, it would have been out by now, but because its trying to be an MMO running on the Cryengine and switching engines now, its spells disaster or troubled development at the least.

the fact that some of these people have sunk literally thousands of dollars into this game just convinces them even more. even if it is released and it is complete garbage they will probably never admit that it is. and in case it doesnt come out its the fault of everyone that didnt pay thousands of dollars for jpegs.

Aren't slavs languages roughly inter-intelligible? Like the various local variants of German or North European languages, as in there are vocabulary variations and different accentuation, but the grammar and declinations are the same.

Use the occasion to perfect your Russian.
Now of course if you're Hungarian or Romanian you're fucked…

I swear people are fucking retarded.

At least pick a language that will help you play decent video games

I had that once, though I have no malware on my device. I think it's some sort of injection into the server, I wouldn't worry about it.

Someone else linked it on here

Not exactly. Pole and Russian will be able to communicate better than German and Dutch, but languages are not that interchangeable.
Generally, Slavs belonging to the same subgroup (either Western, Easter, or Southern) can communicate fairly well without learning the language, but won't fully understand each other. Communication with Slavs from outside of your subgroup gets much tougher, and learning the language is necessary to get something other than very basic stuff across.

haha!

I wish I remembered to save the archives of the threads. I keep forgetting to whenever they are linked. Best was when (84) got called out and admitted to not having even played the game.

Melbourne, victoria?

dead as fuck

Seeing they sold their primary product to Amazon I'm guess the future is little more than the owners retiring on a private island while the other staff get hired by Chris Roberts only to quit still owed months of pay when it all comes crashing down.

Wasnt Freelancer one of those games that promised a lot but needed a publisher to keep the vision in check? Its weird that they would try to remake it again.

If the game is also hard to stomach, it makes me wonder why people are spending hundreds or thousands in it, what keeps them coming back?

I don't give a shit about Crytek other than what's going to become of TimeSplitters Rewind.
WHAT'S GOING TO BECOME OF TIMESPLITTERS REWIND?

What did they do?

does that mean that yoshikage kira wants to be a cuntboy???

I'm actually glad that Crytek sold their engine to Amazon
the engine was always great but the management really fucked things up
I hope that Amazon throws money at improving the engine and treats it as a long-term play to get deeper in to gaming
they even hired John Smedley lol

Hiring John Smedley is basically a death sentence. He fucked up everything he ever worked at and rivals Todd Howard in lies

Furries.

What happened Holla Forums? Normally that'd be the first post.
You all need to go back.

are you legit retarded?

holy shit I didnt know this. glad they are dead

what about amazon lumberyard :^)

good god, crytek is so fucked.

They released a teaser not long ago saying the game will be released in 2017.

If that's true then I can't imagine anything getting in the way of that.

Implying I read OP.

Also what's the point in calling out Reddit, Facebook, 4chan and eceleb? That battle is lost.

Cryengine is impossible to learn due to lack of documentation. What were they thinking? They had ample time to put out documentation, but lost momentum and now nobody talks about Cryengine.

The original Crysis has aged well and looks decent even 10 years later. There was so much potential. All wasted…

CryTek was/is a fucking horrible company that engaged in the most jewish, anti-employee practices you could get away with. Fuck 'em, hope they have to sell their assholes to gay niggers to survive.

Someone linked it on here. I used to use reddit, but I don't anymore, it's been 2 years now.

They just allowed Amazon to use the code for Cryengine and modify it.

Who owns the license to Crysis?
I thought that 3 games in 5 years contract that EA did/does gave them the IP, but I'm not quite sure on the situation on it.

He says in a language written for cucks by cucks…

The only good thing that came out of crytek and their engine was Mechwarrior Living Legends.
And even those guys would gladly switch to a different engine if they weren't too deep involved now.

There's a lot of similarities but not enough to make them inter-intelligible

Pretty sure Crysis is directly owned by Crytek and EA was only ever the publisher.

All east euro (commieblock) countries don't use cyrillic alphabets and are really far off from russian. I was forced to learn it, but I didn't get far.

lets spend all our budget on graphics programmers, what could go wrong?

Engine fully aquired by Amazon and IP's sold off to Microsoft (Who apparently are still interested in Ryse). Studios will probably be killed or gutted then sold off to an emerging publisher like THQ Nordic or Deep Silver.

All languages share a common ancestor if you go back far enough anyways.

Turning back to the roots - opening lots of Turk Kebab bars around germany.
They have to go back, fucking turkroaches.
for newfags:
>Crytek GmbH is a German video game and software developer, founded in 1999 by Turkish German brothers Cevat, Avni, and Faruk Yerli, headquartered in Frankfurt. Crytek has one other studio in Kiev.

What future?

No, you fuck off instead.

To be honest, the Turks can make some pretty graphics.

Very much so.

Are those the Coup soldiers?

Bankruptcy.