Rust and why it's shit

I'm trying to explain to my friend why he shouldn't buy this pile of shit and buy Terraria instead.

RNG cone inaccuracy as a means to balance a weapon's damage - making it either overpowered because the core damage values are the same, or unusable due to being simply unreliable. Grind-promoting elements, inability to get items from the environment to make your life easier - his answer to this was adding purple boxes that are about as rarely seen on piles as military crates are on regular monuments. Barrels used to provide a constant chance of finding something to fight against the players ahead of you on the progression curve. Shit the game clearly doesn't currently need and that nobody asked for. Plant genetics? Water mechanics?

What am I missing here? I'm trying to prove a point that Facepunch's game designer is shit at his job.

Isn't that another dime a dozen dayz clone mixed with gmod cancer?

You don't get to customize your character either.
Have you showed him things people have made in Terreria?

Nah, I'm trying to find shit unique to this particular cancer game. Every game has cheaters and squeakers, user.

Terraria doesn't really look that impressive. I enjoy playing it as much as anyone else, but building in Terraria is glorified pixelart.

It's literally just dayz cancer + gmod cancer. Infact, come to think of it. It looks like a really dumbed down version of DarkRP from gmod.

You build a base. Instead of having to team up with players who have keypads+lockpicks you just smash shit open with a rock. Instead of farming with money printers and having to buy from another player you just craft shit (why do people think this is fun? Every craft system I've seen is garbage). Raids are still raids and there is no rule preventing you from just shooting up whoever you see. Likewise the playerbase is way more spread out and you rarely run into people unless you know where their base is. It also lacks the weird comfyness that came from the broken down city's you'd see in dark RP.

That's like saying "Have you shown him what people made in Dwarf Fortress". It's not going to look like anything to anyone who never played the game.

Yes, which is why showing it to a person who never played will elicit zero reaction.

You're not wrong but that's one of those situations where it's either your kind of thing or it isn't.

There is no such thing as a multiplayer game that is also a good game.

bullshit

Funny you should say Gmod cancer because the studio who made Gmod is also making Rust.

But I think Rust is pretty fun and it comes out with content updates all the time and it is probably the best in its genre.

I mean, it ain't perfect. It ain't even great, really. But it's a good time if you like grinding up a base and raiding other losers.

I mean actual raiding, not blowing doors off of shitshacks.

Rust is pretty fucking cancer for a sandbox survival game, considering you cannot customize your character at all, it is randomly created for your steam ID and permanently tied to it so once you HAVE a character generated, it's permanent across all servers. Most people ended up with niggers and women when this was first implemented.
Being that it is a survival game, and there is a limited map size, anyone on a server will have care package drops memorized and camp them like bastards. This is also a problem as veterans of a server will have impregnable bases, and will regularly go on noob hunts.
As it is a sandbox game, the only goal is to have the best base, which of course goes to the server veterans.

…fuck that shit.

Is ARK any good?

>>>Holla Forums

lol fuck that noise

Oh it gets better. Apparently, the dev acted all smug about the player number increase.

Yeah no shit people enjoyed not having to stare at the sausage fest all day everyday.

i don't understand why they don't just pack the game up and start something else. it's still nowhere near as fun as DayZ mod was at its height.

Ark is basically the same thing, but with dinosaurs. The problem is that dinosaurs can be pretty much any level anywhere, so you may die within seconds of spawning in because there's a level 40 snake a foot away from you, not that you really have to worry about death being a penalty since you only lose your items, which you can get back so long as you find where you died. There's supposedly shit to explore, you can build a boat fort, but it's really fucking glitchy because of the dinosaurs clipping through EVERYTHING. Also you fucking poop all the time. So if that sounds right up your alley, go for it.

Like all survival games, survival being the only fucking thing to do gets really boring, and gets boring faster once you know you can't die or lose anything, the only people I know to really like dayz are people who like arma to begin with, because they like to feel like an OPERATOR.

Get a friend that isn't such a mouthbreathing faggot

I heard you can turn poop into unlimited plant turrets or something.

inb4 it is made by pajeets.