Scope in video game has mildots

Yet if they're not included people would complain about that too.

>they forget to include fun

are there any games with hyperrealism in terms of physics but not content? shooting real world guns in nice and all but what if I want to see how Turok-tier weaponry would work in real life?

Only if you're using one in real life. Otherwise, it comes off as a boring simulation.

Armored Core V and VD had bullet drop

Holla Forums doesn't dislike arma for the gameplay they dislike it because bohemia is utterly incompetent and can't program a decent engine worth a shit and causes arma 3 to get worse and worse fps every time they fuck with that spaghetti code and release an update. There's a reason people are hoping Outerra/TitanIM will be succesful in the consumer market

I'm one of them, I want BI to have competition because they do fuck up hard and often, that said many on Holla Forums hate if because it isn't a 200m x 200m rapid spawn murder room.

I've personally never seen that but I'll take your word for it man, a lot of people on Holla Forums have shit taste

A3 has basically just the same fkin engine that operation flashpoint from 2000 fucking 1 used, just with added fluff, it still cant handle collision detection or animations properly.

They just have to ditch the real virtuality engine all together, every fucking game that used it has the same problems.

Compare the gameplay of player unknowns battlegrounds vs DayZzz that runs on real virtuality, battlegrounds feels way more natural and is more playable. And thats without 4 fucking years of development.

oh boy another autistic first person shooter thread
why don't we just purge these people from existence? Shooters kill your brain.

I only know because in nearly every ARMA thread the first couple of responses are "slow / boring".
I hope TitanIM gets a civilian release but everything I have read only talks about the military version and the current map has nothing but every embassy on earth in it.

I think you mean bullets kill your brain.

no, bad games are just bad for you, that's all

Shooter games with difficulty jacked up all the way up your ass can teach you to be careful with your encounters while laying waste to enemies, rather than hiding behind cover all day and shooting in general direction of the enemy ocasionally.

Actually, the mental stimulation by essentially any task fosters upkeep of your neurons. It's why it takes some serious serious shit to fuck up your brain if it isn't already fucked to begin with.

a mild irritation is a sort of stimulation, shooters are essentially a braindead genre and have no value.

depends on the quality of the game design. Most shooters either vouch to have none or settle with lowest common denominator shit.

Yeah, well, you know, uh, that's just like, your opinion man.

ArmA is shit because of Bohemia's emphasis on realism. Realistic outputs are achieved through unrealistic input as the only communication between the computer and yourself is a keyboard and a mouse, and you end up with a game that's all menus and no gameplay.

I want to learn all the functions. I only got Arma 3 for the S.T.A.L.K.E.E.R. mod.

You don't even need to do half the shit they have keybinds for most of the time. All you need to know are the essentials.

Try some brutal doom on the highest difficulty.

You need to leave.

Sights on a rifle are used "incorrectly". who fucking zeroed some of these sights

Also,

Thanks Bohemia

so campers have something different to look at in the killcam

I remember one time when my dad was dicking around with being an archer in Oblivion he managed to snipe a wolf that was like at the extreme limit of the games ability to load creatures, and just at the edge of the "scope" from high skill. It was a reasonably impressive shot to make.

As someone with no depth perception this is fuckin bullshit

SNIPER ELITE GENERAL

I distinctly remember sniping "Zombies" at extreme ranges with the Vintorez in STALKER by rebounding into them after they hit the concrete because of bullet drop. Good times.

Including the embassy of Ecuador in the UK?
Anyway, Titan is no less than 2 years away from becoming a game, even the base engine is still missing basic functions to make a game out of it.

Spunkgargleweewee kills your brain.

Red Orchestra 2 comes to mind.

Yup. I remember spending hours when I first got that game trying to learn what I needed to adjust my sights to at certain distances as I was playing new maps for the first time.

Quickly realised how futile it was.

Now, I will admit I don't know a whole lot about guns, but I'm pretty sure the bullets at least don't fly out at angles that the barrels shouldn't even allow.

I can never have the things I want.

Aiming is such a bitch in this game

Thank god it's dead.

You're right but a little of RNG is nice. The issue arises from when there are no game developers left, only corporate suits putting lego blocks togheter and all bullets in all shooters are just as likely to come out to the side as they are to go straight ahead.

i certainly dont think its automatically indicative of a good game, but it can be interesting or even satisfying.
that said id rather a certain group of developers work out the bugs and performance issues

Let's start with basic things, like realistic reload. If that happens then we can include more realistic ballistics.

I also find it bullshit that certain games should have that feature to enhance the gameplay but they don't.

Nigger, I know soldiers who would shoot you on sight for saying such shit.
Unrelated webbum.

also
FUCKING SNIPER ELITE.

Modern RPGs in a nutshell.

Every single time. Game devs are all faggots.

everytime

What game is this?

sometimes

It's obviously an impromptu bottlecap opener.

One of the Isreali guns actually has a bottle opener built into it.

How about because it's an unfinished game with on-disk DLC built on a broken engine.

>>>/reddit/
not in any single point is the game even near attempting to be realistic

Every game that doesn't do this has ridiculously OP shotguns or the shotguns are irrelevant because the game uses realistic ballistics that align with how horrible shotguns are compared to having an AR.

good goy, believe in equality

You could just make the gun a pain in the ass to reload:

We need more wild west games. There shotguns can be devastating but not dominant since they'd need to be reloaded constantly and their aim could be slightly off since that's a real consequence of the side by side design

Useless against more than 1 rifle round

U wot.

there has never been a game with good sniper mechanics

I hate it when devs do this.

real depth perception on a 2d arrangement of pixels. nigga wut?

>mark my fucking w r o d f s
Oh shit I wasn't expecting that

Either Sniper Elite or Sniper Ghost Warrior, I'm assuming.

Sniper Ghost Warrior is a purfect fit to that discription.

JFK Reloaded was alright.

Africa is truly a wonderful place.

Never forgot those retarded battlefield servers with names like NOC4 NOSHOTGUN NOSNIPER NOFUN FINALDESTINATIONONLY and other boring bullshit.